Matrix question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
If the Oracle is made by the machines or the architect. Why was she developed? She is the sole reason the resistance is growing strong because if it wasnt for her NEO wouldnt have become "The ONe" She was obviously given the knowledge she has when she was inserted into the matrix as a program. Why would the machines do this? Assuming it is a glitch that she chose to do what she did by some will of god that a machine developed a concious, this being an aspect acquired only by humans, then why doesnt the architect just send agents to kill her. He observes everything in the matrix.

audioheem
The Matrix has to be reloaded at the turn of every cycle and she ensures that it happens. The problem this time is that Neo chose the other door, while the previous anomalies chose the door to zion.

ragesRemorse
ok but this doesnt answer my question on why she was created, Is it just to ensure that she leads Neo on the path the makes him choose the wrong door? This seems like an awfull lot of trouble not to mention great threat to the machines fall. Why not just delete the oracle so she never informs Morpheus of the one, or even from inspiring NEO that he is the ONe

JediHDM
she is just another link in the prophecy chain, she tells them how their meager lives have meaning, and they latch on to it, no matter what she says, cause she's the oracle. And the Oracle is necessary to the continuation of the Matrix, and in controlling the One...

Woodstock
Its another level of control, the oricle is there to control morpheus and "The One". If she did not exist then people would start to reject the code and a resistence would happen anyway, but this way it is structured to how the machines want it and they can control the outcome.

Evil Dead
The Oracle is very important to the Matrix. The Matrix depends on her existence.

The Oracle must guide Neo on his path ensuring that he reaches the computer mainframe to speak with the architect. If Neo never goes to see the architect, he cannot enter the source. If he doesn't enter the source, the Matrix will suffer cataclysmic system failure killing all humans jacked into it.......which would destroy the power source that keeps the machines running.

Sure......Neo did not enter the source and insert his code back into the prime program of the Matrix like he was supposed to......but the previous 5 anomolies had. They were able to do this because the Oracle was there to guide them.

Without the Oracle telling Morpheus that he would find the one...to look for him, how would Morpheus had known to do so? The anomoly would never have been found. If the anomoly was never found, he could have never realized he was the anomoly and follow his path to the Architect.....which would have resulted in a cataclysmic system failure for sure.

Without the Oracle telling Trinity that she would fall in love and that man would be the one, how would Neo realize for sure that he was the one? Neo was dead......Trinity was convinced Neo was the one because she loved him........she had to profess her love and convince him he was the one in order to ressurect him. Without that......Thomas Anderson would have died in the hallway after being shot by Smith numerous times ......and the system would have suffered a cataclysmic system failure for sure.

How does Neo find the keymaker? Hell, how does Neo learn of the Keymaker's very existence? The Oracle tells him. If Neo had never found the Keymaker, he would never have recieved the key that opened the door to the mainframe and the Architect.......which would ofcourse mean that the Matrix would suffer cataclysmic system failure and everybody jacked into it would have died.......which would in turn kill the machines as they would no longer have their power source.

If the Oracle had never been created.........the Matrix program would not be possible.

Sifer
Wouldn't that make her the mother - just a thought smile

JediHDM
not necessarily...im not trying to be difficult, but hear me out...She could just be a form of control, another program placed in the matrix, after the anomaly was discovered, to make the anomaly do what the machines want him to do. I will say that it is possible she is the mother, but it is more concievable that she is just another form of control, so that i believe she isnt the mother.

AliasNeo15
Persephone is the one who keeps them in control though. She is a seperate program they are unaware ofthumb up

ragesRemorse
someone said that if NEO never entered the source to reinsert his code for the matrix, the system would fail and the humans would die from lack of power supply, even though he diddnt do it this time he had the previous five times.

This makes no sense if i go to the store and buy a candy bar, then later travel into the past and stop myself from buying the candy bar then return home. im not still going to have the candy bar i purchased before i stopped myself from buying it.

So how will the matrix have a power source from an action that never took place? NEO broke the loop of making the wrong descion,So he never enters the source. So the past descions that the architect was showing NEO, Which was his future never happend

JediHDM
no, because they are not going back in time, the are restarting the matrix...theres a BIG difference. and the point of the one ENTERING the source is to CONTINUE the cycle, not to stop it.

dave123
hmm, you mention the system failing, right? isnt that what comes up during the final scene of m1? (the phone call)

(sorry if this has come up b4)

JediHDM
no, that is not the system failing, that is the trace program failing. M1 finishes before M2 starts, not after. The system crash, i believe, is Smith himself, or rather, the Smith-virus.

dave123
i had heard rumours that it was after m3, but i didnt realy believe them. I see wot u r saying about Smith, it could be but i thnk its just to showa problem in the matrix (which could be smith...)

The Omega

Matrix_4_ever
testing signatuer

Matrix_4_ever
didnt work no expression

obhaive
Neo getting killed by agent smith is the reason for the smith virus...he comes back to life, flys into smith, explodes him...then smith appears in M2, thanks neo for freeing him and proceeds to copy himself into everyone...conceivably he takes over every person plugged in...so if smith is the cataclysmic overload then neo created it...if neo was never found (i.e. no Oracle) then smith would still be regular agent joe. and everything would be hunky dorey...so would what would be the cataclysmic crash then???

Could it be that the anomaly becomes self aware eventually anyway...thus starting the whole chain of events...The oracle is a control mechnism QED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.