A story with no name...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drunk_nazgul
Okay, guys and girls, this is some of a story written by Shadowskill and I. Tell me if you like it.
smile

---------------------------

Jessica rolled over and opened her eyes. She was staring straight at the silent alarm clock, which read 9:46 A.M.
Oh, no! Jess thought. I'm gonna be late!
She threw her warm covers into the floor and jumped out of bed, hurrying toward the closet.
"Good thing I packed my stuff last night..."

At 10:01 she pulled out of her paved driveway in a yellow Subaru Baja, slapping on makeup as she went. When she had finally tugged her hair back into a messy ponytail, Jessica whipped out her cell phone and called her mom, being careful not to hit a pedestrian dog while dialing.
"Hey, Mom," she said. "I'm on my way to pick up Beth and Nellie."
As she closed in on the bottom of the mountain, she had to hold the phone away from her ear.
"AND DON'T FORGET TO FLOSS!"
Jess could still hear her mom wailing orders, and they were two miles apart.
"Mom..." she tried, "mom... Mommy! HEY!"
Silence.
"I'll be fine for two weeks..." she replied solidly.
Nearing Elizabeth Songhai's drive, Jess ended the conversation.
"I'll call you when we get on the cruise ship. Alright, so I'll call you sometime before that. Okay, bye."

Elizabeth was waiting when Jessica pulled up. She ran out to the Baja, throwing her suitcases into the backseat. She herself hopped into the back, as giddy as a toddler. Jessica made sure Beth put on her seat belt.
"I can't believe we actually won that contest!" Beth screeched. "I'll never be able to quit shaking!"
Jess waved a goodbye to Jane, Elizabeth's mom. Then she switched gears to reverse and gently pressed the gas pedal with her big toe. Her restless friend in the back began sighed.
"Jess, hurry!" she howled. "Do you want to get to th hotel by midnight or what?!"
"Okay, fine!" Jessica answered, pressuring the gas pedal with more force. The Baja jerked ten feet backward and stopped just before it rammed into a ditch. Jessica switched gears again and sped off down the road. Jane could only stand on the porch shaking her head.
"I'll be surprised if she makes it back in one piece..." she whispered, and went back inside.

drunk_nazgul
I'm really frustrated!!!!!! I just lost everything I was writing and I'll have to re-type the last two parts I was trying to put in just now. What is up with this system? Okay, here goes...

---------------------------------------------

Elizabeth talked all the way to Natalie Carson's house. In fact, Jessica made a pit stop and attempted to leave Beth sitting at the Hardee's. Finally, Nellie shut her back door (quietly, since her sisters were asleep) and bounced down the steps, carrying her green sport bags. They were probably full of writing tablets, cameras, and autograph books. Her friends knew this, so as soon as she clambered into the passenger seat, they began asking questions.
"How many notebooks?"
"Four spiral and two loose-leaf."
"How many cameras?"
"Five."
"How many autograph books?"
"Six."
Jess and Beth only stared.
"Hey," Natalie defended."A Lightbulb Music Summer Cruise? Pop stars galore!"
"Did you bring your laptop?"
"Of course, now are we leaving or not?"
At once, the Baja was packed, and the three seventeen-year-olds were down the highway, leaving Whitwell, Tennessee. Maybe they should have taken a better look at their hometown, for it would be the last time they would see it for a long while.

-----------------------------------

Okay, that was cool, but this is where it gets interesting. Shadowskill wrote this part.

-----------------------------------
~~~

"Yeah, thanks for rigging it so they'd win, Boss," came a voice from the video phone.
"It's quit simple, Morris," replied a sleepy, gruff Canadian accent. "If those girls had won, they'd be sure to take you, their boyfriends. My only hope is that those girls don't find out anything too soon. From what you and Nunley report, these three girls are notorious for solving mysteries."
"Thanks again, Boss. We won't fail you."
"No, you won't."
The screen went black. The Man rolled his chair away from the monitor.
"You won't," he repeated.
"Blaster!" yelled a voice.
"What is it, Roper?"
"There's a hurricane near Jamaica," answered Blaster's dark-skinned, short-haired brother.
Blaster looked concerned for a split second, then, "So?"
"Just thought you'd like to know; it could interfere with the plan."
"Well, I know!" shouted Blaster. "So go away! Give me some peace, already!"
Roper ducked out of range of the dagger Blaster chucked at him. The blade sank deep into the wall.
This plan is fool proof... almost. And Morris and Nunley are just the kinds of fools to mess it up,thought Blaster. Their butts are on the line this time. If they so much as stick one toe out of procedure...
He imagined feeding them to his three crocodiles.
"Heh heh," he laughed quietly.

--------------------------------

Well...? Do you guys like it?

StrgzrCndyPixie
yeah it kool

drunk_nazgul
All right, Shadowskill, give them a brief summary of the rest of the story up until notebook 4.

Shadowskill
Why me? What kinda summary? The cocaine rock, the sinking, BLACKIE DYING?!?!?! Cody Knight...? That kinda stuff?
*drools* Seto love

drunk_nazgul
Yes... everything. Dakota Knight. Okay, remember about the stops they made on the cruise...

Shadowskill
Okay... a brief summary...
On the second... or third night... anyway, one of those days, the cruise ship, the Stardom, got blown off course by a hurricane. The ship hit a humongous rock, ripping a hole in the hull. Thus, the ship sank. The survivors, the three girls, their boyfriends, the 2 bands, and, unbeknownst to them, Dakota Knight, survive and swim for a small island they hadn't noticed before.
They all meet, well except for Cody, and seek refuge together. That is until Natalie and Jessica are separated and meet up with the legendary Dakota Knight. J.J. and Ed betray the others and take them to the Boss's camp where they are treated as prisoners.
Meanwhile the famous dancer/singer Tabitha White and her backup dancer LeAnne are beached somewhere in Brazil but are shipped off to Montego Bay with Nerian Apocca and his family when the hurricane moves over them.
Also meanwhile..., Ed and J.J. go to find Natalie and Jessica; Ed finds a hole... and falls in it... J.J. and another dude find the girls and Cody. He attempts to kill them but ends up blasting Nellie's stuffed turtle, Tidbit, to smithereens.

sleep
You tell the rest Greenleaf...

drunk_nazgul
Eh...
After that... HEY! You have the fourth notebook.
Alright....
HEY! You have all the other notebooks, too!

Shadowskill
Fine, Dagonnet!!! Oaky, here's what happened...

Dakota Knight, a champion duelist (Yu-Gi-oh!), loses his rare card to a thief name Keith... (I hate poetry) Anyway, Keith steals Cody's card and all through the story, he senses that it's gone, but he can't prove anything. All this time, he's stuck with these two girls, trying to find a way out of the jungle.
The bands, Elizabeth, and Jessica's boyfriend Clay, are held captive in a shed, in which they escape, thanks to Beth's bobby pin... Ed catches them (Keith pulled him outta the hole) and takes them to the boss, Eggbert Rudolph Twinkle laughing out loud , aka Blaster_86. In other words, they be in deep sh*t...

Okay Greenleaf, you can write s'more

drunk_nazgul
You still have the notebooks. I expect I won't be getting them until Monday.

drunk_nazgul
Alrighty, so, it sounds pretty boring. But ideas are coming around and I think I got a name for the story with no name... And I've designed a cover for the book.

Shadowskill
Okay, DN was gonna post this (she did write it after all) but since I have the notebook...

"Bring Roper to me," commanded Blaster_86.
Keith left the hut and went off toward the communications tent, gun raised.
The flap was lifted unveiling all the computers and most of the electronics of the base. Inside, Sean Roper was sitting before a computer with his headphones on.
"The boss told you to get your bum over to his shack twenty minutes ago, Roper!" barked Keith.
Roper continued working, unaware Keith was even standing behind him.
Keith pointed the gun at the ceiling and fired a shot.
Roper jumped. He pulled his headphones off; Rock msic was blaring.
"I'm shot!" cried Sean. He did a dramatic dance and fell to the ground.
"Get up you idiot!" yelled Keith. "The boss wants to see."
Roper doggedly lifted himself from the soil and gravel floor, following Keith as he strode outside. Workers scuttled about the base, glancing momentarily at the bandit and his new prisoner. He understood why they were worried. Everyone on the island had been tense and ready to spring since the shipwreck only a short week before.

I know this isn't a good place to stop, but my fingers are hurtin'!

drunk_nazgul
Okay, I'll post something of Eva and some of Tamika and Suzy.

"Sean..." Suzy began carefully. "Are you sure we have Morris's son on this island? I men, we don't wanna murder an innocent person..."
"Yeah, he's here," Sean replied.
"And that check... it's a whole twenty-six hundred?"
"Yup..."
"And what about..."
Sean slammed his fist on the table, causing Tamika and her mother to jump back in surprise.
"Look, I'm busy, so you should really leave me alone..."
Suzy peeked at Sean's pistol, lying on the desk, and remembered his history of high-school shootings. She took her daughter's hand and rushed off toward Blaster's shack. Finally, Roper was left to look up the wreck of Stardom on the Web.
As the page came up, a wide smile spread across Sean's face.
"Investigators still confused about Shipwreck"
He scrolled down the article, reading attentively.
"Hmmm... Let's see here... They suspect the ship wrecked near Cuba; Divers have spotted nothing but a large sock floating near shoreline; Quit working soon because of war..."
At once, there was a rustle in the bushes behind him.
"I have something to tell you," came a voice.

That's all for now.

Shadowskill
How come I don't remember that? Anyways, here's some of mine:
Stranded with countless others and two missing from the ranks, it's crucial for them to find shelter. But tragedy strikes when Jessica and Natalie are separated and J.J. and Scott turn out to be on the bad side.
All hope lies with Jessica's oldest brother and the Sheriff of Valdosta as they travel all over the Caribbean in search of the shipwreck. Little do any of them know, the island is a cover-up for a drug smuggling ring.
Join the crew as they search for a way to get off Blaster's Island and weather the Caribbean Cruise.

I'm hoping this might make it to the back of the book when it is published...

drunk_nazgul
A continuation of the ..."only a short week before..." post.

----------------

Keith had put away his gun and was working at an unlit cigarette.
"Where's the mother of a lighter?" he grumbled.
A stout Jamaican guard crouched near the Humvee, trying to drag a red, oversized gas can toward it. The can lugged along, bouncing slightly over gravel and dirt. It suddenly hit a small upturned boulder and flipped upside-down, the cap bursting off and the contents spilling everywhere.
"Sh..." the guard cursed through clenched yellow teeth. He grappled with the can again, turning it upright, but it was now only half-full. The gasoline trickled down his arms and over his battle scars. The guard began to scream in agony. More gasoline puddled under the Humvee in streams.
Other Jamaicans ran to help the guard, but Keith held up a hand as he closed in on the incident. Nobody moved except the guard, tears rolling down his face.As the Bandit stopped to examine the scene, his face twisted into a scowl. Then he remembered his cigarette and brought his other hand out of his pocket.
It held the lighter. Keith rolled back the switch and a small flame peeped out of the top. A few men gasped and backed quickly away. Sean's sweating face went unnoticed. Keith lit his cigarette slowly, but did not close the lid on the lighter.
Finally, Sean's breath came back, and he snapped, "Are you stupid? Put that thing away!"
"Why should I?" was Keith's reply. "You're just a dumb Canadian, I'm not gonna do..."
He was silenced by Roper's fist. The Bandit stumbled backward and landed beside the guard. His thumb had never left the lighter switch. The ground ignited, the fire trapping Keith and the guard in their last moments.

--------------

No offense to any Canadians... it's the only thing that would make Sean mad enough.

drunk_nazgul
And... if ya didn't notice, Shadow changed Ed's name to Scott... love

drunk_nazgul
Okay, now Jessica's big brother has found the island, with the help of Joey and Taylor King, two helicopter pilots. He has a Sheriff at his side and they've all left the helicopter on the beach of this uncharted island after asking for coordinates. They know someone's there because they picked up the transmission of a nearby phone... a fishy message...
Here goes...
Characters

Paul (Jess's bro)
Sheriff George Jenkins of Florida
Joey and Taylor King

Joey king stopped walking. His path had ended abruptly at a tiny cave in the heart of the jungle. He entered with caution, motioning for everyone else to stay outside.
"Wait," Sheriff Jenkins implied, fumbling with his pistol. "Take this."
He wrenched the stubborn gun from its sheath and tossed it to Joey. The pilot disappeared into the cavern beyond. After seeing him go, Taylor turned and searched the mud around the fire pit for some clue as to where the girls went. A new trail of prints came into view leading out of the clearing. They were fresh. Taylor swallowed hard against the tightness in his throat.
"We're not alone here, people," he announced.
Paul whirled to face the copilot. Glancing past his shoulder, he could discern two pairs of yellow eyes beyond the brush. At once the orbs were gone, like some haunting apparition of death. Paul could just see striped fur bolting from one bush to the next in the hazy noonday sunlight.
"Tigers," the sheriff said nonchalantly, leaning against the rim of the cave. "Wonder where they're goin' to..."
I get the feeling they have the same destination as we do," Taylor breathed, stepping forward to peer into the infinite growth of life.

Inside the damp cave, Joey clicked his brand new flashlight on and sought the far wall. He narrowed his eyes as he came upon a ragged pile of torn cloth and stuffing. He picked it up and dropped it again in disgust, flinging the spiders from his hands.
He held the sheriff's pistol at ready, cocking it and shining the flashlight into the unseen, ready for anything that came at him.
What came out of the shadows in the next instant was something he was clearly not expecting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.