Which One Is Better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zed
Which movie do you think is better, and why.

"Godfather 2" or "Goodfellas"
"Fight Club" or "Clockwork Orange"
"Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" or "Star Trek: Insurrection"
"Wo Hu Zang Long"(Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) or "The Matrix"
and
"Toy Story" or "Toy Story 2"

Maui
Godfather 2 (simply because I haven't seen the other one)
Fight Club (same reason as above)
Star Wars The Phantom Menace (Insurrection was the absolute worst Trek movie I've ever seen. The movie was one big joke)
Matrix (It had very cool special effects.)
Toy Story ( The 2nd one seemed a bit more childish and... I dunno. I guess I don't like change. smile )

Ushgarak
Godfather 2, and I think that the original is even better actually... so much for Scream's film theory...

Fight Club just edges in for making a better social comment in a less anti-social way.

TPM because I think it was a good film. Insurrection was very average- though it was, at least, a proper Trek film.

The Matrix because it was a little more than a straight story, was better directedand was original and not an adaption.

Toy Story because thoswe two are buddy movies- and in the second, the buddies are seperated for too long.

Mind you, it's bloody cruel making us choose between those.

JediOasis
Godfather 2(One of the greatest movies ever made)
Fight Club(The other one was terrible)
TPM(The best lightsaber duel in the entire saga thus far)
The Matrix(Haven't seen Crouching Tiger)
Toy Story 2(a lot of SW references)

zed
Its a must see movie, as if you enjoyed the saber duels you're gonna love CTHD.

Beware its subtitled.

jellabon
Godfather 2
Fight Club
Insurrection....just kiddin' TMP laughing out loud
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Toy Story 2

razman
Crouching Tiger rules! big grin

Zereil
Godfather 2 wins for quality but it depends on the time of watching it as it does throw a whole lotta angst in your direction, Goodfellas at least ou could vaguely look at it with some light heartedness.

Fight club, but simply on the grounds that Clockwerk orange as interesting and experimental as it is, it is by the operative term 'intersting' just like you say to your girlfriend when they ask whether they look good in that dress and you mean to be polite..so Fight club. Star Wars because Star Trek was too much of inane drivel. I still think despite 'not being a Trek Trek movie that First Contact is the best movie they did. Preffered the context of Matrix but the fight scenes of Crouching - even. Oh and Toy Story 2 cos Woody looks like he was gonna get lucky, and besides being a buddy movie it allowed entrance of more buddies... yeesh plus a potential road trip element...

and
"Toy Story" or "Toy Story 2"

Ushgarak
A 'buddy' movie, Zereil, is a movie in which the central lynch-pin is the (non-sexual) relationship between TWO charatcers, not more...

Darth Pants
Goodfellas (not seen any Godfather films eek! )
Fight Club (far, far funnier and not disturbingly '70's)
TPM (Like comparing strawberries and cream with being stabbed in the gut...not enough time to explain why Star Wars is better than Star Trek)
CTHD (The fights were performed by martial artists, not Hollywood stars who've learned a fight sequence parrot fashion. Weapon fighting too.)
Toy Story 2 (seen the first one too many times, a lot more adult humour in the second)

BackFire349
clockwork orange by far, much more creative and original then fight club, a classic dark comedy. no other movie dares to make light of such a awful subject like this does. plus the direction and sets are unarguably better and or experimental.

night fett
I dunno all i got to say is star wars the phantom menace was much better than the star trek insurection
I liked matrix better and i dunno about the others.
stick out tongue

mah
crouching tiger was better than the matrix...and both clockwork and fight club are extremely good films.
and toy story 2 is better than 1.

Ushgarak
Of course, in retrospect, saying Fight Club is less anti-social than ANY film should make you worry about that other film.

(Thinks about Clockwork Orange)

Nope, I was still right!

night fett
I aint seen crouching tiger before so i just chose the matrix.

mechmoggy
Godfather 2 without a doubt cus its much much cooler.

Have to say Clockwork Orange cus I never saw FC. I wsa going to until my mate explained the plot to me and it seemed very silly, or maybe it was just the way he explained it.

TPM, I'm not a big Trekkie so I'm a little biased.

Loved the Matrix for storyline but CTHD has much better fight scenes. If I had to pick I'd say Matrix cus at least its in English.

Toy Story cus the I fell asleep during the second, not a good sign for a film in my book.

Ushgarak
A very bad idea to have ANYONE explain films like Fight Club to you before you watch them. Kill your mates who try to do it in future, as a demonstration.

Trekkie or otherwise, TPM was still better than Insurrection. I'll happily speak from an unbiased viewpoint for you.

ToMacco
Can't choose between Godfather II and Goodfellas . Both are masterpieces.

Star Trek is rediculously stupid. Always has been, and always will be. Sorry to you Trekkies out there, but that is the lowest form of entertainment.

Fight Club was good until the last half hour, then it got very bad. The Matrix was a good idea for a movie, but the cast was so horrible. It was the worst acting in the history of cinema. So this movie completly turns me off; I don't even care to see the sequels.

A Clockwork Orange was good, but so bizzare that you have to watch it several times to understand it.

And both Toy Story's were fabulous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.