Jar Jar WILL have whiskers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
I'm pretty sure about this, as GL has said how Jar Jar will be much more mature in Episode 2 and in the VD for TPM it refers to Captain Tarpal's whiskers as a "sign of maturity." You can just see tiny bumps on Jar Jar's nose in TPM where his whiskers are meant to grow and I'm sure that they'll be fully grown in Episode 2. Just thought I'd mention this to you all, because I'm just so pretty darn certain that I'm right. smile

theEviljedi
I didn't really like Tarpal's whiskers. They made him look like a cat-fish.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Okay DD, I'm going to remember this prediction laughing out loud

I actually think Jar Jar would look cool with whiskers.

Jedimaster3838
I hope that Jar Jar has matured. His character would really serve no purpose if he were the same bumbling character. Perhaps he's there to parallel Anakin and his "growing up" and we see his development as well, from idiot Gungan to mature Senator who helps try to save the Republic

Ratcat
He EJ, ever though that might be the idea? The gungans must have evolved from some kind of amphibian or fish.

Gundark
That would make sense since their city was underwater, but at some point in time their evolutionary cycle must have required them to spend more time breathing air rather than oxygenated water. I agree JarJar has to age in some respect (like the whiskers) in order to follow the time line.

finti
Great! Catfish in space.

funk to funky
thought he was more a kitty-kat man myself

hahahahahhaahhahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaa
hhahahahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaahhahah
ahahaha

*fallls on floor laughing*

brahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhhahahaha
hhahahahahha

(ok, so I have an odd sense of humor)

theEviljedi
I think Jar Jar's vote will be the decideing factor in the making of the clones and the downfall of the Jedi for some reason.

Ratcat
That would be .... em ..... different.

Darth Gehenna
Maybe his vote will ban Cloning, but clones will still be made illegally, and then Arnold is made into a clone, and there's some 6th Day law going on and then he sees the clone, and then he has to be killed because cloning has been banned. Oops, I think I'm rambling.

theEviljedi
I love your new icon.laughing out loud

Jedimaster3838
From what I understand the Senate does vote to use clones and Jar Jar is supportive but Padme is not, maybe this will cause some more tension between the races on Naboo.

Ratcat
I am not convinced of the Jar Jar the senator idea. Sound nice in theory but would the general audience buy it?

Raz
I would have thought that each planet has one representative. If that isn't the case then what would happen if a planet similar to earth was to be represented?

Ratcat
Is it by planet or by civilisation. The Naboo and the Gungans are an odd example as they have two distinct races with their own ways of living, etc but share a single planet.

Darth Gehenna
In TPM I thought Palpatine was the senator for like a few systems, or something to that effect. For the general audience to accept Jar Jar as a senator they would first need to show him as a mature and more serious person. After all, he is now passing the comic relief off to R2 and 3PO now that 3PO will be complete.

IGOTMYBEAT
Boss Nass could pass off as a Senator. I don't know about Jar Jar though...

Dim
True..it does kind of take a big leap of faith to see Jar Jar as a senator..and you're right Gehanna, Palpatine was a senator for 3 planets.

Ratcat
I think it was regional or something. Not planets from all over.

finti
Palpatine senators for three planets, according to whom?

Ratcat
According to Dim at least...

finti
<all of a sudden i got the voice of Hannibal Lecter>
What do you know Dim, about palpy beeing a senator for three planets?

Darth Daft
It actually says in the Visual Dictionary that he represents 36 worlds, all in the same sector (not system) as Naboo. I guess that isn't really cannon, but the book was made by Lucas Books, so it's hard to tell really.

UnknownBountyHunter
Tarpals whiskers are cool, they make him look mature. big grin

Ratcat
Plus his voice was much deeper and clearer, making him appear older and wiser.

UnknownBountyHunter
Kind of like an elder.

Dim
I don't know where..I just remember hearing it somewhere..

Jedimaster3838
I want have to big of a problem seeing Jar Jar as a Senator as long as he matures. It has been ten years, shoot, ten years ago I was a little 8 year old brat who thought he knew everything.....well, thats a bad example wink

Darth Gehenna
Back on the subject about Palpatine real quick, this is straight from starwars.com,

"One of the keenest minds in the Galactic Senate, Senator Palpatine of Naboo has achieved the important distinction of representing an entire sector consisting of hundreds of star systems."

As for Jar Jar, I think he would be a senator seeing as how he brought the Naboo and Gungans together.

Dim
Yes..I think they changed that..I think it used to say that represented 3 planets...and changed it..I don't know why though.

Ratcat
Two words for you; "PLOT POINT"

Various character descriptions have been updated, clowly, but surely, in order to fit the changes made to accomadate the Episode-II and III storyline.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.