The Kingdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dario Argento
Hello, I am from Denmark and our proud is Lars von Trier, you probably know him, he made: Dancer in the Dark, Breaking the Waves, Dogville, Element of Crime, and some others. But anyway he also made a very controversial tv-series called "The Kingdom". I just wodered if anyone of you have seen it. If you haven't you really should. It is a Horror-series and it is brilliant.
If you have seen it please give me you opinion of it.

Lord_Andres
I think a saw a cuple a years ago, it was on DR1 or 2, is that right?
anyway it was kinda creepy, best danish series I've seen

Dario Argento
Yes it was on DR1. but now there has just come a super duper edition of it.

Lord_Andres
I know a 4 disc edition uncut, I'm gonna get it next weeksmile

Dario Argento
Cool. I already have, It is really great. I actually saw the first episode at school today. do you know some of the other of von Triers movies?

Lord_Andres
no I've just seen Riget (Kingdom) don't useally watch Danish movies, are there any other good Danish horror movies?

Dario Argento
well... have you ever heard of Nattevagten, there is an american version of it too called Nightwatch. The Danish on is pretty good, but the American one sucks, which is wierd because it was the same director (Ole Bornedal) who directed both of them.

Dario Argento
By the way, you really should watch the other Trier-movies. They really good movies. Some of them are actually masterpieces. But they aren't horror movies.

Lord_Andres
ya Nattevagten was kinda scray, and I sure will go and check out the other Trier moviessmile

Dario Argento
you will not regret it

Lord_Andres
oh ya, name another real good Trier movie, my mom is going to DK to morrorw, so I'm gonna ask her to buy somesmile

Dario Argento
The problem is that his movies are more populair abroad than in Denmark. But Breaking the Waves is a true masterpiece. Dancer in the Dark won in Cannes a couple of years ago, and Idioter is also very good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.