Quiting my job

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
Well, I've finally decided to quit my job, this happened last night when i had a dream about....yes...working. Nothing was exagerated, i just dreampt that i was working, normally. It was the worst dream i ever had and i felt terrible when i woke up. So i am just done, I'm not showing up to my shift tonight, and i wont in the future. I already feel better.

Ushgarak
Probably for the best, BF, you would have gone on your own personal chainsaw massacre if you had stayed much longer!

BackFire349
I know, i just realized that the loathfull feelings i have for my job were carrying over into my personal life, which is a bad bad bad thing.

yerssot
well, hope you can get some other work soon then BF smile
wish you all the best!

BackFire349
I'm not getting another job for a few months, im just going to take time off and relax and do things I've been meaning to do. (read the lord of the rings trilogy)

yerssot
of course! relaxing is the best you can do smile

Ushgarak
Yayy, live my life, BF...

BackFire349
For a few months, i will. stick out tongue But come Febuary i am going back to school and probably getting a very little part time job just for some cash. (i have about 1300 in the bank, that will most likely be gone by febuary). But im not worried about that right now, i just need to get my head on straight and relax for a few months.

yerssot
oh djee! forgot something!

skip my first post here and replace it with this one:

good choice BF!
*smacks his ass*
wink

BackFire349
OooOOoOoooOoooOOOooOO

yerssot
someone has to do that if you're the one who deserves it big grin

BackFire349
Oh yerss, you always know what to say big grin

yerssot
*checks scripts*
hey! it says I have to bat my eyelashes but I can't do that! sad

Storm
laughing out loud

DemonicGambit-2
Well have fun not working smile

yerssot
isn't that the definition of fun?

BackFire349
i think it is stick out tongue Unfortunately I'm going to be getting lots of calls today since im just not showing up to my job. Crappy thing to do, i know. but oh well, what are they going to do? fire me?

yerssot
that's the idea wink

BackFire349
Yeah, i honestly dont care whether i get fired or if i quit, same difference in the end.

yerssot
no, if you get fired don't you get some money to make it up to?

BackFire349
I'm not sure... Probably only in rare cases.

yerssot
well, that's what they said in the nanny big grin

BackFire349
well the nanny never lies. so maybe its true. I wouldnt hold my breath though.

yerssot
because then you would be suffocating?

BackFire349
well....i guess so... you just saved my life, thank you yerss...id hate to quit my job, find temporary paradise, then kill myself by accident. I owe you one sir smile

yerssot
*jamaican accent*
no problem man!

BackFire349
you jamacans are so neato.

yerssot
have some smoke man!
we no need war here man!

BackFire349
laughing out loud

mechmoggy
I wish I could quit work, damn these bills I have to pay.

If it was me I'd work the weeks notice, that way you may be able to do your part time working there next year. But anyways...good luck to you BF. big grin

yerssot
you don't HAVE to pay those bills mech ...

johnny_rotten
I quit my job back in July. I really regret it. I particularly miss :-

a) The Stress
b) The travelling
c) The morons who I worked with and for.
d) Office back stabbing politics.
e) The horrible gut wrenching feeling when I woke up in the morning.
f) The, almost, obsessive feeling "i wish it was friday"
g) The almost non existant levels of cummunication.

Yer I wish i was back in my job.

BACKFIRE..you have done the right thing..it's changed my health, both physcally & mentally.

julibug
well, i can totally relate. i "quit" my job at the studio back in june. somehow i'm still there, but only 3 hrs/day. i've "quit" again. my absolute last - final - never go back after that - day is december 12th!!!! then i'll officially be self-employed only. just a piano teacher!! it's already so much less stressful not being the office manager, and after dec. 12th, i won't have to put up with any of the junk up there!!

Tex
I think its a bad idea! I used to work at this place called PFS Web, posh office environent, I quit cause it wasn't stimulating! Now I'm broke and the job market is horrible! thumb down

Tex
Oh, and dont just quit tonight, turn in your 2 weeks notice! You can use Blockbuster as a good reference, but if you just dont show up, your manager will be pissed and not give you a good recommendation.

julibug
yeah - i agree with tex. i mean you don't have to give more than a 2 week notice - they might even be ok with 1 week. i have really been dragging my whole quitting thing out. phasing out, sort of. but any kind of a notice is better than none!

BackFire349
the thing is im not going to be getting another job, i'll be going back to school, and my parents will give me the money i need if im in school.

julibug
true. you should always be careful not to "burn too many bridges", ya know. i've quit jobs like that before, though, and i understand. in fact, i quit one job one time by calling & telling another clerk to tell the boss that i wasn't coming in - ever. and a few years later, i got a job at the same place again - same boss & everything. so, you never know.

BackFire349
yeah, but i probably will just give my 2 weeks notice, because my plan of not showing up last night backfired and they didnt even care or call my house to ask why.

julibug
omg - that's too funny!

Captain REX
Quitter... stick out tongue

BackFire349
always prosper.

Captain REX
Blockbuster Chainsaw Massacre? When does the sequel premier? big grin

BackFire349
when the franchise is in need of more money. Just like with any sequel.

mechmoggy
Did you not find it at all ironic that your plan backfired, Backfire? confused

BackFire349
Yes, i noticed the irony as i was writing it stick out tongue

Fire
btw BF why would you give two weeks notice

I'd still have them fire me, they'll start calling eventualy and well if they don't you might go over there and ask for your last pay check

mechmoggy
Its good you decided to work your notice, as an employer myself, I've gotta say its good to see a reference from previous employers.

BackFire349
Well, cuz i like alot of the people over there, and it would screw up some of them if i just didnt show up for my shifts anymore. Plus the two weeks notice will look better on my record.

Fire
True BF true

mechmoggy
Indeed.

So whatcha thinkin' of studying? I can tell you from personal experience that there are absolutely no chicks on the engineering courses. If its tail you want, you'd better choose wisely. wink

BackFire349
I'm going to study writing, and eventually script writing once i meet the proper requirements.

Also, the school I'm going to was voted the college that has the best looking girls by play boy magazine, every class is filled with hotties. I swear you get a chubby just from walking through the parkinglot.

Fire
BF don't rub it in :P

BackFire349
It's torturous, but in a good way big grin

Fire
quit doing it stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Just the insentive you need not to skip classes. wink

BackFire349
indeed mech...indeed.... also the insentive i need to shave, cut my hair, lose 50 pounds, stop staring at them while drooling noticeably, and shave my back.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Women like a bit of rough sometimes you know.

BackFire349
Not around here, every guy shaves his entire body around here. and then im walking around looking like saquatch....its a shame.

Fire
lol I hope you didn't get that entire body out of own experience BF

BackFire349
yeah, especially the 'staring at them' part. Girls always catch me just staring at them around here, cuz i dont even attempt to hide it. needless to say it freaks them out. Damn girls only like it when guys they think are attractive look at them, not big hairy mammoth creatures.

mechmoggy
Its discrimination I tells ya, you should complain to the authorities.

BackFire349
Meh, it's easier to just follow them home, sneak into their house late at night, sneak peaks under their blankets, take pictures of them, sell the pictures on ebay, and use the money i make to buy a hooker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.