Wes Cravens New Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

njherbz741
can somebody plz explain this movie....i been tryin to rent it but i cant find it n e where and i dont feel like buying it either.

Lord_Andres
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111686/plotsummary

my opinion- It's an ok Nightmare on Elm Street

Evil Dead
Sum it up real short like............

Freddy Krueger is a demon........Freddy isn't his real name. He is an ancient evil spirit. When the A Nightmare on Elm St. movie was made, this evil spirit became so fascinated with the story and the Freddy Krueger character he was trapped inside of it. As more and more A Nightmare on Elm St. movies were made, the story became watered down to appeal to the masses........they were no longer evil so it lost his interest.

Now he's trying to get into the real world because he has become accostumed to our time and space......and his physical form he has had in the A Nightmare on Elm St. stories. He must be trapped back inside of the A Nightmare on Elm St. story..........

njherbz741
oooo, thnx

BackFire349
it's pretty decent.

pablo007
I still don't know why it was box office failure, I mean it was a good movie.

grymlock
it's still haunted me.... i wonder why blink
cheers mate!!

Evil Dead
Probably because most people were turned off by the previous 3 sequels.............only hardcore fans cared enough about a Freddy Krueger movie to go see it. The rest of the general public said, "eh.....the last 3 sucked...I think I'll skip this one"

ragesRemorse
for what was to be the last freddy movie. A new nightmare was long and boring. I also thought alot was borrowed from the first nightmare in the making of this movie. It was a nice idea though. i just dont think it was mixed with an entertaining development or delivery.

freddyfan20
Out of all the Nightmare movies this is by far the worst one I think.

freddyfan20
beer sad big grin

Wolfie
I didn't care much for this one.

slasherpunk18
I was actually dissapointed with this movie.It had a great premise,but the script was weak.

MildPossession
I really REALLY liked New Nightmare, thought it was fantastic addition to the series. Some parts were cheesy, but did like it, my third favourite out of the whole series.

The hospital scenes with the babysitter are great.

Wolfie
Cheesy?? In a Freddy movie?? Impossible!! stick out tongue

MildPossession
I meant cheesy in content when it was suppose to be more serious than the others in the series. It was a lot darker than the others i thought.

Zilverz
hehe always fun to see peoples tastes so different. I absolutely hated this movie.

Freddy Makeup looked cheesy. totally fake looking unlike the original fred

MildPossession
I thought it looked a lot more fake in the Vs movie. And yes tastes are different....

SlipknoT
Part 5 is much worse.

slayer
Agreed.

MildPossession
If Part 5 is the one with the baby and that horrible pram, then yes, it's much worse. Keep getting confused between Part 4 and 5.

pweazy23
this was the weakest nightmare on elm street, after watching pet semetary the little boy acts the same in every other movie, maybe with a different kid acting the son it would have been better, other than that oh yeah it was lame.

JasonVoorhees#1
if ya ask me it was similar with a nightmare on elm st. 2 it had nothing to do with the previous Nightmare on Elm Streets. it wasn't as creative as the others though. all freddy did was kill with his claws he didn't use magic like turn people into puppets or pull them into bed and make blood spray out or turn a girl into cockroach.

ragesRemorse
The whole magic thing, is what made the A nightmare on elmstreet movies blow rotten ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.