Pierce Brosnan starring on Mexicali and Bond 21

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Pierce Brosnan is scheduled to reprise his 007 role when the 21st James Bond film begins production in January 2005. Before that, the star will reteam with MGM on Mexicali, an action thriller that will mark the directorial debut of film editor Pietro Scalia.

MGM just picked up the project, which Screen Gems developed and put in turnaround. The studio quickly began negotiations with Brosnan and Scalia, with an eye toward starting production in 2004.

Brosnan will play a successful businessman who witnesses a murder while on a sailboat with his wife off the coast of Baja. After she goes missing, he must save her and make his way back across the border before the killers catch up with him.

The film was written by Christian Gudegast and Paul Scheuring, the duo who wrote Vin Diesel starrer A Man Apart. Patrick Kelly, who scripted the MGM film Man on the Ledge, has been brought in for a rewrite.

Brosnan is about to begin work with Salma Hayek and director Brett Ratner on After the Sunset, MGM, meanwhile, is mobilizing the next Bond movie. No director has been named, but a holiday 2005 release date has already been carved out, and a treatment and outline have been worked up by Die Another Day writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

ahaetrkarykl
i am personally not a big fan of pierce brosnan as james bond. i think he is better than some but sean connery kicks all their asses

silver_tears
eek! I LOVE JAMES BOND AND PIERCE BROSNAN! eek!
I can't wait till this one big grin

Mrs Brosnan
if pierce brosnan is not the in bond 21 i will never watch a new james bond film for as long as i live

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.