but for those that don't have enter the matrix, etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vamos
i loved the second film. it wasn't as well shot as number one or as coherent, and certain scenes (the speech and dance - the blackout - the multiple smith fight) were really badly paced and too pompous.

most of what they were saying was either much less amazing than they made it out to be or else more complicated and really needed fleshing out.

so my point is, for those who haven't read the comic, seen all the animatrices and played the game from start to end, is this all going to tie up? if there are things vital we've missed, maybe someone could post what they are?

parts of the film felt like you were expected to know too much. i'd seen flight of the osirisis and knew about the break-in scene so the start didn't baffle me, but all my mates came out going what the hell? the first film really explained everything whilst leaving lots of questions. i know that was part 2 so its hard to judge, but the wachs need to bear in mind those without ps2's or a degree in baudrillard

ps. check out ghost in the shell - wonder where they got some of their ideas from....

:-)

Evil Dead
Actually......I look for Warner Bros. to put out a dvd much like they did with The Matrix Revisited which includes all of the scenes from the ETM game. This way even the non-gamers can pay $15 for the dvd and get all the same info. Ofcourse it would probably have behind the scenes and interviews like TMR........

JediHDM
the comic is available for free to read off the matrix website, as well as four of the animatrix movies, so it is basically just because you DONT want to read/watch them that you haven't. THey are not IMPERATIVE to the continuation of the storyline, however, they provide added insights for those who like to look at all the points of the story, not unlike those of us here...

Cowboyography
Actually you have misseed out on everything and will probably not understand one word of revolutions........................Give into the marketing Machine that is the Matrix and buy everything!!!!!! stick out tongue

JediHDM
well...you could do that, too...but if you dont have the funds to buy Animatrix, just download the four movies off the official site, and that will tide you over for now, as the others are not REAL pertinent, they are, but are not necessary...

Cowboyography
I watched Animatrix again last night, That is good stuff, I cant get enough, mainly World Record WOW

vamos
no i appreciate that. and the things on the website you can read, i have done. but i'm not going to spend 300 quid ( i live in the uk you know, take US prices, then double them! ) to play enter the matrix and learn about some minor plot detail.

i've watched both films several times, and did a course in simulacra and simulation at uni so i'd like to think i'm not being thick. but there are points in the movie where it wasn't clear enough. and in something like the matrix, a name can be the difference between realisation and sitting in the dark.

lets face it, matrix one wasn't rocket science. it opened a lot of peoples perceptions to things they'd thought about briefly but never dwelt on. it was a brave hollywood movie and a great piece of film-making, but films like ghost in the shell, blade runner, lawnmower man, etc all dealt with stuff like this. what it did well was answer enough questions to keep the casual fan happy and leave several windows open for the fans, like us.

but the new films have so far been full of their own p*** and importance. i'm praying that all the deep theories that people on this forum express about the matrix are true, i'd love to think there were 2 matrices, or that the sky isn't ******* or even down to the details people notice and hope have all been put there deliberately

but a bit of me is still dreading this movie. if it has an ending involving kissing, a cheesy end like "this is not the end but the end of the beginning", and a kid, we're all going to be gutted. that massaging the heart bit in reloaded was appalling...

this forums the best thing the matrix will ever do. its getting us talking and expressing notions most movies or books ever touch on. it's going to let us all down to a certain extent, and i'd almost rather never know the end if it kept us talking about issues that a 2 hour movie will never fully address.

but i'd just like to know what happened in the game and other animatrix movies so that i'm not sitting there like most of the critics whinging about the effects rather than appreciating the storyline, simply cause we didn't get it....

tshirt
I would venture that you will not be happy with the ending. I have no clue as to what the ending will be, but would hazard a guess that it will 1) Deal with how "love" is the defining emotion that seperates humans from robots and other animals. 2) That someone important is going to die (Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Oracle, etc.) 3) But most important, that there will be many questions left unanswered. While certain people are plainly good or bad (Neo/Smith) others will remain in the "Grey" area. Many issues regarding what is the right thing to do, will be left open for the audience to debate.

It will not be a clean goodguy beats bad guy, gets the girl and the money and lives happily ever after ending.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.