General Fiction Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Here for your enjoyment, the General Fiction Discussion thread! Woohoo! big grin

You can discuss plans you have for your upcoming stories or upcoming entries to already thriving stories, compliment other people on their works and ask them about them, and just chat!

Standard forum rules are applied! No flaming, bashing, etc.

Captain REX
Just reminding people that chatter goes here! smile

Captain REX

silver_tears
lol kinda empty rex confused

Captain REX
Really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

*sigh* Not everyone likes writing, I guess...

StrgzrCndyPixie
i guess

silver_tears
stop rolling ur eyes at me miffed

Phoenix
I will eventually! A levels = evil!

Captain REX
That made no sense, Phoe...not unusual! big grin

Sorry Irene!

silver_tears
u better be evil face

Phoenix
*pokes*

A levels mean I have very little time to read fiction!

*skips off*

Captain REX
Oh!

SpikeSpiegel
I'll post the next part of my story as soon as its finished

EDIT:Oh and it'll also have a change in writting stylr. Lets just say i expanded my perspective of how to write.

Captain REX
A change in writing style eh? It'll be interesting to compare past chapters with new ones...

Bespin Bart
*grasshoppers and tumbleweeds...*

BLACKANGEL
ok huh
well is see that yall having a nice conversation which i dont understand.
well to bad so sad for me blink

Captain REX
Well, it is kinda empty in here, as you can tell. That is why there isn't really an ongoing conversation.

BOPRecruit 16
read bloomilicious's short story! she can use big words better than i can.

hotsauce6548
vargach

hotsauce6548
i no you're thinkin "what is he talkin bout?" but you may c a story titled that here.... i'm not sure if imma post it... its a story i've been ritin

Captain REX
I don't think it's been posted.

Hey, I've got a new one coming out! A futuristic war story, and it should be pretty good. I'll give you some preview stuff some time soon.

BOPRecruit 16
has anyone read my outsiders and x-evo fic?

bLooMiLiCioUs
why thank youbig grinbig grin*bows*

Captain REX
Yeah, those were some good shorties, Bloom. Very descriptive. I could pretty much picture that dehydrated guy.

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing *bows again* thank you!!!!
i like to describe in alot of detail...which is also why i like writing psychological stuff i guess..big grin

General Zink
Cool, Bloom. smile

I'm gonna write a story involving a guy who's good with martial arts and mainly swords or sharp objects.

hotsauce6548
cool zink... cant wait fer it to be posted... and rex, that futuristic war story sounds awesome

BOPRecruit 16
bloomi: have you been posting anything at ff.net?

Captain REX
Yeah, it is looking good so far, Hot Sauce...

SpikeSpiegel
My story Praetor is going to be a collection (I don't now how long yet, I'm tossing some ideas around) about a group of six people who defend their world from a cult called 'The Immortals'. To do this they become the dealers of justice, or Praetor. The first book is pretty much CT on his quest for revenge and him gathering a team for unknown reasons. I don't know what the theme is going to be for the second, but I know the characters, bad guys, places etc.
Oh and do not for any second think that it is our reality, you'll find out why soon enough.

SpikeSpiegel
I plan to have 'Gathering' completed by Christmas, New Year at the latest. Then on to the second volume that yet has no name.

Captain REX
Cool.

BOPRecruit 16
to everyone who reads my outsiders fic, i just uploaded a lot of new content for you people to enjoy. let me know if you have any questions on it.

mors823
I got a huge idea for a Legend of Zelda story. I already have some of it done, but now I lost the disk that had my work. It pretty long, but I've only typed up a little. I got more hand-written, so I should be fine. I plan on having 30-40 chapters. I explain more later, but I have to sleep now.

SpikeSpiegel
I'm afraid I must apologise for not adding more to the story for a while. I've been thinking about it a bit and I thought I might like to become an author so I've been re-writing it and adding to it. I'll post the first part here when it's done to see what you guys think of it.

Gotwa
I got bored, and am starting a general rabble of a Star Wars story.. Check it out if you want, I'm just starting. I started it on another forum, and noticed this so I posted it here and gonna continue it here.. I'm planning on it being pretty long.

Schizo_n_me
Hi, I need your guys help... in my story, a girl from america goes to Hogwarts, and she meets a guy, Draco Jr. So, I can't decide whether to make him go with her, or be friends with her (Harry hermione style) or be gay. Anyone wants to give your opinion, please do.

Captain REX
Quite alright, Spike! Writing changes always happen!

I'll be sure to check it out, Gotwa.

Hmm...I wouldn't know, Schizo...

Gotwa
I'm only up to 5 posts, but I'm writing 5 different stories at once, so yknow.

Captain REX
Multitasking, eh? Usually stories that are mutlitasked aren't as good, but it depends on the writer!

Captain REX
Alright, the prologue to my war story is up!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f53/t22145.html

Gotwa
I'm a decent writer, and they're all on different topics. Two are character histories, one is Starcraft, one is Star Wars, the other is a Final Fantasy for my gf.. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Cool! Where's the Star Wars one?

Gotwa
That's the story I'm writing in the forum. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Which on? It should be in here...

Gotwa
'Bridge of an ISD (Star Wars) (Gotwa)'

Here..

mors823
For my story, I plan to upload a map of the region it takes place in. It'll be similar to LotR, but the places all have some significance. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but some places listed on his maps are never mentioned. Nice job to detail though.) If I'm lucky, maybe by tomorrow.

Captain REX
Well, there are some things that change throughout his stories...

I did that for BB's Tomahawk story, though he never finished it.

BOPRecruit 16
here's a teaser synopsis for my upcoming potc story:

Synopsis: Will Turner is not who he says he is. He has lived another life that is eating away at him to be revealed to someone. Captain Jack Sparrow seems to be the only person that he can truly trust to tell and keep the truth to.

i think i'll title this "a well kept secret". it takes place after the movie and i've tweaked a couple of things from the movie in my references to it in the story.

Captain REX
ORLANDO: I'm not really Will Turner, I'm...Gimli!

*takes off a mask* stick out tongue

Sounds interesting...

BOPRecruit 16
i'm tweaking the potc plot a bit and gonna add an lotr twist to it. where will wasn't found and raised in that town in the movie and what happened after the movie.

Captain REX
Hmm...interesting...

BOPRecruit 16
what was the name of that place anyway?

Captain REX
I...don't...know. I'll watch the movie just so I can tell you... stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
uh...thanks? laughing

Captain REX
laughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
need i say or spoil more about my potc fic?

Captain REX
It's up to you...

BOPRecruit 16
Will Turner is really Legolas.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
in the story, legolas is contemplating about his immortality in an angsty way and thinks back on his life was like after and as he left middle earth far behind.

Captain REX
Hmm...interesting, though in Tolkien stuff, he leaves for Valinor in the stories.

BOPRecruit 16
well, in my story, he was still in middle earth. got depressed that all his friends there died then went to valinor. got boring, so he left to travel the world.

Captain REX
Interesting...hey it's a fan fic, do as you will!

BOPRecruit 16
yeap! at the end of the movie and book, i thought he was going to go traveling with gimli to revisit fangorn forest, but i guessnot.

Captain REX
Sounds interesting...

BOPRecruit 16
i was saying as in that didn't happen. didn't those two talk about it?

BOPRecruit 16
anyways...i just uploaded new content to my outsiders fic just a few minutes ago. so i hope all of my readers here at kmc enjoy it and leave me a nice review by pm or by posting one there.

SpikeSpiegel
Woah, I just went on Jedi Acadamy which I haven't been on for months and it turns out that Praetor is the name of the lightsabre hilt that I use. I got the name from a latan dictionary but how cool is that?

BOPRecruit 16
i just posted my own short poem thread. i hope vera see's it!

Captain REX
I was going to say something, but I thought you might have already known that, Spike. But yeah, that's pretty funny! Not like LucasArts has copyrights on it though...

Vera hasn't been on very much has she? erm

BOPRecruit 16
don't worry, rex! she's read them. it's just that she has a cold and her dad kicks her off the comp. more often. *sigh* alas...

Trinity_Matrix
I'm right now working on a Matrix story that I may post here someday...I've got it on fanfiction.net right now. Rex, you'd probably like it...it's about San and how she was unplugged from the Matrix and everything big grin

Trickster
Can someoone (apart from Rex and TM) read my Matrix story. If you want I can post it all in a big continous thread thing. And someone suggest a bloody name! My emotions are running too high to not have one!

Captain REX
Oh, goody, TM!

Ares wouldn't be too interesting, but may make an appearance in mine...

As well as Mors and Heph, if they so choose...

Trinity_Matrix
Heehee...I felt that I needed to write a story about her, if you want to read it I posted it under my penname at Fanfiction.net (my name on there is Alana the Black Mage) lol. Most of the characters from the RP will make some minor appearances at the very end of it big grin And are you ever planning on adding more to your Matrix story, Rex? I remember reading it about a month and a half ago...

And more people need to read Trickster's Matrix story!!! It's good!!! Heehee...shamelessly plugging other people's fics...

SpikeSpiegel
I've read it, I just haven't posted in it.

Trickster
@ TM
laughing out loud

@SS
what did you think? Please give me a name...

Hey, has anyoneread The Crucible, with that John Proctor guy
"Leave me my name!"

Captain REX
I probably will eventually, TM. Possibly this weekend!

Make Ares seem a bit gruff by the way, and make sure we don't die in the RPG so that we have a somewhat happy ending...

I have been reading Trickster's a bit, I may add it to the Writer's Credits.

What do people think of the Writer's Credits btw? It's a spot useful, isn't it? I list the stories I deem good and other works by the writer's of said stories.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, the other RP characters won't really be a big part, but I really should get input from the rest of the group for that part of the story. I will keep that in mind about Ares though! And I'm thinking that once I finish up the next part I'll post it here so the rest of the group can read it (Ush had read it, but no one else has yet...), but right now I've got a spot of writer's block as exactly how the scene I'm working on should go (it's a fight with agents, and two of the characters that I made up for it are going to die, I just need to get from the point I'm at to that one).

I haven't actually looked at the Writer's Credits...lol...

SpikeSpiegel
I've read all of the ones in the writers credits. I just need to find time to add more to my stories.

Captain REX
If I can be of any help, I will be, TM. yes

I did put you on the list, right Spike?

Also, I've been making the switches in my story, deleting the old material and replacing it with the updated material. I'll also provide a bit of bio for the characters that make up the crew of the Alchera (yes, I've changed the name of the ship).

SpikeSpiegel
I dunno.

I finally got the next part of my SW story done, despite my tiredness, which is why it's not my best piece. I thought I might let everyone know that in the game the crystals (I'm sure you all have ideas for what they really are used for and many will be correct.) are not found underneath fort tuskain, they are found on normal "target-practice" that can easily be found.

I was slightly disapointed when nobody posed any comments, but I don't care, I write because I like to write.

Trinity_Matrix
Meh, it doesn't really bother me if no one comments on my stories -- I mostly post on fanfiction.net and some of my stories have gotten a lot of comments, and others have gotten hardly any. I just don't like when people leave stupid comments or flames.

Thanks for the offer, Rex, but I think I've gotten past my writer's block part smile

Captain REX
Goody! What was the link to your story again?

Also, I'm working on mine. I used San's Oracle prediction, since I could think of no other that I deemed good.

Trinity_Matrix
Ha, I feel loved, Rex is stealing my stuff...just kidding laughing out loud

And here's the URL: My Matrix Story!!!

Captain REX
Hehe! big grin

Two ships in my fic. The main one is the Alchera, which is Aborigini for 'dream time,' which fits the Matrix theme of it being a dream. The other ship that comes into play is the Melchizedek, 'King of Righteousness' from the book of Genesis in the Bible. Here's the crew listings, as I have done tediously for the rest of the ships from the films, RPGs, and comic books.

Alchera - Al
Odysseus - Captain
Adelard - First Mate
Bolt - Operator
Artemis
Rusty
Wake
Janet

Rusty, Wake, Janet, and Bolt are hacker names. Adelard is a name that you might name someone normally, but the meaning eludes me. Odysseus is a hero from Greek mythology, captain of a journey of some sort, haven't read Homer's Odyssey in awhile. Artemis was the Greek goddess of the hunt.

Melchizedek - Mel
Arohirohi - Captain
Bishop - First Mate
Jack - Operator
Voodoo
Glitch
Quicksilver
Carp

I'm quite happy with the names for the crew of the Melchizedek. Bishop, Jack, Voodoo, Glitch, and Quicksilver are hacker names. Carp is the Chinese symbol of youth, self-defense, strength, etc., which fits the young Asian-American boy, and Arohirohi is the Polynesian Maori goddess of mirages, which the Matrix is a mirage!

Sylvannas
...wow...you commented on all my stories, and best of all they weren't flames, thank you ;_;

venomfan
writing is harder than i thought, especily since i dont know much about biblical stuff....and im not really trying to write somthing about god.
ERRRR! WRITERS BLOCK!!!

Captain REX
Welcome, Sylvannas! I put the "The Knight vs. the Bard" story on the Writer's Credits!

Writer's block bites. messed

Trinity_Matrix
Ugh...no kidding...my friend and I came up with something back in sophomore year when we both had writer's block -- we're just waiting for that baseball bat to hit us with a good idea.

Captain REX
Heh... *takes out a baseball bat*

Did you see the crew listings of the ship, TM? Thought you might find those interesting.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, yup I did. I'm trying to remember who Odysseus was...I believe he was a Greek who fought at Troy and it took him ten years to get back to Greece...or something like that. I don't remember, I haven't read it for four years blink

SpikeSpiegel
Odysseus? Ah fond memories. I've got a book my Dad got for me when I was born: The legends of Odysseus. I haven't read that in ages, might go read it tonight.

Captain REX

SpikeSpiegel
Wish I was as good of a writer as you.

Captain REX
Thanks Spike. I just have a lot of time on my hands, and I think creatively too much... yes

Now, if some could just explain why I have a C+ or B- in advanced literature rather than an A+....

Captain REX
Chapters 5 through 8 have been posted of my Matrix fic. 7 is the longest. Three posts to fit in all the bone-crushing, SWAT-shooting, jump-kicking, Agent-avoiding action! Chapter 8 is also a spectacular car chase. big grin

Chapter 9 will be posted tomorrow, and maybe 10 if you are lucky. Sentinels...mmmm...

SpikeSpiegel

Vim
perhaps we shouldn't know right away that he is a thief, let the reader discover that he is thief by his actions, but other than that it is good.

SpikeSpiegel
OK, I'll note that down.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, maybe because in most English classes they don't care if you can write creatively? I was supposed to be in AP Lit this year but I refused to take it because I wanted to take Creative Writing yes

Captain REX
And why don't I have a Creative Writing class? *goes haywire*

Anyway, who's checked out the new chapters?

Trinity_Matrix
I will in a second smile

My school has a bunch of elective English classes that anyone can take, but mostly seniors take them. So this year I took Contemporary Lit C (which focuses on science-fiction and horror novels) and am right now in Creative Writing big grin I had to fight so hard though with my counselor to get out of taking AP Lit so I could take those classes...

SpikeSpiegel
I did, Really good.

Captain REX
Sounds like fun, TM. stick out tongue

Thanks Spike. smile

I tried to make the Agents seem like they do in the films. Unusually calm, Smith gets angry from time to time, they can throw people through walls, etc.

Trinity_Matrix
Damn agents...laughing out loud

I just read through them, cool! yes

Captain REX
Yes indeedy! Thanks TM. yes

Chapter 9 has been put up too. Chapter 10 is in progress.

I have already planned out some things not yet written yet. The One is involved...

Trinity_Matrix
You're welcome! I read chapter 9 already, the title amused me laughing out loud

Captain REX
I'll let you guess what the title of Chapter 10 is then. Part of the saying. wink

Trinity_Matrix
Hmm...would it by any chance be "Into the freezer" or something along those lines big grin

(there's a part in Final Fantasy X where one of the characters says "I found myself out of the frying pan, and in the freezer." heh...)

Captain REX
Into the Fire, actually. From bad to worse, is what the saying implies.

Trinity_Matrix
Ahh...I forgot what the actual quote was, just the goofy one from FFX smile

Captain REX
Yeah, that ones implies that everything got better all of the sudden! stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
lol...not really, just going from one type of trouble to a totally different type of trouble!

And I feel like killing half the people in my Creative Writing class...

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Trinity_Matrix
Three-quarters of the class is seniors, but the guys all act like they're freshman and it drives me freaking insane and almost makes me wish like I DID take AP English...let me tell you, after three years of Honors English, taking regular English classes this year was quite a shock blink

Captain REX
Fun...

I have a B- in Honors English! I pass! big grin

Nitrion
Hi My Name is Aaron Arbolida...

--I'm just looking for some new friends!

"Doe's anybody like to write stories?'

I would also like to meet somebody who is a real time Novelist and is interested in a whole new style of writing and character design...

Also storyboarding...

"---Please contact me!"
<[email protected]>

§pearhead
erm Can't say I'm a real-time novelist, but I'm a pretty decent writer, I got a 120-some odd story in the works...I'm not gonna publish it though.

Trinity_Matrix
Yay for passing yes

Oh Rex, my creative writing teacher told us about this magazine/website today that I think you'd be interested in (as well as anyone else)...it's called Merlyn's Pen and they publish writings done by high school students. I'm seriously considering submitting something and I think you should too yes the site is http://www.merlynspen.org.

Captain REX
Says the link's not working. blink

But I'll check it out some way or another. yes

SpikeSpiegel
I was thinking of maybe doing a Devil May Cry story, If I decide to I'll do it at the weekend.

SpikeSpiegel
Ahh, I'll do it today.

Trinity_Matrix
It's because there's a period at the end of the link...

http://merlynspen.org

that should work.

Devil May Cry is a great game, Spike...and cool new sig big grin

Captain REX
I think it would be "Devil Never Cries", Spike, rather than Devil Never Cry.

SpikeSpiegel
But Devil Never Cry is the name of the agency at the end of the game

SpikeSpiegel
Thanks big grin

Trinity_Matrix
Tidus, Spike, and Dante...awesome combination there yes

I never finished Devil May Cry...I borrowed it from a friend and had to return it before I finished. I THINK I got through about 13 missions...but I can't remember. Very fun game though.

xeous
You didn't miss much. The end of the game is dumb. You fly around and shoot this big Sphynx like thing.

BTW- Read my story everyone...Read the disclaimer too wink

Captain REX
Well they need to learn the correct grammar. stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
stick out tongue Nitpicky, are we? Though I shouldn't talk...

I've got writer's block on my current Matrix story, but last night I was in a stressed mood and got an idea for another one, I'm already nearly done with it, and this one I'll actually post on here!

xeous
You mean that you guys write before and then post it? lol...I just did mine off the top of my head...I'm still going too...

Trinity_Matrix
Usually when I'm writing something I start out by writing it out by hand in a notebook and then typing it -- that way I can go through and edit it out before typing it and posting it up on the internet.

Captain REX
That's how I do it too, Xeous.

Trinity_Matrix
I occasionally do the 'sit at the computer and type the whole damn thing out' thing, but only when I've got a really good idea and think I can get it all out at once...but I usually avoid doing that because then I wind up making too many little mistakes. Plus I just like writing my stuff out in notebooks because if I get an idea in, say, the middle of math class, I can just pull out and work on it!

Hey, Rex...what grade are you in? Sophomore, right?

Captain REX
Yeah, I am. yes

I do everything on the computer.

Captain REX
btw, what do you call the hand-held guns that they use in the Real World that kill the Sentinels?

Trinity_Matrix
Uhh...no idea...I don't remember them being called anything but 'guns' blink

Captain REX
Ah poo...

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, lemme guess...you need to know for your story?

Captain REX
Yes, but I simply went with laser gun. *shrug*

If you stay on long enough, Chapter 10 will be up momentarily.

Trinity_Matrix
Hee, I was going to suggest referring to them as something completely random like calamari cooker stick out tongue

Okay smile

Captain REX
Calamari cooker? laughing out loud

Trinity_Matrix
Hey, it's late, I'm half-asleep, and I'm random enough as it is when I'm fully awake...me+no sleep=insanity.

...and now that I've mentioned calamari I'm hungry. Damnit.

Captain REX
Posted, now on to Chapter 11.

Trinity_Matrix
Eep! Just read it, stupid sentinels...but very cool yes

Meh, I'm going off to bed, maybe I'll get to sleep before midnight for a change...

Captain REX
What? Before midnight? Impossible! stick out tongue

xeous
It's not before midnight here on the east coast...

Captain REX
It's 10:15 here in southern Cali right now... sleep

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>