A.I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
Is anyone as excited about seeing A.I as I am?, I know it opens on Friday, but I cant hardly contain myself! They have been showing all sorts of previews and clips on T.V, just adding to my agony! That reminds me, remember when Lucas showed a preview of Episode I 6 months before it opened?, that was just torturous! The six month wait was just cruel! I hope he doesn't do the same thing for Episode 2, I dont think I could take it! rolling on floor laughing

Jameous Woodshire
Yep, we will get a trailer by oct. so it should be another 6 mo wait wink

Still not sure about A.I. have to see it before I pass judgement on it.

Coreworld
As far as i've heard, you have to go into it with the mindset of seeing a Stanley Kubrick film, not a traditional Spielberg one, he has even gone as far as to set up shots as if Kubrick had done them. The trailer looks very good though.

JediOasis
I just got back from seeing the film, and all I can say is wow! This movie is one of the best films I've ever seen. Speilberg is amazing and Halley Joe Osmond was unbelievable. I give high praise to everybody involved in this movie.

Texas
I saw it yesterday, we'll today, it was over at 2:00am. I still dont know what to think, it was so weird! I'm going to need about 3 days to digest everything before I can truly say if I like it or not. How about that ending?, wasn't that just the most unexpected ending in cinematic history? Just when you think the movie ends, BANG, it just gets weirder. The special effects were far superior then TPM, and how about that Teddy, wasn't he just mesmerizing?, he's the R2D2 for the 21st century!!! smile or sad , sont know yet!!

Dim
I loved it...It's overwhelming..WOW eek!

ratcat
I saw some pictures from the film for the first time yesterday. I thought it was almost a remake of D.A.R.Y.L but now I think that I may have got it wrong.

queeq
WHY???????

WHY????????

WHY?????????

Why do I have to wait so long?????? mad

ratcat
One assumes this has some ludicrous releae date for the dutch market?

queeq
I don't know when it's going to be released, actually. I haven't heard anything about the movie here.

Texas
I can now say that this movie is close to genious, but not quite, maybe if Speilberg wasn't so sentimental and didn't drag out the ending, the movie could of been a masterpiece! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThaJackal
i seen the movie twice now, and i will say this is the best movie i have ever seen by speilberg or kubrick, and without a doubt one of the best movies i have ever seen, i loved teddy, david, and the ending.
the movie is just brilliant..
the plot, dilog, acting, directing, fx, everything is amazing.
oh an yes the fx blow episode 1 away... but hey theres always episode 2 lol
but this is the best movie of the year, and prolly of the past 10 years... i loved it...
this should sweep the oscars, including best actor, director, and fx's..

DD
I've seen the trailer and a few pics of it, but that's all I've seen. Still, I get the feeling it's my kind of film, so I shall go watch it when it's out over here.

<buddhabunny>
I take it the 'aliens' at the end are the evolved robots, who outlasted the human race. Opinions?

Texas
That's what I think, but still, I feel the movie should of ended underwater with David trapped under the ferris wheel, not two thousand years later.

finti
Saw a preview of it and it looked stupid. I m not gonna see it

Dim
But then the movie would have had not resolution..thus, no point. He had to have resolution..

And yes, the "aliens" were evolved robots.. At first I thought "oh god, this is going to suck" but when I realized what they were I thought it was really cool..because it was unexpected..

The reason I liked the end of the movie because it wasn't some Hollywood ending where everything works out just perfectly. David did have his wish come true..but it was at a price. I think it was the best way to do it.

ratcat
Thanks people, won't bother seeing that one now.

That's like the people who just had to tell you that Bruce Willis was actually a ghost in The Sixth Sense..... sad mad

Texas
We'll I dont, I think the movie had one big 'Hollywoodish' ending! Everything comes out to a sweet final resolution with him and his 'mom' going to sleep happily ever after, PLEASE, how typical! What price did David have to pay?, the narrator said that David stayed in the moment with his 'mom', as he did with the fairy for 2 thousand years, the movie would have been far more emotional and disturbing if David was left to rot in Manhattan! The movie is brilliant but the ending dissapointing!

finti
Well YANKS you have no ruined the movie for the europeans on this board who wanted to see the movie(me not included) if you gonna discuss a movie and its ending START A NEW TOPIC AND PUT SPOILER ON IT!!!!!!!!! mad

Texas
Someone needs to take a chill pill!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Must be said all Euro film fans on this board are going to be pretty damn annoyed...

Texas
You Euros get too damn annoyed too damn much! Dont worry, by the time the movie opens on your little continent, you'd have forgotten everything that was said on the board! smokin'

JediOasis
The name of this topic is "AI" so if you haven't seen the movie then maybe you shouldn't have looked. It could be assumed that people who have seen the movie would discuss it. I don't think anybody meant to give away the ending. And just because you know the ending doesn't mean you still shouldn't see the movie. If thats the case then why make a prequel trilogy at all? We already know how it ends.

Texas
BRAVO!!!!!

finti
Well if the topic stated it was spoilers we wouldent have looked. And Texas dont get to cocky there, if you dont understand why we get annoyed just gives you away.

Texas
I'd take cocky over bitchy anytime! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Yes, potential spoilers should be marked, it is only polite. Indeed, we cut all potential spoilers on the 'Memento' thread just to ensure that it wasn't spoilt for anyone.

Less of the Euro bashing, Texas, before you start a war...

Texas
Europe, in contrast to North America, is a small continent; I didn't realize that stating a basic fact was 'Euro bashing'. This just emphasizes my previous observation that some people on this board get annoyed too easily. P.S. I think a 'war' would add a little pizzazz to the board. Now let's sit back and see who fires the first shot! Wow, am I over dramatic or what? evil face

Dim
No...I think they're right..lets try not to spoil stuff for the people who haven't been able to see it yet..

I'm sorry guys. Luckily there's alot more to the movie..

Texas
Ok, ok, next time I will put spoiler in my subject line.

finti
Thanks man. smile

Ushgarak
Now we can all love each other again!

So... good film, yeah?

Texas
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

lukes_thong
Damn, I was expecting another smart ass remark from Texas. You have to admit, he kept this topic interesting!

Texas
Why thank you lukes_thong, I had no idea I had such a strong homosexual fan base(just another smart ass remark) evil face

Ushgarak
Oh come on, Texas, they way you said it was clearly insulting.

And I do feel bound to pioint out that as Europe has large amounts of Russia in it I would be careful of saying that North American is larger... oh what the heck am I doing? It doesn't matter...

Boy, do we NOT want a Euro/US war; they always get stupid and horrible.

Ok, look, just a polite request for people to remember that this is a UK-based board (as much as any internet site is geographically based) so can you bear that in mind and hence mark spilers in future please. Thanks.

JediOasis
Texas, I see your from Dallas, what do you think of the band Flickerstick. I saw them in concert and they are amazing and their CD is great too.

Texas
We'll I dont know to much about Flickerstick, Coke is the only song I've actually heard from the album. I'm more into heavy grunge/alternative, like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Nine Inch Nails and so on.....I'd like to buy the world a coke and lie here naked with my girl....(a little tribute to Flickerstick) wink

keokiswahine
I loved it. It was awesome, just having Dennis Muren from ILM do the magic. Gary Rydstrom from Skywalker Sound did the mixing. John Williams did the music, and what a job that was, putting emotional background music for a robo boy. Just go see it with no preconceived ideas; just go with the flow. Please remember that Kubrick always throws out lotza questions; no answers that would necesarily appeal to the general public; you make your own choices. There are many analogies throughout the movie so you can kinda see where Kubrick is coming from or going to, but not quite there. I did write up my comments in the JC community AI thread on pages 9 and 10. Yes, it has alot of spoilers.
http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=3230891&replies=250

I can hardly wait for the DVD.

mechalechahimechaheiniho
I came to this site because the A.I. website is jammed and I wanted to post an entry about the complexities of Gigolo Joe. Anyone out there interested in my analysis?

JediOasis
go for it...

AZ sun
Finti, hi. I didn't know what to think
when I saw a preview of AI, I thought it
looked a little weird, but I saw it today
anyway. You were right, don't watch it.
I mean, it was one of the weirdest movies
I've ever seen. It's depressing, and I
hated the way it ended. The depressing
ending is still stuck in my head, I can't
get it out. I don't think I'll ever watch
it again.

finti
Wiliam Hurt is in it thats enough for me not to see it.

JediOasis
Since I've seen AI and it was so good I won't be excited to see another movie until Episode II. Those who haven't seen it really don't know what they are missing out on.

Zereil
I thought it was alright but a touch overtly sentimental...

FLIPMODE
*SPOILER* For those who care...

The Aliens are Not, evolved A.I. there was nothing alive/working on earth, not even A.I. They were just aliens who visited 2000 years Late, they kept the Haley Robot as Info (Aliens love info) on what earth was like. Earth was done. The aliens are evolved In a sense, compared to what humans are not, and that would be 100% energy. They had no connection to earth, trust me, if they did they at leastSLIGHTLY remember what earth was like. but they dont. But they dont. They were there strictly on an archeological purpose.

2 things I liked: the funny Teddy. He made the movie for me.

And the Talking alien. When he sat on the bed with Haley, The crowd could not control themselves, and began laughing. The Alien had some sort of Englidh accent. Very Weird turn for the movie.

JediOasis
It just doesn't make any sense for it to be just "aliens." Why would they show up after all the humans are gone? It has to be evolved AI or else it makes no sense.

Texas
I have to agree with Jedi Oasis, I believe that they were advanced mecha not aliens. Dont you remember what Gigilo Joe said to David, about how the humans didn't like mechas because when the humans are long gone, mechas would be the only ones left on the Earth. But who knows, that movie was very weird. It would take millions of years for the Earth to freeze over not thousands, and it was just ridiculous that the new york skyline was still intact after all those years, but it was still a good movie, too bad it flopped at the box office, it's doing fanominal in Japan.

FLIPMODE
I totally Understand the notion of the A.I. Lasting longer than the humans, and all, but why dont they remember anything?? They of ALL things related to earth should've known what earth was like, and have document info on earths history implanted in their own minds.

Theres no reason for them to go digging through thousands of feet of frozen water in search of nothing. If they were then they're some bored droids. Aliens just showed up because, heck they were bound to show up sooner or later, and it turned out to be later. Besides the fact, that assuming they were A.I., is just that an assumption. Something Like that Spielberg would have made very clear. Showing the Life form was a "take it for what it is".

No hidden meanings. Besides they also said all the A.I. was destroyed as well. Which Is why they preserved the osmond boy.

Even if they were evolved A.I., there would have to be something that survived that made the link to the evolved beings. They cant just exist by osmosis. But there was nothing functioning human nor A.I. on all of earth. They must be from somewhere else.

Texas
Yeah you have a point, but I dont think that mechas were programmed with an entire history of Earth that they pass down from mecha to mecha. I think that as time progressed mechas became more advanced to the point where they could reproduce themselves when the humans became extinct. At the end of the movie when the adavnced mecha (or aliens) discover David, they say that he must of been around the time of the humans, If they were aliens, how would they know humans were on the earth? only mecha would have that knowledge. Aliens would be clueless, true they would see ancient cities, but they could just assume that robots built and lived in those cities, but the moment they saw David they knew he was a mecha and they knew he lived with the humans. How would an Alien know that David lived among humans, there would be no way in knowing. Also the way the advanced Mecha deal with the environment, they are out in the open, wouldn't aliens need special breathing apparatus or chlothes or something, the advacned Mecha wouldn't need anything like that to protect them against the environment, because they adapted them selves to the changing environmet as the environment changed. We cant assume that no where on the Earth advanced mecha are living, because we only see Manhattan. I think that the whole notion of the advanced mecha digging through Manhattan has to do with the whole 'god' thing, the mechas are searching for clues of their creation, they want to know everything about their makers, just like humans search for god, so mechas search for there god, humans. But who knows, most Kubricks films leave unanswered questions, and I truly believe that the movie should of ended with David trapped under the Ferris wheel not 2,000 years later.

FLIPMODE
Very Good Point as well Texas. Especially about the part about God. I respect that, but perhaps that is why this angle is not very clear, it's open for interpretation.

But, I really do Like the notion of they're looking for their "god". You made your point a whole lot clearer in my eyes. Now I can easily see it both ways.

But another reason why I see aliens, (If for no reason at all), I can just see Spielberg throwing Aliens in right at the end of this film, to put his own signature on it. If you think about it, He has'nt done a Film about Aliens in a long time. And If anyone were asked, what Spielberg movie first pop's in your mind, more than Likely it will be E.T. or Close Encounters. Especially with Older folks.

But this has gotten me more interested into what is this truth about how this script was made, and I will look into it.

Texas
I think this is going to be one of those 'BladeRunner' things, we wont know for sure if their aliens or advanced Mecha untill Speilberg spills the beans, like when Ridley Scott revealed that Harrison Ford was a replicant in BladeRunner.

Pianoman
We may never find out. I hated the movie. Here in the US many critics said you either hated it or loved it, nothing in between. I didn't like it at all. The futuristicness(real word???) was amazing but over all it stunk.

Ratcat
OK, I finally saw this film on Saturday night.

Does anyone else feel that everything right after the ferris wheel collapsed on the flyer was pointless? I really felt the film should have ended there, I found no empathy with David after that and the voice over was extremely annoying.

I can understand why Brian Aldiss ended his collaboration with Kubrick when the theme of the blue fairy started to overtake the story. It really got to be too much by the end.

Also the scenes of Manhattan where quite chilling, especially see the twin towers half submerged. This is probably the last film that will ever feature those buildings, even if they were half submerged.

Texas
Oh yeah I agree, If you read farther back into the thread you'll see that I agree 100% with you! It should of ended with him being trapped under the ferris wheel. Some said that it couldn't have ended there because it would of left us with out any closure. Which I still dont understand. Kubrick would of ended it under the Ferris wheel! Speilberg was too sentimental. If he hadn't butchered the ending, it could of been a masterpiece.

JediOasis
I think that could one of the things that Spielberg changed. Does anyone know for sure how Kubrick would have ended it?

ToMacco
I did like this film, but I only saw it once. I think it's a movie meant to be watched several times.

But MY GOD, was that teddy bear funny!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

Texas
He was kewl cool If I had a teddy I'd make him clean my room and make dinner big grin

yerssot
Don't lie Tex, You DO have a teddy bear!

Texas
embarrasment I know embarrasment

Ushgarak
My somewhat overdue appraisal of AI will come tomorrow night... finally going to see the damn thing.

Texas
just 5 months late big grin

Ushgarak
Less than that in the UK.

Texas
Enjoy! smile

Dim
Am I the only one who feels it ended in the right place?

Texas
Yes, but Ush is yet to give his critique

JediOasis
No, I thought so too.

Ushgarak
Ok, NOW I have seen it!

First of all, I should say that the beings at the end are definitely robots and not aliens; it's part of the entire thrust of the fillm anf their lines give it away as well.

Next, I disagree with some pervious statements about the ending. I could very esily see Kubrick having come up with, if nmot exact;ly that ideea, then something very similar. It had a certain amount of his detatched weird feel about it.

As for it feeling tacked on and sentimental... in many ways, yes, and in many ways it seems an absurd plot convenience introduced just to get some closure, and all athat space-time talk really DID seem out of place.

On the other hand- and I didn;t realise this before I went to see it- AI is a modern day Fairy Tale in the classic sense. A sudden, unexpected, even unbelievable occurrence to set things right at the end is the meat and drink of such stories. All those Pinocchio referecnes weren't just to provide a parralel between David and the puppet; it was to provide a parrallel between fairy tales and this film (rather like those patronising vocieovers done in fairy-tale style). So the ending HAS to be happy (of a sorts, anyway), and for it to come out of the blue like that is very in keeping.

Of course, it doesn't mean you have to LIKE it... in fact, I would be sympathetic to the idea that the whole Fairy Take theme was a mistake, though if nothing else it distinguished it from Asimov's work in the same area.

I did like the film, though it was a little long and laboured and some bits really did stick out like a sore thumb. And Jude Law was cool...

mechmoggy
Jude Law was the only saving grace of the film. Saw it on Saturday with Mrs.MM and was bitterly dissapointed, I had a numb arse by the end of it and all I could think about was the trailers at the beginning cus I wanna see "Lord of the Rings" sooo bad.

ToMacco
I liked A.I.

And, like I said before, it is a movie meant to be watched a few times. I need to see it again. I just assumed that the beings were aliens that had come to earth, thousands of years after the world had ended.

mah
i've seen it now, and i think it's a great film. spielberg is, in my mind, an underestimated director, many see him as just a money-making guy, but he really has made many great films.

Texas
Yes, AI really was great movie making. Too bad it was considered a flop by Speilberg standards, only made $80 million in the US. They were predicting that it would beat Titanic roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I generally don't listen to critics. A movie is not good or bad by it's box office number. Look at "The Shawshank Redemption". No one saw that in the theator, then it came out on video, and everyone loved it!

Speilberg is not an underestimated director. He is probably the most acclaimed of all film directors! When Speilberg attaches his name to a project, everyone wants to see it!

And he has made some of the best films around these days.
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Jurassic Park
just to name a few

jedi ben
God I love this movie, however I had almost forgot about it. But I must say the ending, while drawn out was beautiful. I almost cried

FLIPMODE
Good Jedi Ben, now you can List it on the other Thread; what movies made you cry.

big grin big grin

I really Liked the Teddy bear in the Movie. He was way better than Jar Jar.

Infact, I could have probably been more interested, If the main Character was the Bear. Infact, I bet that idea, would've have the movie a Oscar contender. Just look at Babe.

ToMacco
Yeah

Texas
Whew!!!

I know this is old, but I just heard that AI is coming out on DVD in March.
I can't wait!!!! I wonder how I will feel about the movie 10 months after seeing it!?!?
I didn't like the ending, maybe I'll like it better now!
It's going to be a 2 disc DVD set, with lots of special features!
I cant wait!
cool

ToMacco
Hopefully, one of the speacial features will be a good ending. evil face Just kidding, I liked this movie.

Texas
Yeah, I didn't like the ending at all.

It's going to be kewl to be able to pause the DVD and get a good look at the excavation work the advanced mechas were doing. That last scene goes by so fast, and there so much to see, that you have to pause it and take it all in.

ToMacco
It will just be nice to watch all the scenes with the bear in it! rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
I hope they've digitally erased Haley Joel Osment and replaced him with someone else.

Dim
Well, I liked AI...no matter what anyone else says.

Texas
I liked it too, but the ending sucked.
For the DVD, he should have an alternate ending smile

ToMacco
I love AI

King Jedi
So did I.

ToMacco
Well, I rented this last night and watched it for the second time.

What a fantastic movie.

I originally thought that the end of the movie had aliens coming in, but now there is no doubt in my mind that it was evolved robots.

I liked the ending MUCH better than the first time I saw it. This time it seemed completly appropriate. I recommend everyone see this at least twice.

Texas
Oh I absolutely agree! I rented it Tuesday!
This is my all time favorite movie after American Beauty!
I thought the ending was too long and sentimental the first time I saw it, but watching it again, I realized that it was genius!
I almost cried!

I loved the ending! Seeing it at the movies, it seemed soooo long, but sitting at home and watching, it moves alot faster.

I always thought they were advanced mecha. If you watch the 2nd DVD that comes with it, the makers refer to them as advanced meccha, so I guess that puts that controversary to an end.

I thought the special features were excellent, lots of bonus materials. I didn't have time to watch it all.

I'm going to buy this one for my collection!

AI should be nominated for best picture!mad

Dim
Well, like I said before..I think this is one of those rare films that initially doesn't do well at the box office but laters ends up on everyone's classic list. I guess people are just slow on the uptake.

BackFire349
i bought it on dvd on tuesday, havent watched it yet. but yeah its great. the kids acting is almost scary.

ToMacco
Shawshank Redemption was like that. No one saw it in the theator, then when it came out on video, everyone had to see it.

Yes, Tex, AI is much better than that sugar *** Muloun Rouge. It should be nominated.

Thomas H
How is it possible that the sawshank redemtion can be on the number 3 spot on the imdb??
the movie was good...but not that good!!

ToMacco
Thomas, what's the imbd?

Texas
Internet Movie Database:
www.imdb.com

You can pretty much look up any movie ever made!

ToMacco
I don't see why it's so hard to imagine that "Shawshank" is way up on this socalled list.

They don't make them any better than that.

Lara
Artificial intelligence is a well screwed up film but it's cool!
there are so many moral issues in the film it was a bit over the top but all the same a good film.
lets just hope the world world doesnt end up that way!
there are so many things put into films these days that are high possibilities and are so close to the truth its unbelieveable, if we do get ahead of ourselves in the technology industry, its going to get scarry!

mah
I saw this for the first time a few weeks actually. found it great.

BackFire349
yeah its awesome

jayride
Why has Spielberg always have to quit near the end of the movie? They always start out good, then suck royally near the finish.

Fire
well doesn't look too bad to me tbh

ToMacco
A.I. was great.

finti
no comment

Corran
Your no comment comment was enough of a comment for us to glean that you thought this movie sucked.

finti
big grin

Dexx
it was good...not too god but alright. I just liked the kid...damn....not remembering the name again. Some kewl cgis....mweah...*bored tone*.....typical release...

Fire
well I'll rent it some day

Lara
The boy's(robot) name I think was David.

Corran
Oh I remember this movie now, it was total crap.

mah
no it wasn't

Corran
I think Finit should cast the deciding vote on this.

mah
when talking film? hell no

Lara
hey! every ones entitled to their oppinion!

Corran
Thanks.

mah
not corranbig grin

Corran
Hey the girl said everyone.

Lara
yes I said every one and I meant it in that simple plural state as EVERY ONE! mah...*shouts* cool it! *smiles angelically*

finti
Why not?

queeq
Actually, AI was pretty good. I do feel it should have ended at the moment where the camera pulls away from David in his submarine, in front of the Blue Fairy. Now THAT would have made him truly human: waiting and aspiring for something virtually unreachable for the rest of your life with nothing left but hope. I still don't like the "happy ending" Spielberg just had to add to it.

mah
Schindler's list comes to mind, amongst others

finti
SO, just because you thought it to be great doesent mean everybody has to agree on that.
If a critic was to give this film bad review I bet he would be acused of racism, ther was so much fuss about it no one had the guts to dish it. And belive me there are a lot of people who found this movie boring, and the fact it is in BW just added to this.

mah
the use of B&W was smart, especially with that girl in red.
and a VAST moajority likes it. it's a quality film and there's no denying that.

finti
didnt deny the quality of the acting and so on, it is the film in itself that I found boring

Tex
Yeah, acting was pretty bad, and it was boring.
but good

Fire
I agree with tex

mah
its a.i you're talking about now?

mechmoggy
AI blowed and sucked at the same time, couldn't wait for it to end.

mah
twas great

mechmoggy
Was not. stick out tongue

Fire
still have to see it so not sure :s

BackFire349
it was great, but it suffered from spielberg syndrome, he couldnt decide on whether to make it a dark film or not, and he kept dragging it on, just like minority report, both movies could've ended numberous times. but i liked them both.

RossBond
I Loved Both A.I. and Minority Report-

A.I.- Simply a great film through and through- and although as stated earlier in this thread It could have ended in the pullout with David in the Submarine the final ending was much much darker than most people seem to realize. And was actually the ending scripted by Kubrick in the first place.

Minority Report: Loved the film, took the crown from A.I. as my most watchable film. Once again it could've ended 30 mins earlier and been dark....however it's ending was sufficiently dark as far as I'm concerned to make it a dark film. Perhaps the original final title card would've made it better for some of you-

It was something like- In the next 3 months 600 Murders were commited.

Anyhoo...just a simple opinion.

RossBond

fanatos
The movie is great, but the ending is freaking me out. I watched the DVD just before bedtime and couldn't sleep later. I was thinking about the movie. It really touched me. I don't know why. And this is the only movie that made me feel that way.
I thought I am just inspired and this will end in few days, but it didn't. I am still thinking of the movie, watching it sometimes, listening to the soundtrack, on and on and on...... And I fill stupid if I don't do that regularly. sad
I think I am a huge fan of this movie, especially of Haley Joel Osment.

Thank you. confused

SaTsuJiN
Haley is just superb at acting for his age. He accomplishes what most people twice his age cant lol. A.I. was a superb film, I like spielbergs style; just when you think it ended something else is going on hehe. I agree the acting was very interesting. He played a bot so realistically

ash007
i just watched A.I and it actually made me cry and i dont cry in many films sad

I could actually Understand what David was going through trying to find his mother.

Loved the ending when his mother said she loved him then she died
later on he died as well.

Must watch film

julibug
I have A.I. on dvd. I liked almost everything about it. I fell in love with the teddy right away, though. I will admit that I bought one of the stuffed ones off of ebay for about $50. It talks with the same voice as the one in the movie. It's too cool. smile

bunnies = omens
I think people who dont undestand it, hate it. I liked it, theres many hidden meanings and HJO's acting is superb.
But despite this I had to watch it in 2 parts as i feel asleep (i did watch it late night though) the ending was sad and confusing

Punker69
This movie was awesome
Haley was GREAT AS ALWAYS!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.