Major Spoiler!! Anakin's about to fall...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
I found this on TFN, sounds pretty exciting.

SPOILERS! - After the events of the absolutely epic opening space battle, the droid general has escaped, Palpatine has been rescued and Dooku is dead. Unfortunately, the Seperatist cruiser that Obi-Wan, Anakin and Palpatine is on, has now broken apart and tumbles into the atmosphere of Coruscant. The "Coruscant Fire Department" sends up fire ships to help guide the ship in for as safe of a crash landing as they can manage. This certainly is a "Grevious" situation. Haha, I've been wanting to say that. Anyhow, this seems like a reasonable explanation to the Fire Ship idea, I've been wondering how that would fit in. It makes sense that a city planet would have a way to fight fires and rescue people from extreme situations. This could be the reason several "extreme wind" situations have been called for on set.
-Anakin expects to be treated with more respect by the Jedi order now after having killed Dooku and rescuing Palpatine. When the droid general is tracked down, Obi-Wan is sent off on the mission to take him down, not Anakin. Palpatine, in response to his being kidnapped, uses this as a foil to upgrade his security and make Anakin his personal bodyguard. Another step for Anakin to be closer to Palpatine and in the future the Dark Side. He is getting prideful with slaying Dooku, and we see him now separated from Obi-Wan yet again. A receipe for disaster. And "upgrading the security" sure sounds like the Red Guards finally get much deserved recognition.

- Anakin does indeed have to make a "choice" in the film. That choice is given to him by Palpatine. In response, Mace Windu chooses to try and defend himself. This sounds like it fits with the Palpidious SPY REPORT earlier this week. Anakin is guarding Palpatine, per the spoiler above, and Mace comes for a visit. We see a flash of the ROJ Palpatine, then he unloads on Mace. Anakin and Mace duel, with Mace going down hard - sealing Anakin's embrace of the Dark Side.

Anankin has some killing to do in this one.

mephistodesigns
OH MY GOD THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sorry I bashed GL earlier today... embarrasment
WOW. WOWWIE WOW WOW! Oh, I probably shouldn't have read that, its all im gonna think about for the next, oh...2 YEARS! okay...I'm done...I'm gonna breath now....
I was so hoping to see THAT duel, the uhhh, "turning" one.

Lyn
I know!!
It's gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!! Happy Dance

Darth Hater
so does this mean anakin will become darth vader b4 the suit???

Ushgarak
That was always likely, wasn't it? I mean, if we assume the suit is a result of njuries he sustained fighting Obi-Wan, then it was always a good bet that by the time he fought his own best friend he was already Vader.

mephistodesigns
I figure they fight because Kenobi goes to try to turn him back. I've always thought this, hence the line in ROTJ when Luke says he knows theres still good in him Vader responds, "Obi-wan once thought as you did". Which means he definetly spoke with Anakin after he became Vader.

Darth Hater
That was always likely, wasn't it?

likely doesnt mean it is

in EU,he wasnt vader until he fell into the lava pit

i know its not the movie,but ep3 isnt out yet so

who knows besides the people making the movie

queeq
Eu doesn't mean anything. Of course he becomes Vader before the suit. It's not breathing equipment that makes one a Darth. Not with Maul, not with Sidious, not with Tyrannus, so neither will it be with Vader. And of course OB1 tries to turn him back, that was always the point... *sigh* but where are the surprises....

mephistodesigns
thats not even true about his EU background. Where'd you read that? In all the Essential Guides and the OT Visual Dictionary, it says that he was Darth Vader b4 the suit, was critically injured fighting Obi-wan, had a temporary suit made to sustain him until he finished designing the Vader suit we all know and love. He supposedly based the design on an ancient Sith armor from before the Sith Wars. It said he had a sort of plastic face covering b4 THE Vader suit. And none of that matters now because it sounds like Lucas will have him looking pretty close to the OT suit. I think people ASSUMED it was because of the injuries that he went bad. People seem to think the armor is Vader instead of its host. So why would Anakin and Obi-wan fight then? Over a game of sabaac gone horribly sour?

A: Dammit Master! How will I ever bluff if you keep reading my thoughts! you cheating krayt dragon! I will NOT sit down! You're jealous! 'Cuz I'm tapping Padme and you're only gettin some mild flirtation from Luminara!

Well, that would be one hell of a surprise wouldn't it? wink

finti
And the former Jedi isn't officially named "Darth Vader" until after the lava bath.
source TFNs spyreport

Makes you go hmmmmmmmmm

Darth Hater
Eu doesn't mean anything. Of course he becomes Vader before the suit. It's not breathing equipment that makes one a Darth. Not with Maul, not with Sidious, not with Tyrannus, so neither will it be with Vader. And of course OB1 tries to turn him back, that was always the point... *sigh* but where are the surprises....

talk about thinkin they know it all...i never said anything about him becoming "darth" because of the suit...dunno where that came from....i just meant about him turning to the darkside...and its funny how you say "of course"...there is no of course because nobody knows what's gonna happen yet

thats not even true about his EU background. Where'd you read that?

" We fought ... your father fell into a molten pit. When your father clawed his way out of that fiery pool, the change had been burned into him forever --- he was Darth Vader, without a trace of Anakin Skywalker. Irredeemably dark. Scarred. Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will ... "

theres a quote for you buddy

read my post titled "vader's injuries" for more

Darth Hater
finti
Stormbringer

Forum Councillor

And the former Jedi isn't officially named "Darth Vader" until after the lava bath.
source TFNs spyreport

of course!

Julie
who knows....if it's true it's true...sounds like I'll see it either way....*waits*

Lames.s.
It would be cool if he took the name before the lava bath.

mephistodesigns
i think that quote simply means there was no turning back, Anakin would not be Anakin again (at least till ROTJ!). Obi-wan knew at that point he couldn't be turned back to the light. But like you said, EU means nothing anyway. Even in the EU they say that its speculation. And GL will finally give us all the answers in a couple years. And this debate, which had gone on in SW fans for who knows how long, will finally be over. he just better tie up loose threads so we don't have anything else to debate after III! big grin

Darth Hater
i'd be happy either way

but i'd rather see him turn b4 the lava

queeq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.