Clive Barker's Demonologist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Variety reports that Clive Barker (Hellraiser) has teamed up with writer Ted Tannenbaum (The Dead Zone) to write a fall 2004 television season for NBC entitled Demonologist. The show is loosely based on the book of the same name by Gerald Daniel Brittle about real-life supernatural investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. Like the book, the series will revolve around a married couple who fight demons, but are more afraid of their 15-year-old daughter.

BackFire349
Horror shows don't usually apeal to me, too much cencership on network tv.

ragesRemorse
Clive Barker is one of the most brilliantly twisted horror minds of our time if not the most talented. He needs to stick with what he does best though and that is raw unrelenting horror. He is the best when he is the man behind the scenes, running the show.

Lately he has been taking a different direction almost that of what stephen king did, who ultimately became bland and repetitive. Barkers achievment "abarat" which was a fantastical story with a dark twist was written on a lower scale so it would appeal to kids. This was a shocking move he pulled. however the book is a near masterpiece with great art.

I know barker has been working on this show vigerously the past two years. It seems somewhat low on originality but hopefully it will be somthing new to the table. I'm with you backfire on the remark of censorship, Things have been changing though on the what is allowed on t.v so i'll have to wait and see to completly judge, but i do truly believe this could be a damaging blow to barker's career

He also has two movies comming out with Nikelodian, the movies are based on his comic Ecto kid. This comic was about a kid with the ability to see the dead and evil beings in a parelell universe to ours. the comic was released about 7 years ago and was pretty violent, but since its a nikelodian movie it will most likly be a PG movie

Lord_Andres

ragesRemorse
tales from the darkside was good. I still like the original twilight zone. that show monsters wasnt scary but was good. and of course the gran daddy, Tales from the crypt, i guess that one doesnt count though. I also liked that show millineum alot.

slayer
yeah Freddies nightmare was great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.