Tough Trivia Contest - Can you help me?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deadzero
Trying to find out the answers to some tough horror movie trivia questions. It is a contest at my local video store and I might get some free rentals out of the deal. Can you help?

Here are the ones I don't have yet.

1. In the original Night of the living Dead , how does Ben know that his "rescuers" have arrived?

2. In Anguish , how much is a ticket for the movie The Mommy ?

3. What is famed director John Water's favorite horror movie?

4. In Stepford Wives ,what is the name of Katherine Ross's "coulda been, shoulda been" college lover/chemist?

5. Who is "the fool" in The Wicker Man and why?

6. In Lucio Fulci'sZombie , a zombie attacks in a very unique location. Hope you've got enough oxygen... What is the unique location?

7. In Day of the Dead , who does Dr. Logan attempt to civilize?

8. In Herschell Gordon Lewis' classic bload soaked Blood Feast ,who is the Egyptian Goddess that Ramses offers his sacrifices to?

9. In the steamy Vampyros Lesbos , what animal symbolizes the lust between Princess Nadine and Lucy?

10. Who is the painter who inspired the cover art of Ken Russell's Gothic ?

11. In the recent Chinese thriller Double Vision , the police investigator/forensic expert, in describing the cause of death, lists the drug dopamine. According to the film, what is dopamine?

12. In the family values tribute American Gothic , what contraptions don't Pa believe in?

13. In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre , four friends take the road trip from hell. Franklin (the one in the wheelchair) asserts that the killer won't be able to find them. Why not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wicker_man
5. Who is "the fool" in The Wicker Man and why? - "The Fool" refers to the character Sergeant Howie (Played by Edward Woodward) i think he could be classed as a "fool" because he
ultimately ends up as the 'fool scarafice'.

wicker_man
7. In Day of the Dead , who does Dr. Logan attempt to civilize?

An Ex-army (we think) personnel turned zombie called Bub but in more general terms the zombie population in general.

deadzero
Hey Wicker Man.....
Thanks for the help. I have added those to my ongoing list and I also found the answer to number 8 as well (Ishtar). Only 10 more to go. I have until the 29th of October to get them all.

I would appreciate anyone elses help if you know these movies.

Omegaman
I think I have some answers but try and check them out first!

3. It should be "Blood Feast"
6. Im sure on this one! It "underwater", a zombie attacks a shark!!

11. I think its: "a fungus, that causes hallucinations

Omegaman
Hey as far as question #7, I am pretty sure the name is "Bud"

Omegaman
#10 is : THe painting was "The Nightmare" by Henry Fuseli(this I know for sure!)

Omegaman
Question #1 is (I think) they break down the door to the basement which he is hiding in.

Omegaman
Im back with another answer!

#12 - Pa didnt believe in "telephones"!!!

must_kill_Santa
i want to know number 13 most i really wan to see that film

Omegaman
The question about THe Stepford WIves(#4) , the answer is Raymond Chandler!

deadzero
Wow......
Thanks for all the help Omegaman... (and everyone else)
On the Stepford Wives answer, How sure of this are you.
That is the last question I needed answered for my list. Just wanna make sure.

Omegaman
Well, I checked with two other people and they both said Raymond Chandler! I looked and there is indeed a character named that in the movie! I dont know 100%, but I would feel safe going with it!

By the way I must know the answers to the Vampyros, Anguish , and Texas chainsaw-What are they??

deadzero
Omegaman...

sent you an e-mail

ampetrsn
in anguish, a movie ticket costed 7 dollars and in american gothic, pa don't believe in cars. hope this help...

Omegaman
Actually ,both those answers are wrong. It was $5 a ticket , and Pa didnt believe in telephones.

loser101
Dead Zero,

I can only help you with two questions!

Omegaman, i'm sorry, but you are wrong about Question 1. You are talking about the remake of Night of the Living Dead where they break down the door of the basement he is hiding in, which is not in the original version! In the original version;

***MAJOR SPOILER***
Ben is shot dead by his "rescuers" (<---hence the inverted commas), he doesn't see them shoot him. He is walking around inside the house, and his rescuers are outside. He doesn't see em or call out to them (at least going by my memory)! Alll I remember.....is he literally finds out by getting killed by them!

13. In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre , four friends take the road trip from hell. Franklin (the one in the wheelchair) asserts that the killer won't be able to find them. Why not?

SPOILERS
Are you sure you've got this question right? From what I remember, is that Franklin asserts otherwise? He was suspicious all along due to the blood markings on the van and ***SPOILERS***, and was particularly whiney about the significance of them, etc. He was also killed straightaway by the killer, so that's basically when he found out there was one. However, he was wanting to wait at the van all along instead of searching for his friends.....that's all I remember.

deserted
what about vampyros lesbos? i don't remember any animals in that movie...maybe i was too busy looking at Soledad

deadzero
Throughout the movie they cut away to random shots of a Scorpion. I can understand your distraction though.

DZ

deserted
ah, you're right...a scorpion is an animal, not an insect. hmm...

deserted
did you win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.