a brief chat with Bryan Singer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omar
Today i was at the Tower of Youth Teen film festival which is part of the Sacramento Int'l Film Fest which is taking place this weekend

the special guest of this years fest was Bryan Singer, the director of XMEN. after an hour of bad questions from some of the kids i approached him in the lobby and i shot out the worthy material

so i hear you're a star trek fan? do you ever dream about making a star trek movie?

immediately he switches into nerd mode and we're off on star trek. he tells me of this time when Patrick Stewart invites him over to dinner one night saying he has a surprise for him. when Bryan arrives he is greeted by William Shatner himself. Wouldn't that be something??

His idea for a Star Trek movie would be a grand movie with a fantastic war, something that hasnt really been shown in Star Trek and probably would be interesting to tackle... someday i hope he does get a chance to make it.

anyway it was fun meeting him. hes a really great people person as many directors should be... yeppers

-Omar

G.P
*drools* How lucky you are !

LanceWindu
Bryan Singer rocks, he does great movies.

Kes
Ok 1 thing...you talk to Brian Singer and you said the interesting questions are about Star Trek? blink
In the XMEN forum??
WHAT?!

Marvelgeek
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! X-MEN!!!!!
DID YOU ASK HIM ANY X-MEN QUESTIONS?!?!?!

DemonicGambit-2
I think it would be interesting to talk to Bryan Singer...of course I'd just talk about X-Men

verauko
did you ask him about who is going to play gambit?!?!?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! This would be my first question if i would see him big grinbig grinbig grin

VallejoKid707
me too! an who would play psylocke if she was in it.

NightLova7
I would probably just sit there... in awe. lol

Paola
yeah me too... maybe even get in shock....

Mystique
god you are lucky

Omar
well pretty much he had been answering xmen questions for an hour and half. i got there late, so all i know is that they picked most of the characters by several factors.. Money, and practicality in the story..

they were talking about how half of the Xmen characters are basically guys who can shoot blasts from their hands hehe.. so they pick characters who are somewhat unique (and important) and if possible a nemesis or opposite that works cinematically

anyway that was a lot of fluff.. i dont even think they've started casting.. this guy who was with Singer (the writer and associate producer were hanging out too) said it was really far off for casting.. but he probably was lying cause these unattractive fanatic fools were asking when casting started..

1. cool smile wink 3. eek! eek! confused Happy Dance laughing

1. Omar, Joel and Bryan Singer chillin with it
3. Buncha Loooooosers! (The Unattractive fans)

Mystique
i probably would have asked what is the director that inspired you to be one

frozen flame
blink ... no expression

Mystique
no not really lol

Paola
blink

Mystique
i would probably go crazy

verauko
what? i don't get it :P

Mystique
me either

roguegirl15
I'D PROBABLY BEG HIM TO find ME somebody who would put me IN A MOVIE! You r so lucky.Id be shocked to hear him speak in person. 1 messed after seeing him 2 eek!

Paola
Oh those days! cry

now I wouldn't want to meet the guy schmoll

roguegirl15
I was only kiddingclown.I would want to ask him something more important .Besides I can do the whole movie thing on my own.laughing(seriously)
You're still lucky you got to meet him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.