!the new villain is revealed! SPOILER!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheChosenOne
FACTS:

As we all know (maybe not everybody, but...) there is an EU character that will be inplanted in Ep III.

We also know that there will be a new villain. A 'Jedi Killing Terror', half man, half machine, eilding two lightsabers, one white and one orange.

Another thing said by LucasFilm is that the Vader suit is put together by 'some' other character(s).

Also, the new villain is supposed to be the 'General' of the Separatist Droid army.

SO! Here is the new villain:

SPOILER!!!

Durge, from the new comics and the upcoming 'Clone Wars' cartoon.

'A long-lived bounty hunter who has replaced Jango Fett as Count Dooku's right-hand man, Durge has long held a grudge against the Mandalorians. Emerging from hibernation after the Battle of Geonosis, the bounty hunter learned that the Mandalorians were all but extinct. Their legacy continued, however, in the form of the Republic's clone troopers, forged from Jango Fett's genetic material. Durge then joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems to enact his revenge upon Jango's clones, and fights alongside Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars.'

(taken from the official StarWars site, page: 'Introducing Durge')

Look through all the facts, people, and check it out: his helmet is really Vader looking. (in fact, on supershadow.com, Lucas has revealed that parts of Durge IS used for the suit!)

yerssot
supershadow is a lot of crap on a stick and shouldn't be believed

if you think it's durge, here are some pointers:

-Durge does NOT wield any sabres, the only Clone Wars villain that at this point does wield sabres is Assaj Ventress and she uses two red ones
-there is no sabre-color white nor a sabre-color orange
as GL clearly said it once when SLJ and Best asked him:
"Green and blue are for the good guys and red for the villains"
so, if it's a villain it will be red

LanceWindu
I agree with the saber colors being weird.

But this is good information on the droid General...I myself have been seriously thinking it was going to be Durge the whole time.

I just don't see how he will weild lightsabers.

Ushgarak
Indeed, can you actually offer any proof- as far away from Supershadow as possible?

DarkJediStoops
It won't be Durge in Episode 3, no chance.

And those 2 colors of White & Orange is just SuperFraud rubbish. - DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM SUPERSHADOW.COM!! - If this Droid General does fight with 2 lightsabers. They will probably be taken from dead Jedi, in which this "Jedi Killer" has killed.

LanceWindu
Yes and he wouldn't be able to control the two lightsabers easily either, one is hard enough for a non Jedi, two would be near impossible.

yerssot
hard? you just stick the shiny part in the other guy!

LanceWindu
Yes, but without accidentally cutting yourself to bits whiule making fancy moves...

yerssot
then obviously don't make fancy moves stick out tongue

LanceWindu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then what's the point? stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
I still think its gonna be Ventress. And who knows, maybe Durge will be in it. Lucasfilm has gone to obvious great lengths to showcase these characters having them in comics, the cartoon, and toys. BUT, this also was "apparently" the case with Aurra Sing too and we haven't seen her since Ep 1. Now, in the comics she has wielded two sabers from dead jedi as she only accepts jedi contracts for the most part. But again, the EU has had so many duel saber wielders that until I get a live action pic of somebody, I'm not gonna believe any of the rumors.

Darth Hater
-there is no sabre-color white nor a sabre-color orange
as GL clearly said it once when SLJ and Best asked him:
"Green and blue are for the good guys and red for the villains"
so, if it's a villain it will be red

mace's saber is purple

yerssot
yes, but do check the commentary where he said it, you'll see that at THAT point, SLJ asked for a purple one, with GL thinking and saying
"you might get purple"

the point still stands: only blue, green and red, with Mace being the sole exception, it's not that he said green, blue and red and everyone who askes for another color gets one

Darth Hater
yes, but do check the commentary where he said it, you'll see that at THAT point, SLJ asked for a purple one, with GL thinking and saying
"you might get purple"

why is SLJ so special?

Lames.s.
I dont think it is going to be Durge. I'll bet the Eu info is a smoke screen and the new baddie is Wat Tambor...he fits the description pretty well, with the exception of the white armour.

LanceWindu
It won't be Ventress, why bring in another Sith and break the two Sith rule?

queeq
I don't buy it. I don't buy an EU character having a major role and I don't buy another Sith. From other spoilers we 'know' that Anakin will soon be in palpy's following after Dooku's death.

mephistodesigns
Exactly. Sing was certainly a ruse. I'd love to see Wat Tambor wielding two lightsabers. I wonder who would win between Tambor and Robby the Robot from Forbiden Planet...
Ventress (I love how we're all to lazy to learn her first name, now I don't feel bad) isn't a Sith. Nor is she supposed to be. Lucas himself has said that it is the nature of the Sith to try to take power from the other members. Thats how the rule started. Its also why the Emperor wanted Luke once Vader pointed out his strength, and why Vader wanted Luke. Both will usually try to find a new apprentice to wipe out the other Sith. The Sith are greedy (GL said this in the AOTC commentary). They always want more power. So the master wants to keep it as long as he can, and the apprentice wants to take it. We saw this when Vader offered to finish Luke's training. We also saw a subtle hint of it in AOTC where Dooku tried to sway Obi-wan by using Qui-gons philosophies as bait. Ventress is Dooku's back up, his contigency plan. Sort of like why the Emperor kept Mara Jade around, only training her just enough (its EU but I'm just making a point based on GL's established rules). he found her and trained her as a lieutinent(sp). So she is neither Jedi nor Sith. That's why, if he does take an EU character, it MIGHT be her. How much screen time is the new villian supposed to have? Its probably not much.

queeq
Anakin is the next Sith villain, people. Dooku dies and Anakin takes his place. Remember: SW is simple.

mephistodesigns
he's the next SITH villian. Isn't the question about a character Lucas has said is neither Sith nor Jedi?

finti
-Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time.

This is from TFN`S Spy reports

mephistodesigns
sounds like the 'he' is misleading and that it is Ventress who's in the cartoon...
hmmmm.....

Ushgarak
We are still trying to get some of these reports confirmed, though.

mephistodesigns
ahhh...drat. I'd really like to see Ventress in action on film. Y'know she was originally ILM concept art of AOTC? She was a possible contender for the new Sith spot along with Kit Fisto before he was made instead into a jedi and given that name.

Ushgarak
Oooh.

Yeah, problem is there have been conflicting TFN reports, like the two adjacent ones saying "Boba's scenes have been shot' next to 'Boba is not in this film'.

So major things like this we need confirmation on before we are sure.

To be fair on TFN they do not deceive you with false guarantee of the accuracy of the spy reports.

mephistodesigns
I hope boba is in it. I have a reason Durge MIGHT be in it only because of an aspect of his suit wouldn't make sense: On his chest is a large blue skull IDENTICAL to the one on Boba Fett's left shoulder plate. I would really like to know whats going on there. either Durge is wearing it to symbolize having a hand in killing Jaster Mereel (the rumored real name of Boba Fett until Lucas did the clone thing. but they made it end up in EU that Jaster Mereel was a real Mandalorian and Boba Fett's armor used in the movies was modeled after him. Jaster trained Jango before the Madalorians were basically wiped out by a Jedi task force led by Dooku of all people). Or Boba Fett has the emblem on his arm cuz he killed Durge? But Mereel wore it too so I guess its just another detail Fett uses to emulate him. But this isn't even relevant to the movies and would be a complete waste of screen time that could be used to show Anakin kicking more @$$. so maybe they're planning on dealing with it in the comics. I don't know why this is relevant to the thread, I just want to know if anyone knows what the deal is here...

I'd like to see Ventress and Durge just to sort of pay homage to the bounty hunters of ESB.

Cowboyography
I heard from a reliable source that the new Villain Will in fact be a Female and Will Wield 2 Sabers.....................................HMMMMMM

mephistodesigns
what source?

Star_Wars_3
This is not true. Durge is not the new villian. Supershadow is a fraud!

Ushgarak
Yeah, that is kinda the vibe we have too...

mephistodesigns
lol Ush. It sounds like perhaps someone other than Shadow is seriously talking about Durge being in the movies. i think most people just think he is cause he's getting press right now in the comics and the toys and cartoon. I'd LIKE him to be in it, but honesly, I don't see a functional place for him that wouldn't hinder the main story unless he's just sort of a background character in a quick fight.

mephistodesigns
as I always say, until I see a movie still, and not one of SuperShadow's 'halloween decorations as characters' pics either, I can only hope. But know that realistically, he ain't in it. And not long if at all.

yerssot
think of Aurra Sing
she was in a lot of these things too but barely had anything to do in TPM and wasn't in AOTC at all! (guess they switched to Zam)

cookies2006
The bad guy is the guy off of the SW cartoon,RIGHT?Sorry iv'e not been payin attention.

Lames.s.
Say what you will about Tambor, but think about it ...there is no need for Lucas to waste valuable movie time by introducing a new character and something of a backstory. In a sense, he has already done that in episode II for Tambor. According to the official site's data bank Tambor is in charge of the Techno Union which by default places him in charge of the droid foundry on Geonosis, which places him in charge of the droids. Now diddnt I read somewhere that the new bad guy was in charge of the droid army? He is part machiene. The web site also said he was back "and badder than ever" which says to me Jedi killing machiene. I think there is enough evidence to at least add him to the list of possibilities.

mephistodesigns
yerssot--that's what I always figured GL did with Sing too. That was a wasted character. She was cool. They put her in a comic about Aayla Secura recently where Secura finally brings her down. Its really good.
Lames S.--LOL!!! That's a pretty decent case for him...didn't know anyone cared about Tambor so much. But I'm still gonna have to go with a big 'don't think so' on that one.

Lames.s.
I'ts not that I like him at all. It's about having facts right in front of you. This is the easiest way for GL to introduce a new villan and kill him off before the intro of Vader, useing minimal screen time. Personally, I wouldnt mind a new villan, however I just dont think GL has the time to introduce, have an action sequence with, and kill a new baddie on top of everything else that needs to come out in episode III. At least with Tambor we already know where his alliance is and what he does. He could have an action sequence at the beginning of the film, and then Obi-Wan wack him at the 1/2 way point then bring on Vader.

finti
I think to put Sing in EP I was a fan gesture from GL side

queeq
I doubt there will be more than that in EPIII, if at all.

Rogue Jedi
i cant wait to see this "durge" guy.

finti
if he is in at all

Darth Hater
it's gonna be boba!!!!

just kiddin stick out tongue

i'm thinkin durge right now

queeq
Who knows...

Darth Hater
george lucas...

queeq
I hope so. stick out tongue

Darth Hater
laughing out loud

mephistodesigns
sometimes you wonder about him... big grin

Darth Jello
"SPOILER"

according to TFN its going to be a guy named grevious introduced in the last episode of clone wars

finti
sorry to say but that is an old rumor now

Doohass
I still like the Idea that George lucas will be in it. laughing
It'll be like a Steven King cameo...

Rogue Jedi
george lucas as a clone trooper? a bounty hunter? a jedi master? that would be cool.

yerssot
I doubt he will make a cameo messed

Julie
villian is a villian.....all bound for defeat inthe end

Capt_Fantastic
There's a supposed pic of the new baddie over at TF.N. I hope it isn't acurate...since it looks too much like Vader. I hope this is something some one is making up, because I think it's the worst spoiler I've seen so far for Ep3. I think it kinda takes away from how cool a look Vader has in the OT

Doohass
Did anyone check out TFN! They released a Pic they think will be the new "Bad Guy". It looks alot like Darth but mostly white. It's on their main page. Even if he won't look like that the pic looks cool.

njherbz741
it looks very odd

Doohass
yeah, It almost like a copy of Vader. But has some white...And the thing going on with the helmet.

finti
to Vadersih

queeq
It appears that this new villain does have multiple lightsabres but doesn't use them in combat. It seems like he's collecting them from the Jedi he killed.

Doohass
I can see that, you can see the machines in the background. It looks like he's walking away from the battle with them on.

yerssot
to me, all these rumors can mean
1) fanboys are taking over yet again
or
2) GL doesn't want to let this one flop so he copies very large parts of the OT to this movie (like finti said: the bad guy is too vaderish)

finti
yeah I aint buying it

mephistodesigns
it might have been concept art for the new villian, they tend to start pretty wild and then tone it down. But its probably just fan art. Lucas is usually a little more subtle than that. That helmet totally blows.

Doohass
I agree with you guys, They said Vader has some stuff from his suit. But not everything from the suit. I agree with you guys, that helmet is totally weird.

Darth Ninja
Is Durge a Dark Jedi? He can't be a Sith because Tyrannus is the apprentice and Vader replaces Tyrannus (after slaughtering him).

yerssot
he's a bounty hunter and won't appear in the movie

Darth Ninja
Vader would've kill him (for being a copycat), had Durge been in the movie.
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.