Tupac Shakur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
YO, whats 2pac best song? I say its Me and my Girlfriend, California, and Thugz Nature. He's the best rapper in history. No other rapperz got nothin on him. Im serious.

ragesRemorse
he was deffaintly a lyrical poet for this generation. He was the first rapper to put actual meaning, philosophy, dreams, and truth into the genre. Even today there are only a handfull of rap artists that put actual meaning in there work, infact you can count them on one hand. Today rap is mostly garbage glorifying what is wrong with the world. tu-pac is an undeniable master of talent though. this i agree on. i like keep your head up and dear mama.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, coz ppl nowadayz focus on the beat and hardly give a shit bout the lyricz.

o kiMMii o
i think Letter To My Unborn Child and Thugz Nature , also Changes
2 of them r Michael jackson samples of Liberian Girl and Human Nature
tho i think his abit ahem very overated.....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
and i thought i would be the first to make thread about tupac...but i know alot of great songs. I've said this many times. he is a man of "duality" he sings with anger and love. thats y he's great.

I recommend these songs: Broken Wings, In the air tonight, Only God can Judge Me, and more...

If you looking for some serious anger songs listen to Hit em up. He is really pissed in that song.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Thugs Nature? wtf...dont you mean THugz Mansion? yes he is the best rapper but their are rappers that are at his level. For expample : BIg L (R.I.P) Damn all great rappers are dead. When you say "NO other rapperz got nothin on him" what do you mean? do me mean that no one disses him? cuz thats not true. alot of rappers did not like Tupac cuz he was so "great".

loserib
i dont like rap but i dig tupac dear mama was great song and i aggre nobody out now can touch him lyricly

Neo_Version 7
I mean is nobody is prolly as good as him. Biggie Smallz was also good. Yeah, 2 bad he's dead and all. R.I.P

h0ck3yh0rr0r
biggy was good, but not even close to Tupac. ANyone heard of Big L?

Neo_Version 7
Nope. BTW, thiz is stupid and all, but do you believe Tupac's dead?

loserib
i think biggie smalls was a crap rapper and help start the downfall of rap when he raped he sounded lik he had down syndrom

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i bet when you sing u sound like a little girl crying. everyone has different ways of rapping. i dont care about voice much but its all about lyrics. Biggy had some good lyrics but he wasn't even close to Tupac. Tupac was rap. And neo to answer your question, hmmmm i dunno, well he has a new album soon coming out....Ressurection i believe its called. And he has one song with Biggy in it....I think in one of his songs he says that the whole westside vs eastside rap battle was all a set up by the music industry. they started the battle so they can get more money. but im not sure about that.

loserib
haha thats funny i sound like a lil girl thats funny shit dude i aint laghed like that in days you will see when i post me mp3s at the end of the month
haha lil girl thats rich

h0ck3yh0rr0r
its not a diss(from me)....its just since you dissed biggy, i dissed you for him smile lol
you rap loserib?

loserib
no but i do lead vocals in a heavy metal band but ive never been told i sound like a lil girl you dissed me for biggie how sweet
i do have a cusin that raps though in a group out of san jose they are called most loon they are pretty bad ass i use to like alot of rap when i was yunger nwa bone thugs dr dre topuc old school snopp dog ghetto boys but then puff daddy had to take the hardcore edge out of rap and turn it to pop wast of good genra to me and rap is just not about good lirycs it also about delivery and poetry and biggie had no skills in either

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea bone thugs n harmony kick ass. Snoops is ok. Puffy kinda pisses me off. Tupac was and still is the great one. Biggy had a few good songs, dre pisses me off since he doesn't write his own lyrics, nate dogg kicks ass, 50 cent is worst rapper on planet, i like only 2 songs from eminem, nas is also great, and i will was like Big L (R.I.P)

loserib
have your heard of brotha lynch hung he is bad ass if hve not check out season of the sickness

h0ck3yh0rr0r
no ill check.

loserib
hes pretty hardcore for rap also i have heard a few good things from tech9 what part of cali you from h0ck3yh0rr0r

Neo_Version 7
Ice Cube, Busta Rhymez, Eminem, Nas, Snoop Dogg, are ok rappers. I really hate Nelly tho. He's all commericial and shit. So is 50.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I dont like busta's music. Eminem like i said only has 2 good songs. Ice Cube is good. Nas is better. Snoop is ok. Nelly i had also. same with 50. smile

Neo_Version 7
All his G-Unit hoes. C'mon man, give me a goddamn break! Im not really hot with any of Em's palz either. Like D-12, Obie trice, etc. Dunno bout Xzibit tho. Have'nt heard him yet.

loserib
i call people like nellie and puffy pop rap cuese thats all it really is

Neo_Version 7
Oh, don't even mention Diddy and his little boy toyz: B2K. They suck. Only song I even remotely liked of Diddyz was Mo' Money Mo' Problems. Coz of Biggy.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i heard obie-trice wrote all 50 cent songs is that true?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
or some member from d12.

Neo_Version 7
Whoah! Thatz some info, dawg!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i still dont know which member it is. sad

Neo_Version 7
Its ait, man! Don't bust yo head!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol

Grand_Champ
i just found out there makin' a Tupac movie

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well i know for a FACT that Tupac has several movies. And yes they are THINKING about making a movie about Tupac. but it would be better if it was both Biggy and TUpac.

ragesRemorse
I think there are rappers today surpass tupac on many levels. There are a great many rappers today that can put words together better than tupac, its just the words and meaning they choose that make them less important and entertaining.

Tupac rapped about many things, problems in the world, politics, religoun, and his beliefs and expierences. No other rapper touched the diversity he did and this is because no other rapper can. He put everything he had in his music, not what people wanted to hear, and this is why many people can relate to his lyrics.

I do beleive there are better rappers at freestyle. Emenim and canibus can freestyle on a level that i believe that tupac never achieved, however theire lyrics never really break free from there repetitive trend. Rappers like NAS and DMX are in my opinion the best rappers of the day. They have that great substance in there lyrics tupac had. The thing is however these rappers were all inspired in some way by tupac.

loserib
id wtch a movie about tupac but not about biggie

Neo_Version 7
ragesremorse, that is prolly the wittiest shit I've ever read in KMC EVER. I mean it man. I completely agree wit you on many levelz of what ur last post was about. NAS, DMX, etc. are very good rapperz at heart. They have good beatz and more importantly; compelling lyrics.

Darth Hater
YO

how is tupac the greatest of all time????

Neo_Version 7
He'z got very good lyrics. And the fact that he can match them up with anger and hate.

loserib
hate and anger rock two of my favorite emotions

Darth Hater
>>>He'z got very good lyrics. And the fact that he can match them up with anger and hate.<<<

if that's the reason why,then he's nowhere near the greatest of all time.

Neo_Version 7
Look, you could think goddamn Vanilla Ice was the greatest rapper of all time! I don't give a shit. I just agree that Tupac is a great rapper, thatz all.

iluvpippin
i love 2pac! i havnt heard all his songs, i wanna get all his albums, but my favs so far are until the end of time, changes and i aint mad at cha! they rock! others i rilly like, some i just like, others i havnt heard, bu ti love him! its good that he sings about rasism (well mainly in changes) coz im against rasism an that! i love tupac! i want to get a picture of him painted on my wall! how much do you think it'd cost?

MF D00m
hockey,i thought you only liked a few songs by 2pac, but you thought he was the best rapper?

weaksauce

metal face
ya what the hell?

i called you out about that, and you said you didnt like him much

now he's your hero

get your story straight

iluvpippin
well, tupac rox! no matta wat any1 says!

HockeyHorror
i didn't finish sentence correctly...Pac is best MAINSTREAM rapper

big grin my bad

madsci
my favorite tupac albums are "me against the world" and "strictly for..." i enjoy those songs a lot more than his later recordings. i know that "all eyez on me" is probably one of his most popular, but he seemed all too consumed with the "death row" lifestyle, and much more concerned with what everyone thought of him, a true sign of insecurity. yet, he was extremely influential in what is considered rap music today, just look at 3/4 of all the rappers on mtv/rap city.

once again, he's dead.

madsci
hip hop purist

iluvpippin
my fav songs are 'changes' 'until the end of time' 'i aint mad at ya' and 'do for love' especially the do for love filmclip! theyre wikid!

NorfWest
Hey sup,,,i absolutely hate Nelly, i think Snoop was a great rappa in tha old dayz but that song "Lets get blown" is kinda....dumb? Tupac, Nas, Big L, Biggie, n eminem are my favorite. i HATE JARULE!!! i dont even want to use his name he tries to sound all bad azz and he make a fool out of his self...does n e one agree? He sounds like he really smokes alot of w33d. mad

hh?
welcome to KMC^

go to the !i!ihip!i!ihop!i!i thread thumb up

Neo_Version 7
those were the old days, eh, Hockey?

hh?
old days cry

laughing out loud

koolruningz
To quote Eric B and Rakim "it aint where you're from its where you're at". wink

Darth Revan
...? Lemme guess, next you're going to say that 50-cent invented gangster?

Alpha Centauri
One thing that pisses me off is that everyone seems to think that the only rappers ever to die are 2pac, Biggie and Big L. Big L being the greatest loss of the three.

They're gone, they weren't even that great, aside from Big L. Let it go.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I agree.

hh?
laughing out loud shit this thread is old. very old.

and yea Big L was great. but cant say he's still the best compared to current mc's.

Neo_Version 7
word dog!

Old Skool Thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.