johnny williams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
id like to take a second to recognize john williams' music. every bit of his music is exhilerating beyond belief. studying his music, its amazing the way his scores are written. the way he studies the scene and analyses what type of music would best fit that certain scene is undoubtedly the best iv ever seen! roll eyes (sarcastic)

doesnt this guy look like he just got some?> Happy Dance

yerssot
that's why he gets lots of awards smile

mindbugaling
yup hes absolutley amazing!

mephistodesigns
he tends to repeat music though. i love the guy but you can totally spot sections from older movies in his more current ones. theres a section or two in the second Jurassic Park that sound like parts of ROTJ, its never main themes or anything. Its normally just the music thats like background just for mood. I know a lot of its stylistic, but sometimes its nearly note for note.
What's everyones favorite JW soundtrack?
I think I gotta go with Empire or Indy & the last crusade.

Doohass
Yeah, I have to agree with Meph. Those are my fav's also. It seems he comes up with stuff that fits what project he's working on perfectly.

mindbugaling
id have to say my favorite is ET, the piano theme at the end during the credits is absolutaly beautiful, my second fav. is the close encounters suite. he does repeat alot of things, i think its because hes getting kinda old and losing his 'umph' in some of his things. but he hasnt let me down in any of his themes

Lyn
I think this is a fantastic thread mindbugaling!! thumb up
John Williams is a GENIUS!! His themes are so memorable and are just pure magic!! But I know what you mean mephisto--I can "hear" when it's John Williams, not with the themes but yeah, the background stuff. I understand you there...
But yes, I must agree; JOHN WILLIAMS IS A GENIUS!!

mindbugaling
thanks Lyn; im glad that iv found people interested in johny, i thought i was alone with this subject

being a musician myself and studying his and other composers music over and over again, iv come to the conclusion that johnys is the most complex out of all of them, the way he uses orchestral echoeing is absolutaly amazing

Julie
Definately moving music

Doohass
the thing with his music is, when he makes a song for something like starwars, when you hear the Imperial March you actually can feel the evil in it. If that makes any sense...

Lyn
mindbugaling: Don't worry, we can be John William's fans together!! thumb up
His music is definitley amazing!!

Julie: I agree happy

Doohas: It makes PERFECT sense!!

mephistodesigns
I really love the Luke and Leia theme, it has always sounded to me, before the PT even, that it was full of great sadness. Not that they are always sad, but that the cirumstances around them are sad, as is their history (Meaning they're parents). Williams can definitely pull those emotional strings when he's really into a piece.

mindbugaling
he really moved me with the ET theme with the piano and the strings playing along to a chromatic piece that almost brought tears to my eyes when i went and saw the live production of the 20th anniversary performance. and how he snuck in a little bit of the darth vader theme at the end of anakins theme, that just left me in awe at whats possible with music. but the sad thing is that hes getting really old and his time is almost up, and when that day comes, i feel there will be a great deal of mourning

lex
john williams nuff said. my fav personal bits of jw's music would be 1.han and the princess(esb) 2.yoda's theme(esb) 3. duel of the fates(tpm)4.the force theme(sw) 5.superman the main theme 6.the planet krypton(superman) 7.imperial march(esb) 8.ce3k main theme 9.princess leia's theme(sw) 10. the asteriod field (esb) overall i generally love everything tha jw's has composed, imo, the superman soundtrack is very underrated and often overlooked.

mephistodesigns
hell yeah it is lex! i bought the two disc edition that was released when they all came out on DVD and it is SERIOUSLY underrated. Its definetly one of the best soundtracks anywhere. Now that 2-disc set was worth the money, unlike certain sony projects that aren't bad, but they aren't this good either. All the alternate versions, source music, and none of it interrupting the flow of the movie's music which is very smoothly cut together. I'd love an Ep1 and 2 like that!

Darth Hater
John Williams thumb up thumb up rock

Lyn
God!! I love you people!! happy thumb up Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.