"Either Must Die in the Hands of the Other". The Lost Prophecy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IBTonks
'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Loard approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... and either must die at the hands of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies ...'

What do you guys think about this? How do you think it will all end.....Is it really Harry Potter's prophecy..... or Neville Longbottoms?

starlitegrl
I was thinkin bout that and if it is really neville's prophecy why would the book be called HARRY POTTER??????????so it has to be harry's prophey.............but then again y did they mention neville in the book........u know what.........thats confusin

nazgulinthedark
i was thinkin about that too, and i mean it's only senseable to have evil fall at the end of the book right? well, harry has to die if voldermort dies right? so harry dies. My sister won't belive me on this one

daddy'sgurl
No, I don't think Harry will die if Voldermort does, unless Harry dies killing him. But it could be Neville, but then Voldermort did find Harry more of a threat than Neville.

airangel429
it has o be harry b/c voldy marked him as his equal...thus his scar

ada
hi guys! im new here! i thought that basically harry has to kill voldemort b4 voldemort kills him?! i agree with starlitegrl, this IS confusin!!!!!

nazgulinthedark
well, i mean it's obvious voldermorts gonna die, good always triumphs over evil. so in order to kill voldermort, harry dies to

ada
well that makes perfect sense. i heard that the 7th book ends with," wats happened to ur scar" if thats true then surley harrys still alive?

Elondra
Well if harry dies, the 7th book might be pretty exciting and interesting but if he kills Voldemort it will be boring.harry always escapes from Voldemort but Voldemort is really experienced.How can harry get away easily?

ada
well it says in the prophecy that harry has powers, "The dark lord knows not." voldemort is experienced, but maybe harry is more powerful than him x

nazgulinthedark
harry may be more powerful than him, but not spellwise, more like commonsence smartness, um... mindreading, stuff like that

IBTonks
i have mentioned this in other threads, but i think that harry will have to sacrifice himself in order to defeat voldemort..., i mean think about it.....voldemort transferred some of his power to harry on the night he tried to kill him....so maybe not only his power was transferred but also some of his strength, hence the reason when the curse rebounded, instead of killing voldemort ( which it shud have done considerin it was the avada kedavra!) it just reduced him to 'almost dead' which suggests that as some of his strength lies in harry, he will never die, unless harry dies...do you get me?

Elondra
yeah

IBTonks
lol! do u think that cud be it, or just another "good idea, but it'll never happen!"

LilyGinnyBlack
I don't think Harry will die... I don't think that Harry will face Voldemort alone either! I think that Harry AND Neville will face Voldemort and win! big grin I also think that Neville will be better in his school work and spellcasting now that he has more confidence from the DA meetings in OotP and Harry's words and also because now he will have his own wand and not his fathers! big grin

IBTonks
I still have no faith whatsoever in Neville! i mean come on!!! he be a bit pathetic, wud b very supprised if it were to turn out that it is nevilles prophecy, after all, that's what everyone is thinking, so it's just to obvious, i don't think that JK will make any more of it.

Orli'sElf7
call me crazy, but i have this brilliant theory that yes it was harry voldemort "marked as his equal," but in the end when they're fighting Neville busts in and takes an avada kedavra for harry or something so neville dies as well as voldemort but harry lives....oh that would be frickin sadddd!!!! :,( im daydreaming again lol

Tonks
um you know when Dumbledore told Voldemort that there is something worse then Death? Well I really do belive that, That is what harry is going to do to Voldemort. Some how.
Mean that would be funny if Harry nocked Voldemort inside the veil. Then Harry's Mom Dad and Sirius. Took him on. Well I dont think that would happen but that would be cool if it did!

Yah but I think that harry is going to do something really bad to Voldemort. But Harry still has to kill Bellatrix first and that is going to take place in the 6th book!

IBTonks
the thing that is worse than death, is being 'half dead'...sorta, and being trapped in that world 4eva as u can't die...

starlitegrl
omg.....i just thot of a good ending 4 HP........I think harry is gonna kill V. (i don't know how)..and then his scar is gonna dissapear......the next day when he wakes up someone is gonna be like......."Harry u still have your scar"................lol........that would be a great ending......cuz that means that V. was still alive.......and alos JKR said the last word was "scar" not "harry what happened to your scar."
Isn't that the best ending..........lol......jk......... angel bunny

IBTonks
lol! great ending, and it's scar, not scare!!!!bless ya! but yeah, v good endin!

starlitegrl
lol..........i didn't realize I put "scare" instead of "scar".....thanx 4 tellin me......i just edited the post

LilyGinnyBlack
The thing that Harry has that Voldemort doesn't is love. That, in the end, will help defeat Voldemort somehow. That is what is worse then death, having no love, which Voldemort so does not have!

IBTonks
No it's not!! lol! read my last post...it actually tells u in the book somewhere although i can't find it! watch this space and i will post a page ref!

But as to that....i can't see how love will defeat voldemort...i mean yeah, i spose it could assist in some way, maybe a similar sort of thing happens as that in GoF. Or he finds a way of connecting with his parents which make him stronger....but i still think that harry will have to sacrifice himself in order to finish voldemort off!

Kat121278
I think that Neville will be involved or else why would JK have mentioned him as we never knew he had the same birthday as Harry before.
I think that Harry will not be alone when the time comes to face Voldemort. I think his destruction will come with a force that even Harry will not know he has until the moment he needs it
Ooh how profound!!!

Orli'sElf7
yea tonks thatd b awsome!! well i agree but maybe he'll knock him inside the veil and all the people that hes caused suffering to or killed will "torture" him for all eternity

IBTonks
maybe JK's just trying to throw us off with this possibility of Neville playing a bit part....do we know if his parents defied voldemort three times?? caus if they didn't then its a major no no on the neville front.

IBTonks
There is a room in the department of mysteries, that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that harry posseses in such quantities and which voldemort has not at all. That power took harry to save Sirius. That power also saved him from possession by voldemort, because he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests. In the end, it mattered not that harry could not close his mind. It was his heart that saved him.

padfoot_rules
i think its harrys prophency because dumbledore thinks that its him and voldemort chose harry.

padfoot_rules
plus neville is not that good at magic

LilyGinnyBlack
Okay, I think love is PART of the something that Harry has that Voldemort doesn't.... not having love or anything to care about or anyone one to care about is part of what is worth then death.... The other thing, I don't know! We will just have to wait and see....

starprincess366
way to confusssing, can't wait till the next 2 books. i wonder, neville is so slow so i think harry will end up killing neville orsome1 does it for him to keep him out of azkaban. hmm but i do belive that harry will die when he kills voldemort if he does. but its way to much for nme to think of right now.

IBTonks
i still think that harry will have to sacrifice himself to kill voldemort!!! i don't know y, it's just stuck in my head and i'm convinced it will happen! but yeah, i agree, i can't see neville getting n e better at magic! i mean come on....we can do it better than him.... whistle smart laughing out loud

LilyGinnyBlack
I can, I mean, now Neville has the self confidence that he lacked before and he will have his OWN wand.... not the wand that his father had. So, yeah, I can see him doind a WHOLE lot better! big grin The DA and the self- confidence that Harry gave him WILL make Neville be better at magic.... and maybe even potions, though I don't know about that one.... erm He may be truely helpless in that area of magic! Llaughing out loudL

IBTonks
I see ya point there....bout the whole avin his own wand thing...i still think it'll be weird....i mean u look at how much harry's done, and then theres neville!!! it'll b a really wierd twist...not sure if i'll like it! wud be gud if hermione was to die savin harry or summit...

LilyGinnyBlack
I don't think Neville will die though! He will do something.... but not DIE! I least I hope not! He and Luna HAVE to be together.... after all I think Luna and Neville are going to be the couple that are going to get married at Hogwarts! :P

IBTonks
lol! yeah, can't say they'd make a bad couple.....but then i think harry and luna wud suit aswell....don't know y....

airangel429
I think Harry might die...b/c if/when he kills voldemort...since he can feel how voldemort is feeling and alot of other actions he does...I think that he won't feel anything anymore and that he will die to as a the hero........

I think Madime Maxime and Hagrid will get married in book 7. big grin

poop169
I've been thinking about that and I thing that the prophecy is harry's beacause he has defeated voldimort lots of times. big grin

IBTonks
lol! in think we all think that!! but theres a certain level of uncertainty about it... i dunno...it seems obvious that it is harry's but then, y wud she bring neville into the equasion....unless JKs tryin to make us believe that it's nevilles not harry's and turns out to be someone completely different, but i'm not sure thats possible....as the books says that there were TWO boys born at the end of july....not 3 or 4.......2

Lily Evans
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well I totaly agree with all of you but I personaly think that IF Harry dies then Neville will jump in and save the day. Think of it this way: Maybe Neville tries to kill voldmort and Harry saves him before something.........Oh well I guess we will have to wait. THat sucks! sad

IBTonks
i hate waiting! waiting for the third film is bad enuf!! i wonder when she'll get the 6th book out?!!! erm

Lily Evans
That totally sucks I am thinking about 2005 Around April or something. eek!

IBTonks
still too far away.....i'm desperate to know what happens!!!!

IBTonks
some people are talkin about snape killing voldemort...i mean, that surely can't happen, but maybe he will have something to do with it?!! erm i mean, he's helped harry in the past (no matter how reluctantly) but it might just happen.....i don't know...what do u think?

Lily Evans
Umm... I think that is going to happen something on the lines of that but you know maybe Harry is going to be in trouble and Snape runs in for the save or vis versa you know? Umm great now ya got me thinking about that possiablity. stick out tongue

IBTonks
lol! i think it wud be great tho if snape were to be apart of it...i mean, he's like my fav character....and i do really feel sorry for him, considerin what he's been through and so waanna see him save harry's life or summit! i think it wud be great!!

Kristina
Hey, another idea:
Have you noticed the little differences between the original words of the prophecy and Dumbledore's interpretation? For example the original words don't mention the year when that one to kill Voldemort will be born. Dumbledore says it's only the year when Harry's born.
I think that could be a trick of Rowling, that we just remember Dumbledore's words and in the end...big surprise it's not Harry who has to kill Voldemort. I mean, Joanne Rowling lets us always believe the contrary of what's true.

IBTonks
in reply to that...i consulted the bible(in other words..OoTP!!!!!!!) and it says, i quote...."'It meant' Said Dumbledore 'that the person who has the only chance of conquering the Lord Voldemort for good was born at the end of july nearly sixteen years ago. This boy would be born to parents who had already defied voldemort three times'" (pg 741) and it was professor Trelawney that was shown the prophecy.....in other words, she had a "vision" (of sorts) nearly 16 yrs ago, that a boy wud be born as the seventh month dies, in that year....so dumbledores interpretation was not different...do u get me?

Kristina
Yeah....okay,you're right...I think I'm not that good in getting important details because the German version isn't already out...had to read it in English. But it was a good idea ;-)

Lily Evans
I am reading the Bible (OoTP) again for the millionth time just to see if i missed something or what. And the whole Harry-Neville-Snape triangle we just set up confused me evan more I mean we can guess and guess but never will now until the other part of the Bible comes out! mad I am so impatient!!!!

Kristina
Me too, Lily! I read OotP three times and in 2 weeks it will come out in German, so it won't be the last time I read it!! I have to check if the translater did a good job ;-) Yeah, but I really hope J.K. Rowling will be a bit faster with the 6th and the 7th....don't know how I managed the 3 years of waiting for OotP!

Lily Evans
Me too I am so obbesed with HP that i named my ID name after his mother. Odd yes I know but right now i feel like bunny

Kristina
;-)

IBTonks
yeah it was a great idea....mind u tho, we know that trelawney is v dodgy to believe in if u get me! in like the third book, most of the teachers said that they doubted her talent and believed it was all fluke....well wot if the prophecy was wrong? after al it was trelawney that announced it!

Lily Evans
Umm very good point but I don't think that is what is happing because remember that She went into a trance and her prediction came true. Great another thing for me to ponder confused

IBTonks
lol! sorry bout that!

Lily Evans
LOL It is okay!!!! wink

IBTonks
oooh what about this mundungus being crookshanks thing? think it's possible......

Lily Evans
Er.. I guess but what about when they were at Nuber 12 place Crookshanks was there so was Mundungus was there too... um thanks again(lol) wacko

shaber
I womder what would happen to the other if one received the Dementor's Kiss? devil

If the prophecy guidelines exclude that then they are both VERY lucky!

shaber
Madame Maxime is more giantish than Hagrid (Hagrid: "She's something when roused, I expect its the French in her" - yeah right!) How she got to be in a responsible position I don't know... Unless it required some agression. mad

Linkalicious
i only read the book once, so i'm sorry if my facts aren't straight (stoner memory.) But didn't Neville use one of the BIG 3 spells on Bellatrix LeStrange? also, wasn't it Bellatrix who tortured Neville's parents? And didn't she tell him something like "you gotta have real hatred to use that spell." ( i don't have the book w/ me for reference). So i think Neville's big part in the remaining books will be his confrontation will Bellatrix. During the battle w/ Voldemort, one of Harry's friends will die making harry go into a fit of rage where he is actually on the offensive against Voldy. Then voldy lays the smack down on him, but Harry ends up relying more on his quick wits and bravery than magic he's learned. I don't think Harry will die in the end, but maybe his love interest will.

shaber
Harry attacked Bellatrix with his attempt at the Cruciatus Curse.

Lily Evans
Yes it was Harry that did that. And I don't think that is going to happen but hey why not. I only have one thing to say "hem hem"

Danistar
It is a question: Voldemort or Harry?
But Voldemort cant' stay alive because if he stays he will destroy all the goodness and joy, he will make the world to suffer a lot. Therefore Harry must kill him. He must stop Voldemort before he started to destroy the world. But there's a dilemma: neither he wants to become a murder nor he wants to die. Harry's fate is very dramatical. He has to bear a big onus. Harry has to save not only his life but also the whole world.

shaber
Harry has already killed Quirrel; Voldemort is even less worthy of being spared. evil face

Lily Evans
Very true ummm let me add my wisdom..........no in the books Voldemort kills Quirrel remember he leaves him to die when he leaves his body. So thats something to think about.

IBTonks
All evidence seems to point to the fact that harry will eventualy kill voldemort....this is probably an obvious statement, but then that stil doesn't mean that harry will survive...i still stand by my theory of harry having to sacrifice himself to kill voldemort....but then they may be other ways for him to die......(not that i want him to!)......if he did die, how do YOU think it will happen?

sauron
well i think neville will kill voldemort, because jk is full of suprises and if she did this EVERYONE would be shocked as neville isnt exactly what you expect to be a hero, plus dumbledore will die as in book v there is a large amount of suggestions at his age and how old he looks, but i expect he will go out with a bang, and i cannot believe they killed sirius,

Danistar
I don't think that Neville will kill Voldemort because it's Harry's fate to kill him.

Ass Goblin
My predictions not that big

In the 7th book Snape will teach DADA
Neville will become more powerfull with his own wand
harry will be trainded in wandless magic because he and voldermort cant fight each other with wands

Danistar
I don't think that Snape will teach DADA in 7th book because Rowling said in one of her interviews that Dumdledore didn't allow him to teach DADA because it might bring out the worst in Snape.

Lily Evans
NO Snape can NOT teach it. As for Neville killing (voldemort) i don't think that jk is going to do that. She has smoething else planned...anyway what about Dumbledore letting Harry teach DA to everyone who wants to learn. Well because you know Kids like him and he does get great progress with the other ppl

Linkalicious
I stick to my theory that someone close to Harry will be killed by Voldemort, sending Harry into a rage ultimatly destroying Voldy. Knowing JK it'd be someone like Hermione or Ron, u know someone that NOBODY wants to see dead and everyone would be sad to see go. I'm more intersted in Draco, it seems like Harry vs. Draco is somewhat petty after 5 years and I think they will either become arch-enemies or they will team together to pwn some Voldy ass.

Lily Evans
UMMMMMMM *Lily sits there with a pondering stare*

IBTonks
i think the whole harry and draco teaming up thing is an interetin topic!! but can u c it happenin?!!! i mean, look at who his father is, and especially how draco treats everyone, i mean, he's even said he want hermione dead, i don't see how he cud just change his mind and think, "actualy no, i'm gonna team up with the guy i can't stand, and kill the one person that has helped my family survive" (that may be over exaggerating just a tiny bit!!!) but do u see what i mean?

Oh and i do think that JK will kill someone thats really close to harry.....although.....she's already done that in respect hasn't she?!!! sirius! i think it wud be kinda good tho if hermione was to die, caus no one would be expecting it...they'd all be thinkin..."yeah it could happen" but do't actually believe it would! u c? plus, if for whatever reason ron was to be with hermione by book 7 it wud be even worse, caus then ron wud have also lost someone he loved, not just as a friend, and therefor may tem up with harry to kill voldemort......

i'm rambling now...this could go on forever....so many ideas are flooding into my head!!! it hurts! some of them are...well....crap! others are actually kinda interesting which i'm gonna ponder on for a bit!

Schizo_n_me
...maybe dracos father is mysteriously killed...

Schizo_n_me
...and so with no father figure, draco resorts to teaming up with his arch enemy...

Schizo_n_me
...ridiculous, no?...

IBTonks
maybe harry kills lucius?.....k maybe not!!!!

Lily Evans
What about the OoTP group. I was thinking maybe Lucius trys to be a stupid ass and wants to kill Harry so he goes after him and with Harrys luck no one is watching and is almost killed but in the process Harry kills Lucius or someone saves him but kills lucius...what a tragic.lol

Linkalicious
Maybe Voldemort kills Lucious for failing to recover the "prophecy." Then Draco teams up with Harry because his hatred of Harry is nothing in comparison to his newly found hatred for the dark lord. To jump to an even bigger conclusion. Maybe Harry & Draco team up in book 6 to kill Voldemort and in book 7 Draco becomes the new dark lord. And so far, I see the Harry vs. Draco rivalry to be very juvinile and feel that things need to escalate soon. I know that's not likely at all, but weirder things have happened. I mean how did Fawkes and the Sorting Hat actually end up in the Chamber of Secrets in order to aid Harry? Weird...

miriam lestrang
I think potter dies(I hope so,'couse it wouldn't be very thrilling if he didnt,hm?)and a demi will suck out voldis soul,or just a bit if thats possible,I mean,thats much more bad than death,isnt it?
just wish,lupin and snape are staying alive...i love tham,bet lupin and tonks get together!
embarrasment

Schizo_n_me
What if JK went around reading stuff like this and everytime someone caught on to one of her ideas she changed it......*looks paranoid* What the f**k?

IBTonks
lmao! i've thought that in the past, but i have to say it's very unlikely Schizo!!! And as for Lily's idea....i've thought of that too....thinki about i thought, lucious has attempted to kill harry before! but failed, so theres no reason why he wouldn't try again (at the end of book two when dobby saves him.....ot many ppl have cottoned on to the fact that lucious starts to say "Avada Kadavra" remember? he says "Avada......" then dobby saves the day!!!!!! n e hoo! I doubt that voldemort wud kill lucious as he is one of his most loyal followers, and although the whole harry and draco teaming up seems kinda kewl...i just don't think it'll happen! it wudn't be right! i dunno! someone stop me!

icy
I also think It has to be harry's cos he is the * of the book and if he dies, most of the books' funs will hate JKR for sure.

IBTonks
yeah, there will be one hell of an uproar if harry were to die, but i just think it will be an amazing to the end of the series...and it will end it...there won't be an opportunity then for JK to back back to the boks and write more, and she's already said that that isn't what she wants to do.

Lily Evans
Every one so negtive....*Lily runs off in a corner and crys* sad

IBTonks
sorry! but it has to be said! caus it has to happen! either that or Snape will die saving harry

Lily Evans
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......wait Snape die? devil

IBTonks
is that a....i don't want him to die? or "yey!"?? caus i don't want him to but then i think it wid be good, caus it wud really clear his name etc....

Loony_Luna
Voldemort will die of course. It would be a stupid end if Harry was killed by Voldemort. But I think in that last battle Harry might die too. I dunno, it's just a feeling.

Kristina

Kristina
But I like the thought that Snape will die by saving Harry...And I think he will melt a bit in the next books. And I really want to know why he never gets the job he wants!!!!!! And I also think Draco Malfoy will be okay with Harry someday.
Another idea: What do you think about that all Marauders will be dead at the end of the books?!

Danistar
Maybe they both Voldemort and Harry will die?

IBTonks
poss....i dunno how that wud happen tho.....maybe snape tries to save harry....casts avada kadavra and volde but at the same time volde casts the same spell at harry so both die at the same time??? i dunno.....and is it me or do i have an obsession wiv the idea that snape is gonna play a big part at the end!!!!

Kristina
Yeah, you could be right. Snape has been already mentioned in the first book but he has never been anything but the one everybody hates. I think it's time for a change!!!

IBTonks
exactly! thankyou Kristina! lmao!i really hope he saves harry, or dies saving him in someway! i really think it wud make a great ending for im to play that kinda part!

Kristina
Yes...and maybe we'll get the explanation why he's such an KDZGHJNKLL!!!!!! Can't find words for that! I mean, in Malfoy's case it's clear, think of the attitude of his whole family...but Snape?! But I like him, he's such a cool character, I like his sarcasm ;-)
Maybe that doesn't fit in here but since I'm talking about families... Do you think James and Sirius have been friends from the very beginning on?! I don't think so! Cause...Sirius has just heard his parent's attitude in his childhood... I reckon that he was quite alike Malfoy in his first year and then something important happened (I want to know what!!!) and Sirius changed positions...just as a thought! So maybe Malfoy will also change?!

IBTonks
possibly ! interestin thought! u've got me thinkin now!!! but then ,sirius has never really been the bad guy!....if it was someone like snape, then it's more beliveable......but sirius? i dunno!

IBTonks
i cud be wrong tho!

Lily Evans
Snape is gonna die....Snape is gonna die...hopefully
*lily jumps around celabrating snapes soon to be death*

IBTonks
nooooooo i like snape! i think his characters great! theres so much mystery about him, so much we don't know.....theres obviously a softer side of him and i wanna see more!!!

Linkalicious
I agree with the Tonker, Snape will die doing sacraficing himself to save Harry. And Lily, don't cry it's just a book, maybe the ending will change the 2nd time you read it through. =)

nephalim27
I don't know if it was mentioned, but nothing and I mean nothing is meaningless in a Harry Potter book. Neville was mentioned for a reason. I don't know why.

Lily Evans
Wow you guys just burst my bubble but you are right...in some freakish way.big grin

Kristina
Yeah, Neville must bementioned for a reason. I think he will have a very strong connection to Harry in the future books sinceLestrange (nearly) killed the most loved persons of both - Sirius and Neville's parents. And I'm convinced Snape will have a keyrole in the entire story as he was mentioned so early, described so well and is so mysterious. And I really want to know why he never becomes DADA techer!!!!!!!!

IBTonks
lol! i agree wiv eveything just said, except for the whole neville thing. i mean yeah maybe he may play a slightly bigger part later on, but i don't think he has anything to do with the prophecy.......i will be really dissapointed if he does, it's not his life were reading about it's harry;s

hotsauce6548
yeah...

Kristina
Right...but his character improved quite a lot, so he will have to do something useful in the future books! I also don't think that he has anything to do with the prophecy, but his role is pretty important for the entire Lestrange thing.

IBTonks
yeah! i wud just hate it if he were to face voldemort wiv harry, caus it aint his fight! :P

Lily Evans
I...er...ummm...Lets see what if Dumbledore let Harry keep doing the DA meetings with who ever whats to go......Did I already say that???

jcbernier
check out my website for my own speculation on this!

It could just as easily have been Neville whose mother died for him as Harry's. Obviously she didn't go insane until sometime well after Neville was born.

jcbernier

IBTonks
but Nevilles mum aint died....they're in Mungo's...aren't they?

Kristina
Yes, they are...but talking about that...why did Bellatrix attack them?! I mean, okay, she likes destroying other peoples' lifes, but apart from that...Did she REALLY have to or did she just want to kill everyone she could from the Order?!

jcbernier
Yes. I was saying that all the circumstances which befell Harry could just as easily have happened to Neville.

jcbernier

jcbernier
One assumes it was under Voldemort's orders and may be explained and / or expounded upon in future books.

jcbernier

IBTonks
o i c sorry! and heres a thing...it can' have been nevilles prophecy...caus voldemort hasn't marked him as his equal...nor has he kiled his parents...it wasn't him that attacked them, it was lestrange....

Lily Evans
Well there has to be a reason that his mum and dad still live...

IBTonks
but what wud that reason be....if voldemort wanted to kill them he wud have, not left them alive.....

ada
Hey guys will u help me?! This is guna sound really stupid but, i read an interview with JKR, and she sed that, "Harry keeps escaping from Voldemort because he has a power that Voldemort does not understand. And we all know wat that power is." What the F**K is that power?????

Antaraka
lol im guessing the power of hope and love, or something of the sort you know. Probably love, because thats what I can picture voldemort having none of, and Harry, having. Because his mom died out of love for harry, making that energy of love run through him protected him from voldi. Thats what I think at any rate.

jcbernier
Love is what took down Voldemort in the beginning, but hasn't he now gotten around that? He used Harry's blood in his rejuvenation bath when he got his body back in book four. I wonder how JKR will handle that issue?

jcbernier
h t t p : / / j c b e r n i e r . w s
[email protected]

jcbernier
I also find myself wondering if Harry will have any family / love / blood protection with the Dursleys any longer, and if not, then what?

jcbernier

josh012
well i heard that theres gunna be a 8th book about harrys life after hogwarts

josh012
so i don think he will die

Luna150
well i think you heard wring. no offense. Cuz for j.k to say that then that means harry wont die and she wont rule out tht possibility

LegolasIsMyMan
I think it will be close, i have hope he wont die, but then again, you have to think about it, it is ment for him and voldermort to fight to the death, and Harry might not be able to stand it. I want him to live, but theres always that lil bit of doubt.

bLooMiLiCioUs
but if harry dies,wldn't vlddemort live?i mean,cuz the prophecy says - ONE shall die right?

LegolasIsMyMan
Yep that would mean voldermort lives, but there is also Neville*sp* who can kill Voldermort also. There is alot of ways that this could end.

bLooMiLiCioUs
*prays*
dun let him die!!!!

burlyman
but, didnt harry die in book 1?

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing burly u're so cutebig grinbig grinyeah he died but you know what for sum reasonhe came back to life and actually is a vampire now like us *bares fangs*devil

LegolasIsMyMan
Umm, ok, that is a lil off, but it's ok

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing a LITTLE???big grinbig grin

IBTonks
i'm still confused as to where the hell u got the whole harry dying in book one from!!!! and also, i know this sounds really harsh.....but i kinda want harry to die.....you get soooo many films/books wiv the 'hero' in and they always survive....y can't they die for once....no -one will be expecting it, therefore it will make a really dramatic ending and have a real impact on all the fans! but it wid have to be a real amazing ending, wiv voldemort also dying....caus then it wud be pointless if he survived!!!!!! i dunno!!! am i evil?

Linkalicious
harry's never died...not in the book and not in the movie. That's why he's still alive in book 5, people are just freaks and don't think before they type.

bLooMiLiCioUs
:laug: hey it was a joke no hard feelingsbig grinbig grin

Linkalicious
oh i wasn't commenting on you bloom...i was commenting on the original post. I find that you and I rarely disagree on things, and i'll probably never foster hard feelings towards you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DenDen42
I do not understand why there are people that think that if Harry kills Voldemort then he will die. The reason why Voldemort did not die when his curse back fired was because he said he had taken precautions and done certain things where he could not die. Also, Harry still has love for people, such as Hermione, Ron, and Dumbledore, so he will not lack and love or caring. But I think that Neville will play a part in helping Harry defeat Voldemort, but he wont kill him. Also, for some reason I feel that Dumbledore will sacrifice himself to save Harry, in book seven, and that will lead to Voldemort actually diein, or whatever is worst then death.

DenDen42
I also agree with the poeple that feel that Neville will be better in magic this year, he will have more confidence then before. I just dont think he will be in potions because he was very poor in that area and he probably did not get an owl in that.

Linkalicious
i feel like either Snape will sacrafice himself for Harry to show that there aren't any hard feelings. Or dumbledore will sac himself in order to give Harry an extension on life so he can fight another day. To me Either 1 is a possibility, but it's gotta be atleast one of them...

IBTonks
i really want to c snapes softer side...i want to see him fight by harry's side to help.save him....

DenDen42
You would think that after all that Snape has went through that he would realize that there are more important things then keeping a school boys grudge. I hope that sooner or later he drops the grudge and judges Harry, not Harry's dad.

IBTonks
i totally agree!

Ariadne
Snape obiously didn't have a very good childhood from his memories though, but it seems like there must be someone in there who can forgive and forget and be nice, even if he is already on the good side. I think that Snape and his grudges and such will be very important in the future though.

DenDen42
Reading the prophecy it makes me wonder if voldemort and Harry are completely immortal if they team up together. because harry has to kill voldermort, or voldemort has to kill harry. so if neither kill each other, then they can not be killed until another prophecy comes along. so does that also mean that only voldemort could kill harry. maybe harry is untouchable, so the death eaters can not kill him. just a thought.

IBTonks
possible! i c where ur coming from....y does the prophecy say that only harry can kill voldemort and vica verca...unless it does mean that either are immortal while the other is alive.

Linkalicious
Immortal? Ok...they can both die of old age so how are they immortal? maybe you guys are looking for the word UNSTOPPABLE or UNBEATABLE...sry to get so technical

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>