Who will defeat Count Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vvvrulz
Inevitably someone will destroy count dooku in episode III, but who will it be?
Will it be Anakin before he turns to the dark side?
Or perhaps Obi-wan? Mace Windu?

My guess goes with Anakin.

Hypernova
Chewie? Catches him by surprise! stick out tongue

finti
I bet on Anakin

Hypernova
Why do you think that? Anakin?

BackFire349
I'd think anakin.

yerssot
the "famous" Darth Friday, claiming to be a spy who "works" for TFN (note that he only tells what people either knew or could guess) said that Anakin would kill Dooku

Ushgarak
Yup, hot bet is Anakin

Captain REX
Yeah, best bet is Anakin, methinks. It would be fitting for the next Sith Lord in line to strike down the current one.

vvvrulz
Perhaps it will be like Returd of the Jedi, Where Luke faces and defeats Darth Vadar. Except alternativly Anakin turns to the dark side. Remembering that the emperor was expecting Luke to turn when he defeated Vadar.

LanceWindu
Anakin...

mephistodesigns
It would definitely be cool to see some classic sith succession. All the stories (whether canon or not) of the sith tend to show this trend, it would be cool to see on film so its official (even though I've seen interviews where Lucas has discussed what he thinks sith are like and he's described how they're always secretly battling each other for supremecy, the master trying to keep power, the apprentice trying to take it).

Ushgarak
Yes indeed. However, as Anakin is likely to kill Dooku near the start of the film, he will still probably be doing it in his capacity as a Jedi.

mephistodesigns
true.

queeq
Just read on TFN in a spoiler that Anakin is the killer of Dooku

Just thought I'd mention that.

Cowboyography
i will do you one better
Anakin will decapitate Dooku in the first 15 minutes
believe me if you will, but its fact!

Rogue Jedi
it will probably be in the opening space battle or not long afterwards.

queeq
Fixed your spoiler there, Cowboy. But sounds very nice.

mephistodesigns
can i get a hell yeah?! That's awesome. I'd like to see him take Dooku's arm off first as a sort of "look how much more powerful I've become, I took the time to get revenge old man!" because, as we clearly see with him and obi-wan, Anakin has no respect for his elders! big grin

queeq
Indeed. Bad-ass time!

Stuart Larkins
it will be anakin

vvvrulz
Hmm, is Dooku being killed off in opening 15mins a good thing? To me i thought he'd be one of the last to fall, seeing he is the emporer's right-hand man. Lots of killing coming up, Padme, Dooku, Mace Windu among others have their death warrants signed, its all good! smile

yerssot
and a lot of people will die, see the OT for that wink

Bicnarok
I hope Anikin goes on a rampage and kills everyone

finti
well cant kill everyone

yerssot
the spectators, to start with

finti
the belgian ones then

yerssot
oh, I wouldn't mind getting killed by him!

StarWars_Fan
I think Ankin will kill Dooku.

Lames.s.
I think Anakin with a little help from Palpatine(without Anakin knowing). Like Palps useing the force to freeze Dooku for a second so Ani can land a fatal blow. That way Ani will think he did it all on his own and become more arrogant.

Darth Hater
Anakin

vvvrulz
Can he get any more arrogant? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/tongue.gif

hana_skywalker
I think it will be Anakin, of course. Remember: There is always two of them, a master and an apprentice. In my opinion, Palpatine tells Anakin that in order to become his apprentice he must kill Dooku, like he did in Episode VI with Luke when he told him to kill Vader. So it means that maybe he had already turned to the Dark Side when he murdered Dooku.

vvvrulz
Ah, but Luke refused to kill vadar, this is the mistake that Anakin will make, he will slay Dooku and hence be crossed over to the dark side.

mephistodesigns
its the symetry of the series. its how Luke helps to redeem him. I don't think Anakin has any time to be told to kill him if the rumors are true about the whereabouts of Palpatine at the very begininning of the film. You forget, Anakin has had a few years to work on his skills. He did quite well against Dooku the first time, Dooku was visibly tired after they fought. The script also contained info they couldn't exactly film where Anakin, while using the twin sabers, is holding Dooku in front of him, keeping him from stepping to either side. GL just couldn't find a way to actually film it. And we all know Anakin does not like being corrected or bested. You try to put him down and he'll come back with a vengence. This is evidenced by his buffing up during the wars and he no doubt has been training with his saber every chance he gets. Episode II was a transitional period for Anakin, the first steps to his turning to the Dark Side and reaching his full power. He's been pushed to his limits. Episode III will reveal an Anakin that is no where near what we've seen of him so far. He will not be whiney. He'll be hardened, colder. And certainly full of anger. You can see the change in the picture of him standing in Palpatine's office. Much more serious, perhaps not mature, but certainly grown up. I don't think after all of this build up in him that he will have very much trouble dispatching with the old man. Anakin is going to make Dooku pay for the loss of his arm with his life, and I doubt he'll even break a sweat.

Darth Hater
maybe yoda

dooku tells yoda "this is just the beginning"

just a thought

vvvrulz
Lol the way Yoda showed up Dooku in AOTC, who knows big grin

Ushgarak
He didn't do THAT well against DOoku, who ha djust beaten Obi-Wan as well and went on to ddraw against Yoda... I think a few breaths are legitimate for the guy! He humiliated the Jedi.

Captain REX
Yeah, he certainly did.

mephistodesigns
please, he dropped obi-wan and sounded like he wasn't even out of breath when he taunted Anakin for saving obi-wan. Anakin lasted nearly twice as long.

and "Just the beginning" meant the Clone Wars and the amount of damage the Sith are planning to do to the Jedi. That was hardly "I'll finish you later" or "until we meet again". It wasn't a personal remark to Yoda. I was just a general taunt meaning your victory here is pointless because we'll win. Which is funny since Dooku is just playing his part in letting the Jedi think the Clone Wars are anything other than a huge distraction to ensure Palpatine's rise to Emperor.

finti
How I see it, I think both Anakin and Obi were more fatigued by battle than Dooku was. Yoda on the other hand dindt do too much more than bouncing around. And I agree with mephistodesigns about that Dooku didnt talk about until next time with this is just the begining. It was more about that the process of Palpatine couping the galaxy just had begun

mephistodesigns
the only reason I support the whole "Anakin tuckered the old fart" theory is because its in the scene descriptions in the screenplay and it was in the novelization, which, for that scene, was pretty much word for word from the script. I know the authors are allowed to fill in were needed, but its seems Lucas made a point to show it.

threepwood
well the way i see it is that yoda has to get old and sickly pretty darn quickly for starwars 5, so i think something will have to happen to him in starwars 3 maybe a fight between sidious and yoda, so i dont think he will kill dooku so id bet on obi anakin, as obiwan beat maul, and mace windu would have to die, and other than anakin ive ran out of jedi? i cant see how lucas can fit all this into three hours, i hope it doesnt come in two parts like kill bill.

Rogue Jedi
i thought dooku was gonna die in a space battle at the beginning of the movie. in that case, i think it will be anakin.

mephistodesigns
yoda doesn't have to get sickly. here, for everyone who doesn't seem to get this point:
to kill either Vader or Sidious, Yoda (or Obi-wan) would have to march right into either A) the death star (one or two depending on when you think Yoda should have fought the Empire) B) Coruscant (who's main city is now called IMPERIAL CENTER, ie-loyalist central) or onto a Star Destroyer. How could either one of them, or even both together, walk right into any of those places and live? As we all clearly saw at Geonosis, the Jedi CAN be overwhelmed and taken by surprise when they're pushing they're powers to their limits. Yoda didn't fight in during old trilogy (or at all against the Empire) because their was no way he was gonna get close enough to do any good. And he was sickly then, hence his death in ROTJ and the line "sick have I become" but none of that really matters. If you've heard the newest spoilers, you'll clearly see the Jedi are kinda f-ed over, like we didn't know it was coming anyway. But without proper reinforcements, no Jedi will ever defeat an army, ESPECIALLY the Imperial military.

"We can only protect you, we can't fight a war for you"-Qui-gon Jinn

Remember how well Qui and Obi did in the Trade Fed Battle cruiser in epI? Now imagine thats a highly trained Imperial army rather than a bunch of mindless droids. Instant bloodbath. There was no possible way for the Jedi to stop Palpatine DURING his rise to power and even less of a chance once he was firmly in charge of the biggest army the galaxy had ever seen. So he doesn't have to go through anything traumatic to not go against the Empire. He knew there was no way to go against them, both at his age and because he didn't have any back up to speak of.

Darth Ninja
Anakin gets extremely angry, gives in to the Dark Side and slaughters Dooku. laughing out loud

Dirty Vader
and takes his place. The Sith Tradition.

rinaldoz
Anakin for sure

hana_skywalker
I vote for Anakin, too.

Darth Ninja
I hope Anakin chops off both of Dooku's arms, then decapitates him, and spits on his dead corpse after. laughing

hana_skywalker
laughing out loud It would be great, Darth Ninja laughing out loud

Lyn
I'm thinking Anakin too.

Darth Ninja
It would also be cool if Obi-wan killed Dooku. That would also add an irony. Obi-wan kills, Darth Maul, then kills Darth Tyrannus, and gets killed by Darth Vader.

Lyn
Indeed, very ironic.

§pearhead
if it is anakin who kills him, thats prolly how it'll happen

phinney6
I think it will be Annie who kills dooku and turn to darkside JUST like the emporer TRIED to do it to Luke in ep. 6 (you know haivng him fight his dad, maybe anakin fights dooku teh same way)

Lyn
Perhaps.

Jade_Eyes
Yeah I was not happy with how that last fight went. They went out like a couple of Beeeeatches.
Waaay to easy.

Dooku was once Yoda's Padawan right? Yoda should have handed him his ass.

yerssot
everybody is yoda's padawan, those younglings showed what Obi-Wan ment with "the jedi master who instructed me"

Jade_Eyes
What does padawan mean then? I though it relate to the direct tutoring between an aprentice and master. Like QGJ and Ob1, Ob1 and Anakin.

yerssot
as far as I know, padawan is short for padawan learner (as padme says in aotc), so, just about everyone who learns from someone else for a long time is a padawan messed

Lyn
So all those little younglings that Yoda instructs in Clones are Padawans??

Member.
yea, then they'll get their own jedi master to teach them and get ready for the trials. they'd be apprentices.

Lyn
Oh...ok. Thanks Member. happy thumb up

Member.
of course, i might not be right. ^^

Lyn
Reads alright to me. I think I just always assumed Padawans and Apprentices were the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.