To the “Usual suspects”: Theatrical trailer 1:59

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega
What IS that? Are the fetus harvesters shooting or being attacked?
Are those even the fetus harvesters? (They seem to have some tubes with eggs in them)???

JediHDM, SimplePriest, Sifer, VenomVa, Rys, Burlyman, the rest?

SimplePriest
Hmmmm... good question.

A lot of us have been thinking it's the front of one of those destroyer hovercraft (lie at 0:37 to 0:38 of the same trailer). Of course, it's hard to say that with any certainty because it's such a close up of the machine and you can't really tell what the rest of it looks like. However, we Had been assuming it was a destroyer vessel.

But now I'm going to take some closer looks.... that "fetus tubing" that you pointed out is interesting. Looks like it's time to whip out the high res again cool

Sifer
What they are? I haven't got a clue. What they are doing though is shooting the Sentinel Bombs. Wonder if they are like an automated Sentinel Bomb Factory/Launcher.

As to the tubes, they don't seem like the egss, but I could be wrong. Is it possible the machines have created an even more symbiotic relationship by actually using Flesh as part of their design? They need us and we need them - in more ways than thought possible big grin

The Omega
Sifer> Scary thought, but NOT bad. Maybe they take "energy batteries" WITH them?

Simple> Yes, please. Take a look and let me know what you think or make of it. I did first think they were those big floating war-machines (whose purpose btw. STILL eludes me), but then I stopped the trailer to have a look, and lo and behold. There were organic looking tubes.

Sifer
On the topic of trailer. Go take a look at 2:05 and point your attention to the top centre of the screen. Look at the colour of the lights and where they are big grin

SimplePriest
yeah.... I never looked at the tubes before. I was always focused on the laser blast. hmmmm

And I agree with sifer's idea that those machines may be bringing some "batteries" along to supply them with energy. Kinda neat... oh wait that's not neat. We're the batteries!

Hey put those down!!

SimplePriest
Ohh dude... wow. Do you really think that means something?

and even if it doesn't... wow

man this rabbit hole is deep, and full of many things that look like other holes....

Sifer
But could they be something else, not just batteries. But Flesh intergrated with machine? What purpose it would serve I do not know...

The Omega

SimplePriest
no no no... it's 2:05 but just a few frames after the explosion. Trin and Neo in the ship. Looking out at the explosion. Now look up and center. At least I think those are what he's talking about.

Sifer
Hrmmm, no it should be a shot inside the cockpit, behind Neo & Trin.

Priest is correct.

The Omega
Ah, yes. Have cockpit shot...
Am looking up and center (a red and blue button? No smile).

What am I looking for? That "shape" behind the explosion outside?

Sifer
The Red & Blue Lights - look at what colour is over which persons head.

The Omega
Ayeeh, Sifer. Weren't we there already? smile

The Omega
I found this on a French site: Maybe it's connected with 1:59 shot?

burlyman
it seems to be on that wall/cliff thing with the flashing lights (those sparks) wink
it could be launching a sentinel bomb or some kind of defence

rysdigital
what exactly it is, i don't know. but i would think it's logical for the machines to equip their harvesters with some defense capabilities. however, this seems like a big cannon charging and then firing.

JediHDM
sifer> i already brought up those lights before, but its good that people are still thinking about those, and what they mean. You already know what i say about them, so i wont say it again...

The Omega

SimplePriest
omega> what do you mean "I know it is kinda SIMPLE"

I hope you're not implying something. That's twice in one week now. Man I gotta pick a new name... JJ big grin

The Omega
Simple> laughing out loud
No, by simple I did really mean "subtly intelligent in it's perceived simplicity, yet showing great skill at finding patterns and putting the pieces together in a large elaborate picture."
- gasps for breath -
Better? wink

JediHDM
Omega> i looked again, and i think it IS the harvesters, but i still think they are armed with squiddy bombs.

Simple> it is not trying to be rude, but sometimes you just gotta say simple... and dont change your name, it ROCKS!!!

(*BTW: im not done either, although i posted like thirty minutes before, and all of a sudden i realized that we are still in a forum, with mods and everything...somehow i had forgotten that...anyway, where are the rules posted ie no rp in the non-rp forums? i looked for twenty minutes and couldnt find that ANYWHERE...oh well...the erleuchtet still flies...*)

The Omega
JediHDM> But then it would make sense, wouldn't it? Along with the shot of the hovercraft above the scorched cloudcover?

JediHDM
yes, i would have to say, it does make sense, and is even logical, that Neo and Trin fly/fall through the cloud cover for protection, however, if Neo can just destroy the bombs with his mind, then whats the point?

The Omega
Perhaps to avoid blasting the bombs next to the where the fetuses grow?

JediHDM
possibly, to save those humans, also...good idea

burlyman
i would just like to take the time to say I WAS SO RIGHT big grin
they are launching the tow bombs
never doubt me again angel

Osiris
it seems that they are going to be attacked

JediHDM
hey, i said it too, burly, dont be acting like you're the only one...

burlyman
aah but you said they were harvesters

JediHDM
i was refering TO THE HARVESTERS...

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) wateva jedi, watever cool big grin

JediHDM
wink

tshirt
Based upon the brief countingdown vignette, it would appear these ships are some kind of defendersn of the city 001.

SPOILER They come off the ground, shoot the sentinal bombs (hundreds?) at Neo and Trinity, and then Neo blows up the Sentinal bombs. Whether he blows up the ships can't be deteremined.

JediHDM
or perhaps they fly over them...

forumcrew
up into the blue sky over them.. then the ship stalls and crashes..?

MC Mike
Hmmm... sounds too much like that spoiler on "ain't it cool news"...

I mean, the towbomb thing and all that is right, and forumcrew, that probably is what happened, but that's just like the spoiler... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.