The Mummy & The Mummy Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-120
Hey People, I'm a new user... So who is exited about The Mummy Returns, coming out... I don't know weather I can wait another 3 days!!! Oh well, guess I'll have to... Well... If you wanna talk about The Mummy Returns, OR The Mummy, POST, POST, POST!

Tim smile

JediOasis
I loved the first Mummy and the second looks very good as well. I'm sure I'll see it opening night, I am a little bumed about the Rock being in it though. But I heard he has no speaking parts, just grunts a lot, so thats cool.

D-120
Oh really? The Rock dosen't have any speaking parts, laughing out loud that's kinda funny!!! So Oasis, you said your gonna see it opening night, Me too, I figure I'll go see it about everyday that it is out in theatres laughing out loud J/K anyway... This is gonna be a great movie I think, and I am SO happy that they decided to bring ALL the characters back, and even use the same people... I love Brendon Frasier, and John Hannah, and Weizs or however you spell her name, (Evy) Anyway, I'm gonna go for now, See you l8r thanks for psoting!!!!

Tim smile

Conrad Malkowitz
I'm looking forward to it also. Have you seen the trailer for it? It looks very action packed, especially with the big armies of skeletons and such. Can't wait!

D-120
Yeah Bilbo... I am watching it one last toiem before I go see it tonight... So I must get going SO I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO WATCH IT AGAIN!!! BUt yeah it looks very action poacked and it looks liek it will be funny liek the last oen also! See you for now!

Tim rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
I saw the trailer again yesterday and my wife, who hadn't seen it before but loved The Mummy, was gobsmacked.

Can't wait for this to hit the UK.

As for the Rock, I think you might be very surprised, I have heard that he's actually proven to be very good in this film. And I think he does have a speaking role. As with anything, I'm not gonna judge him without seeing what he's got first.

Dim
Saw it last night. I liked it..though the person I was with wasn't that impressed. The origional was still better..but it had lots of action in it. The only probs I saw with it was that it was a little bit too formulatic and the Scorpion King at the end could have been better.

ratcat
So, was Dwayne Johnson any good in his first major acting outing?

Dim
Hmmm..who's Dwayne Johnson?..

ratcat
Sorry, The Rock....

Dim
He was pretty good..He was only really in the beginning of the film. I thought a few of his expressions were a bit much..but then again he was supposed to be an evil warrior king.

Darth Pants
Is it true that his character's so good that they're making a prequel based on him?

ratcat
There is something on the IMDB that says they are making a Mummy 3 called The Scorpion King but I think it may be rubbish.

Dim
I really hope not...I didn't care for the Scorpion King renincarnate much.

ratcat
Well, we have a few weeks to wait for this one. MAybe if the baby is late I can take her to see this one to get things moving a bit. laughing out loud

zed
The Rock has been signed to make 'The Scorpion King', which is actually going to be a prequel.

To read an article on the movie click here

D-120
Hmm That is interesting I heard soemthing about that, (The Making of a Scorpian King Movie) THAT SHOULD BE INETRESTING!!! laughing out loud Anyways I saw the 9:45 Showing of it and thought it was great, I think it was just as good if not better than the 1st, You say they are making a Mummy 3? Hmm Inetresting, I hadn't heard about that, I'll have to check it out... Well I'm gonna go for now, See you people L8R...

Tim smile

ratcat
IMDB has The Scorpion King listed at Mummy 3. I'm dubious regarding this news because I've seen nothing official abvout it, despite a half-hearted search.

I certainly don't see Brendan Fraser coming back for a 3rd crack of the whip. After all, until this film he had always avoided sequels as a matter of principle, stating that he hated to play the same character twice.

mthug007
the rock does speak when he is in the desert about to die

mthug007
like i said to oasis the rock does speak when he is about to die in the desert

jessica
JediOasis
the rock was a really cool character but he did only speak once. When he was going to dye on the sands. smile what did you think of Evelyn in this movie. Because in the last movie she was kinds wimpy like Jonathan. laughing out loud and what did you think of those creepy creatures in the forest? i thought they were great. big grin

finti
Who is Rock?

razman
Hes Dwayne Johnson, a WWF wrestler now turned actor.

ratcat
Oh please, Finti it's right up there at the top where Dim asked the reverse question.

zed
Well like I said before 'The Mummy 3', is going to be a prequel called 'The Scorpion King', which is going to star The Rock.

Brendan Fraser can't star in the movie as it is set 3000 B.C. smokin'

http://www.killermovies.com/mummy/images/scorpionking1.jpg

finti
Well Dwayne Johnson or the Rock didnt tell me anything RC I saw the post, but I thought with a nickname like the Rock it had to be something more behind it than just an alter ego. And excuse me for not watching wrestling as I dont attend live stage theaters or the circus I sure as hell dont wanna whatch a combination of it on tv. Wrestling is laughable, why people get into that crap tells more about those people. Fake fighting, bah humbug.
Anyways I liked the Mummy great effects so I m looking forward to the sequel.

ratcat
Well, being as it's being co-produced by Vince & Linda McMahon I think that tells you a lot without even looking. If this does pan out, I think it shpould be disowned by the Mammu franchise as this appears tto be more of a WWF spin off than a Mummy Spinoff.

I guess 3000BC is a little before Brendans time. laughing out loud

finti
I dont know to much about wwf and that sort of things.

D-120
laughing out loud Nice Logic! laughing out loud I suppose Rick won't be in it... I don't think I can stomouch a movie STARRING The Rock... roll eyes (sarcastic) (Off-Subject) Thanks all you guys for posting, I'm glad I got you talking! smile

JediOasis
I saw the Mummy 2 last night and I was pretty impressed. The special effects were brilliant but I still prefer the original Mummy. The story of the 2nd one was just a little too easy. I didn't like how the Mummy was awakened, there was very little challenge there. Plus, I didn't like how O'Connell turned out to a have a history. He just needed to be a regular guy who happened to kick major a$$. But overall, the movie was good and I give it my recommendation

ratcat
Me neither, but my brother is a big fan so I get it everytime I visit him.

zed
Just thought you might wanna know that they have been rumors of a fourth Mummy movie. The fourth movie would be a sequel.

The reason behind this might be the amount they raked in on the Box Office.

Even if they do decide to make it, Racheal Weisz has said on many occasions that she would'nt do it, so we'll just have to wait and see

JediOasis
Yeah, I heard it made $70 million this weekend. eek! But I hope they don't make a 4th cause Brendan Fraser said he wouldn't do it either and that would sort of defeat the whole purpose.

D-120
Yeah I think (as much as i want the series to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on) that they shoudl stop now, you know (Quit while ther're ahead... I think a "The Scorpian King" movie, is pretty uh.... *cou-stupid-ough* Heheh, but you know, DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOUVE TRIED IT! I dunno I will most likely gos ee it when it comes out just to see weather it is loosely in keeping with what they talk about in the 2nd one about the 3000 BC story part of things.... Well im gonna go read some to my Mom.. smile Bye smile

Tim smile smile smile

aerislockheart
If they do make a 4th i think that it will by about there son and his life...If no one wants to be in it... that is but they probly will have all the minor people in it.I do not want to see the ROCK mad play a main char. in a premovie about the mummy Why there is no reson we have all the back gound info we need about the mummy and the mummy returns. confused
Oh and I think if they do make more with out the prething Brendan Fraser will and is the next Indiana Jones but he wont have a new lady friend stick out tongue every time.
smokin' (Sorry if I got off topic any i am new at this.) smokin'

D-120
Heheh, Yeah I just found out about the fourth mummy form this M Board... THat might be cool, I would like some more about there son, info that is,, he was awesome in the 2nd one...

finti
Please dont reveal anything from the movie it has not opened in Norway yet. I think it`s gonna open either this weekend or the next.

zereil
Yes it appears the mummy movie has grossed more than Star Wars Episode One on the first Weekend... As to the flm, I enjoyed it but hope it doenst fall pray to the milking syndrome...

zed
I don't think that they should make a fourth as they are milking a weak storyline.

The Mummy series is heavily based on action adventure, and not to contradict myself, a large amount of movies can be made. This is not to say good movies.

Also, alot of people have been putting The Rock down on acting abilities, have you all forgot Arnie. I think the Rock will be good in the prequel as long as the movie is action based, as it seem to be.

Ushgarak
That opening weekend thing for SW is really werid though. First, it's a 'non-holiday' weekend, so neither movie came that close to the full record. Second, rememeber that Star Wars had an opening releasee about half the size of most movies because GL would only let it be shown in top notch cinemas.

zed
Thats true, but the film doesnt have a cult following, or a religious following laughing out loud

But the appealing factors of Mummy is that its just basically a good action movie, alot of people argue that the movies are not that good. But they still watch them, because they are enjoyable to watch.

Also, I think that GL only did selective screening in the US, Im not sure

phinney6
The wrestling I like is from the mid-eighties
They acually wrestled there the federation was called the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance) That was great wrestling.

P.S. I hate The Rock

zed
The Rock is the Peoples Champion, you cant say that laughing out loud

http://www.premiere.com/Premiere/images/501/rock3.jpg

For those of you who don't know who the rock is, he's the one throwing the other guy laughing out loud

D-120
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

zed
I and many more people havent seen the movie, as its getting its UK release this Friday (18th May). So everbody who has seen the movie please give it a mark out of 10.

Thats 10.0 for the perfect film and 0.0 for the worse.

And what are the good aspects of the movie.

Nesehti
I loved the Mummy Returns. I really liked the flashbacks from Egypt. I'm modeling my new roleplaying character after an ancient Egyptian priestess. She's gonna be magnificent....

finti
It opens the 18th in Norway as well.

ratcat
We're going to see it on Saturday, babysitter permitting. We're both really looking forward to it.

They're been showing The Mummy on Sky so we've watched that this week too.

D-120
Hey Zed, what'd you think of it???

zed
I have'nt see it yet, (due to exams), I should go this friday to watch it, so what did you think of it?

D-120
Oh I loved it, I thought it may have scored better than the first, mostly becasue the first one had a lot of character develpoment, to do, and this one, starts right off! smile I thought it was awesome, I loved Freddie Boath, (Their son) he was awesome, although, he is also not much younger than me... smile As far as real um... I cannot think of the word, roll eyes (sarcastic) so I'll just say "Cool things" about the movie: The plot was cool, the uh, The Magi, dude, cannot think of his name right now, was just as cool as always!!! (I loved him in the first) um... Brendon Fraser, was his "Charming self" Hehe, I love him too! Hehe, and NO I AM NOT GAY! laughing out loud Um, Rachel Wiesz, or however you spell her name, was Hot as ever!!! WHEW! smokin' and also, not a klutz at ALL as in the first... It's also funny just like the last! Which was one of my favorite things about the last!... This post is getting a little long, so I'll stop for now, talk to you L8R, Zed...

zed
So I take it that you thought the movie was cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Rockindoxin
Saw the movie last night with three of my guy friends.I Loved the movie.Does anyone know the name of the Magi dude?His name in the movie and/or in life.I think that guy is so VERY VERY HOT! stick out tongue

D-120
Yeah I know, he may be a guy, but you know, It's like the infatuation that even WOMEN have with Angolina Jolie, SHE IS SO HOT! And I may be a guy, but he is AWESOME! (The Magi that is) big grin Um, as for his name, it's: Oded Fehr, That's his real name, in teh movie it was: Ardeth Bey, He's awesome in that movie!!! cool Hehe, glad I could be of help with teh name, see ya later...

Rockindoxin
D-120,Thanks for the answer smile.

D-120
No problem! If you need any more info about the movie, just ask... big grin

Rockindoxin
Are they making another mummy movie?I heard somewhere they were.What's the plot gonna be this time.Is Oded Fehr going to be in it?Oh yeah,those magi dudes,how do you really magi?Or am I spelling it right?Anybody know what the tattoos on their faces are suppose to mean? stick out tongue

ratcat
Apparently a Mummy 3 is about the Scorpion King and is set 3000 years BC so won't feature Brendan Fraser, but based on what we learnt in 'Returns' I guess there is a possibility of some other stars featuring.

zed
Like we discussed before, the amount of money that they earned on Mummy Returns, its inevitable that they'll make the sequel.

Most of the stars don't want to do it, but a big paycheck will sway their opinion.

D-120
Oh........ confused You mean they actually are making a 3rd, WITH Brendon and Rachel and Jon, etc.? confused

zed
The studio's have decided to make the third and are in the very early stages, I think that they'll want to finish making 'The Scorpion King' before they start on Mummy 3.

I also went to watch 'The Mummy Returns' this friday, and have to give it a thumbs up. The movie is extremly entertaining.

The one main downer was how ILM conned them. The graphics were appaling, most scenes you did'nt notice and looked pretty good. But there were some pretty bad ones.

Final Score 7.2/10

D-120
ILM? Is that the place that did the graphics for The Mummy Returns? I thought the Water scene with Imhotep, and his face in the water, was awesome, just like as Benni put it in the last one "The whole sand wall trick, beutiful." LOL, I liked the 2nd one and I am glad you did also! smile So what did everyone else think of it? (That should get some replies goin'!) laughing out loud Talk to you L8R Zed...

ratcat
I thought that Mummy 3 and The Scorpion King were the same thing.

I really can't see Brendan Fraser doing a third one, he already broke his personal "No Sequels" rule once for Returns.

D-120
That's a very good point RC, but we can hope... big grin I would love the series to just go and go and go and go, but, I somehow doubt that is gonna happen... laughing out loud Oh well, talk to you later guys, roll eyes (sarcastic)

zed
'The Scorpion King' is a spinoff of the Mummy series, and has already been confirmed and are in production of the prequel.

But the third part (or fourth if you include Scorpion) is the one that they'll have trouble signing the stars to return.

finti
Saw it on friday and I liked it. I was entertained for two+ hours

ratcat
Yeah, I had a dig on this and came up with the same info as Zed had already shared.

I wonder if Weiss and Fraser could be turned by the green, and are there any more stories to tell at this stage.

Some series should stop at the top and not fall in sequel infamy…

Darth Gehenna
Mummy Returns was cool and all, but they shouldn't be making a spin-off movie about The Scorpion King, they should be making one about Ardeth Bay, now that would kick ass. Also, I'd love another Mummy movie, bring it on! smile

Gotta love the pigmy mummies in the forest big grin

D-120
Right on DARTH!!!! An ARDETH BAY mvie would be awesome and i agree bring on another mummy movie, also yes those little pigmy duudes in the jung.le were cool big grin PS pardon my spelling i just broke my wrist yesterday so i only have one typing hand sad
Come on guys how bout some sypathy laughing out loud talk to u later

Dim
He could always find a time machine laughing out loud

<lori-b>
The movie The mommy is very cool is the best movie

D-120
well the craze over the mummy 2 has died, untiul its release one video we wont hear much more about it wahhh!!! BUT! we all got in our "Good Comments" about the movie, and thats what matters! so, im gonna say seeya, and ill be starting a new board on here REAL soon, so look for my name guys, im having lots of fun talkin with you people! oh yeah also, i get my cast off in a week!!! YAYAYAYA!!!! c'mon everyone CHEER!!!! laughing out loud

D-120, TIM DASHER

silver_tears
I loved these movieseek!
However the first one was a bit better in my opinion big grin

Kes
The 1st one was waaaaaaaaay better. They got careless in the 2nd cos they just wanted to put it out. Shame!

silver_tears
It was a lot more unrealistic than the first laughing out loud

sentinelrv
Get ready for The Mummy Returns Again!!!!!!!

SnakeEyes
How many of you are fans of this movie?

(The one with Rachel Weisz and Brendan Frasier).

It's filled with stereotpyes and cliches, but I, personally, think it's a fun action/adventure movie. I've liked it since it came out.

Thoughts?

Dusty
It's fun to watch. I'd prefer to watch it over the original, that's for sure.

drewbiefan
The second movie wasn't bad. But i am not a big fan of the mummy.

Ultraman Baltan
First one was bad. Second one rocked.

EPIIIBITES
Both were lifeless, 2nd rate adventure, effects-plastered fluff, with cheesy one-liners and one-dimensional characters.

Basically, Raiders of the Lost Ark for the laymen, bubble-gum moviegoer.

ladygrim
I liked the first one ... well and the second one but out of the 2 i prefer the first laughing out loud ....

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Both were lifeless, 2nd rate adventure, effects-plastered fluff, with cheesy one-liners and one-dimensional characters.

Basically, Raiders of the Lost Ark for the laymen, bubble-gum moviegoer.

I think you're being a little critical.

I mean, somewhat-cheesy adventure/adventure films were all that the movies were supposed/tried to be.

Nothing more, nothing less.

They were supposed to be entertaining, and they were, in my opinion.

Try not to expect so much from a movie like this.

Kelly_LS
Have they begun filming the third one yet?

SnakeEyes
I don't thinka third one is being made &gt;_&gt;

K.Diddy
These movies were pathetic

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hey The Mummy has good special effects. Rachel Weisz is hot to look at. Storyline wise, could have been better. I'm hearing that their is going to be a part 3.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by K.Diddy
These movies were pathetic

Mr Parker
Not me.Saw the first one and never saw the second one after that because I hated the first one so much so dont plan on seeing the next one either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.