x-assault.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kohl
if anybody plays this game it would be interesting to share tips and findings.

for those who might be interested, the game is here: http://nixonvision.com/xassault.html

VallejoKid707
what is it about?

BOPRecruit 16
what system is that on?

kohl
the game starts with a recruitment screen. you pick 5 x-men to form a team and then you assign locations for them to fight at. some locations give advantages to certain characters (ie. wolverine in madripoor) and some encounters are fatal (ie. polaris vs. shadow king)
basically what you need to do is beat all the villains in the game.

and it runs on mac and pc.

VallejoKid707
oh and do u buy it from a store or do u have to download it?

kohl
it's free to download from the site.

VallejoKid707
oh well i wanna get it now!!!

kohl
you should, it's a lot of fun.

VengeanceGOD
I downloaded it, and I've been having tons of fun with it. But what I want to know is, how do you get the age of apocalypse or other secret teams?

kohl
good to know you are enjoying it. to get the aoa game, you need to have both prof x and bishop on your team. however the aoa game will only launch if you put the prof against legion.

as for secret teams, i am not sure what you mean.

VengeanceGOD
oh ok. I screwed up earlier, when I had both, and sent Bishop against Legion.

kohl
i know what you mean. it's tricky the first time since you can't swap whoever you send against him.

Paola
how much space do you need?

VallejoKid707
i so wanna get it! i just ask my dad and just get winzip.

VallejoKid707
yes! i got x-assault. this is fun!

Paola
what size is it Vallejo???

VallejoKid707
i dont know. 0.95b? i really suck at this game!

kohl
paola: it's 10mb. and vallejo, it takes practice til you realise the best places to send each mutant, and the villains they beat more easily.

VallejoKid707
yeah i sent psylocke to battle blob and i thought she would win cuz her points were so high and blob beat her!

kohl
i usually send archangel (who is immune to strength attacks) against blob.

VallejoKid707
oh i use the cerebro thing to pick random recruits,

kohl
me too, but once i assign everyone to a location i switch them around if they're not doing well.
after you win a game you can use the cerebro energy you get to recruit the mutants you want. (each time you win a game, let it restart, press spacebar and press 'u' in the recruitment screen.)

VallejoKid707
ok thanks

kohl
sure.

Paola
eek! thanks kohl
you need to be connected to the internet to play?

kohl
no. the game is made in flash, so you just open it and play.

Paola
okie..... thanks again big grin

VengeanceGOD
Oooh, that u thing is a neat trick. Thanks.

kohl
you're welcome.

you know, i've been waiting for more people to play it so we could all talk about it. heh.

VengeanceGOD
So I finally got the Age of Apocalypse, and it was awesome. Funnily enough, I killed all the powerful characters (Apocalypse, Abyss, Holocaust) no problem. It was the damn Evil Beast that gave me so much trouble. He even managed to kill Magneto, and Clarice's reaction was sooo sad. sad

kohl
absolutely. dark beast is way too powerful.
morph is really funny too.

VallejoKid707
ok i was at the first round where u pick the team and send the people away and the fight. and i beat all of them. then i have to start over. why?

kohl
after it shows your score, it tells you to press the spacebar to begin another game and use the cerebro energy for a new game. the more energy you collect the more hidden characters appear. but you need to press spacebar and not close the game, because cerebro energy can't be stored.

VallejoKid707
oh ok thanks i just need to beat cassandra and im done. who should i use dazzler, jean, or colssuss?

kohl
not colossus as she beats him automatically. she deals some extra damage to jean with telepathy, so try dazzler first.

VengeanceGOD
Oh, so how many times do you have to play in order to succeed?

BTW, has anyone else gotten Deadpool before?

VengeanceGOD
Cassandra wasn't a problem for me: Psylocke is REALLY good at beating her up.

ARGH. I hate Onslaught, I hope he dies. Him and that Sentinel...any good strategies for beating them?

Oh, and it was a lovely surprise to find out that Apocalypse beats Wolverine in one hit. And another lovely surprise to suddenly get Franklin Richards. And then another lovely surprise to find out that Onslaught automatically beats Franklin. Argh.

kohl
some mutants die automatically when you put them against a certain villain, ie. colossus vs. cassandra; psylocke vs. shadow king; mr. sinister vs. rachel.

against onslaught, i try to send mutants who are not that close to prof x.

and i love having deadpool in my team. he is terribly amusing.

VengeanceGOD
The problem is, the only mutant I had who wasn't close to him was Strong Guy. Who's useless.

kohl
hmm. i don't remember who's good against onslaught. maybe orphan?

VengeanceGOD
ugh. But I hate X-force/X-Statix!

Although that one fight where Zeitgheist defeated Toad without a shot was hilarious.

kohl
hehe. also, try anarchist vs. omega red. it's classic.

Paola
Vivisector killed Apocalypse eek! laughing
great game kohl.... thanx thumb up

VengeanceGOD
Apocalypse is so underpowered it's laughable. Shadowcat killed him in my game.

kohl
yeah, he's far too weak. anyone with good fighting stats is good against him. personally i like using archangel. :]

good to know you enjoy the game. i hope they release a new version soon.

VengeanceGOD
Me too. I want to play as Juggernaught!

Paola
Is Blink on this game?

kohl
she helps out in the aoa mini game. and she appears when an x-man is sent to braddock manor and encounters a strange forcefield.

Paola
how do I get there? confused

kohl
aoa? you need to have both bishop and prof x in your team, and send the prof to the location with 'temporal energy'

and about the forcefield, sometimes when braddock manor comes up as a location, it won't have a villain there but a forcefield. when the game is upgraded, the exiles game will be added (i think).

Paola
okie... thanx kohl.... I'll do it right now big grin

Paola
couldn't..... got Gambit, Jeannie, Sunspot, Phoenix & Chamber

kohl
i'm sure you'll get them soon. the auto recruit thing is random enough for that.

VengeanceGOD
Well...Apocalypse CAN beat someone! He beats Jamie Madrox automatically, much to my desmay.

Don't you hate those games where you accidentally paired everyone up with exactly the wrong person? So they either die automatically or just get killed in the fight?

Paola
yes

Apocalypse kills Cyclops too right?..... and my Chamber has defeated Toad with only one hit big grin

kohl
vengeancegod: apocalypse also autokills wolverine and cyclops. which is understandable.

paola: did that happen at the massachussets academy?

Paola
kohl: I don't remember confused but I guess so big grin

also the most terrible thing happened to me last night sad Jean Grey turned into Phoenix and she destroyed almost every1...... but while fighting Onslaught she turned into the Dark Phoenix http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/surprise.gif ....... and she killed ALL my remaining team (Rogue) sad

VengeanceGOD
haha. I keep taking the mostly useless Jean in hopes that she'll go Pheonix on me.

But then there's the better option of just taking Rachel instead.

Paola
I believe it only happens when you pick her as the leader Vengeance, but I'm not sure....

I've picked Rachel and she always gets killed sad

Also got Bishop & Prof X and nothing happened...... only Legion apppeared and killed my Archangel, my Havok and whe he was about to kill Bishop....... my damn computer froze.. hehe big grin mad

VengeanceGOD
haha. When you get Bishop and Prof X, one of the terrorist locations is listed as having a lot of temporal energy. You have to send Xavier there, and then Legion will auto-kill him and you'll go into the AOA.

And really? Rachel's one of my most successful characters!

Paola
and what happens in the AOA??

yeah really.... she was a great dissapointment sad but guys like Vivisector, Anarchist and Zeilgeist really impressed me.....

kohl
aoa: you get to fight with the astonishing x-men.

and x-statix is not as bad as most people think. i especially like the orphan's event with sinister.

VengeanceGOD
I dunno...I hate the comic so I resist using them.

Speaking of the X-statix boys, I thought Doop was supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants in existance! Why does he suck so much in the game? Does he have some secret skill I don't know of?

kohl
he autokills some villains... i think juggernaut and sabretooth. not sure what else he can do.

Paola
eek! I had Colossus & Wolverine and they did the fastball special!!!! Happy Dance

kohl
heh. that rocks.

Northstar's bf
I like this game!

kohl
good to know.

Northstar's bf
Kick ass

kohl
i still think some stats are not quite right. but it's still lots of fun.

Paola
I had Emma Frost, Gambit, Rogue, Banshee & Iceman and in the fight between Gambit Vs. Sabretooth, Sabretooth killed Gambit sad and guess what happened???????????!!!!!! CAPTAIN AMERICA appeared!!!! blink he took over the leadership of my team blink

VallejoKid707
yeah i was prof. x and he died and captian america appeard

Paola
I've also heard Spiderman appears....... how do you get him?

kohl
you need to have a redhead and her love interest on your team. and then send that redhead to a place where spidey might hang out (new york or harvard). he won't always show up though. i've tried it with scott and jean and edie and orphan. very amusing dialogues.

Paola
thanks kohl big grin I'll try with both couples.. big grin

kohl
you're welcome.

kohl
thought i'd point out how surprised by dazzler i was. i put her up against mastermind and she finished him off very easily. no hits at all.

any other findings?

VallejoKid707
Well I had Dazzler and I sent her to The Hellfire Acadmey. Vampire showed up and since vampires hate light the Dazz finished him.

kohl
excellent. i have yet to try her against dracula but will keep that in mind.

Paola
dracula?.... I didn't know he appeared blink
I MUST play everyday.... the WHOLE day.... big grin

kohl
he does. nightcrawler is good against him. storm, of course, is not.

Paola
I CAN'T BEAT DRACULA!!! .... crybaby

also Mystique kills Dazzler automatically 'cause Irene didn't like disco confused........laughing stupid Dazzler!! laughing

DezW
I wanna download it too! but 'page not found'... sad

Paola
I've checked no
is not working cry.... WHY???!!!! OH WHY?!!?!?! crybaby

kohl
the project is apparently halted so i guess they did not renew the domain. dez, find me online (info is in my profile) and i will send it to you.

eristole
kohl i <3 you!

kohl
woot.

eleveninches
Found this link

http://www.almostinteresting.com/xassault.php

kohl
good call.

DezW
thank you kohl and eleveninches!!!! happy

eleveninches
I like it when jean dies and becomes pheonix with improved stats and returns to 100% strength.

I though psylocke would be good against shadow king, but he defeated her straight away.

eristole
i've noticed that you can unlock certain chars. anyone manage to unlock blink yet?

kohl
unlock?

eleveninches
i've never yet managed to get magneto, wolverine or juggernaught.

If you let JEan gray dies, she returns at full health with improved stats as pheonix

Paola
I've got Wolvie and Bamf!!! Happy Dance

oh yeah and Franklin!!!!! Happy Dance

kohl
magneto and juggernaut show up as villains frequently.. you'll end up facing them soon.

eristole
if you save up your cerebro points, you can buy the ones that are blocked out.(eventually they dont get blocked out.) i had 10 saved up
and a character named.. "Force Blink" was able to be gotten.
unfortunately i had to go to fuggin my gf's house and when i got back someone had closed it down and i lost it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOOOOOOOOOD i hate that! i was so close to getting what i think is blink!

eleveninches
I've never saved points so far, so i've not unlocked anyone yet

kohl
eristole: actually the 'force blink' one is an event, which means she will show up at braddock manor. there is no way of playing with the exiles yet.

flavinho
ive just downloaded!!! will play now...

kohl
good for you! hope you enjoy it.

flavinho
thx to you big grin

kohl
you're welcome.

eristole
hmm darn, guess i'm gonna hafta save upa nd see what happens

kohl
you can get it as a random event too.

flavinho
great game, but Gambit sucks...i let Phoenix die to see her come back but she didn't!!! i got furious, because of her i lost all the other battles...and Dracula is really hard to defeat...
y'know i always take bad teams (coz i dunno the answers so i have to random the fighters)

eleveninches
Pheonix doesn't come back from the dead, but jean gray does to become pheonix (on the game, anyway)

flavinho
oh now i understand...i'll try to play with her (i must pray that the random mode choose her, coz i don know anything of the comics)

eristole
for those of you who are having troubles with this game or are just plain bored of not being able to pick who you want. i'm currently in the process of decompiling it and editing it so you start with 200 cerebro points. which will allow you to pick any chars you want. it's a friggin HUGE file list and my computers been working at it for about, oh say 5 hours now. i'll put it on my website and post it as soon as i get it done k guys?

eleveninches
thank's

what is your website?

eleveninches
will have 2 play this game aagain soon

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
just did my 1500th post

eristole
it's just a little file server i'm leeching off of atm that they dont know of wink so i dont use it alot to aware the fools to my presence by a huge bandwidth.. i'll link it when i'm done, having a few problems decompiling a few frames. but worse comes to worse i'll just have to extract em singly.. which would take forever but heck.. you guys are worth it =P

plus i love the game and hate having to spend 50 hours playing it just to get the chars i want hehe..

if you guys want me to put chars in it, after i get it all decompiled and restructured i could put them in or update the pictures you guys hate..
just leave suggestions on here and i'll see what i can do.

Paola
OMG!! eristole you can do that!?!?! eek!

you're great, you know?? I can't even work properly on "Word" embarrasment laughing.....

til eristole is done.... I know you guys have noticed when you pick certain characters like the movie ones or the new x-men ones your team is called "Movie" or "New X-Men" and so on..... my question is..... is there an AoA team?... if so.... which characters should I pick???

eristole
hmm i havent seen any AOA characters in here.. so there probably isnt a way yet.. i can add em later on.

but looking through this game is whacked out.. they took negative pictures of themselves(the creators) and they made characters out of them and hid them.. so... hmm.. there is Vincent from FF7 in there too.
a couple different things.. there are also the fuggin robot guys from that cartoon a long time ago.. (megatron and stuff) the changing robots..
there in here.. the hulks in here.. jeez.. this thing is taking forever and a day to decompile.. sheeeesh. you'd think a 3 gig would do this faster.

pao i'm already gonna put blink in it in my offtime.. if you find any cool pics or anything you want here lemme know and i'll see what i can do.

eristole
oh, and i'm not promising this yet, but it looks like i can edit it and put in random super powers for people.. say.. like if morph was in here.. i could randomly make him a whale and just have him crush people. or if blink were in here i could drop some random thing in that would have her teleport people into pits of lava or something for fun smile hehe.. there are so many things i can do.. i'll let you know what it's capable of as soon as i get it decompiled and get to look at all the source code and can change it and test a few things.

Paola
eristole>>>>>>>>>>>>> notworthy

kohl
eristole, the game takes you to aoa when two particular people (ie. the prof and bishop) are on the team.

eristole
yeah but you cant play the characters is what she's asking.
once you beat it i mean.

this code is amazingly big and amazlingly intense. it's gonna
take me awhile to break it all down. but from what i see there
are lots of little things.

like if you want to play it in a window hit the " - " key on your keyboard
and to take it back to fullscreen use the "=" key right next to it..

there are lots of little backdoors programmed in too. i'm tracking em
down now but good god. i fell asleep last night at the keyboard looking
through the code.

kohl
perhaps you should volunteer to help the developing team.

eristole
didnt they cancel it and give up?
if so all i could do would be get in trouble for browsing through their stuff.
not to mention the problems of copyright infringment if they didnt get permission from marvel and stuff.

kohl
it's on hold, not cancelled. and naturally, they got permission from marvel.

Paola
I got AoA Happy Dance

and Spidey!!!! happy

eleveninches
I have still to get both of themsadsadsad

Paola
it's easy!!! Happy Dance

kohl
heh. playing with spidey is fun.

Paola
I had to change him for Jeannie...... kohl...... what's the greatest score you have had????

kohl
about 117 i believe.

Paola
sad my highest is 101.something

eristole
according to the code if you get above 115 you get some kind of super bonus. above 150 and you unlock something, still tracking down what.

eristole
also, the game records what you do on certain events, and to unlock a few special things at the end you have to do the right things on these events. one of them is not dying to anyone in aoa, when morph appears as apocalypse you cant attack him and have to hear him out. there are a bunch of stupid things like this that you have to do but when you do you get something special wink

Paola
I'll try not attacking Morph...... he's so funny when you hit him laughing

kohl
paola, have you seen psylocke's little event with wolverine (when he's fighting sabretooth)?

RoguePw25
what is it?

kohl
she mindlinks them, and wolverine has a better chance of beating victor.

eleveninches
I like it when Psylocke goes up against shadow king, and gets killed straight away .hahaha

kohl
same deal with polaris.

Paola
Happy Dance YES!!!! my poor Psylocke is always afraid of that big useless ball of hair (Sabrefool).. stick out tongue

kohl
yeah. poor psylocke. ♥

Paola
Chamber auto-kills the Shadow King.... roll eyes (sarcastic) ...... and Storm raises her energy from 7 to 9 when he fights him yes

flavinho
A child named Franklin appeared in a battle, could any1 tell me who is that guy with f**kin big energy? (the name of the team turns to X 1/2 hehe) and how can i find Spidey???
i got Aoa! eek! and saw Blink...

eristole
to get spidey, you need to have a female red head, and her "lover" on teh team, like jean grey and cyclops for example. then send jean to one of the new york/manhattan area events, and sometimes spidey will show up.

flavinho
thanks! but you don know that Franklin? id like to know who is he...

eristole
i think franklin is the kid that was apart of the whole elias bogan start thing. that split the x-men into two teams. he killed off like all of the
hellfire club or something.

flavinho
thanks!

kohl
franklin is reed and sue richards' son. he can manipulate reality and modify it, even to the point of creating new dimensions. this was the case during the onslaught saga, when he was kidnapped to increase onslaught's powers. franklin created a dimension to save all the heroes that died. when he destroyed it, they were returned to life.

flavinho
even better info, kohl, thx once more.

kohl
you're welcome.

Paola
I'm sorry if I ruin the fun sad..... but this might be the only way you get to see Spidey evil face ........... j/k

kohl
spidey's stats are pretty good, eh?

flavinho
YOU BAD PAOLA! i'll get to see him even if i have to play 72 hours in front of my computer without sleeping... mad laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>