Dwarfs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
do the dwarfs make a apperance in ROTK ???????
id love to see them fight

pinksuezo
no. they do in the hobbit, wielding heavy hammers and armor, so hope it gets made.

Hypernova
Unfortunately we don't get to see other dwarves (or is that dwarfs?) in ROTK (unless someone can say otherwise). Only Gimli big grin

Arwenishott
no its only gimil...............and its spelt dwarves

Exa
Should be dwarrows but Tolkien uses Dwarves.

We should not see any... but who knows there were also elves in Helms Deep and there will be elves on Pelennor - and they should absolutely not be able to fight and loose so many at that time.

Perhaps we see a flash on the Battles in the North and PJ made some Dwarves fight there - on Erebor or something.

Arwenishott
i didnt kno there was gonna be elves in pellenor.......where did u hear that from..........i also didnt kno it should be spelt dwarrows......that odd.............exa u r so smart i love having u here

shadowy_blue
Though it is doubtful because it didn't happen in the book, I'd love to see them in action along with ALL the creatures in Middle-Earth fighting the forces of Sauron considering that this is the last movie and also to show to people that not only the Rohirrims, Gondorians and the Elves are the enemies of Sauron and his other allies (Easterlings etc.) but all of Middle-Earth as well. Just like what Gandalf said at the end of the "Two Towers", the "Battle for Middle-Earth" is about to begin.

But this is wishful thinking I suppose. sad

ATM4eternity
Yeah, i think i heard somewhere that in the first trailer that when it shows Aragorn leading all the men out of Gondor that there is an Elvish flag. I'm not sure if this was true tho. But if it is then elves probably do fight on the Pelennor and at the Black Gates. I agree though, even though it wasnt in the book i tihnk seeing all the good forces of middle earth vs the evil forces would be pretty sweet

Captain REX
Dwarves are awesome! Let's hope they make the Hobbit into a film.

Exa
smile
Hm, of course Arwen and Elrond are goin to travel there and I was told that there'll be more elves. Not sure about it but I think so.

Well Tolkien wrote that somewhere, I forgot where... if it was regularly derived from the original word it would be "dwarrows" (like in "Dwarrowdelf", Moria

Hypernova
Exa I think it may have been in The Hobbit? I do remember Tolkien taking great care in the pronounciation etc in the beginning or end of the book (It's been a while since I've read The Hobbit). Unless I read it in the Appendix of LOTR?

turin
dwarrow comes for the history of middle earth 12: the peoples of middle earth (if i remember right) i am sure it is mentioned otherplaces though that is just the one place i remember it. as exa said i hope that PJ does like a short scene showing all the places of middle earth that are under seige and we would then get to see the dwarves battling it out at the lonely mountain. if you look on the trailer it has a clip of what looks like legolas in battle with elven banners behind him.

Corlindel
It is asking to much seeing dwarves fighting to the north, but if we saw some of them at Elrond council, meybe we can see them again. But I don't think so... sad

Waiting eternaly for Silmarillion movie..or Hobbit

turin
i agree, i doubt we will see them and the waite for silmarillion will be "eternal" and the hobbit will be almost as long, sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.