Very Facinating to me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElStuddo
I love exploring ROADS on my time off. I can tell a OLD road when I see it. Where they have paved years of asphalt over the original concrete. I can usually SEE the cracks in the asphalt where it once stood....

Check this out....

http://forums.happysuperfun.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=518&st=0#entry2058

ElStuddo
Here is another example.....

http://www.texasfreeway.com/statewide/historic/photos/images/nacogdoches_area/us59_near_nacogdoches_undated.jpg

Man, west of here, the stupid hwy dept.. PAVED over history...the I-10 feeder was the ORIGINAL OLD concrete hwy 90 near Cloumbus Tx... Its been paved over for years....And it was only 1 suface SHY of the original suface...and it was chipping away in some parts revailing the OLD concrete surface,,,and as I attempted to take pics of it 2 weeks ago...they PAVED IT OVER!!! mad

Kinna like catching a RARE bird in a net! I MIGHT have it in my files somwhere among 1000s of other pics.

I just think these things are facinating... I love ORIGINALITY!!!

finti
"Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way" - Steppenwolf

badkittykitty
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ElStuddo
I have a thing for orginalalty as I said. I mean I love memories, like all the years we have gone over OLD bridges through the years, from when I was a baby to the time I 1st got my license. My parents too. wink

must_kill_Santa
i like this thread

Tied Hiker
Imagine if these old roads could talk. Oh, the stories they would tell.

nazgulinthedark
"how fast will it go, can it get me, 0 - 60?..."
- montgomery gentre

ElStuddo
lol! What kind of horror from all the accidents. How many 'piss' stops. big grin

All the old tin beer cans thrown out. big grin

ElStuddo
((((((BOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN TO BE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLD!!!!))))))) eek! eek!

Krisco
rock Get your motor running
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
In whatever comes our way

Here and god are gonna' make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once and
Explode into space
rolling on floor laughing
I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feeling that that I'm under
rolling on floor laughing
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never want to die
Born to be wild rock

Hell ya that song rocks... big grin

And humm for the topic, it kinda sucks they put new over old, since the old one is art of history mad

Tiger
You have gone cracked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.