Forum Features

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

razman
Preview feature has just been added.

Did you know that if you click on the last poster on the topics page, you will be taken to that message without scrolling? (was a feature added)

razman
What sort of new features would you like to see? Anything you would like to change?

Heres whats current in the pipeline:
Same Color/LayoutPreview Function

Anything you would like to add?

razman
Heres an update.

I've changed the color scheme to match the old forum. I'm going to be changing the banners to the new ones Dim sent me soon.

Changed the transition screen that annoyed Ush. Now gives you the option to either read your message, or return to the forum.

Changed the way the signature breaks were placed. If the signature is composed of an image, the break isn't place.

Please post any new features you would like to see.

Gundark
Looks like you've been working hard, Raz. Thanks. We really appreciate all your efforts to make this a user friendly place. cool

Ushgarak
Oh, it's pretty gorgeous now.

queeq
How about that thing you added on EZboard, where you could see who was online. Can that be added here as well?
I though it was pretty weird when you put it there but I kinda got used to it.

razman
How would you lot feel about a whos online feature, which tells you exactly what each person is doing. Or would you want a plain one which just gives the usernames?

queeq
A plain one will do for me. I don't want to know every detail RC's doing. Uggh. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I want to see everything! Curiousity is my vice...

ratcat
Oh well, there goes the privacy.... laughing out loud

queeq
Like you had any. big grin

razman
OK, I'll look into integerating the Whos online into the forum. It may take a while though.

Ushgarak
Not good enough. Get it now! NOWnownownownownownow!

BTW- it was VERY slow here today... is there any logic to it?

Ushgarak
Will there be a strutures rankign system returning? And a direct link from your site?

And now I have the most recent post at EVERYWhERE save the Council... ha ha ha...

razman
There IS a rank system (in the SW forums) as follows:
Default - Jedi Padawan100 - Jedi Knight500 - Jedi Master

There are two more mystery ranks after this....but I'll let you guess them.

The link to the site will be up as soon as I update the site.....any day now big grin

I don't understand your last remark...

Ushgarak
Great, it's just that Zereil wants to be a Knight, and he was so close at the old place.

And now I have ALL the most recent posts in forums except for the Council AGAIN...

And shouldn't that be GMT PLUS five hours down the bottom there? That IS a minus sign, isn't it? And it's BST right now anyway...

queeq
Ush is opting for a promotion again, eh?

ratcat
EST is minus 5 hours from GMT.

Ushgarak
I'm not sure that's how it's meant to work... and it's BST anyway... spot the pedanti-o-phone again!

Um... could the unread messages system be changed? Only sometimes I pop in just to check the role-play, and when I come back later it's blanked the unread mark on the messages in other forums because it only lights up those changed since your last visit... bit irritating for me, really. Is a 'mark as read' option not practical?

ratcat
I knowwe're in BST, but that doesn't change the fact that EST is minus 5 hours from GMT.

Anyway, EST is on savings time as well so it's still 5 hours minus...

razman
I've changed it to GMT....much better cool

ratcat
I'm sure SOMEONE will *****!!!

queeq
Stop talking bad about Dim, RC. laughing out loud

Dim
Hey, I can deal with time zone differences..unlike SOME big babies around here stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I think Keo has the right idea... no sense of time at all.

razman
I'll have a go at trying to display the times in the users local time.

It'll have to be sometime in June though.

Dim
Don't feel like you have to do in on my account wink

ratcat
Well, I can't see what the fuss is about. As long as there is a time and it's universal to all then what's the deal?

razman
So they don't have to add X hours to GMT time to find out when the post was made.

Anyway after having a look at the code, it seems nearly impossible...

queeq
I use my CPU clock, not the boards one. Who can rely on that.

razman
The board time is used to give you an indication of when a post was made....nothing else.

Although I don't think its actually GMT but BST.

ratcat
How about moving the "board time" clock from the bottom of the screen to the top?

queeq
Any progress on that thing that shows who's online?

razman
Progress? Zilch, I'm afraid. I want to get my finals over and done with before I start messing about with the code.

ratcat
OK, slightly off topic, but human interest and all that....

These you final Finals or end of years exams?

razman
final Finals.

ratcat
I hate saying Good Luck, because I never feel luck is a factor as much as the hard work is. So, I'll just say, Do Well!!!!

queeq
You can always say: "Break a leg." Just a thought, not something I'd like to see happening to Raz. big grin

ratcat
He's doing a degree in computer sciences, not Macbeth!!!

queeq
What's the difference? laughing out loud

ratcat
That's why you do documentries and not features.... laughing out loud

queeq
Who says I don't do features?

Edna_witch
Ooh nice new feature! I suppose now I have to be little miss chirpy witch to all the newbies! I can handle that! And me? Mod? Wow! Thanks Raz! Wasn't expecting that one! You will have to exuse me if Im not here all that much though for a bit. Exams and all.

ratcat
Well, I was going by your profile on another board, as you one here is woefully incomplete, like a lot of people I might add...

Edna_witch
Me? My profile? How do you know anything about another board?

ratcat
Actually, I was talking to queeq... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edna_witch
Oh ok! I'll shut up and go back to my hole now!

ratcat
Is it a nice hole?

queeq
So Edna's on another board? Hmmm, wonder which one that is...

Of course, my profiles are incomplete. Don't want any weirdo's bothering me. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.