Words Easiest Quiz........Or is It??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
The Questions...

1. How long did the Hundred Years War last?

2. Which country makes Panama hats?

3. From which animal do we get catgut?

4. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5. What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6. The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?

7. What was King George VI's first name?

8. What color is a purple finch?

9. What country do Chinese gooseberries come from?

10. How long did the Thirty Years War last?

Ill post answers in a bit big grin

silver_tears
by the way that should be world's
small typo big grin

FallingBlue
laughing out loud i bet my friend's lil bro would fail this, that kid's dumb as a rock

silver_tears
well ur supposed to put ur answers here oh and they are not all wat they seem shifty

Ushgarak
1. About 115 years, it is hard to be precise, besides which we were still kicking the hell out of each other for a while before and afterl
2. Ecuador
3. Sheep
4. November- they were using a different calender
5. Umm... some animal hair...
6. Dogs (from Canaris in the Latin)
7. Albert
8. No idea. Red?
9. The US?
10. As far as I know that WAS 30 years...

silver_tears
alright then ush has answered any one else wanna try big grin

Crash_Overload
thoes are the Right answers, and YES Purple Finch, IS red. Oh the usless e-mails i get.......

Ushgarak
Actually, just been checking on the 100 years war- 'cos I know that is the bitchy one... never trust a website with this heading:

"The Hundred Years' War (1336-1352)"

Anyway, some people have it lasting to 1565, which meant it last nearly two centuries... it's kinda vague...

Crash_Overload
Actually, no one is realy sure WHEN it started, because, well, if you include events BEFORE and AFTER it lasts nearly 500 years....

Ushgarak
500? You cannot possibly time it from the Norman invasion to 1565, that makes NO logical sense.

Crash_Overload
Um... do you know why WW1 started? it can be traced back to the assasination of the Arch Duke, the death of 1 man could creat a world war. And also Following SOME path, you can link it to ww2. (through the depration... WW2 ended it, also Depration was an excuse for a war.. at least that is what Mr. Black, and Mr. Belisl says)

Ushgarak
Yes I do know how WWII started, I don't see what that has to anything. There is no cause for the Hundred Years War that you can possibly ascribe before the mid 12th Century when Henry II acquired French lands via marriage to the archmoo herself, Eleanor of Aquitaine. There is nothing earlier at all, unless you want to count everything in history that lead up to that point in which case you may as well say that WWII was caused by human evolution... I know my European history well enough.

Incidentally, it is a myth that the Archduke's death caused the First World War- it was the START of it, is all. One man's death can't cause a war, not on that scale. What caused the First World War was Serbia- a nation. And that was in a background of tension between the European powers.

Ushgarak
Also incidentally, I assume you mean 'Depression'. Which was over by WWII, so I don't see how that ended it.

silver_tears
well here are the answers i have big grin

The Answers...

1. 116 years, from 1337 to 1453.

2. Ecuador.

3. From sheep and horses.

4. November. The Russian calendar was 13 days behind ours.

5. Squirrel fur.

6. The Latin name was Insularia Canaria - Island of the Dogs.

7. Albert. When he came to the throne in 1936, he respected the wish of Queen Victoria that no future king should ever be called Albert.

8. Distinctively crimson.

9. New Zealand.

10. Thirty years of course from 1618 to 1648!

Ushgarak
Squirrels, eh?

(notes that down for future reference)

silver_tears
weird huh blink

pablo007
Catgut comes from sheep or horses I can't remember exactly.

Thoren
Title fail

Bimp

Barker
damn you're on a roll

Thoren
Just wait and see link-rape

Barker
Dunt overdo it

Thoren
I had too

Barker
Mar 2003
Thoren
Jun 2003

Barker
Do they have short buses in Texas or just short donkeys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.