slasher vs, phsycological

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
what is a better horro movie u thinka slasher movie jason freddy myers etc... or a pshcyological movie that messes with ur mind like silence of the lambs the ring and the sixth sense i personal like to watch slasher mvoeis more but i get actully a lil scared by the psycho ones but slasher movies never get me scared its the ones that make u think that get u

Cowboyography
Would Henry/Last house be Pshycological or slasher? those are the scary movies I think.

grymlock
slasher movie is fun to watch... it's like enjoying but talking about pshycological is different coz it's play with your mind/head... when you watch movie like silence of the lambs you have to think thru the whole movie and it will mess up your mind....

cheers mate!!

Evil Dead
Psychological is better............................Slasher's are fun to watch just for some quick pointless violence...................

BackFire349
I prefer the horror movies that combine aspects of both those sub-genres, like TCM and Henry - Portrait of a Serial killer.

As a whole, psychological is usually better.... That and exploitation.

Lord_Andres
I like slasher better, they are much cooler, and fun to watch

DeNiro
if i am at blockbuster in the horror section if i feel like i want to be scared i will rent a movie that messes with ur mind if i want entertainment then i will rent a slasher movie but i wont rent a slasher mvoie that isnt notable because the slasher moie of the old days like jason and freddy etc r much better all the other movies r ripp offs of the ones that made the slasher movies good

lil bitchiness
Psychological...they have better ability to scare than the slashers....like EvilDead said.....theey are more like pointless violence rather than scary!

BackFire349
Nothing wrong with the occasional pointless violence though

Espantada20
I can't say which is better,I can just say that I prefer pschological to slasher.Just cause they scare me more.

pablo007
I love both, as long as the psychological's pace isn't too slow.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i like psychological

DeNiro
i like em both but i usally go for the slasher movie

Espantada20
Yeah sometimes if the pschological thriller makes you think too hard or doesnt get to the point soon enough you get lost.But I like 'em either way,unless it doesnt make any sense at all like some that ive seen

h0ck3yh0rr0r
sometimes is fun to watch pointless violence but i like more movies with meaning.

DeNiro
or pointells nudity is always good

Espantada20
Nudity is always good.All for the full frontal.hee hee hee

jimbo25
Come on now--we all know that a movie can not be great unless it has graphic language, nudity and violence! wink
I think psychological is definitely the best. Nothin' wrong w/ a good slasher flick, but if I want to be scared(which does not come easy to me from a movie), I watch a psy movie. One that has both is good too.

slayer
I like em' both I don't get scared easily but i must say phychological horrors r scari-er but still not all that scary.

SaTsuJiN
I like psychological for the most part but have a few slasher scenes where necessary to add impact to the creepyness. The scaryness to Alien was because you didnt see it most of the time, if it was a killfest the movie wouldnt be so known as a genre setter. Most people are afraid of what they cant see.

chico23
psychological tends to scare me more, but slasher is cool. If i could have my wish i would take both. smile

slayer
yeah they're both good! big grin

ragesRemorse
phsycological horror will always be more scary, but slasher will always be more fun

xblanex
It depends sometimes i like slasher more, plot and the killer make a big difference. Psychological is good, just cant be boring and slow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.