Leaking sink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChinaNiki
mad my stupid sink is leaking, but it only leaks sometimes. which of course is never when i tell the maintenance staff it is leaking, so then i end up looking like an idiot mad

Tied Hiker
What do you mean the sink is leaking, you mean the faucet?

Tied Hiker
Here's what you do, all right. You take the palm your hand and you Karate chop the faucet and break it off the sink. This way they have to fix it. And when they tell you they suspect foul play, you just tell them this. A dragon came through the window and landed on the sink and tore the faucet off after almost torching the whole place with it's fire breath.

BackFire349
tie a towel around the nozzel.

Tied Hiker
Somebody slap me!

Tied Hiker
BONG!!!!!! big grin

ChinaNiki
it was the hose hook up from the boiler that was leaking and i don't know enough chinese to say a dragon broke it

mechmoggy
One of those flexible pipe fittings?

Turn the water supply to the heater off, drain all the water in the tank, take off the fitting and apply plenty of PTFE tape clockwise around the thread. Then re-attach the sucker and turn the water supply back on. If its still leaking you need a new pipe fitting.

If you were a bit nearer, I'd come do it for you Niki.

yerssot
drip drip

ChinaNiki
thanks mm, i wish you were closer and i wish i knew how to say "plumber's tape" in Chinese, but they probably call it something different. I think i'll just invest in a nice pail to catch the water cuz now it's worse than when the maintenance guy supposedly fixed it. at least there is a drain in the floor so i don't get flooded. my neighbor says our maintenance crew is sorta useless and i believe he's right cuz on top of the sink leaking my door lock came right out of the handle and that was 'fixed' by puting what looks like and even older door knob and lock on it. i feel like if i lock it, i'll pull this one out too trying to get it unlocked.

Nivvy
Nothing worse to keep you awake in the middle of the night....

Then a leaking sink yes

ChinaNiki
well, i'm lucky there cuz i can't here it with the bedroom door shut

LanceWindu
I'd sleep as far away from the sink as possible, that way the sound wouldn't get to me...wink

ChinaNiki
my neighbor makes more noise than the sink. fortunately he's usually playing some really good reggae remix, so it's cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.