Tenacious D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlayerChick1188
Jack Black has a disturbingly AMAZING voice!

any Tenacious fans out there? big grin

Thing_1
I like them!Their song Tribute is great!!

SlayerChick1188
my favs are Wonderboy, Jesus Ranch, and Tribute big grin

wicker_man
I quite enjoy listeing to Tenacious D plus they have Dave Grohl drumming for them and of course as the Devil in 'Tribute'.

SlayerChick1188
big grin big grin big grin oh yeah that was great!

wicker_man
As u know SC Dave Grohl is my hero so any song with him in is good.

SlayerChick1188
big grin very true!

Solo
Tenacious D is awesome. Drive-Thru is hilarious.

Pandemoniac
Tenacious D rules! I love that music; funny, clever and ass-kicking, what more do you want!?

Neo_Version 7
Karate is pretty funny. big grin

Kumar
they are pretty good. they are nice when you need a good laugh. i like drive-thru, tribute and wonderboy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think Jack Black is great, but Tenacious D's eponymous album is hit and miss. I love 'Fvck Her Gently', though.

Mr. Bacon
the D is awesome

PinstripePapaya
im not mad on them, but tribute is an amazing song!

tabby999
they make me laugh every time, so they're winners

Phat J
one note song makes me laugh every time i hear it

Solo
Just got done with their new album. So much better than the first. My voice is ****in' powerful! I totally miss the **** out of you. I totally miss you all the time.

dirkdirden
Long live the D......Long live me I poisoned your wine.

Kid Kurdy
It's very simple : Tenacious D kicks ass !

Underneath the jokes and the macho lyrics there are actually some great songs : Tribute, City Hall, Wonderboy, The Road, Kielbasa... all great songs.

Jack Black has a great voice, and his "overacting" when singing fits perfectly. It's a great band.

On a side note : I saw the trailer of the upcoming D movie, and I was a bit disappointed : it looks lame. I hope I'm wrong.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
It's very simple : Tenacious D kicks ass !

Underneath the jokes and the macho lyrics there are actually some great songs : Tribute, City Hall, Wonderboy, The Road, Kielbasa... all great songs.

Jack Black has a great voice, and his "overacting" when singing fits perfectly. It's a great band.

On a side note : I saw the trailer of the upcoming D movie, and I was a bit disappointed : it looks lame. I hope I'm wrong.

Kyle Gas is one of the best classical guitarists there is as well. Very hard to play some of there music.

~Da Rev~
**** her Gently will always be a favorite of mine

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
**** her Gently will always be a favorite of mine Me too.

~Da Rev~
Here is a perk of working at a Music store.

In my hand, I hold the new Tenacious D CD that comes out tomorrow. PUMPAGE!!!!

Its an amazing fricking CD so far. Meatloaf is in it so far, I'm on the second song, now droolio

dirkdirden
Just listened to the CD for the 20th time or so and I have my verdict of the CD.

8/10

1. Kickapoo : great start to the cd has a cool beat and hilarious lyrics, also meat loaf and a dio imposter sing in it.
2. Classico : Kyle Gas play classic guitar like a bad ass while JB lets you know he's the boss.
3. Baby : Kinda strange song sung from the perspective of his new baby I think.
4. Destiny : Skit
5. History : Has some good guitar in it but other than that its the worst song on the album.
6. Government Totally Sucks: So true and funny
7. Master Exploder : He does not need....a microphone
8. Divide : **** or destiny......****
9. Papagenu (He's My Sassafras) : funny but I usually skip it because it makes me feel like doing a gay dance while listening to it.
10. Dude (I Totally Miss You) : Song about missing a dude....alot
11. Break In City (Storm The Gate) : fast rock song that has some humor in it.
12. Car Chase City: really bad ass drum and guitar line makes you want to drive fast.
13. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) : This song is one of the greatest songs of all time. Tenacious D battles the devil (dave) in a rock off. It had great music and hilarious lyrics everything you came to expect from the D
14. POD : Song about the movie
15. Metal : metal guitar riff with jack black talking about how you can't distroy the metal.

Over all the CD is a good cd but it lacks compared to the first one because of the lack of songs. Beelzeboss is the best Tenacious D song but it still can't out due there first CD.

Pandemoniac
Picked it up this morning, nice nice nice. It get's a little slow in the middle and is not as cool as the first album, but still very very nice!

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Just listened to the CD for the 20th time or so and I have my verdict of the CD.

8/10

1. Kickapoo : great start to the cd has a cool beat and hilarious lyrics, also meat loaf and a dio imposter sing in it.
2. Classico : Kyle Gas play classic guitar like a bad ass while JB lets you know he's the boss.
3. Baby : Kinda strange song sung from the perspective of his new baby I think.
4. Destiny : Skit
5. History : Has some good guitar in it but other than that its the worst song on the album.
6. Government Totally Sucks: So true and funny
7. Master Exploder : He does not need....a microphone
8. Divide : **** or destiny......****
9. Papagenu (He's My Sassafras) : funny but I usually skip it because it makes me feel like doing a gay dance while listening to it.
10. Dude (I Totally Miss You) : Song about missing a dude....alot
11. Break In City (Storm The Gate) : fast rock song that has some humor in it.
12. Car Chase City: really bad ass drum and guitar line makes you want to drive fast.
13. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) : This song is one of the greatest songs of all time. Tenacious D battles the devil (dave) in a rock off. It had great music and hilarious lyrics everything you came to expect from the D
14. POD : Song about the movie
15. Metal : metal guitar riff with jack black talking about how you can't distroy the metal.

Over all the CD is a good cd but it lacks compared to the first one because of the lack of songs. Beelzeboss is the best Tenacious D song but it still can't out due there first CD. For one thing, the whole CD is amazing. And as for History, i dont know if you've ever listened to the end of that song, but it ****ing rocks.

Also, i've seen the movie 5 times.

dirkdirden
For one thing, the whole CD is amazing. And as for History, i dont know if you've ever listened to the end of that song, but it ****ing rocks.

Also, i've seen the movie 5 times.

Watching the movie this weekend. Yeah I have hurd the entire CD as least 20 times. History isn't as good as, Bellzaboss, metel, car chase city, dude, kickapoo, powerfull voice song, and song 11. So it's not that great, and most of it really acctually is bullshit that they have done in the past.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Watching the movie this weekend. Yeah I have hurd the entire CD as least 20 times. History isn't as good as, Bellzaboss, metel, car chase city, dude, kickapoo, powerfull voice song, and song 11. So it's not that great, and most of it really acctually is bullshit that they have done in the past. well, technically that song was first on their original TV show on HBO. Originally posted by dirkdirden
J
This i didn't understand.

demongene
Inward singing is hilare! The D are great.

Bardock42
They make very good and funny music. I like them a lot. The movie, though, sadly, was a kind of let down to me.

Arctic
I've only heard one of their songs it was "Tribute" on an Eddsworld episode lol.

band

Patient_Leech
Oh, sweet Jesus... another Tenacious D album with Dave Grohl behind the kit. Comes out May 15th.

Jack Black on Kurt Cobain

juggernaut94
**** her Gently will always be a favorite of mine

Mhm.

I love Tenacious D. Seeing them live this year at Download Fest. smile

Lord Shadow Z
I bought their 'Rize of the Fenix' album last week and really enjoyed it , it had some new sounds and styles but still has the energy of Tenacious D. I probably will have to listen to it again though because I was distracted at Roger Federer losing at the French Open again last week, but it helped ride the anger a bit so... all good really...

Favourites? Well:

1st Album - Wonderboy

2nd Album - Beelzeboss

I'll have another listen of ROTF soon and we'll see what becomes my fav of this one. The POD movie was awesome and totallly for the fans, saw it at the cinema at the time and I really hope another is in the works.

rock

socool8520
Originally posted by SlayerChick
Jack Black has a disturbingly AMAZING voice!

any Tenacious fans out there? big grin

Honestly, I think JB could really be a sensation if he sang serious music. He has a terrific voice. He even sounded good from what I can tell from the Masterworks DVD where they did a concert in England. Of course I love the HBO specials they did as well. lol

My Favorite songs are Tribute and F*** Her Gently

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by socool8520
Honestly, I think JB could really be a sensation if he sang serious music. He has a terrific voice. He even sounded good from what I can tell from the Masterworks DVD where they did a concert in England. Of course I love the HBO specials they did as well. lol

My Favorite songs are Tribute and F*** Her Gently

I think his style fits comedy though, I'm not sure many would follow it after hearing the D. It's like watching Jim Carrey doing a serious movie, you still expect him to do funny/wacky things.

I've got the Masterworks DVD as well and it's great fun but his attempt at the English accent sounds suspiciously Australian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.