The Q&A creation of the Matrix forum! (Please read)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

JediHDM
For the first question, there are two possible answers; yes or no.
1) Yes. The outer world, ie the world that contains Zion and 01, is the real world, no more programmed realities, no more matrices outside this one. Neo's ability to stop the Sentinels is explained by saying that Neo's Mind touched the SOURCE, so that he can now control them, much like the Agents can control them.
2) No. The outer world, ie the world which contains Zion and 01, is not real, it is another programmed reality, similar to the matrix. Neo's ability to stop the Sentinels, and the Oracle's knowledge of Neo not being able to sleep, are major reasons this theory came about.

THis list is nowhere near exhaustive, but is a very short summary of the two opposing views.

Ushgarak
You should probably add that some people think it was a coincidental EMP burst (but the latest trailer has buggered that) and some people think that the One can indeed develop real world superpowers and some people think it is something to do with Smith. Those are the theee subsidiary theories we hear, with those two Jedi listed as the main ones.

JediHDM
well, the ability of Neo to stop the sentinels is also thought to be because of his "connection" to Smith, that i think through Smith, he can control them. And i had forgotten about the other two. Thank you Ush.

Sifer
No accidental EMP burst at all - Watch the new Trailers smile It IS Neo stopping them = Fact big grin

JediHDM
Sifer> We are just listing theorys, for the new ppl, not arguing about them...or at least can we finish listing, BEFORE we argue? I wanna finish it before it gets so far outta hand...

Sifer
I wasn't arguing I was stating a fact. This is a Q&A after all - There is a question - I gave the answer. What I DIDN'T give an answer to is HOW Neo can do it smile

Ushgarak
I did actually SAY that the new trailer buggered that, Sifer. And Jedi is right, we are compiling here. We can point out that this theory is no good when we put up the final list.

FallenForever
Ok, im not saying this is what i think or anything (in fact i do not think so), but in answer to question 4), someone said they think neo can control the sentinels because he is also a program or machine. i dont like this theory, but if we are just listing i wanted to add it.

Crash_Overload
You forgot, as most threads open, Smith and cookie. (no, I will NEVER get over that)

Korri
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shocking.gif Omega how..how could u..u forgot the cookie!!!

Dryden
i like peanut butter

dave123
Happy Dance

The Omega

Matrix_4_ever
i dont mean to sound like a doofer but wats a cookie??

Korri
ooooooh ok then i appoligise *gives Omega a cookie*

burlyman
aah http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/chef.gif the cookie

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

JediHDM
alright, im back ppls, i ws working on an Engl. proj, but i am now finished, so i am back!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.