Army of Darkness, which ending is better ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
I like the S-Mart more.

Evil Dead
Me too..........the ending they went with was the correct choice. It leaves the film series with Ash being a badass and kicking ass.......whereas the Rip Van Winkle ending would have just left off as Ash being a moron............

Wolfie
They're both good but I also agree that the ending they went with was better. It was a fun ending.

SlickRick69
They should still do the 4th Evil Dead... Evil Dead 4: Army of Darkness 2: Back From the Future...

Our boy Ash could tell a new crew of S-Marties about how he 'said most of the words'... or took an extra drop of potion and ended up in the distant future instead of the past or present...

more Deadites, more myth and legend born of Ash, more fun and carnage and horror-humor...

it would be nice to see Ash kicking ass, and Deadites kicking Ash, again

Evil Dead
Let's not forget that without the S-mart ending we would have never gotten to hear, "Hail to the king baby".......

DeNiro
Shop SMART, Shop S-Mart.

i chose the S-Mart ending. BOOMSTICK stick out tongue

samhain
When I first saw the film it had the apocalypse ending on it as opposed to the s-mart ending. I'll choose the apocalypse ending as evil dead in the future would be amazing.

EOWYN3
S-Mart was much more satisfying. It was Ash as I love him!

Sc0rchy
S-Mart ending, just cuz he got to kick zombie @$$ one last time big grin

tabby999
alternative endings? where the apoc ending?

Evil Dead
special features on the dvd.............most versions.

The necronomicon as mentioned in the film was needed to send Ash to his own time. The book contained the recipe for a potion to make Ash sleep. Ash is supposed to drink one drop of the potion for every century he wishes to sleep.......so he needs to drink six drops to wake in his own time.

He barricades himself in a cave and starts with the potion. He drinks five drops.....and counts them off as he is doing so. 1-2-3-4-5........then some rocks fall and he turns his attention towards them. He looks back at the potion and 5-6.........which of course was 7 drops. He wakes up 100 years later than he wanted to. He digs himself out of the cave.....and sees a post-apocallyptic world. He screams "I slept too long".....and starts kind of crying. Fade to black.

wicker_man
Although i like both, i'd have to say the S-Mart ending was better due to the fact it prolonged the enjoyment of the film, for me the apocalyptic ending was over too fast. I particularly like it when Ash once again starts demonstrating his knowledge of selling firearms.

samhain
I like the bit in the apocalypse ending where you can see big ben in the background. It makes no sense whatsoever.

zombieman
I think the s-mart ending, the damn thing isnt on the dvd boxset at all though over in the uk which ****ing sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.