I'm sorry but I HATE THIS PLACE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
I'm not sure if it's teething trouble or not, but I'm finindg it a ***** to get anything done here. It keeps rejecting my posts, it takes an age to load anything, I can't find a button to mark forums read, that 'processing' screen when you post REALLY annoys me for some reason...

Suddenly, posting here has become a real hassle. And I'm not sure if I can stick with it.

Ushgarak
Quite frankly, the moment I get a publishing deal I'm going to offer to front the money EZboard wants.

Can't we change it so the front end looks like the old place, at least? My poor brain can't handle change...

razman
Are other people, peeved as much as Ush???

I'll try to answer your questions:
It only rejects posts if you post within 60 secs, its was the same on the old boards....its called a flood check.

You can't manually mark forums as read, as it does this automatically does this....you need cookies enabled.

I don't know why the forums would be slow, as the servers are Dual 1GHz, with 2GB RAM, also the forum uses caches, which is meant to speed up stuff. Are you on a 56k?

On the diffrent color schemes, I was about to do this today, but got sidetracked on some other stuff. I'll be doing it VERY soon.

If you keep having problems, send me an email.

ratcat
I have found it a little slower at times, but it appears to be net congestion rather than the board cos when I'm on the fast link at work this thing rocks!

I have had a lot of problems with speed issues on BTInternet over the last week or so, I believe Ush is on BTI too.

Dim
Other than my inital mac problems I'm fine.. *worried*

Ushgarak
Well, I'll stick with it. But I may have to scale back massively if it stays like this... maybe just stick to the Role Play... much as I would hate to.

Gundark
Just give it a little time, Ush...we don't want to loose you everywhere else. sad

DarkFollowerOfTheSith
It is very slow I think aswell. It's supposed to be snappy.

Maui
I think UBB is much better than ezboard.

ratcat
I've actually found it very fast, over 56K dialup, and even better over broadband links

DrK
Could somebody please reinstate me as a Jadi council member and allow me to enter the council. Thank you.

ratcat
Well, it's about time you showed up... laughing out loud

I'm sure Raz will do the biz as soon as get's online. He should stick you mods back on too.

razman
Done it.

Ushgarak
You know, it's amazing how much better I feel now that the old colour is back...

ratcat
See, I told you it would grow on you....

Ushgarak
It's all much better now. Sorry to cause trouble. Edna and myself did a posting frenzy last night that would have been impossible at the original speed.

Just filled the 'last poster' coloumn again...

ratcat
Yes, I noticed that you were rapidly exceeding me as the most posted person.

razman
Hes got about 27.030913012221423436376707404745% more than thou.

Edna_witch
Well sorry to be the odd one out but I actually prefer this place!

Ushgarak
That doesn't make you the odd one out; I was the ONLY person who didn't like it here and now I do.

I still miss the old place, though. I still visit it, on and off, so quiet and empty and beset by pup-ups...

Edna_witch
Ush you really are one very strange person!

Ushgarak
I'm just sentimental...

Pup-ups! That WOULD be odd. POP-ups, of course.

ratcat
Raz, alway so accurate must you be..... laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Such are the ways of the Force...

ratcat
Binds us together. blah, blah, blah...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.