Kill Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spydar1982
Hmmmmm... Looks like we have ourself's a challenger.... I saw it thought it was pretty good. Its broken into chapters (sort of like Pulp Fiction) one chapter is mostly done in anime I believe it was by the same artist/director of "Kids Story" on the Animatrix DVD. I don't think I have seen more blood in one movie. (thumbs up). Did anyone else see this? What did you think?

burlyman
no

Korri
i think it looks great!!

clavis9495
yeah it's alright

JediHDM
why is this here, and not in the General movies forum...?

spydar1982
Because I wanted to see what other MATRIX fans thought of it. If it bothers you then why did you post rather than ignore it? (no need to answer)

Ness
it looks weird but ill try it there realy hasn't been a movie with ninja swords and that is bad but wat is it about

Sifer
It's out over here in the UK next week I think -at least, I hope. I REALLY want to watch this movie. The Kung-Fu in this movie is really gonna kick ass.

Crash_Overload

spydar1982
There is a whole 20 minutes of Anime in the Kill Bill movie. It is used to show the background of Lucy Lu's character. Mannnnn its f**king awesome too. Its by the same people who did "Kids Story" on the Animatrix. Its violent as all hell too!

droopy1592
Too much over the top blood but the book was similar.

Choreography could be a bit better. Story a tad bit empty.

GABRIEL05
Yeah the story was kinda just an excuse to chop kill maim murder and just be violent in general. However in Tarantino fasion it was done with style. My favorite scene is where Uma Thurman is standing
on the banister talking to all the dudes who had their
limbs chopped off, and Sophie. I forget the exact dialogue,
but the way she says it is was hilarious to me

Also watching the movie it feels like Tarantino is benignly mocking all the martial arts
thats so prevalent in movies nowadays.

clavis9495
spydar you should put this on te general discussion forum coz this isn't the right place as JediHDM said earlier

GABRIEL05
It all depends on what the mods say. I think it could stay here.

-=Urot=-
I saw kill bill last night, and it was really good.

If you love old stlye kung fu moives, then this ones for you.

GABRIEL05> I agree that part was really good! It went something like this: Thoses of you who are fortunate enough to still have your lives may go. But leave your severed limbs because they belong to me now! That whole fight was awesome!

Imo O-Ren Ishi bodyguard was the Sh*t!! That little girl was crazy!

The anime section dealing with the origin of O-Ren Ishi was really good.

I was lmao when O-Ren Ishi decapitated the crime boss that called her a half breed!! That was priceless!

All in all it was a great film. It took from plenty of classic kung fu movies.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

spydar1982
This forum wasn't put here to really promote kill bill. I just wanted to know what Matrix fans thought of the movie. I also wanted to point out that the same animators that made the "Kids Story" are the same who did the O-Ren -Ishii chapter in Kill Bill.... just wanted to see what people thought here, not in the other forums. If I cared what they thought I would have posted their, but I don't... I care what those who frequent this board had to say.

forumcrew
first off i thought it was awesome... secondly Gabriel05 you should do some research about the movie before u talk blindly.. Tarantino loves old martial arts movies, and HATES cgi. This movie was out of respect for them, he wanted to combine elements of them, spaghetti westerns and others in one highly detailed movie... thats why it follows a similar style as older ones and borrows from bruce lee

husky321
This was a great movie but I am sick of people breaking one movie in half. I have to wait until february to see the ending of this movie now.

JediHDM
well, it increases the suspense in a way no plot twist can...it also gives one time to reflect on the first half, before being introduced to the second...

spydar1982
Exactly!... Thats how I feel about Reloaded and Revolutions. I hope that all the people that thought Reloaded sucked will slap themselves ("OOOHHHHHH..."wink when they watch Revolutions. Another reason I am glad Kill Bill is out. It sure quieted my hunger for Revolutions. I do not want to be overly excited and have too many expectations like I did for Reloaded.

-=Urot=-
It was really ment to be one whole movie, but they had to cut it in half for the sake of time.

I don't think you would want to watch a 5+ hour film in one sitting.

spydar1982
Yes I had heard that. Thats why its called Vol 1 and Vol 2. At first I thought mannnn thats really lame. Figured they (miramax) were copying off the hype from the reloaded/revolutions. But i hear that the real reason is so they can control the oscars. The movie will be in the running two years in a row.

I wasn't too happy about the corny looking CGI in Reloaded but after seeing the trailer for Revolutions I am sure the efx team has got to get an oscar for that. especially with the smiths....whew.... (jumping like a 5 year old) I CANT WAIT FOR NOV 5.

JediHDM
well, they were trying to do it in a timely manner, they didnt want to take 7 years perfecting the hardware to make them look perfect *cough* SquareMovie *cough* but i think that, despite the fact, it is still much better than all the others out there...i mean Reloaded, not Kill Bill...

GABRIEL05
Perhaps, you didn't understand what I was trying to say, something that happens quite often. I thought the movie looked a little overdramatic, but that it was done on purpose. Oh yeah B I never said it wasn't just the most awesome movie I've seen this year, until I see revolutions that is.

spydar1982
Thanks Gabe you totally get it. Thats the whole reason I posted this thread. *HIGH 5*

HexSintax
Kill Bill is definitely a must-see. So much blood *begins to drool* and violence, its been a while since we've had a movie like this. Btw, the fight scene with The Bride -vs- Go-Go is once of the best, that little school girl and swing that damned thing big grin

spydar1982
Yeah when I first saw her I didn't find her very attractive. Maybe it was because she was gutting a pedophile. i dont know. but once she started kickin ass with that ball and chain.... I wanna marry the girl. god that was soo cool. AND LUCY LIU.... SIGH.... I am to O-Ren Ishii what Korri is to Neo. *continues to gaze out bedroom window into the clouds*

Dryden
wonder why this is still under matrix forum though...lol

HexSintax
don't wonder, just post your opinion about the movies in relation and not about why we should move our thread smile

BackFire349
It puts all the matrix movies to shame, for more creative and genuine

spydar1982
(trying his hardest to look tough) YEAHH!!!

JediHDM
NO, NO MOVIE AND/OR MOVIE SERIES PUTS THE MATRIX TO SHAME!!! THAT IS BLASPHEMY, AND I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!!

spydar1982
wait wait so we are clear my YEAHH!!! was regarding to HEX's last post not that other dicks post. MATRIX IS THE BADDEST FN FILM EVER. kill bill isn't even QT's best (2nd to pulp... reallllly close though). ease up on the caps lock though little buddy ... obsessed much...

JediHDM
i wasnt refering to you, i was refering to the post ABOVE yours...and although i dont think this is the correct place for this thread, i do want to see the movie.

BackFire349
Correction, many movies/series put matrix to shame. Kill Bill puts matrix to shame in the fighting department, the fighting is just so much more rewarding then in the matrix, unless you're definition of rewarding is seeing neo running away after every fight like a pussy.

HexSintax
the fighting in Kill Bill was uncanny, yeah thats right, uncanny. i was in a state of shock-and-awe almost the whole movie because some of it was a little comical, but good in a QT way of directing. he did some of the cheapness on purpose, but overall, the movie was outstanding, 10/10 stars, gonna go see it again wednesday big grin

JediHDM
Just b/c the fighting wasn't "up to par" means that the movie was shamed?! This movie, (and by "this" i mean the matrix) was so much deeper and more profound and thought provoking than ANY i have ever seen and or heard of coming out of Hollywood today, better even than the old movies of the forties and fifties (and im a big fan of those as well)...Just b/c some "action" movie has more "fighting" doesn't mean that the movie is better than Matrix...Am i right, or does everyone else think Matrix sux?

HexSintax
i LOVE the matrix, M1 is better than Kill Bill, but until you've seen Kill Bill, you will find out that its NOT all action, its some f*cked up sh*t lol what more can i say that its QT and you know how his movies are i hope....

BackFire349
There are no deep or profound notions in the movie, that is wishful thinking brought up by the fans who over analize every stupid little thing in this over-rated series.

HexSintax
your must be as dumb as a box-o-hair, i swear, there are no deep meanings in any movie (me being sarcastic) how can you say that about two deep movies? do you have any intelect, besides believing that lame excuse for a serious Matrix Analysis on that site you posted in another thread?

JediHDM
wow...i think maybe you need to leave, before the crowd wakes up and reads what you just wrote...you really have NO CLUE, huh...Why don't you go to the matrix website, and read everything the Brothers have said/posted, and if you're brain doesn't explode with all the pertinent information, come back and we'll talk.

BackFire349
I'm well aware that their are stupid little religious symbolisms in the films, that in no way makes them deep. This is the first thing matrix fans need to realize, plus, they are so horribly obvious so that any idiot can see them and think they "cought" something deep in the movie.

You guys act like this movie is the first to deal with a christ like character, or have some kinda religious undertone to it. It simply is not true, there have been many other movies that have had a religious character/undertone that didn't actually rely on the obviousness of these symbols to develop a fan base full of people who think they are smart because they saw a picture of jesus christ hanging next to neo while he was staring blankly into the camera in an attempt to look "Profound".

You think it's hard to throw in that kinda crap into a movie? If a movie as simple as the matrix could disguise itself as deep by insinuating religion in the movie, then any movie can.

JediHDM
I'm not saying that it is "deep" b/c theres a picture of Jesus...GOD, you people make me sick!! ok, for instance, did you notice the fact that the book Neo uses is Simulacra and Simulation, and he opens to "on Nihilism"? NO, i know that is not religion, however, it is still pertinent. Just because they show a pic of Jesus, doesn't mean that the movie is not deep in OTHER WAYS...get off your tunnel vision and go DEEPER...

BackFire349
There is nothing else, everything else is over analyzing an over rated movie that is trying to hide it's simple notion by inserting needless and irrelevent philisophical notions randomly into segments of the movie.

Plus i forgot to mention that reloaded was just boring as hell to watch.

Reloaded in a nutshell.... "Preach preach preach, over use bullettime, preach some more, bulletttime, preach preach, insert random symbol for people to over analyze, preach preach preach preach, uh oh, our target audience is getting bored with our mumbo jumbo, it's time for bullettime, preach preach preach...THE END

Tired Hiker
Why did Morphious yell at everyone in that cave? It made him look funny.

BackFire349
that would fall under the catagory of "preaching" in the movie.

Tired Hiker
He should of just projected his voice a bit and not have yelled so loud.

BackFire349
they had to do that so the audience would get the false idea that what he was saying was important in some way.

rysdigital
Jedi> don't bother with this guy, he's a waste of everybody's time.

BackFire349
waste of time, just like watching the matrix reloaded huh?

rysdigital
BackFire> do you see us going to the horror forums and telling you your beloved genre sucks balls? since you're here now, i'll just say it; the horror genre sucks balls. they ARE real movies being made, try your local video store (anything but the horror section roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

BackFire349
yeah? That's fine. You think I haven't been told this before?

I'm well aware that teh horror genre is not a mainstreem interest and most people do look at the genre as a piece of crap. They are right for the most part, the majority of horror movies that come out are indeed garbage. However, that doesn't change teh fact that the horror genre does indeed have it's masterpieces, most of which are not mainstreem, so i won't expect you too have seen them since I'm guessing you don't like things that aren't hugely popular and trendy.

I have no problem with people disliking the horror genre, and i don't insult people who happen to disagree with my genre, simply because most of them are ignorant about the genre and have only seen the big name franchise horror flicks out there.

Tired Hiker
I hope revolutions will be better than reloaded.

BackFire349
I hope so too.

JediHDM
Making Revolutions Better than Reloaded is going to be hard, because Reloaded was such a great movie, however, i think it can be done...and the movie is not "preachy", although i can see how "horror movies" are MUCH better than Matrix Reloaded...And that is all i say, before, "adieu, and i will see you on my "ignore" list. Good day.

Tired Hiker
Moded!

Tired Hiker
I saw the Revolutions trailer when I went to see Kill Bill today. Revolutions looks awesome! I hope it lives up to it's trailer.

HooT
well guess who did the fights.....woo ping!!

Tired Hiker
Double Moded!

forumcrew
as far as him saying kill bill is more original then the matrix.. i really dont think even a person who hated the matrix could say that, when kill bill is in fact a movie made up of types of other movies. Now dont get me wrong kill bill was awesome, but it simply isnt and will never be what the matrix is. If you wanna talk about something with some deep ideas throw Donnie Darko out there or something but jesus Kill bill for deap and original? its a kung fu revenge flick..

SimplePriest
Kill Bill was overwhelming with the blood thing. I mean come on. It's like everyone had 12 pints of blood pressurized at 500 psi in thier veins. I liked the fights though, although... (and I'm afraid of getting yelled at for saying this) ...I've seen better. I think they were good, but... well whatever. I did enjoy watching them though. I love a good fight scene as much as the next guy. Yet, somehow, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.

And in closing... Uma... Lucy, ooohhh yeah! Well, in that case, maybe I would recommend this movie to some people smile Those two were pretty dang cool!

JediHDM
i agree with forumcrew, it really wasn't that original at all, and the fighting was mediocre, they just had, like simple said, too much blood...

spydar1982
I thouht Kill Bill was very good. I thought the blood was an "artistic" touch if you want to call it that. Is it the Matrix? Hell no. Close? Not even. The whole reason I started this post was because no matter what it is going to be compared to the Matrix sequels. Yuen Wo Ping did the fight scenes, the movie was split in two, the anime touch, I'm sure some people could think of more. I just thought it was great that we finally get some good martial arts films. AND FILMS WITH GOOD STORY!!! Every movie (sci-fi, horror, kung-fu) since the original Matrix and ones out now can't hold a candle to it and its sequels. The Matrix is today's Star Wars. Albeit finding out that Neo isn't the one was not as cool as "Luke I am your Father." This trilogy will be up there with Star Wars, The Godfather, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future. I think its great that we have movies that make you think (even if its just a little) because today's world is filled with crap. Its all just explosions and blood in a pretty bow tie for an MTV audience. Fast and the Furious = crap, Freddy vs Jason = CRAP, LOTR = boring (in my opinion... sorry to those who like it.) Bullet Proof Monk = sigh.... crap, the list goes on and on. and on. The Matrix = very good by todays standards. The "Brothers" are doing something great and they are pushing the boundries of film making. not story telling, but film making. I can guarantee that most people who did not like it just didn't get it. Like my brother who is one for simpled minded movies like those mentioned above (minus LOTR) hated Reloaded. He wanted a new "bullet time" sort of effect and couldnt appreciate the technical wonder that was the brawl or the freeway chase scene (which i live 10mins away from and ill post shots of that area if any one cares to see the real set). anyway i lost my thought....

DoC_Chaos
oh nice u live ten minutes away u gotta post pics is it like open to n e one o that would be so awsome to board on man there are so many medians and damn thats awsome uh wat was i gettin at um uh oh yeah pist shots of it and can u drive on it like from n e road or do u have to like go semi off roading to get to it

spydar1982
Well the actual freeway that it takes place on is fake as I am sure you already knew. But when Trinity drives out of the parking garage that was in Oakland (Oakland is in Alameda county). When her and Morpheous are talking about going on the freeway and she smashes through a fence that is where Oakland PD parks their police cars. She then turns down the off ramp which leads to the Alameda tunnel (which takes you to the city of Alameda). The Zion and Freeway scenes were filmed on an old army base. The freeway is open to all.

husky321
Uma Thurman would whup trinity's ass.

JediHDM
if uma didnt have her sword, she would die by trinity, and i think trin would still be able to take her WITH her sword...

spydar1982
AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA TRINITY LOSE TO BLACK MAMBA AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAH..... NEVER....

Verity
I hate it when copy cats come out! I refuse to even watch something like that! make up ur own stuff! It's not like there's not enough money and ppl in the industry to create something new! It's always like that! Something original comes out, then all the slugs latch on!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/yucky.gif

spydar1982
Kill Bill is definetly not a leach, slug whatever you want to call it. Kill Bill is something totally seperate and different than the Matrix films. But is something Matrix fans can enjoy. You should watch it is it a good movie and Q.T. is an awesome director.

Verity
His work never interested me...sorry...and if he is so good, he should find a different way of getting it across! I'm a big Matrix fan, and I don't approve of copying, brain picking, or immitating in general. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bored.gif

JediHDM
it wasn't imitation, at all...it had very interesting sword fights and action that was not meant to mimic, imitate, emulate, whatever, the matrix...

spydar1982
But its not imatation in anyway. Thats hypocritical of you to say. Have you seen Ghost in the Shell? HMMM human/cyborgs with plugs in their heads used to tap into computers..... Just look at the opening titles. Look pretty damn near close to those Matrix openings.... and this a movie from 1996.... How about Akira... Child prodigies, red and blue pills...... Old westerns = look at fight between Neo and Smith in M1. I liked the Matrix because it took many things from these movies and others. That is one of the reasons its so cool to me. Just because Kill Bill was split in 2 parts doesn't mean it was a reloaded revolutions rip off!!! Also by the way, the Anime artists who worked on Kill Bill working on the Animatrix and Akira, and Ghost in the Shell...... do your homework first...

Verity
The trailer was enough for me to see that. I'm not just talking about the plot....Couldn't care less about that...I'm referring to the style. There's others that have done the same, so all of u Kill Bill lovers, I apologize for offending!...I just don't approve of visual copies of the Matrix style! Like I said...there's enough creative ppl and money out there to come up with something new! But then again, that's just me...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bored.gif

Verity
confused http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxed.gif Gosh! So touchy feely! Forgive me for having an opinion! I wouldn't wanna waste my time on doing research on a movie that doesn't do it for me! Sorry!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/closedeyes.gif

JediHDM
um...jacking the matrix style? the matrix style is jacked of other things...

Verity
For instance?...

JediHDM
spydar just said...look up there^

spydar1982
The research i was refering to was for the matrix.

Verity
So....U still haven't answered my question...I'm sure the animators of the Animatrix would work on any movie they get paid to do.....That still doesn't change my mind. confused http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bored.gif

husky321
The matrix is original huh? Machines take over the world and are trying to destroy humans. Sounds alot like terminator to me. Kill Bill does not try and imitate anyone. There is hardly a plot to this movie. It is just a classic action flick.

spydar1982
free your mind.

Verity
I'm aware the plot has been discussed b4, altho I see the Matrix as a much deeper view than Terminator...But I was discussing visual styles, ground breaking material...i love Blade Runner for instance...the effects for it's time were interesting, but Matrix did change a lot of things in the industry' that as far as I'm concerned, Kill Bill has NOT done! That's all I'm saying.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ermm.gif

husky321
kill bill has only been out for a week! How can it change an industry that quickly.

Ushgarak
If we could keep things calm it would be nice. Also, again, I will not stand for group bashings of fans who like a particular movie.

spydar1982
Kill Bill was not made to push any boundaries. The Matrix was. We are all here to do what we.... oh... sorry.... we are all here because we love the Matrix its #1 ok? got it? good. Kill Bill will never be remembered like the Matrix will be. So if its a threat you feel, do not worry Kill Bill will never replace The Matrix. Kill Bill was made because there are many fans of Kung-Fu action films. Simple Kung-Fu. Kill Bill was made for those fans. Its in the same vein as those movies mentioned earlier. I am not trying to make you like the movie you can hate it and you can still be my best friend I do not give a rats ass really. I am just trying to keep you from looking like a fool when you saw its a rip off of the Matrix and many other movies. I just do not want you to look like a hypocrite when you saw the Matrix is original and Kill Bill is not. I really mean this in the nicest sense.

JediHDM
*chanting* spydar, spydar, spydar...

spydar1982
really LOL'd.... (eating it up and taking a bow)

husky321
The matrix ripped off the terminator. Kill Bill is very original. It is a classic movie. It was much more clever than the matrix movies.I still like the matrix more than kill bill but it is not as clever a movie.

forumcrew
seriously guys.. this post has gone on long enough.. and I don't think we even need to commit on husky's post... some people just weren't blessed with intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.