Moulin Rouge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
well I just have a question

who likes and who dislikes and more IMPORTANT WHY do you (dis)like it????

never saw it want to see it but I want to know what some of you think

PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC

BackFire349
I was never able to watch the whole thing, it was too one dimensional too me. As with most musicals, they seemed to feel that because of the fact that it's a musical, they can rely on dancing and singing to make the movie good, while skimping out on the other aspects that generally make a good movie (acting, character development, interesting storyline ect). The same goes for chicago, both movies were extremely over rated and don't deserve any of the praise they get.

If you want a good musical, go rent Singing in the Rain or Little Shop of Horrors.

Kes
Well I thought the movie would be crap cos I wasnt a big Nicole fan (I respect her more now, she has made some good movies lately) and I dont like Ewan McGregor, plus musicals werent really in. So I saw it expecting crap and was pleasantly surprised to see I was wrong. The actors are great, the story is good and Nicole and Ewan both sing well (specially Ewan).I love the way the different time of songs blend. I recommend it. Its good.

tiffany's
I personally did not like it and I am a HUGE musical fanatic. This was almost a farce of a musical. But, that is just my humble opinion.

julibug
i was a lot like kes. watched it expecting not to like it, and ended up really enjoying it. it is not like the older musicals, but i'm not sure it should be compared. it is it's own movie. unusual, but interesting. i liked the music, so i'm sure that aided me in liking the entire movie. i don't think i could recommend it to everyone, but if you like love stories, want to hear interesting renditions of some 80's tunes, and have an appreciation for the bizarre, then you might want to give it a try.

billyboyd4ever
well im a huge musical fan, an dits not like your typical musical, at least in my opinion.
i thought it was kinda cool how they used/changed other songs for the movie, plus i agree w/kes, the singing was surprisingly good.
also, someone said the acting was bad but i beg to differ. i always thought kidman had talent and i think ewan does too. every time i watch it i cry (for those of you who havent seen it i wont say why)
overall i thought it was good smile

saucybird007
I agree with you BB.

It wasnt what i was expecting at all but i thought it was a good film.
I was also very surprised with Kidman's and McGregor's unknown talents! They both have amazing voice's.

They pulled it off so well. I never new they had it in them!! messed

Not the best musical by far, but its not all that bad. smile
Its one of those films that you will either love or hate. blink

"The greatest thing you'll learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/inlove.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.