best pic of shelob yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
this is the best pic I have seen of the Spider from the trailer, Many have speculated that this could possibly be an offspring of Shelob, in hopes that she is much bigger, However the scene looks really well done!

Exa
I love that pic
I also think that's not Shelob... but however looks cool cool

Cowboyography
Its hard to say, It looks like there may be a lot more body around the corner there that we dont see.
TTT book says that Shelob has offspring spread all across middle earth, however it also said that she would kill any of her Kin that would dwell within her Lair.

Sifer
I really think some people are idiots. Have you see the SIZE of that ***** smile Everyone is complaining she is too small around the web. OMFG That is just her ****in head FFS. If you look towards the top left of her, you can see one of her back legs and OMFG it is like a tree trunk. Not to mention we have yet to see her "shakin that ass" and that is gonna be J-Lo stylee, I guarantee it.

Corlindel
smile)

Corlindel

Exa
Thats right but I just dont think PJ would show Shelob in the trailer... would be cool if this is just one of her offsprings big grin but this one is big enough to be Shelob.

turin
well here is a size comparison. she looks pretty big to me. i highly doubt it is one of her offspring.

Exa

Aragorn#1
I think it is her cuz if you see the trailer than you cant really see her cuz it goes so fast but i think thats a hint to the public from PJ of what she looks like. But i thought she would be bigger cuz even men fear her but you never know size isnt always the thing

Aragorn#1
oh ya awsome pic!!

Smodden
i heard that in the movie, sheelob was going to be the size of a "ford taurus" i think i heard that in one of the movie books the pic looks prety close, it could be one of her child, in the book i think it said the mirkwood spiders were kin to her, is that right?

ilvorlandobloom
wow, i just now noticed the part behind her head, and she is BIG. i think its definitely her cuz if it was her offspring, she would have eaten it by now.

Dejio
By looking at the picture, (thanks Turin for the size comparison) it seems to me that Shelob is indeed smaller than what i expected her to be. Remember, Frodo is a hobbit (i.e. small) Shelobs body may just be a little over as tall as a man. That wouldn't be too frightening. Wargs would be scarier in packs.

I agree with Exa in saying that Peter jackson would never show Shelob in trailers... i hope. : )

Cowboyography
her body does look huge, however without the glowing Stomach shot we wont know if this is Shelob until December, and where the hell is sam during this scene?

Joseph_Kerr
That's just her head folks.. we haven't even seen the body yet. So give Shelob a chance. smile

Smodden
totaly agree with Joseph_Kerr give shelob and pj a chance, pj hasn't let us down so far...

and dejio! u mean to tel me that a spider taller than a man woudn't be very frightning!?!! do you mean frightning to a hobbit or to the audience watching the movie?

Lord_Andres
I don't think she looks so fat or big, if that whould have been, Borormir or an urukhai, she whould defently have looked alot smaller

turin
like mr kerr said, thats just the head, the thorax (i beleive thats the word for it) is still behind the rock. plus she is in a tunnel so she is probably hunkered down (sloutching). its going to be awesome!

Lord_Andres
hope so

Lord_Andres
oh ya happy birthday turin

Dejio
Well Smodden, it WOULD be frightening to the hobbit or the audience (I myself, who is terrified of spiders, would have fainted on the spot!) But that's not the point. The point is that she's smaller than what most people perceived she would be.

But I agree with you in saying that PJ hasn't let us down so far. And I don't think he will in ROTK. So if this is indeed Shelob or not, it wouldn't matter; I would definitely still enjoy watching every minute of ROTK!

Amandil
It's gotta be Shelohb, and I'm sure it is a lot bigger than we all can tell from this pic.

turin
thanks lord andres! ya i think she is going to be much larger then people think she looks from the trailer.

Smodden
i hope so...

Exa
bout the topic... I also liked the other pic of Shelobs Lair where we can just see kinda her shadow, and the whole pic is in a blue color... looks cool cool

Orli'sElf7
pretty good for a CG creature. i hope it looks realer in the movies lol. i wish there was some way to make CG things look a little more realistic though : /

badkittykitty
yeah i just seen this trailer with the spider awesome,I hoped it would have in the end of tt but the RotK is going to be the bombhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/blowup.gif

Orli'sElf7
where've you seen the trailer???i havent seen it yet. lol nice siggy i love stitch!!! hawaiian pride!! (and yes, i am ^_^)

badkittykitty
haha love your reply wink I seen the trailer today when I went to see kill bill.

Dejio
badkittykitty, it's gonna be the finale to end all finales.
(cute smilies there)

Hypernova
AL smile

Bloomheadgirl
Dunno how I'm gonna get throught ROTK, Arachnaphobic.....Shelob would give me nightmares, it could be Shelob in the pic...all you can really do is be patient and wait......hehe....can't do it

~*Tanya

OrliNElijahsGrl
i truly believe that THAT is shelob, i mean look at her! AMAZING! Theres alot more to her than what we can see in the trailers and pics, im sure shes bigger than that...the body shows like shes huge! If its her offspring, then wow..that would be awesome too, and id be thrilled to see how big shelob is, but im highly convinced its shelob! Wow! what a amazing job! Im real scared of spiders though, but shelob looks ABSOULUTLY stunning!

woooooooo excitement builds! BRING ON DECEMBER!!!

TrixStar
So you people are saying that if you saw a spider that big you wouldnt have the crap scared out of you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ROTK_Rocks
I think that it is just the right size.....I mean you don't want PJ to go too far and make this huge giant 100 ft. tall......i think that it makes it clear in the books that it is a "huge spider".....WHICH IT IS...........i think he did a good job on it.

Verity
Yuck that is sooo disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who says she's too small? You can clearly see the rear end of the Spider is coming around the corner, by one of the legs! Isn't that the biggest part of a spider??http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/fear.gif

BOPRecruit 16
those pix are doing wonders to my tiny spider fear. i can just picture myself freaking out when i see that scene...lol

Exa
Lol Tolkien also was arachnophobic since one spider bit him in africa when he was a child...

Somebody official already stated that this was Shelob, or at least her head.

AC_Newt
PJ may have just put a shelob offspring there to make us think it was real and then when we see the real huge shelob we will be shocked to see it is different

shadow link
yeah the original one is this lady that turned herself into a spider and bread with all the other spiders in the cave then all her offspring spread around middle earth

but i dont think thats shelobs offspring coz it doesnt say nothiun about that in the book

Exa
It was already confirmed that this IS Shelob.

szhismine
that's Shelob. smile we can see a glimpse of her thorax from behind. what we see is just her head.

i'm pretty good with perceptions, and she is big!! eek!

AC_Newt
Look at this new pic of sam vs. shelob it shows her size a bit better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.