Al Pacino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
ok, so there needs to be a thread about one of the greatest actor EVER!
Very talented and amazing actor...and here are all his films!
Please check most of them out...cos he has nailed every single role he has got! big grin

Merchant of Venice, The (2005) (pre-production) .... Shylock
Void Moon (2004) (filming) .... Jack March
"Angels in America" (2003) (mini) TV Series (completed) .... Roy Cohn

Gigli (2003) .... Starkman
Recruit, The (2003) .... Walter Burke
People I Know (2002) .... Eli Wurman
S1m0ne (2002) .... Viktor Taransky
Insomnia (2002) .... Detective Will Dormer
Ultimate Fights from the Movies (2002) (V) (archive footage) .... Tony Montana (Scarface)
Chinese Coffee (2000) .... Harry Levine

Any Given Sunday (1999) .... Tony D'Amato
Insider, The (1999) .... Lowell Bergman
Devil's Advocate, The (1997) .... John Milton
... aka Im Auftrag des Teufels (1998) (Germany)
Donnie Brasco (1997) .... Benjamin 'Lefty' Ruggerio
City Hall (1996) .... Mayor John Pappas
Heat (1995) .... Lt. Vincent Hanna
Two Bits (1995) .... Gitano Sabatoni
... aka Day to Remember, A (1995)
Carlito's Way (1993) .... Carlito Brigante
Godfather Trilogy: 1901-1980, The (1992) (V) .... Don Michael Corleone
... aka Godfather Saga, The (1992) (V) (USA)
... aka Godfather Trilogy, The (1992) (V)
Scent of a Woman (1992) .... Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade
Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) .... Ricky Roma
Frankie and Johnny (1991) .... Johnny
... aka Frankie & Johnny (1991) (USA: poster title)
Godfather: Part III, The (1990) .... Don Michael Corleone
... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather: Part III (1990) (USA: complete title)
Dick Tracy (1990) .... Big Boy Caprice

Local Stigmatic, The (1989)
Sea of Love (1989) .... Det. Frank Keller
Revolution (1985) .... Tom Dobb
Scarface (1983) .... Tony Montana
Author! Author! (1982) .... Ivan Travalian
Cruising (1980) .... Steve Burns
... aka William Friedkin's Cruising (1980) (USA: closing credits title)

...And Justice for All (1979) .... Arthur Kirkland
Bobby Deerfield (1977) .... Bobby Deerfield
... aka Heaven Has No Favorites (1977) (Australia)
Dog Day Afternoon (1975) .... Sonny Wortzik
Godfather: Part II, The (1974) .... Don Michael Corleone
... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather: Part II (1974) (USA: complete title)
Serpico (1973) .... Frank Serpico
Scarecrow (1973) .... Francis, a.k.a. 'Lion'
Godfather, The (1972) .... Michael Corleone
... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather (1972) (USA: complete title)
Panic in Needle Park, The (1971) .... Bobby

Me, Natalie (1969) .... Tony

Kes
He is a good actor but I've never liked him messed

lil bitchiness
Really?! How come...
i think i might know what you mean...my uncle for example doesnt like Jack Nicholson...he thinks Jack is a good actor, its just his face....doesnt like him...blink

Kes
Its not his face but yeh basically I just dont like him. I dont know.

Smashmaster11
Al Pacino + Robert DeNiro's scene in "Heat."

Best. Scene. Ever.!!!!!

ahaetrkarykl
robert and deniro and al pacino were so awesome in heat. that was such a good movie. the movie had good music too.

Kes
I think its really boring messed Probably cos I expected so much. Great cast.

ahaetrkarykl
i can see how it might be boring if you werent really getting into the movie.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...i agree with that actually!
i loved the movie, but if you havent got into the movie, its bound to get boring.

ragesRemorse
Pacino is all talent, he has truly masterd the art of acting. There are few before him him who reached his stature of delivery, and and even few now. Infact you can count them on one hand. There will deffaintly never be another Al pacino, no one will come close to his brilliance of changing perceptions.He is also a cool guy who is anti hollywood, Anyone like this is alright in my book. My favorite movies of his are

Scent of a woman, Godfather series, Devils advocate, scarcrow and dog day afternoon

AnakinFan
He won a Oscar for Scent Of A Woman - I hated that movie HooRah!
He was awesome in The Insider with Russell Crowe

My gripe with Pachino is at times he goes over the top, he over acts. As in The Recruit.

He's right up there with the best of the best though.

ahaetrkarykl
ya i didnt like The Recruit but i think that had a lot to do with colin farrell being in it

ragesRemorse
yeah he does it blaintly though. which kiks ass

lil bitchiness
AMEN TO THAT!!!!! big grin God among actors.......

Kes
I was into the movie. I loved the trailer, wanted to see in the cinema but it didnt came out close to me, so I waited till video which back then took ages. Finally saw it and well pretty much hated. Takes to long to get going messed

lil bitchiness
I am bias though...i knew i was gonna like the film before seeing it....its again the Al Pacino factor....i think blink

tiffany's
I understand the Al Pacino thing....I don't think there is a movie I have seen with him yet that I didn't like. I like Deniro also but he doesn't have the umph that Pacino gives me. Heat is a complicated movie and I agree it took awhile to get going, but it turned out pretty cool.

I myself LOVED Pacino in Donnie Brasco. I ached when he got it in the end. He makes you like him even though...

lil bitchiness
Yeah...that is so true!!!
In the Godfather, which is also my favourite film of all time, he was sooo amazing...and it was one fo his earlier films!
not many people like Devils Advocate, but the fact that Pacino was in it made it so good!
Its the Pacino factor.....if you say, Al PAcino is in thi film, it immidiately makes you think its a great movie....(ecxept for Gigli, but that wasnt 'his' movie, and the scenes that he had, he did brilliantly!)

julibug
I liked Pacino in Simone, The Recruit, and The Devil's Advocate. I think those are the only movies of his that I have seen. I need to watch Heat, though, because I like Deniro and Pacino. I would probably like that movie, too.

johnny_rotten
I think his best performance was in "scent of a woman". If anyone hasnt seen it, you're missing out big time.

Generally I think he is quite a brilliant actor. His screen presence awesome.

tiffany's
I agree, "Scent" was great -- that reminds me, I need to see that again - lol

Korri
he scares me

lil bitchiness
sad WHY?!?!?!?!

Korri
urm...because he is satan so he is my father blink

lil bitchiness
Aahhahahahaaaa! big grin

Korri
oh i mean Father-in-Law love

lil bitchiness
You are crazy.....lol big grin

He was pretty amaqzing in Devils Advocate......with Keany....

Is there a film with Al Pacino and Leonardo Di Caprio...my brains dead at the moment? blink

Korri
i know im crazy...thats what im all about big grin

lukeyduckey
Al Pancino is a great actor. I loved all films i seen him in. But im upset to hear he was in Gigli!!
But no doupt he was the best thing innit by far!!
Al rules!

lil bitchiness
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin Damn right he does!!

Korri
lol

CandyKoRn
I think he's a great actor..

lil bitchiness
I widh he was my dad...or an uncle....and i'll be all like....
cool Heeeeey im in Pacino family *American-Italina accent*

lukeyduckey
Say ello to my lil freind!!

lil bitchiness
oh that rocks! big grin

Korri
kewl smile

lil bitchiness
oo oo frankie and johnny...thats a nice film...watch it!! waaaaaaaaatchi iiit! *glares threateningly* miffed

badkittykitty
angels in america changed my mind about al pacino,he's a little ruff,but his character in this made you want to punch him in the face,if someone can act so well you hate the character then thats talent! lol

SilverFighter
I like Al Pacino in the Godfather trilogy and in Scarface he is a gifted actor. But when I heard he was in Gigli, I couln't believe he would stain his marvellous career in a movie like that. I admire him and he is not as mean looking as some ppl think. He is a very cool guy and very profesional actor. Al Pacino is cool in my book thumb up

http://point.worldtel.net.pk/wallpaper/Posters/al%20pacino%20pic.jpg

lil bitchiness
I love this man!! I absolutely love him. Hes an amazing actor. talented to hell!!

cgtuna21
Al Pacino is one of the best actors in film history to what I think. I loved him as the drug lord badass in Scarface to the mafia leader Michael Corleone in The Godfather. This actor is so cool, too bad he's old now and can't starr in those bad ass movies. Go Pacino!!!!

steely balls
go pacino he is the godfather2guns

lil bitchiness
And bumping this also. love Cos hes beyond amazing.

Caribbean_Chick
Al Pacino is everywhere!!!Every movie I look at he's in or mentionedstick out tongue(or so it seems).. awesome dude.. loved him in Donnie Brasco

Willo
Pacino is the greatest actor of all time, and I agree his scarface, serpico and godfather days are behind him now.
But I think now he is getting older he is taking on roles which are totally different to what he was portraying earlier on in his career.
I personally thought he was brilliant in People I Know, Angels in America and Insomnia.
The three charaters he plays in these films are completely different to what we are expect Al Pacino to play.
I think he still commands a huge screen presence and will do for the rest of his acting career. There is nobody as yet in his league!

LONG LIVE PACINO!!!

wuTa
i agree with everything but that Deniro is in the same league as Pacino but Pacino is still better

LilKitty
thumb up Indeed!

Pacino is my all time favourite!

Willo
He was very good in Scent of a Women, but I preferred Pacino in And Justice For All. The final scene in that film made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. If you like Pacino you have to see the final scene of And Justice For All!!

Deathblow
He did a great job in The Godfather movies, especially to make himself stand out amongst the crowd of legendary actors playing alongside him. Scarface I feel is an overrated movie, but Pacino's intense and frightening to watch, his performance saves it. The scene in Heat where he finally meets DeNiro onscreen is pure electricity. Great man.

pinsleepe
i disagree. 'Devil's Advocate, The' is one of the best films i've ever seen. pacino is amazing.

you know what, he is very handsome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.