Sirius Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seth7788
Did anybody notice that Sirius Black looks just a tad bit raggy looking than he seems in the book???

silver_tears
i dont like the way he looks in the movies i imagined him a lot better looking i mean didnt they say he was hot i dont think thatll jus go awaystick out tongue

frootlooplucy
they said he had the look of someone who had once been handsome, but he was all thin and wasted away from being in Azkaban for however long...
i havent seen what hes going to look like in PoA, do you know where there are pics?

silver_tears
there are some in the exclusive pics of hp3 forum but even if that is wat they say i think those pics are fake because it looks like hes wearing a fake chest stick out tongue and he doesnt look how harry describes him

phee630
i agree silver tears. That new sirius actor does not look like they describe him in thebook. He is sapose ot be handsome uder the circles and paleness in his overall face messed

silver_tears
i dunno i still think those pics are fake cuz if the movie is coming out next year then why would they already post pics other then the bus because it takes time to make happy

Dracor
Okay, let me tell it like it is for you...

When you read the book, we all had a different image of what he looked like. I don't think ANY of us, honestly, thought Harry would look the way he does in the movies, POSSIBLY Hermione, but most likely not Ron.

You must come to expect taht things won't live up EXACTLY to the way you imagined them.

Life moves on, it's just a movie.

And they aren't fake pictures. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/dots.gif

You're just saying that as an excuse to keep your own hopes up about a handsom Sirius. And I've noticed that the British seem to define 'handsom' in a much diferent way than we do...

Just look at Gilderoy Lockheart, for gods sake. laughing out loud

silver_tears
for your info i think they cast harry and ron very well i like the way they look and they look like the description in the book . . . also it doesnt matter if everyone thinks differently however sirius is supposed to be handsome so stick out tongue and i want my hopes up becuase im already disappointedno so i guess it now depends on his acting skills smile

phee630
i agree with u silver tears

Laviera_j
The pictures are not a fake - Gary Oldman is playing Sirius...i think I have gotten used to the idea of him as sirius...though i do have my doubts...I don't want them to ruin sirius...

Dracor
They said he was a man who was ONCE handsome.

They never really gave a description with too much detail on him.

Just that he was thin, pale and dirty with greasy hair.

And by the way, Harry was supposed to have messy hair, and Ron be tall, thin, slightly grungy and gangly.

So, er, your comment on them being cast 'Perfectly' wasn't QUITE accurate...

Happy Dance Can yeh feel it, can yeh feel it Captain Com-post?!?!? Happy Dance

Huzzah and boo-yah!

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Phoenix
i know in the HP3 piccies he looks a bit gross, but i've seen other piccies just as himself where he don't look TOO bad, maybe he'll be better in the fourth and fifth movies hwen he's not as shabby (but i have to agree, he's nowhere near as gorgeous as sirius is made out to be in the books)

phee630
good answer phoenix

Dracor
He ISN'T made out to be ATRACTIVE! Not unless you count when he was younger!

But after that, and the time he spent in Azkaban, he isn't really too attractive, with the shadows under his eyes, and his shabbiness doesn'yt drop until book 5, when he stops running from authorities, and lives in his mother and fathers house.

mad mad mad mad mad

phee630
i agree on the secon part of ur answer dracor. but i must say, no one expected to have him that ugly!

Laviera_j
I dunno...Sirius should've looked like a great many things...all of the characters should have. But then, nothing can be perfect...i really hope GO does well!

Wasn't his hair supposed to be elbow length too???

Phoenix
good point, laviera

Laviera_j
Thanks! Did the book ever mention Sirius having a beard? I must have missed that!

Phoenix
no, i dont remember a beard either, but i spose u dont get much time to snave when your on the run from the law!

le_sainte
I pictured Sirius to be more better looking, even though he was on the run, wearing shabby clothes and having wild hair. Gary Oldman looks too old to be Sirius, they should have cast a younger guy. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bored.gif

Phoenix
with ya there, sainte. but ya never know, he may be a brilliant actor, ive never seen him in anything myself

Laviera_j
maybe...but gary Oldman is ok, he really is. he plays villains really well. he was the scarred guy in HANNIBAL you know. He is good...but he isn't sirius too much - but he'll probably make sirius his own...

Phoenix
we can have two different siriusesesesses... movie sirius and book sirius...

Laviera_j
Yeah totally! id go for that!

sounds good.....

hee hee

Phoenix
Double Sirius goodness!

Laviera_j
OOOOH, sounds like too long to wait for! Damn it!

Stupid delays!

A whole bleeding year, and like three for the next book toooo?!?!?!?!?!

Phoenix
UK only have to wait for late autumn!

Laviera_j
Really??? IM IN UK!!! Do you have dates?????

Phoenix
nope, just the daily express said it was due for release in late autumn. on all the internet sights ive seen, it says US fixed at July 2004, UK is 'subject to change'

Laviera_j
I think it is the 4th...can't wait!

Phoenix
new developments - UK release is now set for early 2004... sad... well, at least it said EARLY...

The Omega

silver_tears
ive seen those and i dont disagree with his acting skills but the question is why does he look like that i think maybe those pics are jus rehearsal or jus fakes big grin but if they are not then maybe he will look like that???

bnbgranger
YES!!!!!!!!!! he looks way more ragady than he sounds like

eek! wink huh

sadge
im new here but i think sirius should be played by scott cohen if u dont know him u might know him if u have seen Jacobs ladder,the 10th kingdom (where he played wolf), and Gia he was also in a few more films big grin

vvvrulz
Sirius's death in Book 5 came as no surprise, but it was nevertheless disappointing. A major character, and a cool one at that, killed rather easily. I dont think it should have been him, and if so, perhaps a more dramatic death would have been more appropriate.

What do you think?

Tonks
I agree. I think that he didnt die. Not really. I think that he got knocked behind the Veil with out him wanting to. And that door that wont open...... We have mysterys beyond our imagination!

vvvrulz
Actually thats a pretty good point.
There's probably more to that to be disclosed in later books.
Interesting smile

frootlooplucy
mm hmm, i agree with Tonks, but im not sure if he will come back. but i thought sirius' 'death' (or whaever) was pretty dramatic... just different opinions i guess.

StrgzrCndyPixie
it was in a way i guess but i think ppl thought that he should have died or sumthing in a big gory hero type war (i kinda think he did) i dont no only a couple ppl think that cause every1 has a set idea of wat should and should not happen. imagine being jkrowling and having all that presure on you to create a story that ppl will continue to like i think id snap but then agian shes much more qualified (spellin really sux sorz) then me lol

frootlooplucy
yeah, i think she does very well under the circumstances

XxSamanthaxX
I don't think it'd be that much pressure. I mean, she started the books so long ago, and near the beginning only few knew about her books. And frankly, I think she's a good enough author that either way people are going to keep on reading these books until the series are over. And it's not like she just wrote the books for us or anything, she enjoys doing it, and she's writing it for the ppl who enjoy the books. And it doesn't matter for the ppl that don't.

And I'm sure that Sirius is dead, but I wish he hadn't been killed off. He just came into the books. It sucks...
Sirius, we hardly knew ye'.

jennyanderson
OK, so what are the ways do you think that Sirius Black could come back, and if he doesn't then what are the things do you think you'd like to do or say to J K Rowling?

sadge
i want sirius back!!!!!!!
why j k rowling why!!!!!!! no miffed mad sad

nazgulinthedark
Sirius HAS to come back!
It's the only way I'll ever be happy!!!!sad
-or if LSU wins the super bowl, then i'll be eternally happy smile -

CandyKoRn
I don't think he's dead, you didn't see him actually die, did you?

so yea... I think he'll come back.

The Unknown
Uh, he did die... All the characters explain that he did, and even JK Rowing stated it.

~fuoco~
maybe she said that to throw us off
he's still alive!
maybe he is and maybe he isssssss... shifty
he was my v favorite character, if JK don't bring him back, i'ma gonna protest

namarie
sirius black DIES!!!!!!! smokin' thats happend in the last book

bye

airangel429
I THINK HE DIDN'T DIE big grin.....just TRAPPED AGAIN! big grin

weegie
maybee harry will go bak in time (again) and save siruis' life just like last time! although i think it will probably ruin the story if she brings him back rock

Danistar
The book convinced me he will never be back....
Why had he to die?
If I hadn't known that he would die, I would have been so shocked....
Because he's death came out of a sudden and it was so meaningless. There was no point for him to die. I still can't believe this though I new Sirius would die.
And I'm also perplexed that Harry used the Cruciatus curse against Bellatrixe Lestrange.

morfirithwen209
*sigh* im sad sirius is gone cuz he was my favorite sad
im hoping that the veil thing was just a trick, like a trap, and that sirius needs help... perhaps he will come back confused

Harry143
love love love

hotsauce6548
i think dat sirius is dead but sumthin will happen and harry will either get him bak or be able to talk to him somehow like talk to whispers in the veil or get a picture of him or sumthin. oh yea, and another thing, how cum harry cant jus talk to da picture he has of sirius at the potters wedding? and for dat matter, how cum he cant talk to his parents?

chic_sxydiva
he'll return from the dead i'll tell yeah. ain't there a black magic for that?
*looking frantically to the pages of the dark magic books*

chic_sxydiva
i think i'll borrow that book from "the mummy".

ghosts

Danistar
That's a very good question smile
Sirius is not that kind of person to be a ghost. Because being a ghost means to be neither there nor here. If you are a ghost you can't live normally as a human. You are just behind of everything that normal people do, whereas Sirius was desperate to act, to do something worthy, to help for the Order and if he became a ghost he couldn't do that. So, he won't come back as a ghost. It's better to be dead for him than to be a ghost which can't do anything worthy. I think he would go mad, if he were a ghost.....

Phoenix
I agree with Danistar. The reason Sirius took such large risks through book five was because he could not bear to be inactive. There is no way he'll accept the shadow of life that is all that ghosts have. Besides, I think he's inquisitive enough to want to know whats going to happen!

StrgzrCndyPixie
lol sirus as a ghost you got 2 b shittin me

Siriusrox!!!
sad My friends and i are so totally upset over the casting of Gary "Old Man", as Sirius!!!! We imagined him to be totally GORGEOUS!!!! we know dat utha pplz imagined him different and thats y they chose Gary Oldman to play him, but still!!! we just think its totally unfair dude!!!!

Phoenix
I'm combining all the threads on Sirius Black - hav a read and add your own thoughts!

Phoenix
Any more chat guys?

bad seed
Happy Dance <--oooh love this one ! hey this is my first message here !!! my first, my own, my precious !!!!
eeer yeah ! the topic was Sirius ! Actually, don't you girls think Sirius is SO attractive ???? I mean, a bit ( a BIG bit, okay ) distant, lone, WILD !! yeah WILD what does it stands for a 15 year olds teen like me ? everything !! eek! indeed I'm mad about Sirius !!! acts so much as my beloved uncle ( and the only one I like in my family is my uncle) ( not that I want to go out with my uncle since he's 30 lol !)but still, it remains that I'm pretty sure that Sirius, with his wild-attitude might make him ...very handsome ! and I can't wait seeing the actor ...just hope the actor is as well as He(Sirius) is ... ( I mean to say : in his HEAD)!
cool
well now a last dancing banana Happy Dance ( ooh really LOVE this one )
bye (Iknow my answer was pretty long for a forum but it's my first one !! )
OH and I just hope I didn't make too many mistakes ( coz-mee-is- french-ya-now-so-sorree-if-I-wasn-corrrect)

Phoenix
There is now an official thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.