Has one of your relatives been in war ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
I mean lots of people here are americans and brits and americans have fought lots of wars and the british were in war against Argentina in the '80s.

Has one of your relatives fought ?

An uncle of mine that is an american citizen fought in Nam and my great great great great great great grandfather was killed by a U.S. Soldier in the war between Mexico and the USA.

Fire
argentina in the '80s???? you mean the falklands?? now that can hardly be considered a war
well my grandfather died in WWII as POW in a nazi concentration camp

pablo007
Yeah they're called Islas Malvinas here.

Fire
Okie I wouldn't call it a war

though you can consider it an act of war

BackFire349
My dad was in Vietnam.

CandyKoRn
The British have fought Wars before America even existed...
Even against the US itself...

DeNiro
my grandfather was in world war two he is a very smart mang he did sumthing important not sure what and then my cousin was in the iraq war he flys the appache helicoptors he is really cool

Nivvy
My dad just missed going to Vietnam, Thank Gawd, he was a year too young or i may not have been here.

His father fought in WWII and survived, though he was Injured in Action, he was shot in the head or something. Plus they were hit by a bomb,and a piece of Shrapnel flew up and went through his pack, Luckily hitting his shaving kit tin. Or else it would have gone through his heart.

We still have the tin to this day. With the dent that saved his life.

KidRock
no one that i know was in war but my grandfather guarded arlington national cemetary lol

DeNiro
^ hahaha hard job protecting all the stiffs laughing out loud

DemonicGambit
I got a uncle in the army don't know if he went into war, they don't talk 'bout him much

KidRock
lol well maybe i had some family back in roman times that fought! lol my great great x200 grandfather fought as a legionare lol stick out tongue

im italian lol

DeNiro
italins rock

pablo007
Ohh yeah I forgot a great uncle of mine fought in WWII, he was italian.

ragesRemorse
my great grandfather in WW my grandad in WW2, my uncle in vietnam, and my brother in what ever This war with Iraq was called, i know there were about 20 different names for it

KidRock
if i was old enough i would sign up to go to war in Iraq

finti
does the cold war count?

Rogue Jedi
i am directly related to andrew "stonewall" jackson.

Tied Hiker
My great grand father was an Irish messenger who helped start the IRA. Then he migrated to the US and my grandfather was the leader of a squadron in the Air Force. He fought in WWII and was demoted once he tested positive for being color blind.

LanceWindu
My grandfather was in WWII, he was shot in the foot.

ragesRemorse
my grandfather was five feet away from a land mine that went off and killed three people in his unit. He had un removable shrapnel two inches from his heart till the day he died

Rogue Jedi
wow....

nazgulinthedark
my grampa was either in the korean or the vietam war, forgt which

happy kine
me pops was in vietnam... my best friend is vietnameese and was born there... my pops was a grunt that got sent home after getting shrapnel in his arm... he never talks about it. if the milatary didn't have so many rules i'd like to goto war.

Alias Neo
my dad was in the falklands war
and my grandad in WW2

Celsius
My Great grandfather. He faught In staligrad, I believe, He lived through the war, but died a year after, beacause of injuries. He was captured and held in a concentration camp.....One of those AWFUL Anti jew ones......he was russian, not jew......he was just held in one.....anyhoo, he lived through the war, but died after.

ChinaNiki
i have relatives going backto Charlemagne's time that my dad has traced so that's a lot of wars, most recent was were my grandfathers, one in WWI for US and one in WWII for Netherlands

Maya Zurak
My Grandfather was part of the army in the second world war.

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by pablo007
I mean lots of people here are americans and brits and americans have fought lots of wars and the british were in war against Argentina in the '80s.

Has one of your relatives fought ?

An uncle of mine that is an american citizen fought in Nam and my great great great great great great grandfather was killed by a U.S. Soldier in the war between Mexico and the USA.
My favorite cousin is in IRAQ. He has been there and back again 3 times. To be honest I don't even know if he's ok. It's been a while since we were able to talk.
Most of my uncles were military men. erm

ThomasC114
Originally posted by CandyKoRn
The British have fought Wars before America even existed...
Even against the US itself...

Yeah but also the British would have been completely taken over by Nazi Germany forces and probably be a totally different place today had Winston Churchill not made the deal with US president FDR to bring the production power US had into the 2nd world war. The Americans did play a big part in the British countries survival,that being said the British empire however soon faded following that deal ,and gave rise to the American empire in a big sense,but was a sacrifice that helped the British survive Hitler's invasion,and in a sense helped save Europe as a whole,not to forget with a lot of help from the soviets on the other side of the sandwich..

Surtur
Both my grandpas fought in WW2. I have all their medals in a case on the wall not very far from where I sit right now. My grandpa's bro was in the Korean war. An uncle was in Vietnam.

Nuke Nixon
My Dad's side-
Grandpa was Army late in WWII arrived in France just as the Germans quit
Uncle was a marine in Vietnam
Oldest Aunt was Army nurse in Vietnam

My Mom's side-
Grandpa was Navy stationed in Brisbane Aus. Both ships he got there and back on were sunk
His 4 brothers were Army, went in on Anzio and Normandy, they all got out alive
Uncle was Army in Vietnam
Another Uncle was Army mechanic in Nam, didn't see any action
Uncle in the Air Force, shot down and killed
Mom was Army stationed at Fort Leonard Wood during first Gulf War, wasn't deployed due to medical

Nuke Nixon
Actually, that was a friend of mines family.

I don't really know anything about mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.