Duelling Club

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Who wants to join the Duelling Club? If I get enough interest, I'll start it up.

frootlooplucy
ill join!
what do i do?

Phoenix
well, first we need to decide on basic ground rules. eg, we all start on a certain level, or we all start on diff levels. eg. us original players start on high level ((able to do more spells)) new members get lower levels. what spells can we do? You have to decide speed, skill, strength, etc, if you are strong in one you must be weak in others.... as you are the first to reply, you can help me make it up if you like! we could be seventh years ((top level)) and the others will be a lower year

starlitegrl
cool..i wanna join.......can I? can I???? bunny angel

Phoenix
yupsie!

XxSamanthaxX
That sounds interesting enough. But when you get your level where do you go from there? How do you duel? I'm confused.... yet intregued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***Never put a sock in a toaster***

At 2 moments did I feel the urge to be the "class clown" One was when the work was too easy, and you were bored. The second was when the work was too hard... and you were bored - why not deprive someone elce of their education?

In church, they try and convince you that there's an invisible man watching you at every moment and he doesn't want you to do 10 certain, special things. And if you do one of these 10 things, he has a special place for you. A place of fire, and smoke, and burn, and ash, and pain, and torture, and agony, and torment, and evil, and suffering........ but he LOVES you!

frootlooplucy
ok sounds cool.

Smart Hermione
ok i'll join... sounds cool

leah11
I'm interested 2.

Dracos_vanilla
I wanna join too.

Phoenix
kewl!!! Ok, everyone make suggestions and rules. You work your way up thru levels I think. 1st years, 2nd years, 3rd years, 4th years, 5th years, 6th years, and 7th years.

Phoenix
5s become prefects before becoming 6, and the two top people are Head Boy and Head Girl. Moi is head girl, frootlooplucy, you can decide whether u wanna be known as a head boy or head girl. ((this is only done on those who replied first,))

Phoenix
starlite girl, you can be a 6th year prefect, as can Samantha.

Smart Hermione and leah can be 6th years and dracovanilla is a 5th year prefect. the next person to join will be a fifth year prefect,

next person after that will be a fifth year. next a fourth. next 3rd, next 2nd, all after 1st

Phoenix
I f you dont like, make suggestions, but me and frootlooplucy are head girls unless, she doesnt want to be.

Phoenix
you start off with minimum moves. 1st years can only use those spells mentioned in first book. 2nd years can use spells mentioned in 1st and 2nd book, and continuing.

Phoenix
So far....

Head Girls : Phoenix and frootlooplucy
6th year prefects: starlite girl and Samantha
6th years: smart hermione and leah
5th year prefects: dracos vanilla and ?

all can contribute ideas, but only me and frootlooplucy can make rules

Phoenix
I will dig out my hp books and find out what spells are mentioned in each book. shall we make this the discussion thread? we won't start the game until we have decided on rules ((and have a few more members))

Phoenix
*hugs everyone* thanks for all the interest!!

Phoenix
any ideas?

starlitegrl
YAY!!!!!!!i'm prefect!!!!!!
I have an idea....how about we have like meeting lets say at like 7pm.......and we duel.......how does that sound!!!!!!! big grin bunny

XxSamanthaxX
WOHOO! High five Starlitegrl!! *twiddles fingers* Excellent! *stops in mid-celebration*
Hmmm...About the 'meeting at 7pm' thing, we have different timezones. How does that work? I mean, for parts of the US and Canada, when it's 7pm it's 12pm for the UK. And so forth. The meeting at certain times thing wouldn't work I don't think. We'll just have to go on like so, leaving messages whenever your on.

(p.s. How does that head girl---headgirl thing work? Shouldn't there be just 1 headgirl and 1 head BOY? And maybe just make one of you a 7th year instead?)

(p.p.s. what are 'prefect responcibilities'? Cuz I may be breaking more rules then enforcing them big grin.... but I still want the position!!!! *Muahaha power***)

starlitegrl
High FIVE (back)...lol............omg......i sooo forgot about the time zones......aghHH.....well....i guess the only way is to have a separate thread so we could post messages instead of a live duel.

Phoenix
yeh, we could have a thread that says ((for eg)) "Phoenix and starlitegirl duel" we duel, then post who won and what points or whatever they got in a Legue table thred, then delete our duel, r post it in a "past duels"thread

Phoenix
only reason that two head girls is cos me and juli are in charge... and we're both girls!

starlitegrl
that sounds good!!!!when do we start?????

XxSamanthaxX
Oh sorry, another question... you said you'll get the spells from the books right? But what about the 6th and 7th years? How'll that work out? We don't know what Harry and them will know by then.

big grin but I can't wait to duel! big grin Starlitegrl, you can be my friendly rival, what do ya say? lol

At 2 moments did I feel the urge to be the "class clown" One was when the work was too easy, and you were bored. The second was when the work was too hard... and you were bored - why not deprive someone elce of their education?

In church, they try and convince you that there's an invisible man watching you at every moment and he doesn't want you to do 10 certain, special things. And if you do one of these 10 things, he has a special place for you. A place of fire, and smoke, and burn, and ash, and pain, and torture, and agony, and torment, and evil, and suffering........ but he LOVES you!

starlitegrl
thats a good question......omg...i just thot about it....since the books didn't come out yet how about we come up with our own spells????

Sure XxSamanthaxX...........now on u r my friendly rival....
angel bunny Ur in the 6th year....right?????
(PS.The lil bunny is soooooooooo cute) bunny

XxSamanthaxX
haha yea, I'm the other 6th year prefect! Yay! big grin big grin big grin

Oops... thought up another question (lol sorry, I think this is the last one for now. big grin) Ok, since we're in the 6th year does that mean by next September (assuming this thread is still going and we all still contribute to it) do we like graduate, you know, become 7th years? What happens to the 7th years after that? Do they become teachers? Or do they leave, and someone elce is in charge?
lol ok that's all for now.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses
and
you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey
lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. Initsereg!!

starlitegrl
Thats a good question....i know......how bout we have the skool year last only one month instead of an actual year and also after the 7th years graduate (JKR never mentioned a graduation in any of her books) they can decide if they wanna become teachers or Aurors or they can quit..........omg..i just realized i'm full of ideas...................someone ask me another question........lol big grin bunny

Phoenix
this is great!! keep the ideas coming people!!

and for sixth and seven year spells, I figured we'd use the ones that the sixth and seventh years use in the books. They're never actually named, so I will make up spells using latin, for example, the spell where fleur shoots water out of her wand

XxSamanthaxX
Good enough. So, how exactly to we actually duel? I know, using the spells, but how do you know who wins and stuff?
And what's the signifigence of being prefect of Head girl? What do you do?
Lol yea, it'll take a while b4 I run outa questions. big grin

and

Smart Hermione
Soory i haven't posted in a while ive been called into work every day. Anyway cool im a 6th year!! and yeah i agree with the time zones umm and i dunno what else to say...and if a hermy_and_Ginny person post thats me as well..just letting you know..we have two pc's and yeah...well i'll try to keep up with what happens

frootlooplucy
hi, sorry i didnt come on for a few days, but im still in!
yay im head girl big grin big grin
ive just gotta read the msgs again to get an idea of whats going on...
ok all that sounds good.
i think with the meeting times maybe we can have a duelling thread, and whoevers duelling who can just post messages at whatever time... like if i was fighting smart_hermione then she could post a message hitting me with a spell or whatever, then when i next came on i could reply to it... we could have a few duels going on at once then. it might be confusing though... but if a message went too long without being answered we could close that duel... im not sure if that will work but its worth a try i guess?

Hermy_and_Ginny
What made you wanna duel me? Is it because I'm an Australian aswell?

Dracos_vanilla
Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, but I had some problems with my computer. I'm soo happy that I'm a prefect...smile oh and thys duelling idea you've come up 2 is pretty good. I can't wait to the 1st duelwink

Phoenix
I thought that me and frootlooplucy could decide when its over, with one prefect at a time ((as a panel of judges))

when me or frootlooplucy ((can I call u lucy? it's be quicker)) are in a duel, then two prefects judge, and if we are fighting each other than three prefects judge.

Dracos_vanilla
Good idea

starlitegrl
How bout we start Oct. 11 ( i know its not up to me to decide but I really wanna duel somebody..lol) big grin ).......and the head grls can decide whos gonna go first..........I was thinkin....how bout we have each duel go as long as 24hr. after it starts........ yes bunny

frootlooplucy
yeah sure phoenix you can call me lucy.
its oct 11 today... maybe we shouldnt start just yet... but soon, definitely.
umm phoenix were you gonna look up spells from the books that 6 & 7 years do? coz im rereading book 4, and theres a lot of spells that arent named, so i can get them all and post them here if you want.

Hermy_and_Ginny
hey its me Smart Hermione...just under dif. name. Anyway why don't we start in like a weeks time that way it gives us all time to prepare and get the spells ready. This is like only a suggestion but what do you's all think about that?

starlitegrl
Silly me, I didnt think about the spells ( roll eyes (sarcastic) )........i agree, we shud wait like a week or soo reading ......i have a question.......can u use the Avada Kavadra.....i know its too early to ask for that but im curious.

Aimz Radcliffe
i will join!! kewl! "expelliarmus!" cool Happy Dance

frootlooplucy
hi Aimz Radcliffe!! im not sure if youre a 6th or 5th year... one of them, i think.

leah11
how will the duels be judged tho? by the way i have been reading these treads but just haven't said anything and i still want 2 b involved. big grin

Dracos_vanilla
I think as inn the order aimz radcliffe should be 5th year 2nd prefect as i'm the 1st one. I'm i right?

frootlooplucy
yeah, thats right, Aimz Radcliffe is the other 5th year prefect.

Smart Hermione
cool. well this is going to become poplular just give it time

StrgzrCndyPixie
ok im offically confused

Smart Hermione
how are you confused?

Phoenix
I'll set up a Spells thread, cos I have too much A level work to do to look up all the spells!

Dracos_vanilla
ok

XxSamanthaxX
wow, I've missed so much cuz I was gone since thursday messed So who's going to be in the first duel? I should be interesting. Can't wait!!!

and

starlitegrl
no one is duel......we have to work on the spell first......

starlitegrl
altho i cant wait to duel someone!!!!!

XxSamanthaxX
I know we need to work on the spells first, but who'll be the first 2 to duel? big grin I'm just curious.

and

Phoenix
well, who wants the first duel?

starlitegrl
ME!!!!!!! i wanna!!!!!!!!

starlitegrl
what r the rules????????

Phoenix
haven't QUITE decided yet... but you are booked the first place!

XxSamanthaxX
Well, considering we're rivals, I suppose it's only fitting that I'm her first opponent, right? wink

*offers hand to starlitegrl*
It's up to be a great match smile

and

Phoenix
ok... what level are bth of you at? which year?

XxSamanthaxX
We're both 6th year prefects. Should be a pretty close duel eh?

big grin hehe good fun!

and

Phoenix
Ok, I'll set up the thread, you two can decide ((and then post)) the only spells you will use. as you are 6th year prefects, you can have six spells each, which you can use three times each, and one extremely powerful spell that you only use once ((but nt an Unforgivable Curse)) does that sound ok?

XxSamanthaxX
Sounds great!!!! I can't wait to start.
But don't you think we should finish the list of spells first, cuz it's gonna take me a bit to figure out my stragity. I suppose I'll be doing lots of reading tonight... I should get started :P hehe.

Phoenix
yeh, we won't start the duel until you've both decided on spells, a time to start, and one of the prefects to judge with me and lucy...

XxSamanthaxX
Alright, that's good. Anyways, I'm off for tonight to decide on spells... and finish homework! Tah tah! wink

starlitegrl
ok...so...we are suppose to find 6 spells that we r gonna use.....after i found the spells do i list them on the thread "first duel"
then what.........we decide on the time right??????

Cool i get to duel my rival, (can i call u Sam? its easier) .....

I gotta go and find some spells.....lol.....

its_magic
this sounds like abit of alright, i like to join in so all i do i pick six spells one powerful one and bobs ur uncle tell me how to play ie rules in short
ps i love a good challenge cool cool cool

its_magic
u can send the rules to my pm box please

Phoenix
What would the next space be guys? a 5th year?

jpdt1989
Hi
Can i join

Phoenix
yep - you're a fourth year ((I think))

Phoenix
Head Girls : Phoenix and frootlooplucy
6th year prefects: starlite girl and Samantha
6th years: smart hermione and leah
5th year prefects: dracos vanilla and aimz radcliffe
5th years: its magic and jpdt1989

Dracos_vanilla
I wanna b nextbig grin

Phoenix
ok - you are booked a place on the second duel!

XxSamanthaxX
Yep, I don't mind at all if you call me Sam, starlitegrl. I like Sam better actually, I just put samantha so ppl wouldn't ask "are you a gril or a boy??" all the time wink
big grin I can't wait for the first duel, I'm almost done preparing my spells.

leah11
it sounds gud but how do u no whos spells r best?

Dracos_vanilla
YUPEEEE! I'm next big grin lol

frootlooplucy
Hi! sorry i wasnt on for so long, so much homework its not funny, stupid school mad but um Phoenix is there anything you want me to help with? coz you just have to ask if there is, i feel like i should be helping more, since im second head girl and everything.

Hermy_and_Ginny
Hey. Um so sorry that i (it's smart hermione, but im under another name in case you forgot smile ) haven't been on school work! That is always in the way! sad But i'm here luckily. Anyway um when can i duel.....hopefully i will find the time to lol. smile I'm tired, so sorry for the droaning on. And yeah how do you know what is the best spell? Just wondering , well i better toddle of to bed. Love ya's but gotta leave yas! Love always, Smart Hermione!

Phoenix
can you come and help me think up some rules?

Phoenix
Duelling Club Rules...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t15044.html

frootlooplucy
yep, sure. ill go into the thread and see what youve got already and see if i can think of anymore.

Phoenix
bumping...

Al-Malik
hey i don't know if anybody suggested this yet but i had an idea, what if you organize a ministry of magic! i hope no one suggested this yet or else i will feel stupid embarrasment by the way my e-mail is [email protected]

Unicor777
I ant to join the club
!

GrumpyGrim
Meh... If you like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.