Coldplay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
LOVING them

SlayerChick1188
oh yes!!!! Coldplay has some of the most AMAZING Songs!!!

LindsIsTightK
I find that I like a lot of their older stuff much better then their newer stuff. I think my favorite songs are probably Spies and Trouble. There are a couple of other ones but I can't remember what they are called.

BackFire349
They are ok, although i get tired of their videos,they all consist of the guy just walking towards the camera with different backdrops.

LindsIsTightK
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that because I noticed that a long time ago as well. Still can't figure out why they win so many awards.

BackFire349
Yeah, and they win teh same award every year, "best new artist" how can they be best new artist 4 years in a row, that doesn't make sense.... Damn MTV and their retarded logic. They are making the youngers of this country retarded.

mechmoggy
I've liked Coldplay from their humble beginnings.

My fave track is still "Shiver", its pure quality. cool

fanatos
Love all their songs. My faves are Politik, Clocks, Trouble, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and The Scientist. smile

Vader
God put a smile upon my face OH YEAH...

lil bitchiness
confused I dont like them...i could slash my wrists listening to their music...

Aesma
I like it because of that.

It's so depresses me hearing their songs, which is a bit of my fault which I let their music mingle with memories.

But they're good. I love their songs to death.

lil bitchiness
Their songs dont depress me at all...they just bore me. It gets relly teadious after a while..to me anyway..

alic88
i have only listened2 of their songs, clocks and the scientist. awesome

amity75
I'll second that.

Steven
i like coldplay but have you seen there concert.......so boring

total metalhead
i find their music dull and their videos more so. the singer has such an annoying voice too. whenever i hear one of their songs i get a sudden urge to kill everyone in the room smile

Aesma
Hehehehe.

This is where being a Nomad serves me well. It allows me to enjoy every song and music that was ever created to a certain extent, but more than most.

Coldplay has songs that is beautiful, but its beauty is just different from the eyes of others.

The more things you loose, the more one will appreciate it, I've lost a lot. -grins-

I like Coldplay, but like most songs and favourite bands, I can't listen to them all the time, this is why I can never be a fanatic to any genre or group. Variety is the spice of life. smile

steely balls
Cold play is awesome i don't find them boring at all. their refreshing and orginal. And stop saying their music is depressing the tone of the music can be for some songs listen to their lyrics people will understand why they are sooooooooo good. but otherwise they are realistic and up beat.

Inwë Nólatári
I love Coldplay. Clocks RULE!!!!!!!!

*Georgina_A*
Coldplay are one of my favourite bands. Sometimes when I listen to their songs I feel like crying because I think their songs are so beautiful.

Scotty
i like the scientist

PurityKnight
I can't stand em! sick ^^^this is so funny^^ ...do ya know this budger song thing ?

Df02
they bore me, and i always mix them up with Travis, and vice versa

ElectricBugaloo
i like them in moderation; i can't listen to them for that long, but in short bursts whne i am looking for some lowkey music, they are pretty good.

KMC
Yellow, is a good song but apart from that they bore me. I have Rush of Blood... but it isnt that great. Alot of their songs sound too similar.
They are alright in their own way.

Kate xx

ElectricBugaloo
I think that Yellow is their most boring song. I don't really like Parachutes, but there are 4-5 good songs on A Rush of...

KMC
^Boring? Intresting point of view.

Kate xx

Elanor
they rule!! they arent my very fav band but they are really cool! but you must be in that particular mood to listen to them....let's say this is the 'coldplay mood' wink

flavinho
it's a great band to me...faves are the Scientist, Yellow, IN MY PLACE and Clockssmile

Smallvill_Li
The Scientist is my favorite song of them but i also like In My Place
wink

Alpha Centauri
Coldplay need to stop.

Just stop.

-AC

Lana
Coldplay?

yawn

Such a boring, tiresome band. Every one of their songs sound exactly the same.

They sound like they're trying to be Radiohead....

Deathblow
Course they are, just like every other depressing, flat ''indie'' rock band around today. I swear Radiohead must be close to Nirvana as the most obviously replicated band of all time.

Alpha Centauri
I disagree.

Radiohead have never been replicated. Coldplay are one of those bands who aren't obviously as pop as Britney Spears, so the idiots think that if they like Coldplay or a guy at a piano, it means they like good music.

They're the piano version of Franz Ferdinand.

-AC

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, and they win teh same award every year, "best new artist" how can they be best new artist 4 years in a row, that doesn't make sense.... Damn MTV and their retarded logic. They are making the youngers of this country retarded.

laughing Man. This post made me laugh, mostly because it's true...

cool_dudes_rule
yeah there alright.

Maya Zurak
I like Coldplay, even when sometimes makes me sleep ^^
My fav song "Trouble" & video "The Scientist"

exanda kane
I've seen Colplay live a few times = those moments were inspired. No, it wasnt head-rushing andreniline excitement..but it was pure joy.

There all albums are great but I really, really enjoyed X & Y. Some of the songs on are something else. Although they are going to have to change on the new record and change the direction of the music. They have pushed piano ballads as far as they can go.

Alpha Centauri
They've not pushed anything.

Of course there are many shit bands in the world but Kerrang said it best when they said that the only thing bands such as Coldplay are doing for British music or music in general, is turning it into a slab of boring, grey music for grey people.

-AC

el_barto
Coldplay is ok, but they tend to have the same songs over, and over, and over, and over. Same with the videos.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by el_barto
Coldplay is ok, but they tend to have the same songs over, and over, and over, and over. Same with the videos.

Then why is this "ok"? At least make it good music.

-AC

Aj333
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I disagree.

Radiohead have never been replicated. Coldplay are one of those bands who aren't obviously as pop as Britney Spears, so the idiots think that if they like Coldplay or a guy at a piano, it means they like good music.

They're the piano version of Franz Ferdinand.

-AC

That is so true. I know some people who listen to Coldplay and they think Coldplay are rock, but if you listen to anything they do it sounds way pop. The only part of that i disagree with is the Franz Ferdinand part cause i can actually stand Franz Ferdinand most of the time, where as Coldplay i have to change the chanel or run away FAST

Nay sayer
I would just like to say that Coldplay is awesome--they've come out with three great albums--I personally liken them to U2--

lil bitchiness
I hate Coldply. Their music makes me wanna slit my wrists. Bad.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Nay sayer
I would just like to say that Coldplay is awesome--they've come out with three great albums--I personally liken them to U2--

I liken them to U2 also. Boring music for boring people who strive for credibility without trying and ironically, don't gain it.

-AC

Eis
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
That's hilarious...

I liken them to U2 also. Boring music for boring people who strive for credibility without trying and ironically, don't gain it.

-AC
laughing out loud I like Coldplay and I'd hardly qualify myself as a boring person striving for credibility without trying and don't gain it.
I think that post is idiotic to say the least, clasifying people by their music tastes... I expected more from the great AC

WindDancer
I somewhat agree with you there Eis. I been a fan of U2 since I was a little puke. And I don't consider myself boring (unless other people perceived me differently) and occasionally listen to Coldplay. I do like that song clocks and do like their piano songs. I don't think coldplay is a great band but they're okayish.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
laughing out loud I like Coldplay and I'd hardly qualify myself as a boring person striving for credibility without trying and don't gain it.
I think that post is idiotic to say the least, clasifying people by their music tastes... I expected more from the great AC

Don't take what I say too literally. I am, after all, the great AC. I'm also human and partial to a little non-literal humour too. I wasn't classifying people by their music tastes either, I was comparing the two.

A suggestion you may wanna take heed of smile.

It also doesn't make my claim any less true. Coldplay are a band continually cited by people who don't want to seem too into shit music and see Coldplay as safe middle ground, which was my point. As said in a previous post.

-AC

Bierbommetje
I can appreciate a song or 2 by em, but most of their songs sound kinda dull.

They are in no way the piano version of Franz Ferdinand though.

Franz Ferdinand are actually quite good.

Alpha Centauri
Franz Ferdinand are close to being one of the dullest bands around. When I said piano version of Franz Ferdinand I meant they are in the sense of, same thing all the time. If you love their first album, you'll love their 6th. They aren't gonna change, they've hit a formula that works and due to their lack of talent, they'll keep producing it.

-AC

Ronny
embarrasment I like them. Guilty pleasure... like everclear

ninja

Eis
Don't take what I say too literally. I am, after all, the great AC. I'm also human and partial to a little non-literal humour too. I wasn't classifying people by their music tastes either, I was comparing the two.

A suggestion you may wanna take heed of smile.

It also doesn't make my claim any less true. Coldplay are a band continually cited by people who don't want to seem too into shit music and see Coldplay as safe middle ground, which was my point. As said in a previous post.

-AC
How are we (less-than great people) supposed to know when u are and when you're not kidding?
Comparing the two? as in people who listen to coldplay and those who don't?

AAnd about that last bit, it still is idiotic to generalize I'm not a boring person I don't give a damn if people think im into 'shit music' I like what I like.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
How are we (less-than great people) supposed to know when u are and when you're not kidding?
Comparing the two? as in people who listen to coldplay and those who don't?

AAnd about that last bit, it still is idiotic to generalize I'm not a boring person I don't give a damn if people think im into 'shit music' I like what I like.

Why is that last part needed? You know I wasn't seriously generalising.

I've never said you have no right to listen to Coldplay. They are shit though.

-AC

Eis
Why is that last part needed? You know I wasn't seriously generalising.

I've never said you have no right to listen to Coldplay. They are shit though.

-AC
necessary? this whole conversation is not necessary, I was just making my point. And I never said u said I had no right to listen coldplay... dont be so paranoic.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not being paranoiD. I'm making a point.

-AC

L0KI
I can't tolerate them for longer than a couple of seconds. I do agree that they receive too much unearned critical acclaim.

Bierbommetje
Franz Ferdinand are close to being one of the dullest bands around. When I said piano version of Franz Ferdinand I meant they are in the sense of, same thing all the time. If you love their first album, you'll love their 6th. They aren't gonna change, they've hit a formula that works and due to their lack of talent, they'll keep producing it.

-AC

I don't really have a problem with bands hitting a formula and sticking to it, as long as the formula is good.

Rammstein are a good example.

Coldplay just repeat a really dull formula.

Alpha Centauri
Rammstein have sound that is theirs, that's a lot different to just having a sound you repeat over and over.

They sound like they do because they are Rammstein. Reise, Reise is different to Mutter, Mutter is different to Sehnsucht. Coldplay's albums are hardly different.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

-AC

Paranoic is a word you phlegmer.

Deathblow
Ha, maybe I'm going insane, but I quite like their new single. Doesn't sound like anything they've done before, it's...not boring.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Paranoic is a word you phlegmer.

I chose to use the term paranoid, you mucus.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I chose to use the term paranoid, you mucus.

-AP

Hahaha. So amazingly idiotic. 'I chose to use the term paranoid'. Why did you capitalise the 'd' then, you pathetic excuse for a human?

Look at you.

Lookatcha.

alic88
They're better than a lot of mainstream stuff out there

Lana
Um, no they're not.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha. So amazingly idiotic. 'I chose to use the term paranoid'. Why did you capitalise the 'd' then, you pathetic excuse for a human?

Look at you.

Lookatcha.

Did, was distinguishing between the term he used and the one I used. Paranoic to paranoid. Because if I didn't, he'd have said "I didn't say paranoid."

I'm a superb reason for a human. Hope you get nuclear warshot by kids.

Originally posted by alic88
They're better than a lot of mainstream stuff out there

Examples?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Did, was distinguishing between the term he used and the one I used. Paranoic to paranoid. Because if I didn't, he'd have said "I didn't say paranoid."

That's gotta be the worth of boast worlds.

Don't you mean the worst of both worlds?

No, you do mean 'the worth of boast worlds'. IE, in the world of boasters, not the biscuits, people who boast, their worth..

el_barto
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Well arent we just a bundle of sunshine?

L0KI
That's gotta be the worth of boast worlds.

Don't you mean the worst of both worlds?

No, you do mean 'the worth of boast worlds'. IE, in the world of boasters, not the biscuits, people who boast, their worth..

laughing out loud

alic88

I'm a superb reason for a human. Hope you get nuclear warshot by kids.

Examples?

-AC

To name a few. Black Eyed Peas, Good Charlotte, Sum41, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Hoobastunk. I'd Rather listen to Coldplay when i turn the radio on. Its always a matter of opinion

Alpha Centauri
It's not always, but I do agree with you to some extent.

-AC

Eis

-AC
When people start to make fun of typos in an argument they look really desperate to make the other person seem stupid.

It's pathetic.

Alpha Centauri
Not as desperate as people who come back after everything has died down, around two days later, and start calling people pathetic.

-AC

Imaginary
Not a Coldplay fan but yeah I agree with alic88, I'd rather listen to them if there's crap on the radio.

Ballister
I love CP. They're awesome, and I do agree about the mainstream music. Examples of MainStream music:
1.The stuff the often play on Star 94
2.The stuff they usually play at school events (Either that or like, old pop music)
3. The stuff that they have on school polls.

Eis
Not as desperate as people who come back after everything has died down, around two days later, and start calling people pathetic.

-AC
That's not being desperate, that's being extremely bored. stick out tongue

Punkyhermy
Coldplay: music doesn't get any better than this.

When Chris Martin croons in his mellow tones, "nothing else compares" he may as well be refering to the musical phenomenon that his band have proved themselves to be. Starting off with their folk inspired Parachutes to the very electrifying proof of their versatility X&Y, all the've done is simple beautiful.

Short, spare, succinct along with pretty, soulful melodies and philosophical bits of wordings, they have me floored since I discovered them about a year ago. They are "something beautiful" alright.And then some more. wink happy

jaden101
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Coldplay: music doesn't get any better than this.

When Chris Martin croons in his mellow tones, "nothing else compares" he may as well be refering to the musical phenomenon that his band have proved themselves to be. Starting off with their folk inspired Parachutes to the very electrifying proof of their versatility X&Y, all the've done is simple beautiful.

Short, spare, succinct along with pretty, soulful melodies and philosophical bits of wordings, they have me floored since I discovered them about a year ago. They are "something beautiful" alright.And then some more. wink happy

i do feel like crying when i read things like this...do people genuinely think this way about coldplay?

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by jaden101
i do feel like crying when i read things like this...do people genuinely think this way about coldplay?
What the f**k?
Do elaborate.

jaden101
What the f**k?
Do elaborate.

well either you genuinely think that coldplay are musically magnificent and make this judgement based on musical knowlege or you merely haven't experienced the plethora of far more brilliant musicians in the world

one is excusable and the other isn't

Punkyhermy
well either you genuinely think that coldplay are musically magnificent and make this judgement based on musical knowlege or you merely haven't experienced the plethora of far more brilliant musicians in the world

one is excusable and the other isn't

I'd think that the fact that they are as good as they are will remain a constant regardless of how big this pool of magificent musicians get. They have the substance to them that I'm sure will only have them standing in the long run and survive petty fan based baseless criticism.

jaden101
I'd think that the fact that they are as good as they are will remain a constant regardless of how big this pool of magificent musicians get. They have the substance to them that I'm sure will only have them standing in the long run and survive petty fan based baseless criticism.

they may well last a long time dependant on the trends of music...but only if they evolve to keep mainstream....which is exactly what they've done...their first album was a huge hit when the acoustic movement that brought about David Gray, Damien Rice and travis and such bands...these artists stuck to that format...and when the trend moved onto bands like Bloc Party, the strokes and other more rythmic and up tempo bands so coldplay followed....with much less talent but a trend driven fan base that will lap it up

hell even U2 deserve more respect cause they've stuck to the same sound and still sold shed loads of albums

i've no doubt that coldplays next album will follow the trend which apprears as if its going to be the likes of the fratellis, the automatic etc...

Punkyhermy
they may well last a long time dependant on the trends of music...but only if they evolve to keep mainstream....which is exactly what they've done...their first album was a huge hit when the acoustic movement that brought about David Gray, Damien Rice and travis and such bands...these artists stuck to that format...and when the trend moved onto bands like Bloc Party, the strokes and other more rythmic and up tempo bands so coldplay followed....with much less talent but a trend driven fan base that will lap it up

hell even U2 deserve more respect cause they've stuck to the same sound and still sold shed loads of albums

i've no doubt that coldplays next album will follow the trend which apprears as if its going to be the likes of the fratellis, the automatic etc...

Since when is expanding out and experimenting with different sounds and styles make something potentially 'bad'? It is uninspiring to stick with onething and the hesitency to branch out doesn't cast people in so much of a favorable light.

Versatility is a key aspect of what makes Coldplay tick. They use it to their advantage.Nothing wrong about using their assets to the best. The fact remainds that they are very good at what they do and deliver to their audiences full satisfaction.

Alpha Centauri
Coldplay, versatile? Are you even trying to be serious?

They've produced the same album three times.

-AC

jaden101
Since when is expanding out and experimenting with different sounds and styles make something potentially 'bad'? It is uninspiring to stick with onething and the hesitency to branch out doesn't cast people in so much of a favorable light.

Versatility is a key aspect of what makes Coldplay tick. They use it to their advantage.Nothing wrong about using their assets to the best. The fact remainds that they are very good at what they do and deliver to their audiences full satisfaction.

versatillity isn't a bad thing and dont think for a second i'm saying it is...one of my favourite artists...Ryan Adams...has experimented with many different genres of music...the difference between him (and i'm sure AC would say Mike Patton as well) is that they dont just release albums with music that's popular at the time..they both have pressed ahead with what they wanted to do at the time regardless of whether its a trend knowing that their talent is enough to make it sell

coldplay are different...they dont set trends...they follow them safe in the knowledge that it'll sell because it's what's marketable rather than it being good

their have been plenty "respected" bands that have also done this...look at the likes of the happy mondays, doves (originally 808 state)...they were all borne from acid house and dance in the 80's and early 90's...they changed their styles when those trends went out of favour

jaden101

-AC

with more bells on though...the bigger the budget the more bells you can add to hide your lack of actual musical ability...makes your music appear to have more depth and skill when it acutally doesn't

point in case...i can try and play the blues on my guitar and it'll sound like shit...i put it through a little bit of gain and stick a cry baby wah pedal and it sounds ace...even though it's still in reality total shit

Alpha Centauri
The funniest part is that the song getting the most praise off X & Y is Talk, and the melody line from that is stolen from a Kraftwerk song.

-AC

Punkyhermy
The funniest part is that the song getting the most praise off X & Y is Talk, and the melody line from that is stolen from a Kraftwerk song.

-AC

Sure it is. And and Coldplay dutifully credited Kraftwerk because of that.Praise is been given while acknowledgeing the fact and there's nothing more or less to it. What is amusing is that this is common knowledge among anyone who knows anything about Coldplay and seems to be perfectly accepted too. People like you, however seem to pull at all sorts of baseless threads to criticize and then some more. erm

Alpha Centauri
It's probably because Coldplay are trite, turgid rubbish, doing nothing to accelerate or better the current state of music.

-AC

Punkyhermy

-AC

It would benefit you if you at least look up that which you seem so intent to argue against, and quite embarassingly baselessly so. Compare Parachutes and X&Y. Their evolution and versatility is evident and so is their signature mellow style. Its perfectly normal for albums no matter how experimental to sound like at least the work of the same band you know. wink

Punkyhermy
It's probably because Coldplay are trite, turgid rubbish, doing nothing to accelerate or better the current state of music.

-AC

roll eyes (sarcastic) That just isn't deserving of a response.

Punkyhermy
versatillity isn't a bad thing and dont think for a second i'm saying it is...one of my favourite artists...Ryan Adams...has experimented with many different genres of music...the difference between him (and i'm sure AC would say Mike Patton as well) is that they dont just release albums with music that's popular at the time..they both have pressed ahead with what they wanted to do at the time regardless of whether its a trend knowing that their talent is enough to make it sell

coldplay are different...they dont set trends...they follow them safe in the knowledge that it'll sell because it's what's marketable rather than it being good

their have been plenty "respected" bands that have also done this...look at the likes of the happy mondays, doves (originally 808 state)...they were all borne from acid house and dance in the 80's and early 90's...they changed their styles when those trends went out of favour

They know their stuff. Know how the music industry works and how to pull strings to ensure success while delivering beautiful music along the way.Why should being smart about their success count against them? LOL.

I have no problem whatsoever with them being marketability smart. More power to them.More beautiful music for me.

Alpha Centauri
If you think for one second that Chris Martin is some corporate mastermind, then you know Coldplay less than you think. He's incredibly stupid, he makes political statements to look cool without knowing what they mean, he disses his own music. Which means it's all done for him, the marketing. In which case, being a corporate whooping post means you're no longer an artist.

Simple rule of life.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Coldplay are one of those few bands that I absolutely cannot stand. They try too hard to make their music sound epic and deep, but anyone with even the slightest taste in music can see through it.

jaden101
They know their stuff. Know how the music industry works and how to pull strings to ensure success while delivering beautiful music along the way.Why should being smart about their success count against them? LOL.

I have no problem whatsoever with them being marketability smart. More power to them.More beautiful music for me.

but if you had genuine talent then you wouldn't need to change your music deliberately to stay marketable...you would be marketable regardless because people would appreciate your music because of the music and not because it fits in with what the industry is deciding to promote at the time

it's no different from supermarket advertising..they can sell shed loads of whatever they wanted simply by puting it in peoples faces regardless of whether its actually any good or not

JB

Punkyhermy
If you think for one second that Chris Martin is some corporate mastermind, then you know Coldplay less than you think. He's incredibly stupid, he makes political statements to look cool without knowing what they mean, he disses his own music. Which means it's all done for him, the marketing. In which case, being a corporate whooping post means you're no longer an artist.

Simple rule of life.

-AC

You amuse me. Its like you are just desperate for every tiny little thing to pull and mock at. Grow up some. Let them be.You don't have to like them, but at least when attempting to put up an arguemnt come up with points more repute worthy than "He disses Bush." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nice sig by the way. wink

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Coldplay are one of those few bands that I absolutely cannot stand. They try too hard to make their music sound epic and deep, but anyone with even the slightest taste in music can see through it.

Not at all.

I get the sense that you are one of the many who blindingly resort to bashing just to satisfy some imature need inside to lash out at any band favorable to the general public just because you feel this immature need to assert your individuality. I know mentalities like this too well,haha.

Their music is beautiful, and lyrics have substance. smile

Punkyhermy
but if you had genuine talent then you wouldn't need to change your music deliberately to stay marketable...you would be marketable regardless because people would appreciate your music because of the music and not because it fits in with what the industry is deciding to promote at the time

it's no different from supermarket advertising..they can sell shed loads of whatever they wanted simply by puting it in peoples faces regardless of whether its actually any good or not

JB

The flaw in your logic is that you seem to put way to much faith in people. Its these people of yours that is the reason Paris' Hilton's butchering of music is at the top of the charts. wink

People can be incredibly stupid. Why should people with talent rely on the good tastes of people to discover them when they might as well quicken the process by a few smart pulling of corporate strings?

Meus Amor
I can barely stand Coldplay, and I honestly don't know why. It's a combination of things, mainly that their music doesn't feel smooth, but rather forced, and that they just seem kind of... fake messed

jaden101
The flaw in your logic is that you seem to put way to much faith in people. Its these people of yours that is the reason Paris' Hilton's butchering of music is at the top of the charts. wink

People can be incredibly stupid. Why should people with talent rely on the good tastes of people to discover them when they might as well quicken the process by a few smart pulling of corporate strings?

people can be incredibly stupid...you are correct...

but who is more stupid...the people who like Paris Hiltons music even though they know that its shallow, corporate driven rubbish that requires no intelligence or taste to listen to

or the people who like coldplay...which is also corporate driven music yet somehow think it's deep and meaningful when the fact is that its written purely to follow trends that others have created and make as much money as possible

there is no artistic integrity behind coldplay's music...it's made deliberately to tease money from people who are to lazy to discover good music for themselves

Echuu
there is no artistic integrity behind coldplay's music...it's made deliberately to tease money from people who are to lazy to discover good music for themselves

Have you ever listened to any of their albums all the way through?

jaden101
yes...all of them...and to this day the only song i can stand is dont panic...

Echuu

Good. I can't stand people who judge a band off of one song they hear on the radio.

Punkyhermy

Don't Panic is a succint, sweet lovely song. smile

If you can't stand them why do you even bother to listen through all their albums?So you can find things to baselessly criticize?

jaden101
Don't Panic is a succint, sweet lovely song. smile

If you can't stand them why do you even bother to listen through all their albums?So you can find things to baselessly criticize?

everyone is capable of redemption...you would also expect that anyone who plays their instruments alot will gradually get better at them over time

which is why i cant understand the need for adding layers of extra production onto albums simply because you can afford to spend more money on it

if you are confident in your ability as a song writer there is no need for the extras

look at jose gonzalez...he is in reality not that great a vocalist but his song writing ability doesn't require extra layers of crap to shore it up...why?...because his guitar playing and his song writing speak for themselves and thats why it's been one of the most acclaimed albums of the last year

Alpha Centauri
You amuse me. Its like you are just desperate for every tiny little thing to pull and mock at. Grow up some. Let them be.You don't have to like them, but at least when attempting to put up an arguemnt come up with points more repute worthy than "He disses Bush." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nice sig by the way. wink

I never once mentioned him dissing Bush. He puts forward all this "Make Trade Fair!" nonsense, but when asked about it, he had no clue what the hell it meant.

They make dull, trite, derivative crap. If you like it, fine, but it's shit.

I don't diss a band unless I've heard enough to base my claims on. My sister has all three of their albums...IE: Might as well just have one. If you've heard one Coldplay song, you've heard them all.

If you rely more on marketing than you do on your music then you're more salesman than musician, end of story. Hence why Chris Martin relies on trying to make everyone like him, because he actually admits his music is shit. He actually does it on stage, he introduced one song as "This is crap, this is Westlife in disguise".

People then go "Awww, he's cute..." and buy the albums. That's not an artist, and Coldplay aren't true artists. That said, you're a girl...I've yet to find a die hard Coldplay fan who happens to be male and defend them in a way such as you.

-AC

jaden101
exactly...i'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy and all i can think of is this

a true artist like van gogh creates a masterpiece for it's beauty...it may well end up being worth a shed load of money because his ability shines through although the huge amount of money was never the original intention

someone comes along and decides to make make cheap prints available of the van gogh painting in order to sell loads and make money

no talent is needed to copy someone elses art deliberately to make money

thats the equivalent of what coldplay do...the follow on the backs on people who make music for musics sake...one of those artists creates a new trend...coldplay mould their music to copy that trend deliberately to make money...

Punkyhermy
everyone is capable of redemption...you would also expect that anyone who plays their instruments alot will gradually get better at them over time

which is why i cant understand the need for adding layers of extra production onto albums simply because you can afford to spend more money on it

if you are confident in your ability as a song writer there is no need for the extras

look at jose gonzalez...he is in reality not that great a vocalist but his song writing ability doesn't require extra layers of crap to shore it up...why?...because his guitar playing and his song writing speak for themselves and thats why it's been one of the most acclaimed albums of the last year

You seem to have a distinct, not too fancy, down to the core musical taste which is great for you if that floats your boat. However, music is far above and beyond just one style and tone.Just because Coldplay doesn't meet your standards for quiter performances, doesn't make them inferior musicians. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Coldplay, their second album A Rush of Blood to the Head specifically had critics soaring if acclaim is what you are looking for. They are very good at what they do. Everyone seems to acknowledge that except those who are I dunno...too stubborn to see.erm

Alpha Centauri
You seem to have a distinct, not too fancy, down to the core musical taste which is great for you if that floats your boat. However, music is far above and beyond just one style and tone.Just because Coldplay doesn't meet your standards for quiter performances, doesn't make them inferior musicians. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, the fact that they are musicians that aren't technically gifted is what makes them inferior musicians.

Coldplay, their second album A Rush of Blood to the Head specifically had critics soaring if acclaim is what you are looking for. They are very good at what they do. Everyone seems to acknowledge that except those who are I dunno...too stubborn to see.erm

Exactly, everyone acknowledges it because they're too scared to see otherwise. The Emperor's new clothes style.

"Everyone is saying this is great, if we don't like it we're probably holders of bad taste. Let's like it.".

Critic reviews mean nothing, essentially. All they are is opinions, them being printed doesn't make them any closer to fact.

-AC

Punkyhermy
I never once mentioned him dissing Bush. He puts forward all this "Make Trade Fair!" nonsense, but when asked about it, he had no clue what the hell it meant.

They make dull, trite, derivative crap. If you like it, fine, but it's shit.

I'm sorry but the immaturity you keep putting on display has me baffled. Don't know how seriously I should take your claims based on the tone of argument you choose to put forth. erm

Its just not what floats your boat. Why is that so hard for you to see? Does not meeting your musical standards make them inferior? ha. I'd fear for musicians if that had any ounce of truth to it. Especially after your recent talking about the lack of importance of lyrics in music. no expression

haha. You're 'arguments' if you will only continue to baffle me further. WHY, oh WHY is 'good music' if you will dependant on a failure of sorts in its marketability? WHY can't 'good music' be commercially as well as musically be succeful. Coldplay are the whole package, hon. wink Nothing wrong with that picture at all.

He is beautiful. smile And he's an artist gifted with beautiful writing skills. You of course don't consider the importance of words so I suppose its a moot point anyway. erm

haha. Because you testestrone influed macho wannabes cringe at the very thought of some of males throwing away the concept of the overhyped 'machoism' and resort to creating heartfelt and pretty music that points to the fact that hard, too loud for the ears sound making need not necessarily apply. That's all there is to it.

Punkyhermy
No, the fact that they are musicians that aren't technically gifted is what makes them inferior musicians.

Exactly, everyone acknowledges it because they're too scared to see otherwise. The Emperor's new clothes style.

"Everyone is saying this is great, if we don't like it we're probably holders of bad taste. Let's like it.".

Critic reviews mean nothing, essentially. All they are is opinions, them being printed doesn't make them any closer to fact.

-AC

aha. So this is what it comes down to,eh?

"I don't like Coldplay because I wanna sound different than the large masses."

And you think that by..."not being scared" if you will, you are what? Braver?Smarter? And you had this coming, "cooler"?

erm

Just as I had figured.

Alpha Centauri
I'm sorry but he immaturity you keep putting on display has me baffled. Don't know how seriously I should take your claims based on the tone of argument you choose to put forth. erm

IE: "I don't wish to accept that the man who's band I love, is an idiot and a tryhard.", fine with me. I speak nothing but the truth.

Its just not what floats your boat. Why is that so hard for you to see? Does not meeting your musical standards make them inferior? ha. I'd fear for musicians if that had any ounce of truth to it. Especially after your recent talking about the lack of importance of lyrics in music. no expression

Yes, not meeting my musical tastes is what makes them inferior to me. What else would it be? I think they're shit, boring and uninventive in every single way possible, they try too hard and achieve even less in the eyes of people who know true artistry.

Lyrics don't "matter". They can be a great added bonus, but essentially they do not matter, and the fact that you believe they do is what retracts any credibility from anything you say. YOU may prefer lyrics, but FACTUALLY they are not equal to music. It's not up for debate. There are hundreds of bands in the world making great music, some with shit lyrics, some with good, some with excellent. The point is, the music is good throughout, which is what matters. Not the lyrics.

haha. You're 'arguments' if you will only continue to baffle me further. WHY, oh WHY is 'good music' if you will dependant on a failure of sorts in its marketability? WHY can't 'good music' be commercially as well as musically be succeful. Coldplay are the whole package, hon. wink Nothing wrong with that picture at all.

It's not dependent on marketability, and anyone who's loved music long enough would know such a thing. If you are shit, mediocre or poor, then it depends on marketability, a la Coldplay. Bands who make great music do not need to rely on that. Do you see how it works? Try finding music that isn't rammed down your throat by TV and tabloids, try buying what YOU want, not what you are told to buy, and maybe you'll get some worthy knowledge.

Coldplay change to serve their fans, which is BS. They're nothing more than piano playing Spice Girls, if that's the case.

He is beautiful. smile And he's an artist gifted with beautiful writing skills. You of course don't consider the importance of words so I suppose its a moot point anyway. erm

Beautiful writing skills? He is playing you like an arcade machine, just like every Coldplay fan. If you like ONE Coldplay song, you'll more than likely be a fan of every album they ever do, why? Because Chris Martin can't do anything else, so he just keeps your money coming in by churning out the same album. I see it because I know better, you don't because...you don't.

haha. Because you testestrone influed macho wannabes cringe at the very thought of some of males throwing away the concept of the overhyped 'machoism' and resort to creating heartfelt and pretty music that points to the fact that hard, too loud for the ears sound making need not necessarily apply. That's all there is to it.

Excuse me? Too loud for the ears? Aww you're scared of anything that isn't a British guy playing a piano? Poor you.

I own all different kinds of music, from heavy to soft. From ridiculously heavy to amazingly soft. It's not soft that I have a problem with, it's shit. IE: Coldplay.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
aha. So this is what it comes down to,eh?

"I don't like Coldplay because I wanna sound different than the large masses."

And you think that by..."not being scared" if you will, you are what? Braver?Smarter? And you had this coming, "cooler"?

erm

Just as I had figured.

It has nothing to do with the masses at all, I couldn't care any less about what the masses think. I like whatever I like, and I don't give a shit who agrees or disagrees with me, unlike you. I don't need to rabidly jump to the defense of a band I like, because I know they're great and I know I like them, so what anyone else says amounts to nothing. Coldplay fans, Fall Out Boy fans, *Insert another girly band here* fans, they all defend the bands because they think they are being "music fans".

However, the masses love what they are told to love, buy what they are told to buy, and are so eager to make themselves feel smart, that they'll buy a Coldplay album. If Coldplay made music I liked, I couldn't care less if everyone on Earth liked them, I'd like them, but they're shit, so I don't. The FACT is, people often like them because everyone else does, not because they like the band.

You however, seemingly have no concept, common sense or musical intellect or independence to speak of.

-AC

RedAlertv2

I get the sense that you are one of the many who blindingly resort to bashing just to satisfy some imature need inside to lash out at any band favorable to the general public just because you feel this immature need to assert your individuality.

If that were true, I wouldnt listen to Blink 182, Green Day, Death Cab, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. I dont judge bands based on their popularity

jaden101
thats a misjudgement on your part...i have many bands with more complex music that is also brilliants written and brilliantly played...one of the better recent examples being the racontuers debet album...it is also getting lots of commercial success...proving that talent sells as much as trends do but is done for the art and has credibility

this is a pretty simple marker of what makes a musically skillful artist

can a shitty average, little talent pub band easily do covers of coldplay?...yes...i know this because i see it all the time

can your average shitty no talent pub singer do a cover version of jeff buckley's version of hallelujah?...cant say i've ever seen it done myself

of course if you had some experience of music you would have pulled me up on the fact that hallelujah isn't even a jeff buckley song....it's a Leonard Cohen cover version

which actually helps prove my point that if you were to go out and look for some music or take some of the recommendations from people on hear then you will most likely discover music that you will love far more than anything by coldplay

take papabeard's recommendation....midlake...i took it...bought the album "the trials of van occupanther" and it's absolutely brilliant

WrathfulDwarf

However, the masses love what they are told to love, buy what they are told to buy, and are so eager to make themselves feel smart, that they'll buy a Coldplay album. If Coldplay made music I liked, I couldn't care less if everyone on Earth liked them, I'd like them, but they're shit, so I don't. The FACT is, people often like them because everyone else does, not because they like the band.
-AC

No masses told me to enjoy the song "clocks". I heard it and got hooked. I wouldn't restrict this to Coldplay. I seen plenty of kids at the mall wearing patches with the names of certain metal bands in their jackets and some say they got into the music because some friend introduce him to it. They obviously do it...they have to be part of what they consider the "cool" group.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
No masses told me to enjoy the song "clocks". I heard it and got hooked. I wouldn't restrict this to Coldplay. I seen plenty of kids at the mall wearing patches with the names of certain metal bands in their jackets and some say they got into the music because some friend introduce him to it. They obviously do it...they have to be part of what they consider the "cool" group.

There are always exceptions, and there are always people who like bands because someone else does. Be it a magazine or be it friends.

There's a difference between being introduced to a band, liking them genuinely and going from there, and saying you like a band because everyone else seems to be doing so.

However, metal music, especially in England, isn't a massively mainstream genre. It's just not. The most "metal" band ever to appear on TRL is probably Avenged Sevenfold, and they're bland, passive, safe metal. Probably heavier than a Guns 'N' Roses or whatever. The chances that a guy got into Emperor from is friend, and genuinely likes them, is high. They're not exactly the in thing. Coldplay make immensely accessible music because they cannot do anything else. Proof being their back catalogue that might as well be one album. They were continually cited as this band making intelligent music, and as a result, they sold millions of albums.

If you like them for no other reason than hearing them and fancying them, fine, but let's not deny that everything I've said regarding Coldplay and their essential connection with the media is true. I'm not saying there aren't fans who genuinely like Coldplay aside from the hype and advertising, but that is how Coldplay sell their records, mostly. They're more successful and revered in the US than they are here, also.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, yeah, yeah AC....you know is the same crap. Following a fad applies to all music genres.

Alpha Centauri
We're not talking about all genres though are we? We're discussing Coldplay, because this is a Coldplay thread about Coldplay, the band.

Some bands don't intend to be the focal point of a fad or a certain amount of attention, but it happens anyway. Coldplay actually tried to make it happen because if they didn't, they'd go under the bridge. James Blunt is also more liked in American...I'm seeing a pattern here.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, this is the Coldplay thread. Of course we're talking about Coldplay. Didn't I mention "clocks"? You're the one that brought the whole "the masses love what they are told to love" comment and I just had to address it. See, in reality we don't really know if these bands don't intend to be focal or part of a fad....they just become. Whether they do or not they become fads...it's what the "cool kids" listen to. I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking Coldplay's music...we all have reasons not to like a certain type of songs. Not saying is a negative...but mentioning what the masses are told to follow will generate a separate issued. No worries I'm not trying to bug ya.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yes, this is the Coldplay thread. Of course we're talking about Coldplay. Didn't I mention "clocks"? You're the one that brought the whole "the masses love what they are told to love" comment and I just had to address it. See, in reality we don't really know if these bands don't intend to be focal or part of a fad....they just become. Whether they do or not they become fads...it's what the "cool kids" listen to. I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking Coldplay's music...we all have reasons not to like a certain type of songs. Not saying is a negative...but mentioning what the masses are told to follow will generate a separate issued. No worries I'm not trying to bug ya.

The masses do love what they are told to love, anyone currently residing on Earth knows this. You liking something that they also like doesn't automatically make you one of them, though, nor would I ever say as much.

Just showing that a lot of the masses love Coldplay because Coldplay are the band to love.

-AC

vanice
Originally posted by fanatos
Love all their songs. My faves are Politik, Clocks, Trouble, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and The Scientist. smile

sounds like you like the a rush of blood to the head album. well they are all good songs, I can agree with that... I like the songs om X&Y also. many of them are darker and faster then the old ones, such as low and square one.

Punkyhermy
Don't Panic is the epitome of the ultimate coldplay song. smile Tho it becomes hard for me to pick just one...I usually pretty much have a soft spot for anything they make...The Scientist will always be the song that makes me swoon. happy

"you don't know how lovely you are. "
love

vanice
is it the "all sinking like stones" song?
haven't heard all the songs on parachutes.

pinki_1O1
they r ok but my sis luvs them

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by vanice
is it the "all sinking like stones" song?
haven't heard all the songs on parachutes.

Yes.

"Bones, sinking like stones,
all that we fought for.

Homes, places we've grown,
all of us are done for.

We live in a beautiful world."

Simplicity has never been so beautiful.
happy

Punkyhermy
I have been listening to "Clocks "the better part of this morning and have been reveling in the greatness of this song. it encapsulates the phenomenon that is life oh so well.

"you are...and nothing else compares." in the end. thats all that can be said about existence no?

poignant.
happy

Krone
i like a few of there Songs but the lead singer makes me cry, hes soooo depressing!

Kid Kurdy
Yes.

all that we fought for.

all of us are done for.

happy
Oh I love that song. When I first heard it on the radio, I was like "shut up, what's that ?"

Simple but beautiful.

Coldplay is a great band. Until now I haven't heard one bad song from them, and even the not-so-great songs are still good enough.

They make intelligent easy listening music. And that's harder to do than one would think !

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Oh I love that song. When I first heard it on the radio, I was like "shut up, what's that ?"

Simple but beautiful.

Coldplay is a great band. Until now I haven't heard one bad song from them, and even the not-so-great songs are still good enough.

They make intelligent easy listening music. And that's harder to do than one would think !

Intelligent? Coldplay? The music is nothing intelligent. It's simple.

Whether or not it's "nice" or "good" is entirely subjective. Chris Martin even calls himself shit.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Yes.

all that we fought for.

all of us are done for.

happy

The lyrics aren't bad, but the idea is a Devo rip-off.

Kid Kurdy
Some of the best music is simple. Beauty of simplicity. No hiding behind fancy chords or overproduced arrangements.

Honest music is what I prefer.

Not talking about Coldplay, talking in general.

Alpha Centauri
Some of the best music is simple. Beauty of simplicity. No hiding behind fancy chords or overproduced arrangements.

Honest music is what I prefer.

Not talking about Coldplay, talking in general.

I wasn't arguing against that idea.

-AC

vanice
I must join you here. The lyrics are simple in one way but very smart and difficult in another. The message is kinda clear. And that sure can be hard to make. I know a Swedish rapper called Timbuktu who often says that it's the "simple" things that are the hardest. What Bob Marley could say in a few sentences would take several verses for some to say, and yet they would still have said the same thing.

and AC you say that it's subjective to say if the music is bad or good. Well in one way yes. But then everything is subjective. I guess you like the fightclub movie (your sig is very very nice indeed), but that's just your opinion right. Then Kid Kurdy has his opinion about Coldplays music and you have yours. None of you are wrong. I love the way politics are slipping trough the songs in a 'intelligent' way. Instead of the usual "I love you" crap, or the punk verson "it's this ****ing governments fault".. they are done in a smart way. (my opinion)

Alpha Centauri
I must join you here. The lyrics are simple in one way but very smart and difficult in another. The message is kinda clear. And that sure can be hard to make. I know a Swedish rapper called Timbuktu who often says that it's the "simple" things that are the hardest. What Bob Marley could say in a few sentences would take several verses for some to say, and yet they would still have said the same thing.

You are putting forth the argument that it's hard to achieve great simplicity. That doesn't mean that said simplicity is hard to understand. No Coldplay lyrics are "difficult" to grasp if you have half a brain cell.

and AC you say that it's subjective to say if the music is bad or good. Well in one way yes. But then everything is subjective. I guess you like the fightclub movie (your sig is very very nice indeed), but that's just your opinion right. Then Kid Kurdy has his opinion about Coldplays music and you have yours. None of you are wrong. I love the way politics are slipping trough the songs in a 'intelligent' way. Instead of the usual "I love you" crap, or the punk verson "it's this ****ing governments fault".. they are done in a smart way. (my opinion)

So all you just said is "Music taste is subjective", which was my point regarding whether their music is good or bad. You just reiterated my point.

What you have to understand is "intelligent" is different to different people. Coldplay are really intelligent to people who are easily impressed, because there's nothing there that a million other bands haven't done easily, and they're not saying anything new.

Chris Martin himself says that the band's songs are nothing more than a boyband in disguise. It's simply because he's playing slow music at a piano that people like it.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Simple? That song 'The Scientist' doesn't even mention a scientist at all! Figure that one out...

(I blah Coldplay, by the way.)

kamikz
Uh.. it does.

Almost the entire second verse is about it!

Kid Kurdy
From the moment Coldplay became popular, there has always been a lot of animosity towards the band.

I never understood that. There are hundreds of bands that are much worse than Coldplay, but for some reason, lots of people just can't stand them (or just hate Chris Martin).

Why oh why ?

RedAlertv2
For me, its because Coldplay are one of those bands that are constantly filling the radio, to the point where I find them to be literally annoying.

~Flamboyant~
Ehhh. They're nothing special. My dad likes them a lot so I always have to listen to them.

Punkyhermy

Simple but beautiful.

Yep.Very simple, but I love the universal great themes that their songs usually relove around. happy

Punkyhermy

Whether or not it's "nice" or "good" is entirely subjective. Chris Martin even calls himself shit.

-AC

Yes. We've established that they're simple.
confused

Punkyhermy

mmhhmm...I'd have to agree. And simplicity is their main strength which doesn't mean that they limit themselves thematically at all. They've touched upon many interesting ideas through their music. And the search to explore themes other than love and experiment is admirable. smile

I've rediscovered "Clocks" recently. The epitome of the ultimate Coldplay song that deals with the universal theme of life so simply, sincerely and poignantly.

And by the way, I'm sick of the lets bash the gov. through music matras. Its getting old and cliched. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RedAlertv2

And by the way, I'm sick of the lets bash the gov. through music matras. Its getting old and cliched. roll eyes (sarcastic) You're obviously listening to the wrong bands then.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by kamikz
Uh.. it does.

Almost the entire second verse is about it!

Uh...it doesn't.

Actually, there's two lines related to science, but nothing about a scientist. Maybe it should have been called 'A Couple of Lines About Science, But That's About It'.

Alpha Centauri
From the moment Coldplay became popular, there has always been a lot of animosity towards the band.

I never understood that. There are hundreds of bands that are much worse than Coldplay, but for some reason, lots of people just can't stand them (or just hate Chris Martin).

Why oh why ?

Because being horrifically uninspiring and mediocre can be as bad as actually being a really bad band. I don't HATE Coldplay, I dislike their music but that's it. There are bands I dislike a lot more, but the thing I dislike about Coldplay is the way their fans act like they are some profound, boundary pushing intelli-rockers.

They're not. If you like them, fine, but let's keep it realistic. They've done three albums, and there isn't an incredible amount of deviance there at all. If you like their first album, you'll like anything they do, because they won't change.

They're simple because they lack the talent to be innovative, not because they've got the idea of "simplicity is best". Like I said, you like what you like, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning.

Its getting old and cliched. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Coldplay songs aren't? They've resorted to ripping off Kraftwerk, it's downhill from there.

-AC

Nellinator
Because being horrifically uninspiring and mediocre can be as bad as actually being a really bad band. I don't HATE Coldplay, I dislike their music but that's it. There are bands I dislike a lot more, but the thing I dislike about Coldplay is the way their fans act like they are some profound, boundary pushing intelli-rockers.

They're not. If you like them, fine, but let's keep it realistic. They've done three albums, and there isn't an incredible amount of deviance there at all. If you like their first album, you'll like anything they do, because they won't change.

They're simple because they lack the talent to be innovative, not because they've got the idea of "simplicity is best". Like I said, you like what you like, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning.
I like some Coldplay, but AC is right. Their songs are way to similar and unimaginative. Learning to play their songs usually takes one try after learning one because the style, little variance in keys, and slow progression.

Kid Kurdy

So one of the reasons you dislike Coldplay, is because of the fans ?

If I had to dislike every band that has fans acting like nuts... there wouldn't be much left.

Alpha Centauri
So one of the reasons you dislike Coldplay, is because of the fans ?

If I had to dislike every band that has fans acting like nuts... there wouldn't be much left.

I worded it wrong, it's obviously not the band's fault, so no. That's just something associated with them that I dislike.

Chris Martin, if anything, shares my opinion in that there's nothing massively smart there.

-AC

Kid Kurdy
Fair enough.

kamikz
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Uh...it doesn't.

Actually, there's two lines related to science, but nothing about a scientist. Maybe it should have been called 'A Couple of Lines About Science, But That's About It'.

Uh.. it does. (Ok let's stop that, sorry for beginning stick out tongue)

They don't need to spell out the word "scientist" or "science" for it to be about that. The things they talk about in the second verse are all related to science, and it is he who perform those things, which makes him a "scientist".

At least that's what I think.....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>