Another Matrix question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
How is it logical that the matrix is a time continum that records the past and present? I mean in Reloaded at the end, when Neo met the architect and found that this has all happend before many times, and he is cought in a loop. How is it that time moves on but the architect and the matrix does not move on with it? Let me try to expalin differently. Neo had in the past chose the different door numerous times, How is it that time repeats itself inside of a timeline that keeps moving into the future?

Crash_Overload
You have to look at it in a different way. WW1 happens over and over again. Because, after the peace settlement, the Archduke (neo) comes back, nd gets shot (okay not Neo) causeing the chain of events up to Germany (the Machines) decid to attack France (Zion) again. So after the peace settlement, The Archduke comes back...... See what I mean? It does not go "copy past" it just repeats itself. INcredible amount of coincidences I know, But It does not "copy past" towards the futur.

ragesRemorse
if it does not copy the past how is it that the architect had all the previous descions recoreded for NEo to witness? Two times lines cannot exist at the same same time, a repeating past does not happen inside of a normal timeline. The writers must have over looked this or just decided that the public wouldnt care, not to slick on the the brothers of an innovative movie such as the original matrix, to rush a movie with as many holes and inconsistancies as matrix reloaded, this whole movie is a contradiction wrapped in an unclear message

JediHDM
no, it is not a contradiction, it is misunderstood, considering the movie isnt technically FINISHED yet...also, the "previous" decisions are not previous decisions, they are choices neo can make, or choices predetermined to be logical courses for Neo to take...all the moniters are in regards to NEO, not any other anomalies...

ragesRemorse
So when the architect says that Neo has made this descion many times before he was lying? It makes no sense that a being is going to be able to sit at one point in time and wait for history to repeat itself all over again while the future rages on, Unless the architect has ability to travel through time and meet NEO when he enters the door

JediHDM
wait, what?! what point are you talking about? tell me the exact lines, and i'll be able to help ou, however, i cannot understand what you're saying. The architect does not travel through time, he sits above the matrix, which is restarted from the beginning everytime the one enters the source.

ragesRemorse
it doesnt matter i was being sarcastic any way. I think youve helped me clear up a few questions. Thank you, this was gnawing away at my mind.

Ushgarak
Yes, this is nothing to do with time travel, it is just the same situation being played out again. it isn't Neo who did it before, it was the people who were previously in his role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.