What is the best ghost movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Espantada20
I've seen a lot,but I can't say for sure which is the best.What does everyone else think? wink

BackFire349
The Shining by FAR

ragesRemorse
ghostbusters

grymlock
i drink to that mate!! it's a classic movie ... cheers mate!!

Cowboyography
how about Candyman, Not the best but one of the Better ones,
I would say Shining is the best Ghost story. I liked the Ring too

Lord_Andres
that rig is the best in my option

Omegaman
Here are 2 :

A Ghost Story
The Changling

h0ck3yh0rr0r
The SHinging was great.

Espantada20
Has a Bloody Mary movie ever been made?I know Candyman is kind of like the story but the real one would be sick

xblanex
The shining was wicked awesome

Dejio
That would have to be 'The Eye'.

Espantada20
The Eye?Whats that one about?

Dejio
Well, it's a Hong Kong movie written and directed by the Pang brothers.

It's about this girl who undergoes an eye operation so that she could see again (She lost her vision when she was like 5 yrs old). Her recovery was doing ok, until things started to happen. She couldn't quite comprehend everything that she was experiencing with her new found eyesight.

The movie gets really really scary after that.

I guess it's hard to look for in some countries but if ever you get the chance to see it, it's gonna be worth your while.

BTW, it's in chinese with english subtitles, but that will not deter you from watching this great movie. smile

News are that (Tom) Cruise Wagner productions is gonna make a Hollywood version soon.

..guess I already posted all these somewhere... confused

Espantada20
Well tell me a little about the scary part.Come on some details.PLEASE?

Dejio
Well, can't really spill more details without actually telling the story (and that would ruin it for you). But, obviously it's a ghost story.

Some would say that it has some similarities with famous Hollywood ghost movies. But I think it has a lot of well thought out scenes to merit a uniqueness of its own. If you still want some details regarding it, here's a site to visit:

http://www.mongkolfilm.com/theeye/index_th.html

Oh, the site has some backgound sounds on it.

Watch the movie on one of those creepy nights! eek!

Sparkle
Mines gotta be 13 Ghosts.

It's horrible and really really freaky, it made me feel sick everytime I used to watch it!

http://www.dvdhouseofhorror.com/13Ghosts-glasshouse.jpg

http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/Cskin13GhostsOldGuy.gif

http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/Cskin13GhostsGrateFace2.gif

http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/Cskin13GhostsSpikeHead.gif

http://www.pondside.com/wraith/wraith/0203hs13ghosts.jpg

Espantada20
I thought 13 Ghosts was okay,not the best,but it was alright

wicker_man
Ghostbusters
The Amityville Horror
The Frightners
The Others
The Haunted

slayer
oh yeah who could forget the Amyitille Horror 13 Ghosts was an excellent movie but i didn't think it was that scary.

BABOON
Poltergeist, Ghostbusters, and Ghostbusters 2....13 Ghosts had the coolest looking ghosts ever i think...but the actual movie was pretty freakin lame. smokin'

slayer
i thought it was great. I like the naked ghost!

Sparkle
LOL,bet u did.....

The film wasn't that good, I just thought that the ghosts were really realistic and really freaky. I thought the ghost in the scrap yard was the most frightening, scared the crap outa me @ 1st! messed

slayer
hey she was hot!

slayer
just joking

kazbeck
I will have to say that two of my fav. ghost films are:

1. The others.
2. Stir of echoes.

Dario Argento
The Shining. It is not only the best ghost movie, it is the best horror movie too.

blakangel
Well there are 2 versions of the shining; one meant for the TV and the more obvious one is Jacks....not many people like the one meant for TV but Im strange! Its probably because that one sticks more to the book in my eyes.

they're both great ghost movies

Thirteen Ghosts came to mind straight away, I found that film was very weird... and it had a brilliant death scene in it (with the doors) lol....

The others; had a great story behind it and made me think...

House on the Haunted Hill... I really quite liked that film,till about a certain part through it and it just became very weak.....

g00dbye-kiss
DUDE YOUR FORGETTING THE MONEY MOVIE "The Haunted" its not exactly the scariest but by far the ?BEST!

Claude_Rains
I enjoyed the Changeling. It never gets votes.

cropsy_is_god
Ghostbuster
Candyman
The Shining

steverules
Ghostbusters 1+2
Candyman 1+2
The Ring 1+2
The Grudge 1+2
The Amityville horror (remake)
Pulse
Darkness falls
The Haunting
Casper

ragesRemorse
just watched amityville horor 2 for the first time the other day. Been going out of my way to avoid that movie seeing how the others were garbage, but i quite liked the sequal. It was very gruesome. Took me by surprise with the risk the movie took with actually killing off the entire family, and i imagine the whole brother and sister scenes had to have been a bit much for some people during its release. I was very impressed with this devil ghost flick. People should check it out

steverules
Thanks for telling me how the movie ends mad

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by steverules
Thanks for telling me how the movie ends mad

oh yeah, i was just kidding embarrasment

steverules
You were...oh well that makes it ok then big grin

NormaBates
1 Poltergeist
2 The others
3 The amityville horror (original)
4 The grudge (I know, another guilty pleasure of mine)

NormaBates
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
just watched amityville horor 2 for the first time the other day. Been going out of my way to avoid that movie seeing how the others were garbage, but i quite liked the sequal. It was very gruesome. Took me by surprise with the risk the movie took with actually killing off the entire family, and i imagine the whole brother and sister scenes had to have been a bit much for some people during its release. I was very impressed with this devil ghost flick. People should check it out [/QUOTE

You are so right about that one, i've know the movie for ages and i was always surprised that the movie wasn't a bigger succes!

steverules
I think I'll watch it since you all seem to love it laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by steverules
I think I'll watch it since you all seem to love it laughing out loud

well, you should smartass wink

Micheal_Myers
The Ju-on series are my favorite ghost movies.In my eyes they are the best, though many may disagree.The english adaptions were pretty good as well.

ladygrim
my personal fav is The eye .. scares me still after watching lots

steverules
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well, you should smartass wink

Will do big grin

Impediment
The Changeling is my favorite ghost movie, by far. A very, very close second would be The Shining.

Others I have to mention are: Poltergeist, Stir of Echoes, and The Sixth Sense.

DOYLEZOMBIE
I really like the Sixth Sense That movie was cool!
I would't say it the best Ghost movie I've seen but it's one of my favorites.

hanxan
Devils Backbone was also good but my fav has to be the Changling

ladygrim
Originally posted by Impediment
The Changeling is my favorite ghost movie, by far. A very, very close second would be The Shining.

Others I have to mention are: Poltergeist, Stir of Echoes, and The Sixth Sense. stir of echoes how could i have forgotten big grin love that movie

DOYLEZOMBIE
The Sixth Sense is my favorite ghost movie.

akema
13 Ghosts
Ju-On
The Heirloom
Gravedancers
Poltergeist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.