Return of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hypernova
Okay guys, I just have to point out that I am relatively new to the whole SW world. That being said, what happened during the filming of Return of the Jedi. My impression after Dave Prowse's talk is that he had a bad experience during the filming of this movie. For those who've been a fan for that long, what do you remember of this? It all seemed to revolve around the British media and leaking information that Darth Vader was going to die. He said that GL and the other actors didn't tell him that he was going to die in that last film, and that they were getting someone else to play his part when Darth Vader was unveiled.

yerssot
don't know about all that, though David Prowse played Darth Vader and the face was Sebastian Shaw

Hypernova
DP said that GL did not want a cast that was "too British" so they dubbed his dialogue with someone else. And by "too British" I meant too many British actors. He said GL wanted this to be an American film.

And for those interested, DP's fav of the OT is ESB (though he said he didn't know it at that time).

yerssot
well, James Earl Jones's voice is much better then Prowses!

and they dubbed mauls voice too btw
but prowse likes to complain, like he thought he would get the role again in EpIII big grin

Hypernova
yes That's true re: DP complaining one eye

I didn't notice that with Darth Maul.
But I did find it interesting that the "voice" of Chewie was actually a real bear! laughing out loud

Lyn
Is it?? Well...

yerssot
Peter Serafinowicz did the voice of Maul

Captain REX
Interesting...and was Dooku dubbed too? stick out tongue

yerssot
no, but his face was placed on a stuntmen

Lyn
Ray Park was Darth Maul, yeah??

finti
Yes

finti
Just a curiosity on the original poster for the poster posted in the first post on this thread

http://www.evan.org/posters/rev1.jpg

yerssot
kewl smile the other title smile

finti
should have been a postmanbig grinbig grinbig grin

mephistodesigns
Chewie is a bunch of noises. Not just bears. I forget the list but they used like five different animals and mixed them. Somebody probably has the list, maybe even in the SW.com databanks. I'll check.

mephistodesigns
Yep, here it is:

"Chewie's voice was a combination of numerous animal sounds from Sound Designer Ben Burtts' personal library. Walruses, camels, bears and badgers were all blended in different ratios to come up with Chewbacca's various utterances. One of the key ingredients in the mix was the sound of Tarik, a black bear from the Happy Hollow Zoo in San Jose California. Tarik passed away in 1994 due to congestive heart faliure."
--Star Wars Databank

yerssot
you ring twice?

finti
dont even knock

yerssot
*remembers free styler* messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.