what kind of poeple would like LOTR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sabrinalau
i am 17,gal,from hk.....i wonder what age range would others lotr's fans be,females or males,kids or adults and where from?i really want to know that,and also why do u like this film?any speacial reasons? roll eyes (sarcastic)
and who is your favourite character in this film?i do really like ARAGORN,but in really life,i do like Elijah wood,so how about all of you? Happy Dance

Shadowskill
I'm 13 in TN and I like the movies and the books. My favorite movie was TTT, Eomer is my fave! Karl Urban is soooo cute big grin !!!!
I like Elijah too. I tried to write; you can ask the Drunk Nazgul. He never answered us... But I love him nonetheless! Plus Karl Urban is so cute!! Didn't I mention that?
I also don't appreciate people making fun of Boromir and Haldir! mad

Lord_Andres
I love the whole mythology, just read the Silmarilion, and it's even better then LoTR(in my option) anyway both males and female like it, from 10 years olds too 70smile

drunk_nazgul
Well, I'm 14 from TN (haha, Ghosty). I like LOTR 'cause it's a load of fun. I love fantasy/fiction. The first time I saw it I was with Shadow... ever since, I've loved anything that was faintly related to it. I get the feeling it's because we always laugh at a particular memory we had while watching. My favorite actor is Orlando, but they're all fantastic. My favorite character is, well... I can't choose. Probably Legolas.
But that's just me.

drunk_nazgul
Oh, and, yes... I'm female... big grin

Shadowskill
What particular mem'ry, Greenleaf?

drunk_nazgul
All of 'em! You know...

Arwen:"How far do you think they'll get?"
Elrond:"Oh, about a few more feet..."
Gandalf:"I forgot my hearing aid!"
Elrond and Arwen:"Heh heh..."

Okay, you guys resume your replying to this awesome thread. big grin

Exa

Corlindel
I am 33 years old smile but i am a Noldor so I have only 1 year old or less wink and I am just learning to walk, speak and read. My first word was Glarung smile

I am from Portugal and I started to read Tolkien - The Silmarillion - about twenty years ago.

I remembered when my friends make laugh about me when I try to talk with then about dragons and elfs. But they always thought it was a childs tale.

It is not my opinion. Now I am a lawyer and photographer too - as free-lancer - and I must thanks the movies for give all of you the opportunity to share your dreams smile

I am start to think that I am your older parent.

Corlindel
And I prefer the Silmarillion too smile

Phoenix
I'm 17 and female. I first got into LotR after I read the Hobbit at seven, then LotR at 8

Smodden
hey i'm 16 male and i didn't think i would like the books or the movies 'till my brother inlaw & sister took me to the fellowship, after that i was hooked, i've read the hobit and the trilogy twice so far. So some may say i'm not a true fan because I only read the books after i saw the movie. but i believe i am.

hey ?Question? is the silmarilion that good? i tried to read it but coudn't get into it?

oh well hears a shout out to russell and richelle who started my obssetion. SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exa
Yes it is smile
Its really difficult at the beginning but once you get the sil-style intus it's the best book I know big grin and very interesting.

drunk_nazgul
Oh, yes. I read it two years ago. I read it like it was straight form the hands of God. ...well, maybe not God, but it was pretty good.
reading

Go read it. NOW!!! beer
And afterward, we'll have an ale and reread it (if we can).

Hegemon875
I'm 17 male and from Maryland and I love the LOTR and the Silmarillion. I usually read science fiction and don't normally like fantasy, in fact I think the LOTR series are the only fantasy books that I like, but Tolkiens stories seem to be authentic while other fantasy stories seem to be...well fantasy.

turin
boy i am old here, i am 24 and been reading these books since 6th grade (dont know the math but thats a long time,lol) i think i love tolkiens work because it is the most complete story. it has history, culture, geography, mythology, geneology (tolkien was big on that one) strategy, well everything... plus when i was young i was one of those kids that had a wild imagination and i guess it caried over to adult hood.

nazgulinthedark
I'm 13 and female, from alabama, and i loved the movies and the books, my favorite characters were the ringraiths(nazguls/black riders)

Shadowskill
So I guess I'm not the only girl who hasn't read the Silmarillion...
Anyway, I've been reading and re-reading the trilogy since sixth grade (since the movies came out). But LotR has been in my family since before that. My big brother (28) had them read to him as bedtime stories. And I memorized the riddles in The Hobbit when I was four or five.

vvvrulz
Hey there, 18 from New Zealand.
Great book, movies are excellent too. Am a big LOTR fan, and why wouldnt you be?

turin
i love to see such a variety of people in here but i am kind of wondering is there any females over 17? just wondering because is it something that females grow out of as they get older whereas males dont? just wonderin....

Smodden
i will no read the silmarilion. if i ever have time! just got my first job, and it's takin' all my time! nooooooo! sad i think i might quit... oh well... i'll find time to read it, even if i don't sleep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.