Moulin Rouge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
Has anyone else seen it?..I thought it was very cool.

razman
Its not out until August here in the UK.

Is it a musical?

Edna_witch
Yeah what's it about? Eeryone has been going on about it but I haven't got a clue what it is about. And the title really means nothing to me. Perhaps you could enlighten me Dim!

urbanchick05
same here Edna Witch... the name means ABSOLUTELY nothing to me... my friends want me to go 'n' see it w/ them but im like WHAT IS IT ABOUT... even my sister (Jedi Knightess) wants to see it. but i have NO idea what itz about. this is confusing me... PLEASE HELP~ thanx lotz... smile

finti
Molin Rouge was a bar thing in Paris about the turn of the century( last) also a French artist/painter who had both his legs amputated at the knees. Went to this bar with dancing girls and hookers.

Edna_witch
So it's a film about a bar with dancing girls and hookers that a man with no legs used to frequent. Hmmm. Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea somehow!

Dim
Actually it's a story of a writer(Ewan McGregor) and a courtisan(Nicole Kidman) who fall in love while they're preparing a play at the Moulin Rouge. They have to hide they're feelings from the play's investor, The Duke. It's not at all historically accurate. It's very artsy and the music is all redos from the 80's.

On a side note..Toulouse Latrec didn't have his legs amputated. He broke them when he fell off a horse when he was a teenager and they were stunted. Just so you know Hehehhe big grin (Sorry, I just know a bit about Toulouse Latrec)

finti
Well Latrec was short though, I just asumed they were amputated. embarrasment

Dim
I know...I just know what happened because I had to do a paper on him for Art History...

Chewbacca
I saw it last weekend. It is a very cool movie, even though I have no clue what that song is saying. wink I normally don't like musical-type movies, but the plot was very good.

foxota5
im glad to see noone has compained alot about it.
i think its an awsome movie, very creepy, and load, but itss one of my very very very favorites

gshkris7272
I love this film, it is so awesome. I loved the acting in it! the ending is so sad. this film is so goodsmile(L)!

Flying High
its one of the few musicals i like smile

gshkris7272
lol yeah same here.smile

*Georgina_A*
♥ for Moulin Rouge!

It's one of my favourite films.

gshkris7272
same again. lol

carita
It was a interesting experience to watch it. Not like I watch movies like that, so it was a good surprice. Really liked the movie

cool_dudes_rule
yeah my girlfriend tried to get me to watch it with her.

fini
seen enough indian movies in my life , SO with that in mind, a well made musical love story will always be welcome by me.

I loved it.

T.M
I thought I would hate this movie because I usually don't like movies of this genre. But I really enjoyed it. The song the girls sing in prison was my favourite song in the movie yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.