Batman V?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gunhead
I once heard that the next batman could be one of three things;

Year One.

Batman Beyond.

Or Batman being afflicted with nitemare gas from scarecrow, therefore bringing back Joker.

Anyone know or heard anything like this? smokin'

finti
Hopefully there will not be a next Batman movie!!!!

razman
Sorry to disappoint you finti, but there will be a new Batman coming out 2002. Currently its assumed to be "Batman: Year One" a possible prequel, although I'm not completely sure.

Texas
Yup, currently there are two Batman movies on the drawing board, Batman: Year One, which will be directed by Darren Aronofsky, he directed Requieum for a Dream and Pi. The second one is Batman Beyond which will be directed by Boaz Yakin, he directed Remember the Titans. cool

ratcat
Tez is correct, and there was also talk that they migh try and get Micheal Keaton to return for Batman Beyond to play the old Bruce Wayne, then just recently I heard that George Clooney had been approached and was considering the role.

Texas
Clooney better stay away! He was the worst Batman ever!!!! and according to a recent Yahoo poll, 'Which actor was the best Batman?', George Clooney received the fewest votes, the masses have spoken!!

ChelsiJediKnight
Oh so true! Clooney sucked big time. I really don't know what they were thinking getting him in that film. I just wished that Micheal Keaton would have stayed in all the other films. He was so much better.

mad smokin' mad

ratcat
So who came top?

Texas
Micheal Keaton of course, Kilmer was second, Clooney and West tied for last place! Here's the link for the poll, hope it works! Yahoo Batman Poll

ratcat
West?

Texas
West was the original Batman, from the 60's. Dont you remember, BANG, WOOF, ZAM! It was very cheesy!

leonglee
The only thing decent that came out of the Batman films was Jack Nicholson's Joker, so it would be great if they could 'resurrect' him somehow by doing a prequel.George Clooney was just embarassing as Batman. Michael Keaton at least looked slightly sinister. evil face

Texas
Screw Batman all together, they should make Catwoman! Just picture it, an entire movie with Michelle Pfeiffer prancing around in tight leather, MEOW!!!! eek!

Jameous Woodshire
As long as it also features a RL version of Harlyquin from the Cartoon. She was my favorite. The Joker never knew how good he had it. evil face

Also who should direct it? Tim Burton again?

Sence you live in Dallas I should let you know that Bat Con will be held in Plano in a month or two. I'd have to check on that for a date. smokin'

Texas
The only time you'll ever see me at a Batman convention is if Michelle Pfeiffer, Kim Basinger, Nicole Kidman and Uma Thurman are there, in micro bikinis siging autographs eek!

finti
Suddenly there are a lot of prequals comming around, Batman, Star Trek. Whats next Matrix the early years eek!

Coreworld
Errr, believe it or not, Finti but there WAS talk of doing an animated prequel to 'The Matrix', whether this has died a death or not, i don't know.

Texas, A Catwoman flick has been fast tracked by Warner Bros. Although Michelle Pfieffer isn't in it, she has since been replaced by Ashley Judd.

gunhead
Oh God say it aint so.... Ashley Judd?

Texas
You dont like Ashley Judd?, I think she's kind of hot! Mind you she isn't Michelle Pfeiffer, but who is? If I had a magic wand, you would see Kathy Bates in the cat suit! Just picture it, that tight black leather snuggled against those lucious love handles and jelly rolls! ha, ha, now that I've grossed you out, I'll make my departure! evil face

gunhead
hmmm, cathey bates as catwoman and camryn manhein as harley?

Sounds good laughing out loud

Jameous Woodshire
AGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

now I have to wash my brain.

Thanks guys! wink

And if you lady's havent been grossed out yet. How about Brando as Batman? (I heard he wouldnt wear pants or undies in his latest flick w/De Nerio. They shot him from the waist up) *Shudder*

zereil
There are currently 4 BAt movies in production. To clear up the mess left by the four films made already it is believed that the last two were not necessarily connected to the first two. The last two were instead films based on the 60's TV series as opposed to the comic. Batman YEar One is based upon the Frank Miller script which was tremendous, the only hope is that he doesnt also write the film script however given the laughable attempt on Robocop. Batman Year One could be very good and obviously has the reigns of directorship being handed over to someone who will capture the actual spirit of the charater instead of hamming it up as Clooney did which in fairness did cover the reminiscent feeling of the TV show. Batman BEyond is obviously a full screen cine movie that follows the Return of the Joker, and should have quality animation. Also in animation world at present is BAtman The Dark Kight Returns. This has currently been left in limbo however simply on the grounds that Miller is currently doing a sequel and they would rather see that pushed through and popularised enough to see if the Return is still as loved as it has been for the last 12 years. Finnally there is currently a Catwoman movie being made but not mentioning of Pfeifferor however you spell it, this apparently does have Batman in it and is now after a 5 year wait in production...

FLIPMODE
Hi.
Ok heres the problem with Batman.

The 1st was great. Part was just the dumbness of the writers and the Director. The joel schumacher movies, were YES campy, but wrong, in the sense that they followed such a strong serious Batman series. Infact according to the Comic book there is only one Batamn, Strong and Serious, the campiness died out in the 60's.
So even Though I think part 2 was horrible, and even though part 3 was better than 4 and had better action than part 2, I still respect part 2 more than then 3 and 4. Because those movies dont fit the Batamn Universe.

These Batman Movies will never happen, they are better off waiting it out 4 more years, give it some thought as what to do next, that will give time for better actors to arise, and new developments in the Batman Comic books. The main reason we'll never see michael Keaton or Michelle Pfieffer in a bat movie again, is because they were a product of Tim Burtons Batman Vision. Hardly anyone shares his vision. People were baffled when they heard michael Keaton would be Batamn. Turns Out he was the Best!! But he's a terrible Bruce wayne!!

Fact is the movies (all Four) were dumb in the fact that the directors were both too bull headed and wanted to Leave their personal mark on the Batman, But niether of them had the decency to respect the Comic book, NOR the animated Series. There is a HUGE BALANCE (just like "the force"wink to BATMAN. First off any Director too dumb to respect that Batman is always a Dark Brooding figure (schumacher), needs a wake up call. Heck look at the comics from 1940, the bat was even dark then, not till the show came up, did it get camp, and even then the comic was copying the show. At least Burton got the Dark Part Right, Now the other half is; YES Bruce Wayne is the Mask! Not Batman. Michael Keaton was not given the oportunity to play Bruce Wayne, he was Batman all day long, in both movies. All ways dark. A set back from the director, and the fact the Keaton is'nt all that of a Charmer. When Batman Plays Bruce Wayne, is overwhelmingly Playboy Like, flamboyant, anything to seperate him from Batman. he would'nt be fighting goons in the circus ring, ala Batman Forever.

My Point is, the animated Series was the closest thing to respecting the Batman Legacy ever, without actually being the comic book. The show was done to a "T", getting every aspect of Batman into the show. The Darkness, the physical, the intelligence and even the "gadjets". No one movie was able to do this. They should really look towards the show for guidance.

King Jedi
Liking Batman movies really depends on how much you knew about it before. I've never read the Batman comics but loved the T.V show when I was a kid and watched the cartoon now and again. So the movies are Batman for me and not the comics or cartoon. I love the first 3 movies but hate the fourth one.

If you go to movies.go.com there was a very breif interveiw with Danny Boyle (Trainspotting,The Beach) where he is asked about directing a Hollywood blockbuster and he says that he'd love to direct a Batman movie but with an entirely British cast.

Ushgarak
Did ANYONE like the 4th one? I didn't, of course, but you can normally find exceptions to these things SOMEWHERE...

Texas
Part 3 was so horrible I refused to see part 4, Schumacher should be shot! mad

King Jedi
I'd say Batman Forever is as good as the first two but for totally different reasons.

If the casting had been better for four it might have been bearable.

I've only seen the cartoon a few times but to me it looks and feels like Tim Burtons Batman. Am I missing something? What are the differences from the cartoon and the first two movies because anyone I talk to say there are loads.

FLIPMODE
Believe it or not, the show has more character. Just watch about 10 episodes, and you'll learn so much about Batman, that any of the movies, never make time to go into.

Huge difference, Batman has character. Ofcourse the show came out, right at the point when Bataman Returns Came out, so theres one 2 part episode, that is similar to the movie. It has Catwoman in it.

But Other than that, the show is a guide to how, Other characters could be done, if they were ever to make it in a movie. And the show is more believe-able. In the Animated Series, Batman hardly does anything that is huumanly impossible, yet they do make him very physical. Another thing the movie Messed up. Either many things done in the movie were too Over the top, Or too hindered by that Stupid Thick rubber costume. Looked cool in the first movie. But by part 2, we realized, that the Costume is just too rediculous, for a real human Batam to wear. And by part 3 and 4, I thought I was watching a Batman stunt show, or icecapades, with Batman on Ice.

So the Animated Series fleshes out every character Well, and shows you that is the strength of the Batman Story. And it also delivered more and better Action than all the movies combined, and Realistic action aswell.

That's Another thing the Batman movies lacked: It was never an action movie. They always call it a Blockbuster, but it was never an Action movie. That's one of the reasons why the series fizzled.

King Jedi
O.K. smile

What bad guys haven't we seen in the films yet, The Scarecrow is the only one I can think of.

Texas
We'll that's why the two Batman movies in pre-production take place before and after the batman we know today. Batman year one shows Bruce Waynes transformation into Batman. Batman Beyond take place 60 years in the future, so there is going to be new bad guys. Batman year one is suppose to be very dark and disturbing, it's being directed by the guy who directed Requiem for a Dream. I'm looking forward to both of them. The Batman Beyond cartoon is pretty kewl!

King Jedi
If Batman Beyond is set in the future is it the same story? I mean are we going to see Bruce Waynes parents being killed and him becoming Batman again or is it an entireley different Batman.

FLIPMODE
Well this movie wont be made...but if it were whatever Silly screenwriter gets to do it, will probably do something dumb.

However the Show Batman Beyond, Bruce is old, and guides a younger guy named Terry, through being the new Future Batman.
He see's everything terry is doing. Is pretty cool, Plus the batsuit is enhanced, he can fly, and has some increased strength. I mean he should...it's the Future.

For characters you have'nt seen in a Movie yet??...
Scarecrow, killer Croc, Ras al ghul, Scarface, Lady shiva. Zsas.
At least 2 of these Characters have the clout to have an entire movie on them. But none the Less, all of these guys are very intriguing characters, And can all come accross well if done properly.

The List goes on, but it's about doint it right. No one in hollywood can.

I'll bet you the spiderman movies will be able to juggle multiple villains without any real sacrifice to the film. X-men did it ...OKAY, but nothing spectacular.

DARTH LORAC
As this is a Batman topic, I heard from a friend that The Dark Knight Returns was to be made into the future Batman movie. This along with Batman year one would be the two best comic conversions ever ( again if handled properly and if remaining true to the original comic story ). I don't know if this is a complete lie, but I would love to see the Dark Knight on the silver screen.

By personal choice to play the aged Batman would be Clint Eastwood. What do you guys think?

Texas
Here's a link to a great site that will tell you what you need to know about Batman Beyond and heres the link for Batman: Year One It has some really usefull infomration smile

gunhead
Wow, clint would make the absolutely perfect old batman.

GordonSkywalker
No new Batman film yet and it is now 2003. Give your best ideas for who should play Batman if they ever do another film. I say they should get Val Kilmer back as George Clooney sucked in the role and may have killed the franchise for good.

Augeybana
Very much true GS there was no use for Batman 4 they said Batman 5 is going to called Batman year 1 and it's about he's first year as Batman and what he did.

GordonSkywalker
Thus erasing the previous four films from the point of view of the new storyline then.

Augeybana
Yeah really bad they stop the Batman vs Superman for this movie.

GordonSkywalker
That could have been a cool attempt at bringing back both franchises.

Augeybana
Yeah like the new Jason vs Freddy movie.

GordonSkywalker
Hardly the same thing Aug. Besides it looks like Batman V will never be made.

yerssot
darn! I really liked the cartoons of Batman in the future

GordonSkywalker
Batman & Robin is on right now where I am and this seems a good time as any to ask if there is anyone out here who DOES NOT think this movie is what killed the franchise?

yerssot
I do, think the other one already did that big grin

Augeybana
yeah 3 wasn't that bad it wasn't really too good but loved the riddler and Val Kilmer played a good Wayne.

GordonSkywalker
Val Kilmer was an excellent Bruce Wayne and Jim Carey played the best Riddler since Frank Gorshin in Batman Forever which is my favorite of the four feature films. I do not care for George Clooney's version one bit. And having seen it earlier this afternoon I remain uninspired by it. Alicia Silverstone made a good Batgirl but the rivalry between Batman and Robin in this one(influenced by Poison Ivy) underplayed any real menace from the bad guys.

Augeybana
Yeah Geroge Clooney proved he can play a bad ass in other movies but playing an ass kicking Batman didn't work for him.

GordonSkywalker
Batman and Robin may be the nail in the coffin so to speak. Any new film projects that we have been hearing about all seem to take place long after these four films(Batman Beyond) or undo the movie timeline by going all the way back to the beginning(Batman:Year One).

Augeybana
yeah they know they can't get Micheal Keaton or it will be bad to add another actor to play an adult batman.

GordonSkywalker
Makes sense.

Augeybana
This new superman batman movie shouldn't be done.

GordonSkywalker
Why are they even doing it in the first place?

Augeybana
$$$$$.they think because Marvel Comics movies are doing great why not DC comics do great.But DC comics have only three good interesting characters Flash,Batman,Green Latern that's all.

yerssot
still think Green Lantern is strange

Augeybana
Yeah but not that bad for a DC comic character.

yerssot
only read a few of them

Augeybana
The rest sucks.

yerssot
thought so wink

Augeybana
Yeah there all stupid characters the best is of course Batman.

nV myMovieskill
First off i have to say that Micheal Keaton was the best bruce wayne and batman ever. Batman 1 & 2 were the best the other 2 movies were for 5yr olds ( all the glitter and flashing lights made them horrible kiddy movies). Anyway the next Batman in Batman V WILL BE Christian Bale trust me I know!!! please dont say no its not him cause it will be. Hey if you dont believe me just wait and see. This flick will be directed by Christopher Nolan. Batmans 5 release date is set for July 1, 2005. Director Christopher Nolan has taken over the series and has cast Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader. Nolan and David S. Goyer will co-write the fifth installment, which is said to be based on the script Batman: The Frightening, featuring The Scarecrow as the lead baddie. The movie initially was to be based on Frank Miller's graphic novel Batman: YO, a film-noir-infused, four-issue story written in 1987 and published by DC Comics that detailed Bruce Wayne's first year as Batman, including the self-doubts and blunders he had to overcome in order to emerge as a full-blown crime fighter. Expect more casting news soon, including (maybe) Kurt Russell as Commissioner Gordon(and i not sure about kurt russell as the Comm but im pretty sure hehe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.