Will a movie about The Hobbit be done ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Don't anyone duuh me because I'm not the world's biggest LOTR but I have appreciation for the movies.

Mormegil
Though I am not current with the Information, I can say this: If Peter Jackson doesn't make the Hobbit, I'm going to kick his (censored)! But anyway, the news as of a month ago is that Yes, he is going to make The Hobbit, I think for, like... 2006, or something like that. Other people should know more.

nazgulinthedark
i had no idea he was going to make anyother movies lotr related besides the rotk, so it's news to me

Lord_Andres
if only he would have made The Silmarilion

Exa
Id also like a film of the Silmarillion, I think, but that's too difficult. The character of the book isnt the best for a film... far too much happens.

Cowboyography
PJ said he was tired of Tolkien and would probably pass the torch, his next project of course is King Kong!!!
if you havent heard about it yet I will post you as link shortly, it should be good, given PJ's history of horror.

xenitegaladriel

Exa
A hobbit trailer? Now?!?!?

feanorlp
It was a spoof...

Lord_Andres
whats a spoof?

Exa
fake

Joseph_Kerr
It was a fan made trailer. All of the Dragon scenes are from Dragon Slayer, which was made in the mid 80's.

Lord_Andres
k

Arwenishott
there already was a hobbit movie............and PJ said that if they decide to make one, he will not direct it.

Joseph_Kerr
What Hobbit Movie? There has never been a Hobbit Movie.. only the 70's cartoon version.

BackFire349
I'm sure they will eventually.

LanceWindu
Actually there is a 1999 cartoon of it as well if I am not mistaken.

Lord_Andres
and there was also a cartoon made in the 80's

Joseph_Kerr
Seriously? I am not aware of either a cartoon in the 80's or 90's... do you know where these can be found?

Arwenishott
i was talkin bout the cartoon one.

badkittykitty
when i was a kid my brother loved Tolkien and watched the hobbit over and over,I didnt get it...but I have completely changed my mind wink

AnakinFan
Peter Jackson did want to make the Hobbit. At first he said he was tired of doing Tolkein but then in an article on Coming Soon, he said he tried to get the rights to make The Hobbit. However the Tolkein family will not grant him the rights. PJ said the movie was mired up in red tape and he gave up on the idea.

I could be wrong but I really don't think we need a 3rd version of King Kong. Personally I thought the first 2 were stupid. We are talking gorillas here folks. The gentle giants that are almost extinct, getting the hots over a female human.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.