Best Star Wars Movie ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Which do you like the best ?

Lyn
AOTC--Action, Romance, Fighting Yoda, Hot Anakin and HEAPS of pretty Padme costumes...plus some KILLER music!! happy

Hypernova
Mine too! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

AOTC big grin

mephistodesigns
I had a hard time choosing between II and V, but I gotta go with ESB. But, thats mainly because I could watch Vader find creative ways to kill officers for 3 or 4 hours straight easy w/o getting bored. I do think I like the story in AOTC better, I certainly loved Yoda fighting, Anakin's transition after his mom dies , all of Dooku's slimy evil-ness, and I definetly think that was some of THE best scenes of R2 and 3P0. But I really love the Luke/Vader fight in ESB. Vader taunting him, throwing stuff at him, barely even giving it effort, and the final revelation. Thats tough to beat, but I'm hopeful III will become my favorite since its the story I've always wanted to see. You should ad a vote for "Tie between II & V" cuz thats what I'd have marked.

mephistodesigns
And i did love the line in AOTC where 3P0 says, "He seems to have a message from an Obi-wan Kenobi, do you know who that is?" or whatever the actual line is, I think I messed it up. That was hillarious (even if it was corny).

Lyn
happy thumb up

yerssot
ESB

Darth Hater
ya new jacks stick out tongue

its Empire Strikes Back hands down

ESB is one of the best movies of all time period

The_Inevitable
ESB kicks AOTC's Ass

LeAtHerRFace
I`d have to go with SW 2: Attack Of The Clones... but all of them get pretty boring later on...

StarWars_Fan
The best Starwars movie i like is A New Hope, i like it when Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Chewbacca and the driods go into The Death, i also like the battle of Yavin.

JediHDM
well, if we disregard the hottest woman on earth (natalie) then definitely ESB...

Lyn
laughing

Darth Revan
ESB!!!!!! It was tough deciding between ESB and RotJ. However, the somewhat corny "brother/sister" scene on Endor, as well as the even more corny (however very important to the history of the galaxy) Battle of Endor. I love the scene in RotJ where the droids are trying to get into Jabba's palace. I like the voice of the little eye thingy and also the rather timid way that 3po speaks Huttese in:

"Me lama.. Jabba du Hutt?"
I also like the execution ring scene in AOTC, even though I didn't care for the movie in a lot of other ways. I really like Poggle the Lesser's voice (the head bug guy) and the sound that the reek and the acklay make. I also liked the scene on Geonosis in the battle droid factory where 3po falls off the ledge and the flying droid thing. Upon entering the factory:
"Well, I never! Machines making machines!
"Beep beep woop beep!"
"careful, R2. Uh-R2!...wh-AAAA!"

sorry to any quote gurus if I got some of that wrong

Darth Revan
rock thumb up bunny Happy Dance evil face
d@mn straight

Lyn
sorry to any quote gurus if I got some of that wrong...don't worry if you did, I do that ALL the time...posting things wrong...

Neo Is a Jedi
Return of the Jedi - Episode VI was the best everything fell into place and was great and had the best lightsaber battle in it.

Lyn
I liked ROTJ too. happy

Dirty Vader
The best star wars movie has to be Return of the Jedi episode VI. It
contains the greatest battle which itself contains three different skirmishes:
_ The space battle
_ The endor surface battle
_ The lightsaber duel
and also has a great (maybe the best) musical score.

mephistodesigns
ROTJ had the greatest duel?! you only see a little of it and its not very intense until the last ten seconds. ESB was way better, it was long, there was great dialogue back and forth, Vader was intimidating as hell the whole fight, with the revelation and Luke losing his hand too. That's one hell of a fight. Space battle definetly goes to ROTJ. That scene has impressive effects by today's standards. But the endor battle? AT-AT's stomp all over those little fuzzballs (pun intended). Plus the music when the rebels start to fall back totally friggin' rocks. ESB moves me, ROTJ is just cool (still better than anything out of Star Wars though)

el_barto
mine was v

madsci
the way that i judge which one is my favorite is if i can watch it completely through without forwarding any part, any part at all... and the winner is....

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

hands down the best storyline, the best characters, the best lightsaber duel, and the best that Han Solo ever was (leia "i love you" han "i know" - classic moment)

kids, it doesn't get any better than this. i remember seeing every star wars movie, all the way back to '77 and this has and always will be my favorite.

madsci

SilverFighter
Return of the Jedi was my pick. I just like Ewoks sooooo much!! They sure can kick major butt with those spears!! big grin

Mr Parker
thats what I thought was so dumb about Jedi was that whole brother sister thing between Leia and Luke.Jedi went against everything the other two accomplised,it felt more like a comicbook than a well done professional movie like the previous two were,too bad there hasnt been a good star wars flick made since EMPIRE.

Mr Parker
yeah I really love Empire Strikes Back also.Its really tough for me to choose between Empire and the original A NEW HOPE because they are both great flicks.A NEW HOPE just barely gets the nod over Empire because Empire had some slow moments in the movie where A New Hope had more action in it.please tell me A NEW HOPE is your 2nd favorite?

madsci
mr.parker> at this point, i don't want to say which is my second favorite, because i am impatiently waiting for episode III. i am seriously hoping that this will be the movie we all want to see. i was watching ANH last night, and it was fun. i may get hated on for this, but the whole medal ceremony at the end is corny in my opinion, and it kills me everytime (a'la the end of TPM, or maybe that's the other way around). ESB is just much better in my opinion.

madsci
hip hop purist

Mr Parker
oh come on,cant you tell me which you like better between Jedi and A New hope? thats all I really care about since I absolutely hate what Lucas has done with the last two star wars films. mad

madsci
mr. parker> 'there's no need to yell.' i would have to say "a new hope" is a better movie than "jedi", because it sets everything up, even as an old man obi-wan is a bad ass, and it doesn't have any ewoks in it.

that is my final answer.

madsci
hip hop purist

Mr Parker
that answer suits me.Cool answer to hear. smile Plus there was none of that stupid Luke and Leia Brother and sister crap going on.that to me was the dumbest thing in the whole movie. eek!

madsci
mr. parker> in my opinion, the whole sibling thing was a cool idea, but i think they could have handled it better - better dialogue, actors that could've acted the parts better, or maybe getting carrie fisher to stop using 'blow' throughout filming (i know that sounds mean spirited, but it's true).

there are three redeeming aspects of "jedi" for me: 1) when vader and luke finally fight in the end, it is epic and amazing; 2) the speeder bike chase scene is still cool to this day; 3) leia in her slave bikini (she does look hot).

all in all, this is not enough to change my opinion, just thought i would post what i do like about "jedi."

madsci
hip hop purist

mephistodesigns
the whole relations revelations in empire and then again in jedi gets a little to Days of Our Lives after a while. I guess Han represents the boyfriend in the coma while he's frozen? very soap opera. big grin

Mr Parker
Yeah I liked those scenes also and thought that those were cool moments to.Something else I just did not like about JEDI was the acting was lame and not at all believeable like the previous two.you could tell they were all just tired of the whole thing and wanted to get it over with.

Dirty Vader
Get it over with? The acting was great, what are you on about? There was a lot of fighting in ROTJ, so there wasnt much dialogue where the actors could show their talent like in ESB and ANH.
But still.The luke vader scene, the leia luke scene, the showdown with the emperor, what's wrong with the acting there? Nothing: it was great. All the acting in ROTJ was great and far more better than in the prequel movies.

mephistodesigns
I see what he's saying though, Carrie and Harrison seem a tiny bit bored. And Harrison did try to convince Lucas to kill Han off. I think Hamill saw it for what it was, his only money maker for his whole acting career and as such, tried harder. big grin

madsci
dirty vader> true, the prequels could use better acting, or perhaps better dialogue; not better actors though, because some of the actors are accomplished in their own right outside of the star wars universe, ie: liam, ewan, and natalie (and i am sure this comment belongs in another thread).

as far as the sibling conversation between luke and leia, the whole exchange seemed to lack 'realism', for a lack of better words. That conversation/revelation is as crucial to the storyline as when vader reveals himself to luke as his father, yet, it came across corny to me (when i know it shouldn't because of its importance). in my opinion, they did not perform that scene well.

there is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

i still loathe ewoks.

madsci
hip hop purist

Peloquin
I love RotJ the most cause of the fight between Luke and Vader. I still get the chill down my spine when Luke yells "noooo" after Vader taunting him about his sister. And the music when they're fighting after that point is in my opinion the best bit of star wars music ever. So full of emotion and when Luke is smashing down on Vaders lightsaber with all that anger, the little grunt noises he makes while doing it....awesome display of power, emotion and hope. Just the confrontation between Sidious, Vader, and Luke there's so much history there and I think they all acted it out very well. Oh yeah and who could forget that sceen where Luke calms down, throws his light saber and states that "I am a Jedi, like my father before me" That's the stuff that captured the imagination of millions of us now life long star wars fans.

Dirty Vader
Exactly. If it wasnt for ROTJ I for one might never have been the a star wars fan. It was great!

mephistodesigns
but empire is still better. stick out tongue big grin

Mr Parker
and I STILL loath Luke and Leia becoming brothers and sisters.
I mean talk about ensense among the family.Remember EMPIRE STRIKES BACK where she kissed Luke on the mouth and it was with passion and Luke enjoyed it so much it brought a smile to his face?eewwwwww.Lets see,they start out as friends,then they become lovers,then they become brothers and sisters. at that point when they became brothers and sisters,is just all turned into a soap opera from there.Ford had the right idea about Han being killed off.Hamill also wanted Luke to be killed off,it seems they both thought the whole brother and sister thing was a bad idea also. sick

Julie
actually i fluctuate between liking the newer SW movies and the old ones

mephistodesigns
me too. but since i'm a massive Vader fan, when I have to choose, can't beat Empire.

VengeanceGOD
EVERYONE concentrates on that damn kiss. LET IT GO ALREADY!

Julie
true....and she did it to make Han jealous it was written all over her face

mephistodesigns
but its still nasty.

Orlando
I voted for The Empire Strikes Back. Had to really, Solo owns...

Mr Parker
Boy it sure was.ensence.ewwww.yuck. sick

quiquita
mi best star wars movie is episode VI .......... and episode V when darth vader says "i`m your father luke" nooooooooooo......... cool

Colabee
Empire smile

doomed1991
star wars is the best movie ever starwars

Maverick2364
I vote for Episode 2, although all the other movies were awesome too, this one you can clearly see Yoda kick major ass which rocks. We also see an awesome CG war created with the clonetroopers and so many amazing details.

§pearhead
Either ESB or ROTJ. It's a tough choice.

<<Solo>>
Empire Strikes Back, Hands Down.

§pearhead
RETURN OF THE JEDI! rock

Mr. Bacon
beer beer alien beer beer

Sith Master X
My favorite would have to be AOTC. I believe that by far had some of the best action, story, and lightsaber sequences of all time, though I'm sure Episode III will be even better.

SMX
cool

Sacrifise666
HERES HOW I HAVE MY LIST FROM BEST TO WORST.

1. E.S.B

2. A.O.T.C

3.A.N.H

4.R.O.T.J

5. TPM

SpiderGurl
Best to worst:

1. Return of Jedi
2. A New Hope
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Attack of Clones
5. Phantom Menace

I'm always a sucker for the final Luke vs. Darth Vader fight in ROTJ, it always brings tears to my eyes. Sorry, I don't think Empire Strikes Back is that great.. I watched it last night to figure out why it's so popular, still cant figure it out. It seems rather dull, and the mushiness between Han and Leia doesnt work for me. If I had a chance to watch attack of the clones it might have ranked higher on my list, but seriously I can't remember much from that movie.. way too much stuff happened so my overall impression was that it was one garbled mess. =X

PRO-PAIN
ESB def. gets my vote...I love the whole original trilogy but that is my fav.

baracustastic
Jedi is the best, wicket is a ledge! Vader kickin' palp's crinkly ass is magic. Leia in the bikini, mm, mm, mmmmmm!! The music, the "fully operational" death star, everyone getting "delusions of grandeur". Also I saw Jedi before empire so the whole father son thingy wasn't a surprise to me. Although when luke cut vader's hand off and then looked at his own one, I shat myself. I thought that luke had got vader's hand, nae just metaphorically but actually. I've never been so scared in my life! ( I wa very small )

Best to worst:

jedi
empire
star wars
phantom menace
AOTC

eleveninches
best to worst.

1.ESB
2.ROTJ
3.AOTC
4.ANH
5.TPM

SMOKE187
i like them all

Grand Moff Gav
Jedi is the best

Yomammy
Jeez, basically no love for ANH, the movie that started it all!?

C'mon guys and girls, ya'll need to show a little respect for the original!

Red Superfly
Attack Of The Clones better than A New Hope?

What are you people smoking?

CConn882
ANH is too slow moving for modern audiences...sadly. sad

Anyway, I voted ESB. Though ANH is a classic, and even AOTC is fun, ESB, IMO, is the most well rounded, most complete film of all five.

Dr. Strangelove
List of Best to Worst

A New Hope- Just something special about the first one and Alec Guinness is plain and simple the man.

Empire Strikes Back- The only problem with the movie is at least to me there was some lull spots to an otherwise flawless film.

The Phantom Menace- I certainly didn't like Jar Jar, but I didn't think he was the anti christ either. I loved the race with Anakin, loved Darth Maul and the lightsaber duel gave me chills when I first saw it.

Return of the Jedi- Loved the Jaba scenes, loved Darth-Luke final showdown with the emperor, loved the death star battle. Hated hated hated that the universe was saved by teletubbies.

Attack of the Clones- hated the acting, hated the writing, hated the love story, hated the lightsaber duel, hated the action scenes. The only redeeming quality to the movie was Yoda fighting, but 45 seconds don't make a movie.

eXSBass
It's a close bet between ESB and RotJ.

ESB has the classic "No, I am your father"
RotJ has the intense Battle of Endor
ESB has the introduction of the Imperial March
RotJ has the death of Vader
ESB has no Death Stars!
RotJ has a half naked Death Star

So I say RotJ - because the Battle of Endor gives it more scale.

P.S - Battle over Coruscant is going to be 10X bigger!

tomcat &lt;---- Thousands of these babys over Coruscant

Red Superfly
Why do people NOT like the Ewoks?

I really bought the idea of a primitive race ironically saving the day. That was a nice touch in my opinion. I thought the Ewoks were charming too.

A New Hope isn't slow moving, it's one of the fastest of the movies in my opinion. It's faster than all of them in my opinion. It doesn't have any slow, calming conversations, and the sets are bright and eye catching/interesting.

A New Hope is like bang bang bang bang bang, one sequence after another.

Most of the Trilogy is like that, but ESB and ROTJ slow down in a few places for the story that ANH didn't know if it was ever gonna get the chance to explain.

A New Hope was the closest to an "adventure". A boy gets whisked away on a fast adventure and ends up saving the day. Phantom Menace tries to copy that same feel but fails miserably.

eXSBass
Hater! But I agree with you about the RotJ bit. Why hate Ewoks? Why hate Jar Jar?

bushrules
a new hope and return of the jedi are the best ! jabba's in both of em'

Sicky666
The Empire Strikes Back because it involves Darth Vader and the Emperor and I hate to see them die in Return of the Jedi.

DirectorFitz
Best to Worst:

(including III, which I KNOW is going to be good)

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

Jodo kast
Return of the jedi.

kalsolar
In terms of script, character and story development, ESB wins by a mile. It moves well and is truely engrosing. The action scenes fit well, theres nothing superfluous about any of it which always makes it that much better. For the most part this is also true of eps 4 and 6 ...not quite the same can be said for the prequels so far sadly (in my view).
Jedi would come a close second...slightly sicklier scripting in parts..but I'm such a sucker for the speeder bike chase and most the other action scenes in it that I just had to give it a mention as being my second choice anyway.

Stealth Agent
I dont dislike any starwars movie i cant quite recall a new hope well it has been very very long since ive seen it by i think return of the jedi and empire strikes back are the best, I like Jedi better because of the edning scene with Luke vs Vader when its dark and luke lets his anger go

Elastigirl
I think Empire Strikes Back is the best, followed by A New Hope.

Episode 1 just plain sucked, and AOTC wasn't even better than Return of the Jedi.

Darth Subjekt
1.ROTJ
2.ESB
3.AOTC
4.ANH
5.TPM

ROTS is soon to be number 1 though.. big grin

jango fatt
ROTJ

Sith Master X
The best SW movie imho is AOTC.

Mandorallen
empire.

Mandorallen
wrong forum

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
i dont know how you ppl can like the new Star Wars the Original ones are classics geez...my favourite Star Wars movie of all time is The Empire Strikes back for sure!

ArthasKnight
I agree, ESB is the best of 'em all.

Mr Parker
Yeah ESB is my favorite as well.A NEW HOPE comes verY close though.I cant believe the people that voted for Return of the jedi.Jedi sucked compared to the ESB and a new hope. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ~AlluNeedIsLuv~
i dont know how you ppl can like the new Star Wars the Original ones are classics geez..

YEAH I dont either,but I also cant understand how anybody can like return of the jedi the best of the 3.I hate that one even worse than the new ones.

.:Space Opera:.
yeah dont like ROTJ, but i absolutely LOVE ESB! it has the best direction of any of the films, quite possibley any film out there!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
yeah dont like ROTJ,

cool. cool great to hear. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance I was so disspointed with jedi the way they wrapped up the whole thing.It went against everything the other two accomplised.

Sicky666
Personally I don't like "Return of the Jedi" much but that is mainly 'cause Vader and the Emperor died in this movie.
"The Phantom of the Menace" isn't either the one (although I like Darth Maul very much)...
We'll have to see what I think of Episode III, but I think this movie will be even greater than LOTR.

ArthasKnight
thumb down No way will it be better than LOTR.

Darth Subjekt
It will absolutly smash LOTR! But its also 2 different type movies. But overall, SW kills LOTR.

ArthasKnight
We could start another thread for this, we're getting off topic...

Darth Subjekt
This is true.....to each his own. smile

Darth_Big_Boy
The Empire Strikes Back - Episode V

Ronny
TESB - V

For one i hate the new 'Star Wars' movies with eminence passion.

Second: A New Hope was basically just an introduction, a little explanation for those who need sorting out. it had some pretty well done battle scenes

I like Empire and ROTJ almost exactly the same, but i really really really love the scene when the blow the Death Star to shit evil face and when Han slits open the Tauntaun i remember throwing up slightly laughing out loud

Wolfie
I'd have to say A New Hope, it's the peak of the series.

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree.I like it just a little bit better than ANH but not much.I love Empire and a new hope.I hate Jedi with a passion though..

pr1983
the best was imo empire strikes back, it was the best written, directed and acted i thought. my favourite though was jedi, i loved the battle on endor, the death star fight, and luke finally beating darth vader.

Jackie Malfoy
"Return of the Jedi" is the best movie of star wars!JM

ccoo
The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie, although A New Hope is my favorite because it is the original. But ESB has better character development and a darker tone. it also has great one-liners but still in context with the movie. Whenever I watch ESB I can't find a flaw in it. I think it is a perfect film for a star wars film. I don't compare it to "The Godfather" or "Gone with the Wind" because they are different types of films. The aspect everyone forgets about all of the original trilogy movies is that they were ahead of their time. Nobody did special effects and made a talking puppet "Yoda" seem so realistic! ESB is still the best

Mr Parker
Your trying to be funny right? laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ccoo
The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie, although A New Hope is my favorite because it is the original.

I could not agree more. Happy Dance

macgeek2005
Attack of the Clones is the Best. When Revenge of the Sith comes out, it will be the best.

The Ones
^ what he said

Fieperskaivu
AOTC was a terrible movie. Horrible acting. The plot was decent, the graphics were decent and the fighting was decent. But the acting...good god. Kill me now.

master sifadius
AOTC is my favorite right now, but it will probably change when ep. III comes out.

moviejunkie23
common guys!!!!
luke getting his hand cut off and crying like a baby after he learns darth vader is his father.
Thats going to be the high point of all six movies and almost everyone even if you havn't seen the movies or not or not knows about that genius plot twist. Its movie history
Empire all the way

Lana
ESB is the best, without a doubt.

Lord Shadow Z
ROTJ, cause although I think it seems a little drawn out and long sometimes its nice to see Luke mature and confident as a Jedi rather than a whiny brat.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
common guys!!!!
luke getting his hand cut off and crying like a baby after he learns darth vader is his father.
Thats going to be the high point of all six movies and almost everyone even if you havn't seen the movies or not or not knows about that genius plot twist. Its movie history
Empire all the way

yeah baby. Happy Dance and then A NEW HOPE is second.

Darth_Glentract
I kile ROTJ the best. At first when I was younger I hated when Luke fought Vader and the Emperor, but now that I understan it I think that it is way cooler and I also have a ton more appreciation for lightsaber fightiong since I started sword fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.