The Hulk Is Back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zed
Ang Lee(Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) is going to direct 'The Incredible Hulk', he said he's gonna have to do cultural, scientifical and techinal research before he starts.

http://www.killermovies.com/images/movies/hulk.jpg

Should be a top movie, can't wait.

Do you think that the Hulk should be CGI or just a big guy painted green?

ratcat
I had always understood that the Hulk would be a 100% CGI creation.

razman
I don't think CGI would look that good.

You can never get the movements realistic. Stick with a human, I say big grin

zed
Thats debatable, have you seen what they have done with Final Fantasy.

Fantastic

Its gonna be hard to find a 9 to 12 feet tall, 1,500 pounds, green man laughing out loud

Zereil
Ooh now that is an interesting question with the Hulk. They had originally started doing a Hulk movie before, albeit by a different company, but was canned after 60% of it was done on the grounds of the CGI budget of the time. Now the question is which varient of the Hulk they are going with when deciding whether they wish to use CGI. In genral with the larger Hulk which ae meant to range from 7 - 81/2 feet if not CGI to get that feel they would have to use Animatronics and that could be a whole lot more expensive and ineffectual. None the less either way looking forward to a good movie...

ratcat
I think CGI would work. The Hulk has a very primative movement range in my mind, one of the reasons I didn't really like the Lou Ferrengo Holk.

Look at Might Joe Young, a mostly CGI creation and he worked. Also Jar Jar worked to a certain extent, even if the actual creature irritated so many people.

The models used in CGI are improving everyday and there have been some pretty realistic digital humans produced in very recent times. As for digital creatures, the dinosaurs in JP2 were excellent.

I think a CGI Hulk is definately the way to go. I think we will be very suprised at how realistic a digital man can be when we see the CGI Spider-Man.

Zereil
This is fair enough, I assume that if you assume the primitive style of movement that you think it will be the savage HUlk then, wouldn't surprise me but I personally feel that it really limits the range in the character, however if they focus on the character of Banner, and call him Bruce like they should it maybe alright. Peter David did some brillinat work even on the Svage persona. Anyway As to the CGI it is said to be getting cheaper and better everyday...

zed
He told USA TODAY that

So we would assume he will go for that, personally I think CGI would be able to cope, as 'Final Fantasy' looks really lifelike. Download trailer Final Fantasy

Click here for article

ratcat
Man, that is awesome animations.

They just keep getting better and better.

Zereil
The Final Fantasy movie looks superb but I'm not so keen on the style being employed for number 10, having said that I hunger after the style used in 8, although 9 was good as it did carry infered references to the now dated 4, what do you think of the whole transition of games to film such as the new attempt to do Resident Evil?...

ratcat
Shrek is another with digital people that looks pretty good.

Gundark
The Shrek previews look good, but I just don't know about Hulk. Wonder what Stan Lee thinks ?

ratcat
Well, he was closely involved with the TV series as a Narrator and also appearing in cameo roles so I'd imagine he'd be for it.

zed
Well I just heard that there's another comic book-to-movie conversion 'The Fantastic Four', does anybody remember them?

Heres a pic to refresh memories

http://www.killermovies.com/images/movies/Fantastic4.jpg

ratcat
Yeah, this ones been around for about 5 years. I saw some pictures of the test makeup for a live action THING once. I'll see if I can find them, but it goes back about 3 years or so....

ratcat
Noooooo, I was referring to the THING from the FF4, looked quite interesting.

As to the HULK, he will be 100% CGI

stupid
A big guy, painted green

Augeybana
Yeah the old ones used to be with a bodybuilder painted green that what made it so cool.

chico23
Oh the fantastic four, nice!!!!

Augeybana
Wasn't there a fantastic T.V show cartoonand HUlk cartoon.

GordonSkywalker
I think there was.

Augeybana
I don't think it lasted to long.

Captain REX
Nope, not long at all.

Asian Hulk
Hulk is make anger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.